March 28, 2024, 07:34:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597785 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2011, 12:52:37 AM »

http://www.wibc.com/news/Story.aspx?id=1438911

More Details on the Altercation Before Lauren Spierer's Disappearance
By Alex Brown
6/9/2011

New details have come out regarding the altercation that took place shortly before the disappearance of 20-year-old IU student Lauren Spierer.

Fox59 reports Spierer returned to the apartment building with her friend Corey Rossman after leaving Kilroy's Sports Bar at 2:30 last Friday morning. Rossman was in the fifth floor lobby when he was punched in the face by a friend of Spierer's boyfriend Jesse Wolff.

Witnesses say Spierer and Rossman left the building and went to Rossman's apartment nearby where they stayed until Spierer left around 4:30, the last time she was seen.

Rossman's attorney Carl Salzmann tells The Journal News in Westchester, New York that after the two arrived at Rossman's apartment, his roommate put Rossman to bed. Rossman says he woke up with no knowledge of the events of the night before.

"The first memory he has is the next morning when he wakes up in his bed, and that's corroborated by several people," Salzmann told The Journal News.

Bloomington Police say they have persons of interest in the case but would not say who or how many. Police have searched Rossman's apartment and car as well as his credit card and cell phone records. Salzmann would also not say if his client was a person of interest but that Rossman is cooperating with police.

"The difference between a person of interest or a suspect, I've never been able to quite figure out what that is," Salzmann said.

Meanwhile, friends of Spierer say that Wolff has not been part of the search team because he was told he couldn't.

"He really had nothing to do with this. If anything, he was the first person to be concerned by the fact that he hadn't heard from her," Sarah Gorman says.

::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2011, 12:59:21 AM »

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/questions-swirl-over-surveillance-cameras-in-bloomington

Questions swirl over surveillance cameras in Bloomington
Updated: Thursday, 09 Jun 2011, 11:53 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 09 Jun 2011, 11:45 PM EDT

By: Phil Sanchez
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WISH) - As the search for Lauren Spierer continues, so does the outpouring of financial support - and the controversy.

"Whoever harmed her should be put in prison, and I'm offering $25,000 for information," said Bloomington Attorney Ken Nunn.

He also expressed frustration that the city didn’t have its own surveillance cameras at traffic intersections and is instead having to rely on private businesses’ security systems.

Police on Tuesday night used a battering ram to break in doors to security rooms at Smallwood Plaza, where Spierer lives, to obtain computers with surveillance footage on them.

And Carl Salzmann, the lawyer of one of the students who was with Spierer the night she disappeared said police contacted him on Saturday requesting to view surveillance footage from outside his downtown Bloomington office.

Still, police have said they have little information to release .

"I'm sorry that we don't have surveillance cameras in every intersection,” he said Thursday. “I mentioned it to them in 2006, and they said Bloomington doesn't need surveillance cameras."

Such municipal cameras could've helped authorities find out what happened to Spierer, 20, missing since the early morning hours of June 3.

cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2011, 01:15:41 AM »

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/questions-swirl-over-surveillance-cameras-in-bloomington

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WISH) - As the search for Lauren Spierer continues, so does the outpouring of financial support - and the controversy.

"Whoever harmed her should be put in prison, and I'm offering $25,000 for information," said Bloomington Attorney Ken Nunn.

He also expressed frustration that the city didn’t have its own surveillance cameras at traffic intersections and is instead having to rely on private businesses’ security systems.

Police on Tuesday night used a battering ram to break in doors to security rooms at Smallwood Plaza, where Spierer lives, to obtain computers with surveillance footage on them.

And Carl Salzmann, the lawyer of one of the students who was with Spierer the night she disappeared said police contacted him on Saturday requesting to view surveillance footage from outside his downtown Bloomington office.

"I'm sorry that we don't have surveillance cameras in every intersection,” he said Thursday. “I mentioned it to them in 2006, and they said Bloomington doesn't need surveillance cameras."

