March 29, 2024, 07:22:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597917 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2011, 12:57:28 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/11/ten-people-questioned-as-persons-interest-in-indiana-college-students/

Ten People Questioned as 'Persons of Interest' in Indiana College Student's Disappearance

Published June 11, 2011 | FoxNews.com

advertisement

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Police say the boyfriend of a college student from Westchester who vanished at Indiana University was named "a person of interest."

Jesse Wolff, 21, the Long Island beau of missing Lauren Spierer, 20, is one of 10 people being looked at and is being "cooperative," Bloomington Police Lt. Bill Parker said Friday. Another student, Corey Rossman, submitted to a DNA swab, The New York Post reports.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/11/ten-people-questioned-as-persons-interest-in-indiana-college-students/#ixzz1OzH5U2rF
 ::snipping2::

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »

From IU college newspaper, The Indiana Daily Student:

http://idsnews.com/news/headline.aspx

No new information from press conference, police are still persistent

Although there have been no significant developments in the case of missing IU student Lauren Spierer, the Bloomington Police Department said that does not mean it will lessen its investigation.
02:00 PM, Saturday

http://idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81881

Spierer search to air on television's America’s Most Wanted

The search for Lauren Spierer is about to get bigger.

Lauren’s case will be aired on America’s Most Wanted on Saturday. The Bloomington Police Department is bringing in a tip management program because they’ve been told there is usually an increase in tips after the program airs.

Lt. Parker also said that Lauren's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, was among the persons of interest in the case.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #182 on: June 11, 2011, 05:11:16 PM »

No idea if I am right or even on the right track but I am thinking Lauren and her boyfriend were on the outs. She became interested in this other guy which set in motion a crime of passion. Just my thought at the moment.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #183 on: June 11, 2011, 05:58:27 PM »

No idea if I am right or even on the right track but I am thinking Lauren and her boyfriend were on the outs. She became interested in this other guy which set in motion a crime of passion. Just my thought at the moment.

i agree 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: June 11, 2011, 06:52:02 PM »

Very possible TG
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #185 on: June 11, 2011, 08:45:22 PM »

Yes, jealousy could get quite out of control. They have retrieved Laurens phone. Are there are multiple and increasingly frenzied calls or texts from Jesse? Threatening? Why is this moving so slow?
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: June 11, 2011, 09:11:17 PM »

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28207681/detail.html

Spierer's Mom: 'Lauren Is With Me Everywhere'
Police Hope More Tips Will Pour In

POSTED: 4:58 pm EDT June 11, 2011
UPDATED: 6:13 pm EDT June 11, 2011

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- The mother of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer is clinging to hope that her daughter will be found safe as the search moved into its second week.

Volunteers, family and friends said they're determined to find Spierer, who was last seen in the early-morning hours of June 3, blocks from her Smallwood Plaza apartment.

Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters said police are hoping that Spierer's case being profiled on Fox's "America's Most Wanted" on Saturday will bring a fresh round of tips to an investigation that seems to have stagnated.

"We have a detective that has to go out to (Washington) D.C., to provide information about this particular case," Qualters said.

Police said they have received some additional surveillance video from businesses in the area Spierer was last seen, but they aren't saying what it showed.

Meanwhile, search parties are still being launched daily, and volunteers are pledging not to give up hope.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: June 11, 2011, 09:24:53 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-atlanta/missing-iu-student-to-be-featured-on-america-s-most-wanted-tonight

Missing IU student to be featured on 'America's Most Wanted' tonight
June 11, 2011 8:05 pm ET .
Radell Smith

Lauren Spierer went missing slightly more than a week ago and while police have acknowleded they have 'persons of interest' in the case, the Indiana University student remains missing and no suspect has been arrested. USA Today reports that "America's Most Wanted" will profile the case on television tonight at 9 p.m. in an effort to produce new leads and tips regarding Lauren's known activities and whereabouts during the early morning hours of June 3.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Missing IU student to be featured on 'America's Most Wanted' tonight - Atlanta Crime | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-atlanta/missing-iu-student-to-be-featured-on-america-s-most-wanted-tonight#ixzz1P1Ke73Ag

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: June 11, 2011, 09:32:56 PM »

They featured the Lauren case for a new minutes. 

Did anyone else hear this comment:  "Her appearance may have been altered"?

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: June 11, 2011, 09:47:35 PM »

Yes, I heard that. One of the police sources made that comment one time, earlier in the week. I don't think it reflects what the police are currently thinking. They're looking in lakes and reservoirs, not for a kidnapped girl.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: June 11, 2011, 09:52:20 PM »

Yes, I heard that. One of the police sources made that comment one time, earlier in the week. I don't think it reflects what the police are currently thinking. They're looking in lakes and reservoirs, not for a kidnapped girl.

Thanks, Port Valerie!  It's a shame that that statement was part of the program if it's "old" news.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2011, 09:59:06 PM »

Yes, a shame if that one line brings in tips about small college-age girls of almost any description.

