March 28, 2024, 11:17:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597805 times)
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: June 27, 2011, 04:31:11 PM »

Last person to see missing student alive won't talk

By JEANE MacINTOSH
Last Updated: 6:05 AM, June 27, 2011
Posted: 1:05 AM, June 27, 2011

His silence is deafening.

More than three weeks after Westchester college student Lauren Spierer vanished during a night out partying at Indiana University, Jason "Jay" Rosenbaum -- the last person to admit having seen her alive -- has ignored her parents' pleas for information that could lead them to their daughter, family friends told The Post.

"He is one of the people we wish would be more forthcoming," said a person involved in the ongoing search for the pretty, petite 20-year-old in Bloomington, Ind.

Instead, Rosenbaum, 21, has hired a high-profile criminal defense lawyer, left his Bloomington condo and, sources said, clammed up. His Indiana lawyer, James Voyles, didn't return calls.

::snipping2::

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/mom_vs_mum_ugY7m4oec8dcMheGbA0PYI#ixzz1QTEv3Urz

Wow. A high-profile criminal defense lawyer. Reminds me of an old joke: "I didn't think he was guilty until Alan Dershowitz showed up."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: June 27, 2011, 04:47:26 PM »

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28372732/detail.html

Last To See Spierer Denies He's Not Cooperating
Report: Man Not Talking To Police, Left Bloomington

POSTED: 4:01 pm EDT June 27, 2011
UPDATED: 4:21 pm EDT June 27, 2011

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- The last person to see missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer more than three weeks ago is denying reports he isn't cooperating with police.

Jason "Jay" Rosenbaum, 21, who Bloomington police have called a person of interest in the case, is the last person to admit to seeing Spierer early on June 3 as she walked back to her Bloomington apartment.

The New York Post on Monday quoted Spierer family friends as saying Rosenbaum is "one of the people we wish would be more forthcoming."

The newspaper also reported Rosenbaum had left his Bloomington condo at the height of the region-wide search for Spierer.

In a response released Monday afternoon, James Voyles, the high-profile Indianapolis defense attorney representing Rosenbaum, said his client has fully cooperated with the investigation.

"He has provided full statements to the police and passed a polygraph that has also been provided to the authorities," the statement read. "Mr. Rosenbaum hopes for nothing less than Lauren to be found and to be safe."

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #402 on: June 27, 2011, 06:08:50 PM »

Quick look-up of James Voyles -- note that it is four years old. Tawdry stuff mentioned but no major crimes such as murder or manslaughter, at least not in this quick view. FWIW

Friday, February 23, 2007
Ind. Law - Local attorney James Voyles defends high profile clients

"Local attorney a favorite of athletes: Among James Voyles' current clients are Jamaal Tinsley, Dominic Rhodes" reads the headline to a story today by Christopher Lloyd in the Indianapolis Star. It begins:

If you're a famous sports figure in urgent need of an Indianapolis attorney, chances are you will call James Voyles.

Voyles has a full docket these days. He's representing Pacers guard Jamaal Tinsley against charges stemming from the 8 Seconds Saloon brawl. He's also defending Colts running back Dominic Rhodes against drunken driving charges
    And former Pacers guard Stephen Jackson hired Voyles for his upcoming trial on charges stemming from an October incident outside an Indianapolis strip club, just as he did after the 2004 Pacers-Pistons brawl.

Reached on his cell phone Thursday afternoon, Voyles, 64, said he was on his way to Merrillville to handle a client's case. This, after he counseled Tinsley in the early-morning hours and then showed up later in federal court in Indianapolis to represent a company being sentenced in a concrete price-fixing case.

"I don't have any idea why people hire me," said Voyles, who got his law degree from Indiana University. "I assume they try to hire me because they think I do a good job. I would hope so."

He noted that not all his clients are rich or famous.

A side-bar lists some who are, including Mike Tyson, Larry Bird, and Bob Knight.

My issue of Indiana Super Lawyers 2007 arrived in the mail yesterday. Voyles is listed on page 24 as one of the top 10.

