March 29, 2024, 08:18:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597923 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: September 23, 2011, 12:43:00 AM »

Texasmom, thanks for the video of Beth in Bloomington and her support for the Spierer family. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: September 23, 2011, 12:47:27 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7qUpqg64jo&feature=player_embedded

Thousands turn out for concert in remembrance of Spierer
Uploaded by wish on Sep 22, 2011

Concert included pleas from missing IU student's parents, an encouraging speech from IU basketball Coach Tom Crean and more. Lauren Spierer has been missing since June 3.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: September 25, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/marion_county/bo-dietl-blasting-bloomington-police

Bo Dietl blasting Bloomington Police
Updated: Sunday, 25 Sep 2011, 9:14 PM EDT
Published : Sunday, 25 Sep 2011, 7:34 PM EDT

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - A former New York City Detective hired by the Spierer family blasted the Bloomington Police Department on Friday.

Richard "Bo" Dietl is now a private investigator who is working with the Spierer family to help find Lauren.

He told the Fox station in New York City that there's friction working with the Bloomington Police Department.

Dietl and his team of New York detectives have been in Bloomington for some time now.

Dietl even called Bloomington's Police Chief a "Gomer Pyle."

"The thing is, I met with the chief and all I gotta say is, thank God for New York City detectives”, Dietl stated.

Dietl also believes that the heavy drug use at universities has a direct affect on Spierer’s disappearance.

::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: September 25, 2011, 09:38:50 PM »

http://www.wthr.com/story/15542954/private-eye-calls-bloomingto-police-chief-a-gomer-pyle

Bloomington PD chief responds to detective's remarks
Updated: Sep 25, 2011 5:47 PM CDT

Bloomington Police chief Michael Diekhoff released the following statement as a reply to Dietl's comments:

"At their request, a meeting took place with Beau and two of his other investigators at the department. They introduced themselves as retired New York City police officers that were hired by the Spierers to privately investigate Lauren's disappearance. Beau wanted to "partner" with our department and wanted us to share details of the police investigation. They were told that was not possible for a variety of reasons. First, Lauren's disappearance remains an ongoing, open investigation. As such, it is necessary that pertinent information is not revealed in order to maintain the integrity of the investigation as any and all information is explored. Second, it would be unethical and contrary to standard police practice for a police department to "partner" with and provide information to a private agency. Third, it was evident from the discussion that at least part of their intention was to harass certain individuals. Obviously, that it is not something that our department can sanction. And, in fact, we have already received complaints that individuals have been harassed by at least one of Beau's private investigators. Finally, our department is as committed, as Beau professes to be, in finding Lauren. However, unlike Beau and his other private investigators, we will continue conducting our investigation by following the law and using proper police procedures. In that way, when Lauren is found, there will be no impediment to there being justice for Lauren and her family.

"Quite frankly, I was a little surprised that Beau, as a retired police officer, wasn't aware of the impropriety of a police department sharing investigatory information with a private agency. Instead, he seemed annoyed that our department was not willing to "partner' with him and share all of our files with him. In addition, Beau and his investigators also contacted the FBI and other police agencies that have been assisting our department with this case, making the same request for information about the police investigation. Those agencies also refused to provide Beau with the information for the same reasons I have cited above. As he did not get the information he came seeking, I can only surmise that is the reason he described me as "Gomer Pyle". I don't agree with that characterization, but to use a time honored phrase, maybe that is how they do things in New York. At any rate, he is entitled to his opinion. And, for what it's worth....I've been called worse."
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #584 on: September 25, 2011, 09:43:11 PM »

Oh, good grief...can't we all just get along and find this girl.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: September 25, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »

They might not get along, KittyMom, but I think that the le, the parents, and Bo are trying to find out what happened to Lauren and to bring her home.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #586 on: September 26, 2011, 03:23:24 PM »

They might not get along, KittyMom, but I think that the le, the parents, and Bo are trying to find out what happened to Lauren and to bring her home.

Agreed. The Bloomington police department statement makes perfect sense. They can't and shouldn't open their files to everyone who comes along and wants to "help."

Gomer Pyle was a very fine character. The actor - can't think of his name right now - sang the national anthem at the Indy 500 for years. (Maybe he still does.) He has a terrific voice.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: September 26, 2011, 04:25:23 PM »

Agreed. The Bloomington police department statement makes perfect sense. They can't and shouldn't open their files to everyone who comes along and wants to "help."

