March 28, 2024, 05:20:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597777 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »

A two-page article.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110612/NEWS02/106120426/Spierer-search-continues-Sunday-police-still-haven-t-spoken-some-persons-interest-?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Spierer search continues, police still haven't spoken to some "persons of interest"
Jun 12, 2011

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Police said today that some of the 10 "persons of interest" who interacted with college student Lauren Spierer the morning she disappeared have yet to speak with authorities, despite efforts to contact them.

"There are indications that individuals not available will make themselves available," Capt. Joe Qualters said at a media briefing. "There's nobody at this point that we can prevent from leaving this community. We certainly cannot compel anyone to come in and speak with us."

Qualters, meanwhile, revealed that Jesse Wolff, Spierer's boyfriend, was the one who walked into the police station the afternoon of June 3 and reported her disappearance.

::snipping2::

Several students who saw Rossman in the period after Spierer vanished questioned the "memory loss," saying he had no bruising or redness to his face that would support the claim.

"Supposedly he had that big altercation, but he didn't look like anything happened to him," said senior Chris Malone, who saw Corey the next morning, June 4.

Rossman was outside his apartment, asking Malone if he'd seen Spierer.
"What's up boys?" Malone quoted Rossman as telling him. "Did you happen to see a little blond girl?"

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2011, 08:36:26 PM »

Two-page article

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110612/NEWS02/106120429/Lauren-Spierer-s-roommate-shares-details-night-before-her-disappearance?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Lauren Spierer's roommate shares details of night before her disappearance
Jun 12, 2011
Written by
Shawn Cohen

Hadar Tamir, Lauren Spierer's college roommate, shared new details Sunday about the morning her roommate went missing.

She said she was with her roommate for much of the previous day and remained with her until shortly after midnight the morning of June 3.

They were "just hanging out" in a friend's apartment down the hall at Smallwood Plaza around 12:30 a.m., when Spierer left.
That's shortly before Spierer went to a bar and met fellow student Corey Rossman.

Indianapolis 500. Tamir was also at the auto race, as was Rossman's roommate, Mike Beth, and Jay Rosenbaum, a mutual friend who lives elsewhere in Rossman's building.

Rosenbaum was the one who introduced them, Tamir said.

"I've been good friends with Jay since our freshman year," she said, and added "we always used to be at his apartment last year."
Tamir said she's not certain what Spierer's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, was doing early June 3.

"From what he told me, he was watching the basketball game at his house and was then supposed to come over to hang out with Lauren," Tamir said.

But Spierer left her phone at the bar.

"She could no longer get in contact with (Wolff), so he never came out," Tamir said. "He ended up just sleeping at his house."

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2011, 10:37:36 PM »

Indianapolis Star

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110612/PROMO/110612006/Police-haven-t-questioned-all-persons-interest-Spierer-case?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

Police haven't questioned all the persons of interest
1:42 PM, Jun. 12, 2011

More than a week after Lauren Spierer's disappearance, Bloomington police have yet to interview all of the persons of interest in the case, officials revealed Sunday.

In an often-combative session with the media Sunday afternoon, Police Capt. Joe Qualters suggested some people involved in the case may have left the city before investigators had a chance to question them.

"There's no one we can keep from leaving the community," Qualters said. "No one's under arrest, no one's a suspect. There's no one we can compelling to come in to talk to us."

Qualters refused to say how many people have yet to be interviewed by police or have been asked to submit DNA samples. Police have refused to discuss specific individuals connected to the case or share much of the evidence collected, including video footage of Spierer hours before she disappeared.

No body, no case, no problem, what's all the fuss about?

