March 28, 2024, 02:29:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597826 times)
onereddoxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #360 on: June 23, 2011, 01:21:39 AM »

This case sooo reminds me of Brittanee Drexel!!  She was walking home alone and disappeared into thin air like Brittanee.  The friends aren't talking and going on with life, just like in Brittanee's disappearance.  This is crazy. 

It does sounds to me like her boyfriend went home first....although it is still up in the air for me if he had anything to do with it.  I don't buy it about the accidental overdose possibility.  Lauren knew she had a heart condition, so I do not think she would intentionally put herself at risk with that.  I just wonder about her being in an apartment with all guys on a night when she was drinking.

Thoughts?

Hope Lauren is found soon!

"No one can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog."
Gene Hill
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #361 on: June 23, 2011, 01:45:02 AM »

This case sooo reminds me of Brittanee Drexel!!  She was walking home alone and disappeared into thin air like Brittanee.  The friends aren't talking and going on with life, just like in Brittanee's disappearance.  This is crazy. 

It does sounds to me like her boyfriend went home first....although it is still up in the air for me if he had anything to do with it.  I don't buy it about the accidental overdose possibility.  Lauren knew she had a heart condition, so I do not think she would intentionally put herself at risk with that.  I just wonder about her being in an apartment with all guys on a night when she was drinking.

Thoughts?

Hope Lauren is found soon!

Hi!  We don't have enough information to conclude one way or another as to what happened to Lauren; the le is still gathering information from interviews to put the puzzle together.  The quys were not strangers; so she probably felt comfortable around them and trusted them.  Hopefully, enough information is gathered to solve this case--and Lauren is found.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: June 23, 2011, 08:54:55 AM »

Wolff has an off campus rental home?  Hows about they search near there...and to the last place she was seen all the way to his home?  Too hinky he went home first!  All IMO!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #363 on: June 23, 2011, 03:49:31 PM »

Wolff has an off campus rental home?  Hows about they search near there...and to the last place she was seen all the way to his home?  Too hinky he went home first!  All IMO!

It is strange to me too. There must be something that points to him or his alibi is not holding up because he has a lawyer and has not spoken to police. Why is he being resistant to at least speaking with them? Since he lived in that area he must know the area pretty good, why is he not out looking for his girlfriend? As far as I know there has been volunteer searches, right? Well why is he in NY and not helping? He maybe perfectly innocent but man is he making himself look bad.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: June 23, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »

An update of people involved in the case.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/search-for-spierer%3A-whos-who

Search for Spierer: Who's who
Updated: Thursday, 23 Jun 2011, 10:44 AM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011, 10:39 PM EDT

Lauren Spierer's mom on Wednesday called out her daughter's friends, wanting to know why they're not coming forward on their own to talk to police.

Police say they've interviewed the friends. But Spierer's parents seem to think the friends have more information they can share.

24-Hour News 8's Jay Hermacinski takes a closer look at some of the people at the heart of the matter - Lauren's boyfriend, the student who says he saw her last, and the student who says he doesn't remember a thing.

Here's a look at some of the people involved in the case:

::snipping2::
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #365 on: June 23, 2011, 07:31:03 PM »

Daughter from Chicago just called.  They just announced finding the IU girl's body in a Chicago garage.   
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #366 on: June 23, 2011, 07:31:04 PM »

Thanks for the Smallwood article, Grace-land. Draws quite a picture of life in that building. Elsewhere I read that Smallwood has a list of people banned from the premises for various reasons, including creating disturbances. Corey Rossman is one of those banned.

Rossman has my hinky meter way up!! (JMHO) For someone who was hit so hard that he has no memory of the "night before" but yet he has no visible marks on his face? He sounds cocky and imo, untruthful in the video on Channel 8. All jmo......but it isn't smelling kosher with him. Any one else have an opinion of Rossman from the video?
Where is this beautiful girl?

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #367 on: June 23, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »

Daughter from Chicago just called.  They just announced finding the IU girl's body in a Chicago garage.   
OMG! Was it on a Chicago news station?

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #368 on: June 23, 2011, 07:40:09 PM »

Yes...but I just checked and there was an Indiana woman's body found...but a different one....I have a call out to make sure it's really another body.  My daughter went to IU.  Daughter just called....now she doesn't know.  She just heard Indiana.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #369 on: June 23, 2011, 07:41:21 PM »

I just found this but it looks to be someone else.