Gomer Pyle was a very fine character. The actor - can't think of his name right now - sang the national anthem at the Indy 500 for years. (Maybe he still does.) He has a terrific voice.

The actor was Jim Nabors.  I looked it up.  Very Happy  They'll work it out.  Bo believes that heavy drug use at the universities had a direct affect on Lauren's disappearance; however, the LE has mentioned drugs as a rumor that they have heard.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: September 26, 2011, 04:35:42 PM »

Video of Bo Dietl on "Good Day New York" morning show.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/15550856/lauren-spierer-private-detective-calls-bloomington-chief-gomer-pyle

Spierer private detective calls Bloomington Chief "Gomer Pyle"
Posted: Sep 26, 2011 12:59 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 26, 2011 2:17 PM CDT
By Valerie Chinn

Louisville, KY (WDRB-TV) -- A private detective hired to find Lauren Spierer is calling Bloomington's police chief "Gomer Pyle."

Bloomington Chief Michael Diekhoff says he's been called worse. It all stemmed from an interview with Good Day New York, a morning show.

A news anchor says, "And they probably don't like it when Bo Dietl shows up and his fancy New York ways -- there's sometimes friction between local police departments."

Bo Dietl says: "Friction, I thought I was talking to Gomer Pyle out there. The thing is I met with the chief and all I have to say is thank God for New York City detectives."

Dietl, a former New York City Police detective turned private eye compared the chief to the naive, small-town character Gomer Pyle, who was on two television shows in the 1960s.

The parents of the missing Indiana University student hired Dietl to investigate. His team of detectives has been in Bloomington, Indiana.

Dietl says, "When I went to that chief I said, 'All we're here to do is to possibly help you do what you can't do because they all got lawyers.'  I said, 'We want to help you find this little girl.  I'm here for that reason, that family wants to find that little girl.'"

The anchor asks: "And what did he say?" Dietl says: "Uhhhh, he didn't say two words to me, the guy sat there like Gomer Pyle and he stood there like this."

The detective says he doesn't care what Bloomington Police think of him because his goal is to find Spierer. She vanished on June 3rd after a night out with friends in Bloomington. Investigators have named several persons of interest, but no suspects.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #589 on: September 26, 2011, 07:04:08 PM »

Indiana vs New York.

Once I took a television writing course at IU. The professor was from New York. He told us that most people who go to work in NY television get fired in a few weeks. The exceptions are from Indiana: no one in New York knows quite where Indiana is, so they keep you around a while longer to see what you're like.

I love that the Indiana statement spelled his name "Beau." Obviously they are not impressed enough to look him up, just presumed he was a "Beauregard."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: September 26, 2011, 11:26:46 PM »

Indiana vs New York.

Once I took a television writing course at IU. The professor was from New York. He told us that most people who go to work in NY television get fired in a few weeks. The exceptions are from Indiana: no one in New York knows quite where Indiana is, so they keep you around a while longer to see what you're like.

I love that the Indiana statement spelled his name "Beau." Obviously they are not impressed enough to look him up, just presumed he was a "Beauregard."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: September 26, 2011, 11:36:00 PM »

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-attorney-general-new-york-private-investigators-are-operating-illegally-20110926,0,7686155.column

Attorney General: New York private investigators are operating illegally
Private investigators brought to Indiana by the parents of Lauren Spierer may have to stop their search for the missing IU student.
By Anne Yeager
9:42 p.m. EDT, September 26, 2011
Bloomington, Ind.

Private investigators brought to Indiana by the parents of Lauren Spierer may have to stop their search for the missing IU student. A Fox59 investigation revealed the private eyes are not operating legally.

Investigator Beau Dietl poked fun at Bloomington's police captain live on the local Fox station in New York City.

"He sat there like Gomer Pyle then he started like this," said Dietl.  "I met with the chief and all I gotta say is that thank God for New York City detectives that I have covering that stuff."

As many as four private eyes hired by the parents of Lauren Spierer are in Bloomington, trying to uncover what happened to the missing IU student. The only problem is that Indiana's Attorney General's office said they are breaking the law.

