March 19, 2024, 03:39:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597485 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #320 on: June 17, 2011, 03:11:02 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/find.lauren\

There are some still shots of Lauren on this page from video. Pics can not be brought over here right now but it shows exactly what she was wearing and it appears she is holding a jacket. Apologies, if this was posted already.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: June 17, 2011, 03:33:13 PM »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110617/NEWS02/106170344/Lauren-Spierer-search-No-break-2-week-mark-mom-urges-friends-step-up?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Lauren Spierer search: No break at 2-week mark; mom urges friends to step up
10:49 AM, Jun. 17, 2011
Written by
Shawn Cohen and Jonathan Bandler

UPDATE:
With the investigation into college student Lauren Spierer’s disappearance two weeks old, police said today they’ve received more than 1,000 tips, including hundreds related to a mystery white truck, but still no big break in the case.

“The bottom line is at this point we still have a missing person, and our effort to try to find Lauren will not stop,”  Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters said during today’s news conference.

EARLIER STORY:
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — The mother of missing college student Lauren Spierer suggested Thursday that her friends might be withholding information that could help locate her daughter.
"I'm addressing the people that know the answer to where Lauren is," Charlene Spierer said during a news conference.
"This is our dear daughter, Lauren, OK?" she said. "I'm begging you. What would you want your friends to do with you? If this was a friend of Lauren's and Lauren had information that would help us find her friend, she would have been there yesterday. ... Please come forward and help us."

::snipping2::
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #322 on: June 17, 2011, 03:42:05 PM »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110617/NEWS02/106170344/Lauren-Spierer-search-No-break-2-week-mark-mom-urges-friends-step-up?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Lauren Spierer search: No break at 2-week mark; mom urges friends to step up
10:49 AM, Jun. 17, 2011
Written by
Shawn Cohen and Jonathan Bandler

UPDATE:
With the investigation into college student Lauren Spierer’s disappearance two weeks old, police said today they’ve received more than 1,000 tips, including hundreds related to a mystery white truck, but still no big break in the case.

“The bottom line is at this point we still have a missing person, and our effort to try to find Lauren will not stop,”  Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters said during today’s news conference.

EARLIER STORY:
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — The mother of missing college student Lauren Spierer suggested Thursday that her friends might be withholding information that could help locate her daughter.
"I'm addressing the people that know the answer to where Lauren is," Charlene Spierer said during a news conference.
"This is our dear daughter, Lauren, OK?" she said. "I'm begging you. What would you want your friends to do with you? If this was a friend of Lauren's and Lauren had information that would help us find her friend, she would have been there yesterday. ... Please come forward and help us."

Sooooo heartbreaking, I don't even know what to say but that my heart and prayers go out them..... an angelic monkey

Thanks so much for all of the updates too monkeys

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #323 on: June 17, 2011, 04:29:15 PM »

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110616/LOCAL/106160396/150-professional-searchers-on-hunt-for-missing-IU-student-Lauren-Spierer?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CLOCAL

Police release timeline for IU student Lauren Spierer
11:54 AM, Jun. 16, 2011

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Police investigating the disappearance of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer today released a timeline that is their best estimation of her last known movements.

The timeline tracks Spierer from a sports bar to her apartment complex, through an alley and back onto College Avenue, one of Bloomington’s main thoroughfares.

Much of the early morning of June 3, her movements were caught on surveillance video and are documented down to the minute. The timeline thins out considerably after 2:51 a.m., when police say they have only witness accounts of her movements -- including the last sight of her at 4:30 a.m.

Here’s the timeline:
1:46 a.m. — Enters Kilroy’s Sports Bar.
2:27 a.m. — Exits Kilroy’s
2:48 a.m. — Enters a North/South alley between 10th and College Apartments and 10th and College Village.
2:51 a.m. — Exits the alley, heading toward an empty lot north of 10th & College Village Apartments.
4:30 a.m. — Last seen at 11th and College Ave.

Meanwhile, Capt. Joe Qualters told reporters at daily briefing today that about 150 people on loan from law enforcement agencies and others with searching experience are at work in the Bloomington area.

These searchers swept a quarter-mile and half-mile radiuses around the Bloomington apartment complex where Spierer was last seen after a night of partying with friends.

America's Most Wanted television show will air a new segment about the case Saturday night, Qualters said.