Such municipal cameras could've helped authorities find out what happened to Spierer, 20, missing since the early morning hours of June 3.

OH NO!
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2011, 01:18:59 AM »

By Alex Brown
6/9/2011

New details have come out regarding the altercation that took place shortly before the disappearance of 20-year-old IU student Lauren Spierer.

Fox59 reports Spierer returned to the apartment building with her friend Corey Rossman after leaving Kilroy's Sports Bar at 2:30 last Friday morning. Rossman was in the fifth floor lobby when he was punched in the face by a friend of Spierer's boyfriend Jesse Wolff.

[/u]
Witnesses say Spierer and Rossman left the building and went to Rossman's apartment nearby where they stayed until Spierer left around 4:30, the last time she was seen.

Rossman's attorney Carl Salzmann tells The Journal News in Westchester, New York that after the two arrived at Rossman's apartment, his roommate put Rossman to bed. Rossman says he woke up with no knowledge of the events of the night before.

"The first memory he has is the next morning when he wakes up in his bed, and that's corroborated by several people," Salzmann told The Journal News.

Bloomington Police say they have persons of interest in the case but would not say who or how many. Police have searched Rossman's apartment and car as well as his credit card and cell phone records. Salzmann would also not say if his client was a person of interest but that Rossman is cooperating with police.

"The difference between a person of interest or a suspect, I've never been able to quite figure out what that is," Salzmann said.

Meanwhile, friends of Spierer say that Wolff has not been part of the search team because he was told he couldn't.

"He really had nothing to do with this. If anything, he was the first person to be concerned by the fact that he hadn't heard from her," Sarah Gorman says.

Jesse Wolff's Facebook (profile pic with Lauren)
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1371840174

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2011, 01:21:04 AM »

http://www.wthr.com/story/14879549/key-card-swipes-may-hold-clues-in-the-disappearance-of-iu-student

Key card swipes may hold clues in the disappearance of IU student
Updated: Jun 09, 2011 9:49 PM CDT
By Jennie Runevitch - bio

BLOOMINGTON - As searchers canvassed Bloomington again Thursday night in the Lauren Spierer disappearance, Eyewitness News caught up with childhood friends of the Indiana University student.  They just flew in from out of town to find information, help with the search, and hope for a break in the case.

"It's just absolutely frightening to me,"  said Becca Leskowitz, Lauren's friend.  "Anything that's moving forward is something because someone knows something. She didn't just disappear into thin air. She's somewhere."

Potential new leads are going out from Smallwood Plaza, where Lauren lives.  The apartments require key cards for entry.   That security data could be key for Bloomington police.

"We have more than 4,000 key swipes in the 48 hours surrounding her disappearance," said Smallwood spokesperson Ernie Reno.  Reno says they offered that information to police right away, as soon as Lauren was reported missing, but didn't get a response.

Now, after reaching out to investigators again Thursday, police say they want the data.  Smallwood plans to deliver that information to police Friday morning.

"It's one more piece to the puzzle, and whether or not Lauren had her card at that time, we don't know, but perhaps someone else did that may have been with her or whatever, and we can track it that way, so we're hopeful that something will be found,"  Reno said.

cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2011, 01:21:09 AM »

::snipping::Bloomington police report no progress in Spierer case.
http://www.indystar.com/

Thats a headline, how depressing. Again, I hope it's just a ploy. Otherwise the BPD look like dopes.
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2011, 01:28:44 AM »

http://www.fox59.com/videobeta/?watc...f-b50c491a1f11

There are a couple of good videos here with interesting info. For instance, Corey was on a "No Trespassing" list at Smallwood for previous incidents.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2011, 02:01:22 AM »

http://www.fox59.com/videobeta/?watc...f-b50c491a1f11

There are a couple of good videos here with interesting info. For instance, Corey was on a "No Trespassing" list at Smallwood for previous incidents.