Body found in garage identified as Indiana woman

By William Lee and Jae Miller

5:09 p.m. CDT, June 23, 2011

A body found in a plastic storage bin, wrapped in duct tape and in a red cloth sack, has been identified as a 26-year-old woman who recently moved to Indiana from the Far South Side, police say.

An autopsy has found that Cynthia Funches from Highland, Ind. was beaten to death, according to police and the Cook County medical examiner's office.

Highland police were called to Funches' home at about 8 p.m. Wednesday by her relatives to conduct a well-being check. When they arrived, police found evidence that she was was in danger, said Highland Police Cmdr. George Georgeff.
http://www.wgntv.com/news/local/breaking/chibrknews-womans-body-found-in-bin-in-far-south-side-garage-20110622,0,2415674.story?track=rss

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #370 on: June 23, 2011, 07:42:35 PM »

Yes...but I just checked and there was an Indiana woman's body found...but a different one....I have a call out to make sure it's really another body.  My daughter went to IU.  Daughter just called....now she doesn't know.  She just heard Indiana.
oops we were posting at the same time

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #371 on: June 23, 2011, 07:43:32 PM »

Sorry, everyone:

The body found bound and beaten to death inside a plastic container in Chicago’s Roseland community has been identified as a missing northwest Indiana woman.

The remains were discovered about 4:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 10000 block of South Normal Avenue, police officer Darryl Baety said.

The victim, tentatively identified as Cynthia Funches, 26, of Highland, Ind., died of multiple blunt force injuries from an assault, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/news/6130278-418/body-found-in-roseland-is-missing-indiana-woman.html
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #372 on: June 23, 2011, 07:44:20 PM »

LOL....cartfly
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: June 23, 2011, 10:20:57 PM »

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/gallery/Search-Continues-for-IU-Student-123189648.html

Massive Search for Missing IU Student Lauren Spierer Planned for Saturday
By INC News Staff
June 23, 2011

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) – Bloomington Police are organizing a massive search this weekend for missing IU student Lauren Spierer.

The 20-year-old New York native disappeared June third and detectives are asking for volunteers for Saturday's search.

Aditionaly, police are still sifting through thousands of tips in the case and conducting searches with volunteers.

Reports say remote aerial drones are also being used in the search.

Spierer's parents refuse to give up, Lauren's mother said she has two things she wants to accomplish.

"My first thing is to say to the person that has Lauren or that has harmed Lauren: Shame on you. Shame on you. In relationship to that, the person that knows this person that's not coming forward with this information, I beg you to come forward," Charlene Spierer says.

The second thing she wanted to accomplish is to tell Lauren she loves her with all her heart and soul.

In the meantime, investigators have wrapped up their search of Lake Monroe after receiving a tip that Spierer could possibly be located there.

"Anything small could be big so speak up and contact the Bloomington Police Hotline with any information you have regarding Lauren," said Lauren Spierer's Father Robert Spierer.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: June 24, 2011, 10:42:42 AM »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110624/NEWS02/106240333/Lauren-Spierer-search-Friends-may-close-ranks-protect-others-experts-say?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CNews

Lauren Spierer search: Friends may close ranks to 'protect' others, experts say
11:53 PM, Jun. 23, 2011
Written by
Andrew Klappholz

Three weeks after Edgemont's Lauren Spierer went missing from Indiana University, the lack of information from the sophomore's college friends has been frustrating her family and stalling local police.

Five of those who've been involved in the investigation — Jesse Wolff, Lauren's boyfriend; and friends Corey Rossman, Mike Beth, Jay Rosenbaum and David Rohn, who all saw her during the last few hours before she disappeared — have retained lawyers.
But the closing of the ranks among these young men and women might be more than just simply following legal advice.

Experts say there's a psychological condition that often kicks in during these types of crises, which prevent people — typically those of college or high- school age — from doing the right thing.

"My guess is a lot of those kids are a bit confused and afraid at this point," said Jeff Cohen, program director of the Mercy College School of Social and Behavioral Sciences in Dobbs Ferry.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: June 24, 2011, 12:36:07 PM »

Corey is in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdP5zOwFdsg&feature=player_embedded

YouTube video: "Friends provide little help in search for Lauren Spierer"

Uploaded by wish on Jun 23, 2011

Three students connected to missing IU student Lauren Spierer struggle to provide useful information in the ongoing search.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #376 on: June 24, 2011, 12:38:31 PM »

Sorry, everyone:

The body found bound and beaten to death inside a plastic container in Chicago’s Roseland community has been identified as a missing northwest Indiana woman.