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2011, 10:46:34 PM »

http://idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81889

6th press briefing: Spierer search continues, persons of interest comply

By Sarah Brubeck | IDS

POSTED AT 01:41 PM ON Jun. 12, 2011  (UPDATED AT 09:21 PM ON Jun. 12, 2011)

America’s Most Wanted aired Lauren’s case Saturday night.Although it only lasted a few minutes in the hour-long show, the Bloomington Police Department received between 30 to 40 tips from 9 p.m. when the show aired to 3 a.m. Sunday morning. BPD Capt. Joe Qualters said they expect tips to continue to come in for at least 24 hours after the show aired.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2011, 10:54:58 PM »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110612/NEWS02/106120429/Lauren-Spierer-s-roommate-shares-details-night-before-her-disappearance?odyssey=nav%7Chead

"Jesse was texting Lauren the next day to see where she was, but he got no answer because the bar had her phone," Tamir said. "After a few texts, the bar texted Jesse back saying your friend left her phone here, tell her to come get it."
Tamir said that's when Wolff contacted her and one of her girlfriends, "asking us if we heard from her."
"We both said we didn't," she said, "and I was in class so he asked me if he could come get my key from me just to check if she was still sleeping in the apartment because it was around 2 p.m. then, and we all sleep late."

Does anyone else find this strange? Why would he need a key? Why not just knock on the door? Why would he want to check if she was sleeping if they all sleep late? Then after not finding her at the apartment his next thought is to go to the police? Sort of jumping the gun in my opinion. It as the early afternoon.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2011, 10:58:59 PM »

From the same news story Grace-land quoted above:

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110612/NEWS02/106120429/Lauren-Spierer-s-roommate-shares-details-night-before-her-disappearance?odyssey=nav|head

Lauren Spierer's roommate shares details of night before her disappearance
Jun 12, 2011

Tamir said that's when Wolff contacted her and one of her girlfriends, "asking us if we heard from her."

"We both said we didn't," she said, "and I was in class so he asked me if he could come get my key from me just to check if she was still sleeping in the apartment because it was around 2 p.m. then, and we all sleep late."

After fetching the key, Wolff went to Smallwood and "got into my apartment," Tamir said.

Spierer wasn't there, "and that's when we all realized she was missing and it became a whole lot more serious," she said.

Police today said Wolff went to the police station to report Spierer missing. However, Tamir said two friends — Sara and Amanda Roude, a student from Chappaqua — went there to fill out a missing person's report.

If the boyfriend Jesse Wolff turns out to be a suspect, I will assume that he went to Lauren's apartment to clean up some loose ends such as evidence of his anger, jealousy, and control issues.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: June 12, 2011, 10:59:54 PM »

Also, he was alone in Laurens apartment when he needed the key to go check on her because supposedly, knocking on the door would not work? hmmmm something is not sounding right. To me it sounds like he wanted to get in there, not that he wanted to check on her, for that he would not need a key.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: June 12, 2011, 11:04:20 PM »

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surveillance-video-fixes-time-when-lauren-spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

Missing student's keys found
Surveillance video fixes time when Lauren Spierer last spotted
Russ McQuaid
 Fox59
 9:04 p.m. EDT, June 12, 2011

Bloomington—
Bloomington Police confirmed information first reported by Fox59 News last week about evidence discovered in the investigation of the disappearance of an IU coed.

Captain Joseph Qualters told reporters that Lauren Spierer's keys were found on the railing of an apartment building near where she was last spotted early on the morning of June 3rd and surveillance cameras may provide important clues as to the young woman's disappearance.

"We have information from that video that again gives us an indication not only of the direction (of her travel) but the activities that have taken place from where that video shows," said Qualters who told reporters that surveillance cameras in the vicinity of 10th Street and College Avenue and adjoining alleys may show Spierer walking from her Smallwood Plaza apartment building to 5 North Townhomes at 11th Street and Morton Avenue.

"I believe that was in the area of 3:15, 3:30," said Qualters. "That would be somewhere north of 10th Street."