Posted by Marcia Oddi on February 23, 2007 08:21 AM
Posted to Indiana Law
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #403 on: June 27, 2011, 07:50:27 PM »

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28372732/detail.html

Last To See Spierer Denies He's Not Cooperating
Report: Man Not Talking To Police, Left Bloomington

POSTED: 4:01 pm EDT June 27, 2011
UPDATED: 4:21 pm EDT June 27, 2011

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- The last person to see missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer more than three weeks ago is denying reports he isn't cooperating with police.

Jason "Jay" Rosenbaum, 21, who Bloomington police have called a person of interest in the case, is the last person to admit to seeing Spierer early on June 3 as she walked back to her Bloomington apartment.

The New York Post on Monday quoted Spierer family friends as saying Rosenbaum is "one of the people we wish would be more forthcoming."

The newspaper also reported Rosenbaum had left his Bloomington condo at the height of the region-wide search for Spierer.

In a response released Monday afternoon, James Voyles, the high-profile Indianapolis defense attorney representing Rosenbaum, said his client has fully cooperated with the investigation.

"He has provided full statements to the police and passed a polygraph that has also been provided to the authorities," the statement read. "Mr. Rosenbaum hopes for nothing less than Lauren to be found and to be safe."

If this is true I wonder what it is he is not telling them? Personally I think there is a big secret everyone is trying to hide.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: June 27, 2011, 11:25:35 PM »

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/wpix-mystery-man-lauren-spierer-disappearance,0,7739497.story

Mystery Man Silent in Missing Student Case
By MARY MURPHY
5:27 p.m. PDT, June 27, 2011

BLOOMINGTON, IN (PIX11)— "Jay Rosenbaum Needs to Talk."

That's the headline on one of several blogs online, seeking information about the disappearance of 20-year-old Indiana University college student, Lauren Spierer, a native of Scarsdale, New York.

On the Spierers' family street in Scarsdale today, a neighbor who happens to be a former homicide prosecutor said it "spoke volumes" that Jay Rosenbaum has hired a top defense attorney. "It indicates to me, you know, he likely has some kind of information," Troy Smith told PIX 11. " I'm not saying he's necessarily a suspect, but that's just the way we, as a people, think. Why wouldn't he come forward with information?"

Spierer's long-time boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, of Port Washington, Long Island, has also retained counsel.

Rosenbaum, meantime, has shut down his Facebook page, even as there's chatter about him all over the Internet.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: June 28, 2011, 12:37:19 AM »

Here's the website description for Corey Rossman's attorney: http://www.carlsalzmann.com/

The Law Office of Carl Salzmann primarily handles Criminal and Civil cases in Central and Southern Indiana.

His 25+ years in legal practice include 6 years as a Deputy Prosecutor and 12 years as the elected Prosecutor.

Knowing both sides of the legal argument is a valuable asset to the clients Carl represents.

Your up early, hope you have a great day!
Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Apparently his legal brilliance doesn't extend to grammar or spelling.

I wonder how "high-powered" either Salzmann or Voyles really is. I will immediately suspect the first person-of-interest who hires a New York defense attorney.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: June 28, 2011, 12:42:48 AM »

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/wpix-mystery-man-lauren-spierer-disappearance,0,7739497.story

Mystery Man Silent in Missing Student Case
By MARY MURPHY
5:27 p.m. PDT, June 27, 2011

BLOOMINGTON, IN (PIX11)— "Jay Rosenbaum Needs to Talk."

That's the headline on one of several blogs online, seeking information about the disappearance of 20-year-old Indiana University college student, Lauren Spierer, a native of Scarsdale, New York.

On the Spierers' family street in Scarsdale today, a neighbor who happens to be a former homicide prosecutor said it "spoke volumes" that Jay Rosenbaum has hired a top defense attorney. "It indicates to me, you know, he likely has some kind of information," Troy Smith told PIX 11. " I'm not saying he's necessarily a suspect, but that's just the way we, as a people, think. Why wouldn't he come forward with information?"

Spierer's long-time boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, of Port Washington, Long Island, has also retained counsel.

Rosenbaum, meantime, has shut down his Facebook page, even as there's chatter about him all over the Internet.

Good thing Klaas grabbed that picture of him, back on page 14, before he took it down.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: June 28, 2011, 12:50:40 AM »

Here's the website description for Corey Rossman's attorney: http://www.carlsalzmann.com/

The Law Office of Carl Salzmann primarily handles Criminal and Civil cases in Central and Southern Indiana.