The remains were discovered about 4:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 10000 block of South Normal Avenue, police officer Darryl Baety said.

The victim, tentatively identified as Cynthia Funches, 26, of Highland, Ind., died of multiple blunt force injuries from an assault, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/news/6130278-418/body-found-in-roseland-is-missing-indiana-woman.html
OT: No apology needed Buckeye an angelic monkey After looking around, the media at first said it was someone in their "late teens", then said the victim was "26 yrs old" and then another media source said "36 years old"......So I would bet what your dear daughter heard was from one of these media sources that was reporting. Rest in peace Cynthia an angelic monkey

About Holly, why does it seem like these "witnesses" are calling all the shots? Why isn't LE demanding that all of the witnesses (the ones who haven't been interviewed) line up with their "hired attorneys" and answer questions from LE. I am not very familiar with how this kind of thing works but three weeks ago Lauren goes missing and LE hasn't interviewed all of the witnesses? That is ridiculous! Lauren's parents have every right to be frustrated.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: June 24, 2011, 12:58:21 PM »

IIRC, the le has interviewed all the people that had contact with Lauren that evening; they have interviewed the "second tier" people--except one or two.  It seems that her "friends" are giving limited information.  Why?  Maybe out of loyalty, covering something about themselves, etc?  The le said this morning at the press conference that the most difficult and challenging cases are for missing persons.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: June 24, 2011, 01:16:14 PM »

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28347080/detail.html

Spierer's Parents: We Can't Deal With Not Knowing
Saturday Deemed 'Find Lauren Day'

POSTED: 12:40 pm EDT June 24, 2011
UPDATED: 12:46 pm EDT June 24, 2011

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Three weeks into the search for Indiana University student Lauren Spierer, her parents pleaded Friday for someone to do the right thing so they can find their daughter and go home.

In what Bloomington police said would be their final scheduled news conference in the case, Capt. Joe Qualters stressed that investigators would not cease until they find the 20-year-old sophomore.

"We are not finished. Not only will the search efforts continue, but efforts to find out what happened to Lauren and how she disappeared, will continue. We're not going to stop," he said.

Spierer's parents, Robert and Charlene, made an emotional plea for any information about their daughter's whereabouts.

"Perhaps it was a terrible accident that happened. We can deal with that. We can deal with whatever happened," Spierer's mother said. "What we can't deal with is not knowing what happened."

The couple, who is from New York, said they will stay in Bloomington as long as it takes, but want to take their family home.

"We just need our daughter. We just need somebody to stand up and do the right thing," Charlene Spierer said.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #379 on: June 24, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110624/NEWS02/106240333/Lauren-Spierer-search-Friends-may-close-ranks-protect-others-experts-say?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CNews

Lauren Spierer search: Friends may close ranks to 'protect' others, experts say
11:53 PM, Jun. 23, 2011
Written by
Andrew Klappholz

Three weeks after Edgemont's Lauren Spierer went missing from Indiana University, the lack of information from the sophomore's college friends has been frustrating her family and stalling local police.

Five of those who've been involved in the investigation — Jesse Wolff, Lauren's boyfriend; and friends Corey Rossman, Mike Beth, Jay Rosenbaum and David Rohn, who all saw her during the last few hours before she disappeared — have retained lawyers.
But the closing of the ranks among these young men and women might be more than just simply following legal advice.

Experts say there's a psychological condition that often kicks in during these types of crises, which prevent people — typically those of college or high- school age — from doing the right thing.

"My guess is a lot of those kids are a bit confused and afraid at this point," said Jeff Cohen, program director of the Mercy College School of Social and Behavioral Sciences in Dobbs Ferry.

Thanks for this article, Grace-land. I hope it will be more difficult for the five to "close ranks" now that they are all at home in separate places. They can't even be certain that all will return to IU to regroup; I think some parents will want their student to transfer to a different college now.

In short, if this group stays together in "close ranks" it will have to be via phone, email, and internet. I wonder if le has acquired the judicial permission to track these communications. Now that would be interesting!

Natalee Holloway's Mountainbrook high school group pretty much closed ranks during the first summer. But they were younger; they were not suspected of involvement; and they were all in the same small community.

Lauren's group should crack once people are separated and begin to get paranoid about what the others might be saying.

Again, I hope le is tapping phones.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.