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: June 12, 2011, 11:05:20 PM »

I don't suppose the apartment has been sealed since then or searched in any meaningful way? Just beer and pizza as usual with all the other students dropping in as they please?
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2011, 11:15:23 PM »

Did Jesse also pick up the phone at the restaurant, before or after he got into the apartment? If so, he probably erased some of the angry text messages he sent the night before. Ditto for cleaning up emails and so forth on her computer inside the apartment. I hope the BPD thinks about retrieving those messages from the phone and internet providers ... but BPD is not looking real sharp right now.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2011, 11:17:22 PM »

Couldn't agree with the both of you Port Valerie and Tracygirl more!  He could have found letters, taken a laptop or worse...removed the hard drive from anything!  I'd leave class to go check on my friend if I could or the minute it was over or send security or another girl, not this BF!
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2011, 11:21:47 PM »

OT Port Val, please don't say your location but are you in the panhandle? 
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2011, 11:29:54 PM »

OT Port Val, please don't say your location but are you in the panhandle? 

No, on the Atlantic side. You?
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2011, 11:52:09 PM »

Gulf, I'm between two bases one AF and one Navy that will narrow it quickly!!!!  The redneck area!  lol lol
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2011, 01:19:09 AM »

I thought her keys were found in an allyway? Isn't that what we heard? I am getting the feeling certain details have been mixed up by the press trying to get information out without checking first.

I have to believe her BF looks as obvious to the police as it appears to us.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2011, 01:31:31 AM »

Interesting analysis of the statements made by Lauren's friend and roommate.

http://www.examiner.com/criminal-profiles-in-national/what-lauren-spierer-s-friend-and-roommate-is-telling-us

What Lauren Spierer’s friend and roommate is telling us
June 12, 2011 8:47 pm ET
Radell Smith
Criminal Profiles Examiner

Profilers have to listen very carefully to what a witness does and does not say, and missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer’s friend Hadar Tamir is giving us a lot of clues about the day Lauren went missing and the events that followed, according to The Journal news.

Lauren Spierer's roommate Hadar is now sharing information about the period leading up to – and immediately following – her roommate Lauren’s disappearance that could literally break the case, if the right questions are asked of her and others.

Victimization profile

The best way for police to get to the bottom of Lauren Spierer’s disappearance lies in conversations with those who were closest to her and knew her habits and personality best – as well as those who are also close to the investigation.

Understanding how Lauren would have responded to situations that occurred – sober or under the influence – and what would have been out of character for her is critical for investigators to anticipate what might have happened to her that night, and to tell if what they are told by witnesses is plausible or not. In another missing college girl case, Jenni-Lyn Watson, it was the enterprising work of Jenni-Lyn's boyfriend's friends that led to his arrest in her disappearance and murder. Lauren Spierer's friends -- and the associates and friends of all involved -- undoubtedly can help in the successful resolution of her case as well.

Continue reading on Examiner.com What Lauren Spierer’s friend and roommate is telling us - National Criminal Profiles | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/criminal-profiles-in-national/what-lauren-spierer-s-friend-and-roommate-is-telling-us#ixzz1P89PSCC6

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2011, 01:45:28 AM »

I thought her keys were found in an allyway? Isn't that what we heard? I am getting the feeling certain details have been mixed up by the press trying to get information out without checking first.

Yes, they have to have an eye on him. Looks like the family does: the boyfriend is not standing with the parents in any of their interviews.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2011, 01:45:45 AM »

Information is coming from different people and media; official news from the police might be the most accurate.  The police said that "the keys were found on the railing of an apartment building where she was last spotted..."  I guess that some of the information is coming out before the police hold their press conference?

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2011, 02:07:57 AM »

Perhaps the railing is near the ally or leading to the ally or outlining the ally? I suppose both reports can be correct?

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: June 13, 2011, 02:13:28 AM »

Perhaps the railing is near the ally or leading to the ally or outlining the ally? I suppose both reports can be correct?

Both reports could be correct if the keys were dropped in an alley or along the street and some neighborly person found them and put them on the railing where the owner could come back and see them. That would be conventional in a college town, I think. The report doesn't say whether this is a ground level railing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.