His 25+ years in legal practice include 6 years as a Deputy Prosecutor and 12 years as the elected Prosecutor.

Knowing both sides of the legal argument is a valuable asset to the clients Carl represents.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I wonder how "high-powered" either Salzmann or Voyles really is. I will immediately suspect the first person-of-interest who hires a New York defense attorney.

Hmmm   It would be interesting if the attorney's last name would begin with the letter T.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: June 28, 2011, 01:36:48 AM »

Rosenbaum, from Facebook

Rosenbaum - from media and likely for sure

I'm not sure if they are different people in the pics or if he just looks more sullen in the 2nd pic
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 08:00:20 PM by klaasend » Logged
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: June 28, 2011, 01:40:42 AM »

Jay has hired lawyers?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110627/NEWS/110627016/Lawyer-Last-person-see-Spierer-alive-passes-polygraph-test?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Lawyer: Last person to see missing IU student Lauren Spierer passes polygraph test
5:23 PM, Jun. 27, 2011 
Written by
Robert King

Lawyers representing the person believed to be the last to see IU student Lauren Spierer before her disappearance say their client has cooperated with the investigation and passed a polygraph test.

The statement did not say who administered the polygraph test that Rosenbaum passed, where it was given or what questions were asked. Neither Rosenbaum nor his attorneys will be providing any new statements or comments to the press, according to the statement.

Voyles had previously declined numerous requests to comment about the Spierer case on his client’s behalf.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: June 28, 2011, 01:58:58 AM »

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-attorney-says-client-passed-polygraph-in-spierer-case-20110627,0,3846816.story

Attorney says client passed polygraph in Spierer case
Confirms Fox 59 report that story stands up
Russ McQuaid
Fox 59
11:26 p.m. EDT, June 27, 2011

Bloomington, Ind.—

Noted defense attorney James Voyles confirms that his client, Jay Rosenbaum, has taken and passed a polygraph examination regarding his version of the morning an IU coed disappeared.

“He has provided full statements to the police and passed a polygraph that has also been provided to the authorities,” Voyles said in a statement.

Lauren Spierer was at Rosenbaum’s apartment at 297 West 11th Street twice on the morning of June 3rd. Rosenbaum told Bloomington Police, in a statement released by Lt. Bill Parker, June 4th, that he saw Spierer walk eastbound on 11th Street toward College Avenue at 4:30 a.m. after trying to convince her to sleep at his apartment. Sources tell Fox 59 News that 15 minutes earlier Spierer used Rosenbaum’s phone to call another friend, David Rohn, who did not answer.

“She was intoxicated,” Rohn told Fox 59 News on the afternoon of June 5th, about 48 hours after Spierer was reported missing. Rohn had been with Spierer at Rosenbaum’s apartment earlier in the morning. “I was with her that night actually. We were hanging out with our friends right here and I believe she went to (Kilroy’s) and I went to Smallwood and that’s the last I saw her.”

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #411 on: June 28, 2011, 03:23:44 AM »

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hmmm   It would be interesting if the attorney's last name would begin with the letter T.

LOL. Now that is funny!
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: June 28, 2011, 01:41:50 PM »

Does the boyfriend have an alibi for the night she went missing?  Has he taken a LDT? 

Seems interesting to me that she stayed that weekend at race track to party than continued the party with these other guys that may have had an altercation with one of the boyfriends friends that night.  She's out allegedly drunk and calling other guys.  Where was the boyfriend or his watch dogs that morning?  hmmm.

Did they check the dumpsters?
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: June 28, 2011, 02:45:26 PM »

Does the boyfriend have an alibi for the night she went missing?  Has he taken a LDT? 

Seems interesting to me that she stayed that weekend at race track to party than continued the party with these other guys that may have had an altercation with one of the boyfriends friends that night.  She's out allegedly drunk and calling other guys.  Where was the boyfriend or his watch dogs that morning?  hmmm.