Lauren Spierer's father said he was disappointed with Dietl's comments and he has a tremendous amount of faith in the Bloomington Police Department.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: September 27, 2011, 01:25:52 PM »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110927/NEWS02/109270335/Lauren-Spierer-Private-investigator-apologizes-comparing-Bloomington-Ind-chief-Gomer-Pyle

Lauren Spierer: Private investigator apologizes for comparing Bloomington, Ind. chief to Gomer Pyle
11:53 PM, Sep. 26, 2011

Former New York City police Detective Richard "Bo" Dietl apologized Monday on "Imus in the Morning" to "the great state of Indiana and Bloomington" for comparing the city's police chief to the TV bumpkin "Gomer Pyle" on Friday.

"I feel bad. Sometimes I open my mouth and don't think before I talk," Dietl said.

Charlene Spierer told Fox59 News in Indiana: "We continue our search for Lauren since her disappearance on June 3. We are confident in the Bloomington Police Department and they have our full support."

Her husband, Robert, told the television station that the family hired Dietl to "supplement" the investigation.

He added, "We don't agree with the disparaging comments made without our knowledge and completely contrary to our opinion of the Bloomington Police Department."

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #593 on: September 27, 2011, 02:05:41 PM »

IMO, name calling does nothing to bring Lauren home.  All that managed to do was make a stressful situation even more tense.  All the time spent ironing out this issue took time and attention away from looking for Lauren.  It has to be frustrating for all involved to not have answers by now, but working together (and respecting each other and the skills each brings to the investigation) will do more to find answers for those that love Lauren.  This isn't about who is the better detective.  This is about a young woman who is missing and parents who's hearts are breaking.  Again, this is just my opinion.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: September 27, 2011, 11:42:36 PM »

With video

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-lauren-spierer-private-investigators-complaint-filed-against-nyc-private-investigators-hired-by-spierer-family-20110927,0,2232260.column

Complaint filed against NYC private investigators hired by Spierer family
The successful private investigative firm hired to help crack the Lauren Spierer case could get tossed out of town.
By Anne Yeager
7:44 p.m. EDT, September 27, 2011
Bloomington, Ind.

The successful private investigative firm hired to help crack the Lauren Spierer case could get tossed out of town. The state Private Investigators and Security Guard Licensing Board filed a complaint with the attorney general's office Tuesday.

The firm, Dietl & Associates, is not licensed in the state of Indiana and that is illegal, according to the state Attorney General's Office. The firm didn't make friends in Bloomington after a recent appearance on a Fox morning show where he made fun of Bloomington Police Chief Michael Diekhoff.

Dietl or his private eyes may not be in Bloomington much longer, though. The state licensing board is asking the state attorney general for a cease and desist order to get the New York-based firm to shut down their operations.

Now, there are more problems for the Dietl firm, including potential criminal charges. Fox59 has learned that the Monroe County Prosecutor is considering filing charges against one of Dietl's private eyes accused of breaking into a residence.

While Dietle didn't hold back on morning television, Tuesday, he apologized on the radio and the Bloomington Police Chief had nothing to say.

A cease and desist order could come in the next days, but there is no word on when or if criminal charges will be filed.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: October 03, 2011, 02:55:24 PM »

http://www.wave3.com/story/15603076/still-no-sign-of-missing-iu-student-4-months-after-disappearance

Still no sign of missing IU student 4 months after disappearance
Posted: Oct 03, 2011 9:58 AM CDT
Updated: Oct 03, 2011 10:00 AM CDT
By Heather Smith - email

BLOOMINGTON, IN (WAVE) - It's been four months since an Indiana University student disappeared.

Lauren Spierer's parents say their days revolve around meetings with police and walking in their daughter's last known steps hoping to find her, or find closure.

The New York couple has resolved to stay in Indiana indefinitely.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: October 03, 2011, 03:10:29 PM »

http://www.indianastatesman.com/project-21-lands-isu-students-in-court-1.2626244

“Project 21” lands ISU students in court
By Chris Sweeney
Asst. news editor
Published: Monday, October 3, 2011
Updated: Monday, October 3, 2011 11:10

The Indiana State Excise Police continue to partner with ISU and other universities to enforce the laws of consuming alcohol.