Just wanted to mention that America's Most Wanted is preparing for their last show airing. I am heart broken that FOX is cancelling the show. They pulled this back in the 90's (been a faithful watcher since the 80's) and miraculously it came back. It baffles me what FOX could be thinking.....Anyway, just wanted to mention that for those who may not know.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: June 17, 2011, 04:38:05 PM »

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomington/wxin-lauren-spierer-bag-of-clothes-found-at-missing-iu-students-apartment-building-20110617,0,6652144.story

Bag of clothes found at missing IU student's apartment building
Officers came out the Smallwood Plaza Apartments and removed a bag of clothes. The bag was found behind a dumpster on the 6th floor of the apartment building.

By Marisela Burgos

Fox59

3:06 p.m. EDT, June 17, 2011
Bloomington, Ind.—
Friday morning, police were called to the Smallwood Plaza, the apartment building of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer. Officers came out the Smallwood Plaza Apartments and removed a bag of clothes. The bag was found behind a dumpster on the 6th floor of the apartment building.

It's unclear if the bag has anything to do with the case. It was first found by a courtesy officer while he made rounds that morning. Reps for Smallwood Plaza said the items could not have been there the day before. Though people are currently moving into the building, reps added the bag was suspicious because it was tucked away.

"Given the circumstances we're dealing with right now, we thought it was absolutely prudent thing for us to do, to call police the be safe and sure," said a spokesperson for Smallwood.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #325 on: June 17, 2011, 10:34:54 PM »

Yes Val, I really believe Wolff was out looking for her that night, it is possible he was sooooo pizzed at her for being around the other guy and then going to his apt whether anything happened or not, found her and dragged her into a vehicle.  Things went further than he wanted and he had to get rid of her.  MOO! 
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #326 on: June 17, 2011, 10:42:25 PM »

To be fair, my scenario above could have been anyone driving around and found a tiny, pretty coed out way past her time, alone and maybe had the fubar look/walk.
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #327 on: June 18, 2011, 09:14:54 AM »

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomington/wxin-lauren-spierer-bag-of-clothes-found-at-missing-iu-students-apartment-building-20110617,0,6652144.story

Bag of clothes found at missing IU student's apartment building
Officers came out the Smallwood Plaza Apartments and removed a bag of clothes. The bag was found behind a dumpster on the 6th floor of the apartment building.

By Marisela Burgos

Fox59

3:06 p.m. EDT, June 17, 2011
Bloomington, Ind.—
Friday morning, police were called to the Smallwood Plaza, the apartment building of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer. Officers came out the Smallwood Plaza Apartments and removed a bag of clothes. The bag was found behind a dumpster on the 6th floor of the apartment building.

It's unclear if the bag has anything to do with the case. It was first found by a courtesy officer while he made rounds that morning. Reps for Smallwood Plaza said the items could not have been there the day before. Though people are currently moving into the building, reps added the bag was suspicious because it was tucked away.

"Given the circumstances we're dealing with right now, we thought it was absolutely prudent thing for us to do, to call police the be safe and sure," said a spokesperson for Smallwood.

Sounds thin, this is getting more ridiculous. My heart aches for the family.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: June 18, 2011, 04:17:53 PM »

So little information from the police. Who made cell phone calls to whom that night and at what times? Where was Jesse Wolff that night? What did Jesse Wolff do or take when he entered Lauren's apartment that Friday afternoon? What are the names of the boys whom Lauren and Corey encountered at Smallwood that night? The police have video of that encounter - so why haven't they shown it?

I'm starting to think the Indiana police do not really want a criminal case involving a whole lot of New Yorkers and their lawyers. They might be justified in this position: better for them to get ahead of the drug trade in Bloomington than to mop up after overdoses. In the same way, Aruba would never have been in the spotlight if the Natalee Holloway case had been an American-on-American problem.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: June 18, 2011, 07:41:46 PM »

With video

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-lauren-spierer-friday-marks-two-week-anniversary-of-missing-iu-student-lauren-speirers-disappearance-20110617,0,4164052.story

Friday marks two week anniversary of Lauren Speirer's disappearance
Bloomington police have received more than 1,000 tips but still don't have any hard evidence that has lead them to Lauren Spierer two weeks after the investigation began.
By Ann Keil
Fox59
10:49 p.m. EDT, June 17, 2011

Bloomington, Ind.— Bloomington police have received more than 1,000 tips but still don’t have any hard evidence that has lead them to Lauren Spierer two weeks after the investigation began.

Fox59 News took a closer look at the entire investigation Friday, beginning with day one.

Lauren's father made an emotional plea during Friday's news conference.

"We all know this Sunday is Father's Day. I would ask any of the children out there to let your parents know, please let your parents know how much you love them. Parents, let your children know how much you love them," Robert Spierer said.