Thanks, cheerio.  They were good videos.  Hopefully, the police will get enough information and find Lauren.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2011, 03:56:06 AM »

I believe this is hers:

http://lspierer.blogspot.com/

This does seem to be her. Says she is from Scarsdale. Very well written. Not a bimbo, I would say.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2011, 04:09:37 AM »

My Johnny Cochran alarm is going off. Corey Rossman's lawyer is too slick. A roommate put Rossman to bed and he doesn't remember anything? Yet, other stories say he is the one who saw her on the street at 4:30 am and watched her head for home.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2011, 04:12:37 AM »

Here is a 1998 email from a Corey Rossman. The father?

http://www.casact.org/lists/studygroup10/00000041.htm

Coventry Resource Group has an address in Cleveland, Ohio.

FWIW
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2011, 04:25:17 AM »

Here is Jesse Wolff's fb page. I don't know how to
copy and paste the image. Looks like Lauren with him in his profile picture.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2011, 04:59:25 AM »

Take away what Corey Rossman and the lawyer say and you have Lauren last seen for sure, on video,  in the lobby of her apartment building with Corey Rossman. Both were drunk. He got in a fight. Her keys and other items were found a few blocks north, in the direction of Corey Rossman's apartment building.  Were there witnesses at the so-called party? Who were they? Were they also drunk?

I hate this lawyer: says Corey Rossman can't remember because of getting punched in the face. Earlier reports say his friends say he was in an alcoholic blackout. Lawyer is a former prosecutor. Looks like family got the best lawyer they could get, in a hurry. Why?
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2011, 05:01:41 AM »

It's the middle of the night. I'm the only one posting. I'm interested in this case cuz I went to IU -- don't make me tell you the year I graduated.
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2011, 08:46:52 AM »

It's the middle of the night. I'm the only one posting. I'm interested in this case cuz I went to IU -- don't make me tell you the year I graduated.

Won't ask Port Valerie, and don't ask me either haha. Thanks for the info.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2011, 12:18:51 PM »

By Alex Brown
6/9/2011

[/u]

Jesse Wolff's Facebook (profile pic with Lauren)

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2011, 12:56:19 PM »

The story sounds a bit fishy, I think its a matter of time before some one cracks.

Memory loss of the exact period of time that is in question and no memory loss on one side or the other of an individual going missing. Hmm, and has an atty.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/06/10/the-search-investigation-continues-for-missing-indiana-university-student-lauren-spierer-corey-rossman-claims-memory-loss/
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2011, 01:00:13 PM »

Is Salzmann's office in the area she disappeared or are they trying to find out exactly when Corey hired him?
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2011, 01:37:33 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lauren-spierer-search-boyfriend-person-interest/story?id=13809364

Lauren Spierer Search: Boyfriend Now a Person of Interest
By BARBARA PINTO and JESSICA HOPPER
June 10, 2011
Police have no suspects in the disappearance of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer, but said today that her long time boyfriend is one of 10 persons of interest.

"We continue to speak with him. He's cooperative," said Bloomington Police Lt. Bill Parker at a press conference.

Spierer, 20, has been missing for a week. She disappeared after partying with friends at a sports bar.

Spierer's friends say that the missing student and her boyfriend have a loving relationship. The unidentified young man, also a student at Indiana University, was one of the first to become alarmed when Spierer didn't return his text messages on June 3.

"He really cares about her. Lauren was his life, his number one priority. He would never do anything to hurt her," said Hadar Tamir, Spierer's roommate.

After returning Rossman to his apartment, Spierer left for another friend's apartment. That friend saw her walk towards her own apartment at about 4:30 a.m. last Friday. The pint-sized student who weighs less than 100 pounds and is 4-foot-11 was last seen three blocks from her apartment.

Surveillance video also shows Lauren in an alley walking with an acquaintance on the morning she disappeared. The alley is the same place where her keys and coin purse were found by authorities.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2011, 02:07:05 PM »

Is Salzmann's office in the area she disappeared or are they trying to find out exactly when Corey hired him?

The lawyer's office is in the area that Lauren disappeared.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.