A press release states excise police officers regularly work with other law enforcement agencies to enforce state law. The sheriff's department deputies who worked with excise police are part of Project 21, an initiative of the Vigo County Sheriff's Department aimed at reducing underage drinking in Vigo County.

After the disappearance of IU student Lauren Spierer this summer, universities nation-wide have increased law enforcement personnel to ensure alcohol related matters are handled swiftly. The excise police have a state-wide jurisdiction that concentrates specifically on alcohol violations.

"They are the lead agency, and if they notify us, they allow us to be present during their investigation," said Joe Newport, assistant director of ISU Public Safety.

Excise and university police generally patrol "typical party-areas" and locations that have re-occurring complaints by residents. When Excise becomes involved at a known ISU related location, ISU police are often called to assist, although they are not required to do so.

"The university police receive complaints, as well as the excise police, of people who have been drinking, and we encourage the officers to resolve the cases with the safety of the students first," Newport said.

Individuals are not automatically cited or arrested for consuming alcohol as a minor.

"The police must make sure their actions result in the best resolution based on the circumstance," Newport said. Resolutions can be a simple release to a responsible friend, taking an individual to the hospital, or, in the most severe outcome, making an arrest.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: October 04, 2011, 12:47:33 AM »

http://www.thedailygreenburgh.com/neighbors/edgemont-still-hopes-lauren-spierer-will-be-found

Edgemont Still Hopes Lauren Spierer Will Be Found
by Luis Garcia 10 min 17 sec ago

EDGEMONT, N.Y. — It's been four months since Edgemont native Lauren Spierer disappeared in Bloomington, Ind. and the pain has not let up. 

“It’s a continuous loop of sadness and anxiety,” said Loren Weiss, an Edgemont resident and friend of the Spierer family who went to Indiana in the first week after Lauren Spierer’s disappearance. "I never would have thought that it would go four months."

Spierer, a student at Indiana University, was last seen at 4:30 a.m. on June 3, after a night out with friends.

Lauren’s parents, Robert and Charlene Spierer, went to Indiana after the disappearance and remained there searching for her since. They created a website and have been trying hard to keep their daughter in the public’s mind, drawing on various kinds of  support, from fundraisings to vigils to concerts.

If somebody out there knows what happened to Lauren Spierer, that person needs to come forward now, Weiss said.

"Can you imagine living with this for the rest of your life?"
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: October 06, 2011, 09:51:27 PM »

With video

http://www.wthr.com/story/15625890/iu-students-write-song-for-lauren-spierer

IU students write song for Lauren Spierer
Posted: Oct 05, 2011 3:32 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 05, 2011 6:00 PM CDT
By Kevin Rader

BLOOMINGTON - We all know music can be a healer, but can it help solve a mystery? Two Indiana University songwriters are hoping it can. The Spierer family says the song about their missing daughter Lauren is a gift.

Four months have passed since Lauren Spierer disappeared, and a new school year is now underway. She may be gone but she is not forgotten.

A new song written by two members of the IU family is helping to make sure of that. The song is called One Little Miracle.

Now it will be released on iTunes within the next 24 hours. All the money raised will be donated to the Help Find Lauren Search Fund.

In a written statement to Eyewitness News, Rob and Charlene Spierer say "One Little Miracle" is a beautiful tribute to Lauren that they will always treasure.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: October 06, 2011, 10:03:36 PM »

With video

http://www.wthr.com/story/15625890/iu-students-write-song-for-lauren-spierer

IU students write song for Lauren Spierer
Posted: Oct 05, 2011 3:32 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 05, 2011 6:00 PM CDT
By Kevin Rader

BLOOMINGTON - We all know music can be a healer, but can it help solve a mystery? Two Indiana University songwriters are hoping it can. The Spierer family says the song about their missing daughter Lauren is a gift.

Four months have passed since Lauren Spierer disappeared, and a new school year is now underway. She may be gone but she is not forgotten.

A new song written by two members of the IU family is helping to make sure of that. The song is called One Little Miracle.

Now it will be released on iTunes within the next 24 hours. All the money raised will be donated to the Help Find Lauren Search Fund.

In a written statement to Eyewitness News, Rob and Charlene Spierer say "One Little Miracle" is a beautiful tribute to Lauren that they will always treasure.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.