Thanks, Port Valerie!  It's a shame that that statement was part of the program if it's "old" news.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/criminal-profiles-in-national/missing-iu-student-lauren-spierer-criminal-profiling-and-victimology-report

Missing IU student Lauren Spierer: Criminal profiling and victimology report
June 11, 2011 1:54 pm ET
Radell Smith
Criminal Profiles Examiner

Spierer, 20, has been missing a week and police have now zeroed in on several ‘Persons of Interest’ in the ongoing missing person investigation, according to Fox News. A criminal profile and victimology report can aid law enforcement determine who of the candidates are the most likely to have played a role in her disappearance.

Criminal profile and victimology report

Lauren Spierer would be considered a high-risk victim in her disappearance case and investigation. This is due to the facts surrounding her disappearance: She was in an intoxicated state according to friends, and so much so that she left behind personal items, including her shoes and cell phone, at a bar she had frequented. In addition, she had a boyfriend, but it was another male friend who she went to her apartment with, and then on to his apartment, allegedly.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Missing IU student Lauren Spierer: Criminal profiling and victimology report - National Criminal Profiles | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/criminal-profiles-in-national/missing-iu-student-lauren-spierer-criminal-profiling-and-victimology-report#ixzz1P1aklEQL

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2011, 11:16:37 PM »

Good article, Grace-L. Thanks.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: June 12, 2011, 12:12:25 AM »

Good article, Grace-L. Thanks.

YW, Port Valerie.  I plan to reread it in order to gain some more insight on criminal profiling.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2011, 02:41:20 AM »

Tim Miller and Equusearch are coming to search for Lauren! 

http://www.wthr.com/story/14888774/missing-coeds-case-getting-national-exposure

Missing Coed's case getting national exposure
Updated: Jun 11, 2011 11:19 PM CDT
By Richard Essex

Bloomington - Police hope national exposure generates new leads in the disappearance of I-U student Lauren Spierer.

The volunteers will be joined by a professional search group from Texas,  Equusearch. They have assisted in more than 12--hundred searches..

"We certainly don't have any promises except that we will bring in the best stuff that we feel will be an asset to the search efforts," said Equusearch founder Tim Miller.

Equusearch is expected to start work Monday morning..
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2011, 08:20:55 AM »

For the record: sunrise in Indianapolis is at 6:16 am today. Would have been a few minutes later nine days ago on June 3.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2011, 09:40:07 AM »

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-specialized-search-team-in-bloomington-to-help-find-lauren-spierer-20110612,0,4153146.story

Specialized search team in Bloomington to help find Lauren Spierer

A lot of manpower and resources have been going towards the search for Lauren Spierer, and now a specialized search team is in Bloomington.

By Ann Keil Fox59

7:41 a.m. EDT, June 12, 2011
Bloomington, Ind—

A lot of manpower and resources have been going towards the search for Lauren Spierer, and now a specialized search team is in Bloomington.

Private search group Texas EquuSearch came at the request of Spierers' parents and authorities involved in the case.

"I think there is a lot of strength in numbers, and there has been a lot of numbers," said Texas EquuSearch founder and director Tim Miller.

The search and rescue group will be bringing some of the most advanced technology available to Bloomington beginning Sunday.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2011, 09:42:42 AM »

http://texasequusearch.org/2011/06/missing-lauren-spierer-20-yrs-bloomington-in-060311/

Missing: Lauren Spierer, 20 Yrs., Bloomington, IN, 06/03/11

Posted on 10. Jun, 2011 by smckinney in Active Cases, Featured Articles, Missing Persons

06/10/11 — Tim Miller, Founder and Director of Texas EquuSearch, will be traveling to Bloomington, IN on Saturday, June 6, 2011 to meet with law enforcement and family members regarding a search for Lauren Spierer.

Note the date error but I'm glad to see he's going. 
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2011, 05:54:30 PM »

http://idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81889

6th press briefing: Persons of interest compliant

By Sarah Brubeck | IDS

POSTED AT 01:41 PM ON Jun. 12, 2011  (UPDATED AT 01:50 PM ON Jun. 12, 2011)
PRINT | Email | Editor | SHARE | COMMENTS (7) | Recommend (6)

Lauren Spierer’s mother Charlene said she wakes up every day and asks herself what do I want to accomplish today.  

“I want to say to the person who has Lauren or has harmed Lauren: Shame on you! In relationship to that, the person who knows this person who’s not coming forward with the information, I beg you to come forward.”

She also spoke to her daughter at Sunday morning’s press conference saying, “Lauren, I love you with all my heart and soul…I am here for you 100 percent. I will never leave you. I love you with all my heart, and I need you back.”

She also told her daughter that she doesn’t want her appearance of despair to mean that she’s not as strong or as determined as ever.

Sunday is the tenth day that 20-year-old IU student Lauren Spierer has been missing. America’s Most Wanted aired Lauren’s case Saturday night.

Although it only lasted a few minutes in the hour-long show, the Bloomington Police Department received between 30 to 40 tips from 9 p.m. when the show aired to 3 a.m. Sunday morning. BPD Capt. Joe Qualters said they expect tips to continue to come in for at least 24 hours after the show aired.

“We are very hopeful we’ll finally get that phone call to find Lauren,” Qualters said.
Qualters also said that every person of interest BPD has interviewed has been compliant, but there are still persons of interest that BPD has not spoken with.

Edit to snip article.  We can only post the link and partial article.  MB

« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 06:02:44 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.