Her boyfriend has been interviewed by le; he must have given an accounting of his activities that evening.  His roommate said that the last time that he saw Jesse was at 2:30 a.m. before he went to bed.  Sorry, I haven't heard about a LDT.  Regarding the dumpsters, the searchers probably checked them, because a grid search was done within a quarter mile of Lauren's last sighting at 2:51 a.m.  Too bad that the regular press conferences have ended; they were providing some official information/answers to the many questions in this sad case.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: June 28, 2011, 02:56:54 PM »

http://www.wthr.com/story/14990325/prayer-service-scheduled-for-missing-iu-student-lauren-spierer

Prayer service set for missing IU student Lauren Spierer
Updated: Jun 28, 2011 11:34 AM CDT

BLOOMINGTON - The public is invited to a prayer service in honor of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer.

Bloomington radio station Spirit 95 is hosting the service Thursday night and has invited the Spierer family to attend as well. The service is at 7:00 pm at Evangelical Community Church on South High Street.

It's been nearly four weeks since the 20-year-old sophomore vanished after a night out with friends. At least five of those friends considered "persons of interest" in the case have hired attorneys.

Investigators have said that only one of Lauren's friends came forward on their own to talk to police.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: June 28, 2011, 06:39:30 PM »

Klaas, would you be able to correct the picture in post #408 above.  It is not the picture of Jay Rosenbaum.  The link below has his picture.  Thanks.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-attorney-says-client-passed-polygraph-in-spierer-case-20110627,0,3846816.story

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #416 on: June 28, 2011, 07:45:33 PM »

I believe he has not taken a LDT but not completely sure. To me, it is curious that he would retain a lawyer if he had a sound alibi. I recall reading he was supposedly home alone that night awaiting a phone call from Lauren and when she didn't call or he couldn't reach her, he just went to bed. What I find strange is, if it was no big deal to him that he couldn't reach her that night that he just went to bed, then why the next day after he couldn't get a hold of her for the first few hours of the day would he panic and jump to the conclusion she was missing? By that time, he must have known she was seen by his friends who got into a fight with the guy she was with so he must have known she was ok at 2:30 AM when that happened. So how and why do you jump to the conclusion someone is missing when that person had been seen within the past 12 hours? For all he knew she could have slept over at someone's apartment and hadn't made it home yet, it wasn't that late in the day.  
One other thing, after the fight, did the friends call Jesse to tell him about it and who Lauren was with? I think it makes sense they would call because if it was a big enough deal to fight with a person over it, it would be a big enough deal to call Jesse, who was home all night waiting on a call from her, to let him know they saw Lauren and what happened.

Personally I think if the guy passed a poly it is pretty safe to say he didn't hurt Lauren. Perhaps he knows of some kind of threat to her that night and doesn't want to say?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: June 28, 2011, 07:58:28 PM »

Klaas, would you be able to correct the picture in post #408 above.  It is not the picture of Jay Rosenbaum.  The link below has his picture.  Thanks.

I'm not 100% it isn't the same person.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: June 28, 2011, 08:21:09 PM »

Rosenbaum, from Facebook

Rosenbaum - from media and likely for sure

I'm not sure if they are different people in the pics or if he just looks more sullen in the 2nd pic

Same taste for garish shirts, anyway.

I'm sure the blue-shirt pix came from his facebook page. We discussed it at the time.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: June 28, 2011, 08:31:29 PM »

http://www.wfie.com/story/14993522/iu-student-lauren-spierer-missing-for-nearly-four-weeks

IU student Lauren Spierer missing for nearly four weeks
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 6:51 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 28, 2011 6:51 PM CDT
Posted by Kelsey Wheatcroft

INDIANA (NBC) - It's been almost four weeks since an Indiana University student, Lauren Spierer, disappeared without a trace. Now, Lauren's parents are expressing their frustration over a lack of answers in the case.

Police have said they're perplexed that most of the Indiana University sophomore's college friends didn't come forward on their own, and Lauren's heartbroken parents have become increasingly frustrated.

Former FBI Profiler Clint Van Zandt says, "I think it's frustrating and challenging for investigators to know that several people had contact with her the night she disappeared. They may have information that could help solve her disappearance and yet, have not come forward with everything that law enforcement believes they might know."

For now, Lauren's parents are left begging for a break that could help bring their daughter home.

Lauren's mother, Charlene, says, "Lauren I miss everything about you. There's not one day, any given day, that I'm not missing you."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.