"The greatest gift Robby could get is to find Lauren," Charlene Spierer said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: June 18, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/criminal-profiles-in-national/lauren-spierer-profiling-the-case-on-two-week-anniversary-of-disappearance

Lauren Spierer: Profiling the case on two-week anniversary of disappearance
June 18, 2011 6:50 am ET
Radell Smith
Criminal Profiles Examiner

Bloomington, Ind. - Lauren Spierer, the Indiana University student who went missing in Bloomington, near her Smallwood Plaza residence two weeks ago today, at 4:30'ish a.m., remains a missing person case. But new evidence has been potentially uncovered, which prompts a fresh profile of the case.

Lauren's case will receive a second mention on "America's Most Wanted" on Fox this Saturday, June 18 at 9 p.m.

Criminal profile victimology

Timeline

Unverifiable reports

Verifiable information

Suggested investigative direction

Continue reading on Examiner.com Lauren Spierer: Profiling the case on two-week anniversary of disappearance - National Criminal Profiles | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/criminal-profiles-in-national/lauren-spierer-profiling-the-case-on-two-week-anniversary-of-disappearance#ixzz1PftCs14Y
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: June 18, 2011, 09:42:16 PM »

The report on Lauran was toooooo short--within a minute! 

They reported on Lauren's case again, because callers flooded the hot line after last week's show.  The callers mentioned the white truck.  It was shown and described.  "Police need your help in finding the truck; or, if you know anything about the disappearance of Lauren, call the hot line.  You can stay anonymous."

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #332 on: June 19, 2011, 12:08:08 AM »

Laurens poor dad, I pray someone will come forward. They need to know the first one to admit whatever happened, will get the best deal. Someday it will be discovered what happened, they will not be able to hide from it forever.

I have looked at the pic of lauren walking down the hall. To me it seems she had a said something to the man in the pic whos legs we see walking away from her. I wonder who that was and what they said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2011, 01:29:32 PM »

Laurens poor dad, I pray someone will come forward. They need to know the first one to admit whatever happened, will get the best deal. Someday it will be discovered what happened, they will not be able to hide from it forever.

I have looked at the pic of lauren walking down the hall. To me it seems she had a said something to the man in the pic whos legs we see walking away from her. I wonder who that was and what they said.

Yes, Tracygirl, her father looked heart broken.   Her friends will be forever haunted by the memories of such a wonderful, fun-loving friend--Lauren; the first one to come forward will get the best deal. 

I'm not surprised that she spoke with the person, even if briefly, she is a friendly and outgoing person.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: June 19, 2011, 01:44:01 PM »

A 4-page article.

Family video of Spierer sisters: Lauren Spierer, right, and her sister Rebecca speak about a volunteer project they worked on in this undated video provided by the Spierer family.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110619/NEWS02/106190365/Closest-friends-school-between-searches-reflect-missing-college-student?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CNews

Lauren Spierer search: Closest friends at school reflect on missing college student
11:59 PM, Jun. 18, 2011
Written by
Shawn Cohen

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — When Lauren Spierer arrived at college, the popular freshman already had a network of friends.

Spierer, two of her three Indiana University roommates, her boyfriend and several other friends all went to the same group of Jewish, co-ed sleepaway camps in Wayne County, in northeast Pennsylvania. Spierer, a student from Greenburgh, has now been missing for two weeks.

At Camp Towanda, the petite fashionista had a summer romance with Jesse Wolff, a slightly older kid from Long Island who would become her college boyfriend. There, she also met Blair Wallach, who became her freshman roommate.

Meanwhile, she played inter-camp soccer and lacrosse against Amanda Roude, a Chappaqua girl at Indian Head Camp who became a close friend, and Hadar Tamir, a Long Island girl at Camp Chenawanda who moved in with Spierer and Wallach during their sophomore year.

By the time many of them arrived as Indiana freshmen in September 2009, they'd already met or were preparing to meet via Internet social networking sites.

"We pretty much had our group of friends made out before we came here," said Tamir.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: June 19, 2011, 07:17:50 PM »

With video

http://www.wthr.com/story/14936067/state-police-ert-aid-in-spierer-search

Spierer search moves north near Martinsville
Updated: Jun 19, 2011 5:49 PM CDT

BLOOMINGTON - The search for missing IU student Lauren Spierer continued Sunday despite a stormy start.

Officers from Indiana State Police, Bloomington Police and a number of sheriff's departments have been searching an area around State Road 37 south of Martinsville since early Sunday morning. Police came to the area acting on a tip from someone who had been in the area.

Bloomington Police have an evidence technician on the scene. Eyewitness News reporter Richard Essex says police have been digging in an area near SR 37.

Members of the Indiana State Police Emergency Response Team were also among those searching Sunday. Crews have been combing the area with police dogs, four-wheel vehicles and helicopters most of the day.

The fact that the search was continuing on Father's Day was not lost on the troopers and others who volunteered to help look for Spierer.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: June 19, 2011, 07:57:50 PM »

Update from wthr

http://www.wthr.com/story/14936067/state-police-ert-aid-in-spierer-search

Spierer search moves north near Martinsville
Updated: Jun 19, 2011 6:28 PM CDT

BLOOMINGTON - The search for missing IU student Lauren Spierer continued Sunday despite a stormy start.

Officers from Indiana State Police, Bloomington Police and a number of sheriff's departments have been searching an area around State Road 37 south of Martinsville since early Sunday morning. Police came to the area acting on a tip, reportedly from children who were riding ATVs in the area.

Bloomington Police have an evidence technician on the scene. Eyewitness News reporter Richard Essex says police have been digging in an area near SR 37.

Police stopped their search around 7 p.m. Sunday. Bloomington Police have yet to comment on what they learned from the search effort.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: June 19, 2011, 10:15:20 PM »

http://idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81958
POSTED AT 06:34 PM ON Jun. 19, 2011  (UPDATED AT 09:48 PM ON Jun. 19, 2011)

Police follow tip about missing student, search wooded area near Martinsville, nothing found

At about 3 p.m., the BPD received a phone call on a tip line that said there was a suspicious odor in the area, BPD Capt. Joe Qualters said.

“We went up into the area that was described. We also checked by air the whole area up there, and while checking apparently someone found what appeared to be a fresh mound of dirt described as two feet by four feet,” he said. “They then began checking around underneath that ground and found absolutely nothing.”

Qualters repeated that absolutely nothing was found in relation to Lauren Spierer’s disappearance.

“I think the conclusion is perhaps it might be related to some kind of utility work in that area,” Qualters said.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: June 20, 2011, 11:50:55 AM »

Current press conference. Tweets from Indiana Daily Student. PV- here is the link to IDS twitter.  We need to link back.  This one can be used for all IDS tweets, since there are no individual tweet links.  Thank you for the updates. http://twitter.com/#!/idsnews

dsnews IDS
Qualters: The white truck has been eliminated from consideration on the case

Qualters: Hundreds of tips have come in on the truck. The business owning the truck has been identified, but will not be released

Qualters: The truck was out that night on its way to pick up an employee

Qualters: Times were off on the security video footage

Qualters: A bag of clothing reportedly found on Friday bears no significance to this case

Qualters: The search south of Martinsville yesterday began with a phone call about a suspicious odor

Qualters: A suspicious mound of fresh dirt was found at the scene. Nothing was found underneath the dirt - may be related to utility work

Qualters: Media meetings will be Wed/Fri at 11:30am

Qualters: If there is breaking news the media will be promptly notified with a press conference or press release

I would like to thank the media for their cooperation. I know there were stringent guidelines and aspects we would not discuss

Qualters: I hope that cooperation continues as we continue on with the case

Qualters is now taking questions

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:30:43 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #339 on: June 20, 2011, 12:00:28 PM »

Press conference continuing:  Edit to add link: http://twitter.com/#!/idsnews

Qualters: We are not at the point to give more consideration to one statement than the other.

Qualters: All interviews are being considered at this point.

Question: Are you concerned about losing man power in the search parties?

Qualters: Not at all. This weekend is a testament to that. People who have chosen to join us in the search effort speaks volumes

Question: What is your frustration?

Qualters: We will not be satisfied until we are in a position to find out what happened to Lauren

Mr. Spierer takes to the podium

Robert: Thank you to everyone behind the scenes on this effort

Robert: Thank you to the press.

Robert: The questions have been respectful and we are appreciative of that

Robert: The Smallwood location is now closed. Everything will be run from the McNutt Dormitory

Robert: We have been asked to ask you if anyone has an opportunity to help, then to please go to McNutt and help in the search

Robert: It takes a lot of people and power to search all that ground

Robert: Asks landowners for cooperation with the search

Robert: Please remember to safely search. There is equipment and food there to help

Charlene is speaking

Charlene: To the person who has the info that will lead us to Lauren

We are all at a crossroads in our life. I am begging and pleading to you to take the high road and be that person who will help us find her

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:31:39 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.