March 28, 2024, 03:25:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597833 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #600 on: October 12, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »

Body Found in Illinois Field Not Lauren Spierer
‎49 minutes ago‎
A female body found yesterday afternoon in Bloomington, Ill. is not Lauren Spierer, according to investigators. The Herald Times Online has reported that a decomposed female body found yesterday afternoon near a harvested cornfield ... snipped
http://southeast.patch.com/articles/body-found-in-indiana-field-not-lauren-spierer

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #601 on: October 12, 2011, 01:31:15 PM »

Three young blond look-alike females have been abducted from a 350 mile circle that includes Bloomington IN, Darden TN and Florence KY. Lauren Spierer is 4′ 11′ tall and weighs 95 lbs she is 20 years old, Holly Bobo is 5′ 3″ tall and weighs 110 lbs she is 20 years old, Paige Johnson is 5′ 1″ tall and weighs 110 lbs she is now 18 years old.

snipped
http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2011/10/06/three-young-blond-look-alike-females-abducted-in-last-13-months-lauren-spierer-holly-bobo-and-paige-johnson-all-of-them-petite-sizes/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #602 on: October 12, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »

Interesting article, Nut. On Criminal Minds, they would say, "Now we can triangulate. The unsub lives somewhere in the middle of this circle." That would be Bowling Green. But the IU boys were still the last one to see her. I wonder what the other two girls in the Bowling Green circle were doing when they were abducted. A crime of opportunity, as Lauren's abduction would have been?
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: October 12, 2011, 04:01:24 PM »

Interesting article, Nut. On Criminal Minds, they would say, "Now we can triangulate. The unsub lives somewhere in the middle of this circle." That would be Bowling Green. But the IU boys were still the last one to see her. I wonder what the other two girls in the Bowling Green circle were doing when they were abducted. A crime of opportunity, as Lauren's abduction would have been?

Holly Bobo was abducted from her property in the morning of a week day when she was going out to her car to leave to go to nursing school..so no similairity there....and that person entered the famlies property from a wooded area and left with her that way it would appear..so completely different type of  surroundings then in a downtown college area in the wee hours of the morning.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #604 on: October 12, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »

Thanks, Gypsy. I followed the link in the posting above. Looks like it's a private investigator in Sarasota who is floating this theory.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: October 12, 2011, 08:17:19 PM »

Yes, just a theory, but interesting none the less...all 3 women are similar in appearance, weird.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #606 on: October 13, 2011, 04:23:02 PM »

Yes, just a theory, but interesting none the less...all 3 women are similar in appearance, weird.

Yes.

I don't know why..but I suspect someone close to Lauren knows more then they are sharing with the family and LE.  I wonder if this case will ever be solved or if it will simply be solved by the slip of a tongue one night in the future. 

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: October 13, 2011, 04:25:20 PM »

Body Found in Illinois Field Not Lauren Spierer
‎49 minutes ago‎
A female body found yesterday afternoon in Bloomington, Ill. is not Lauren Spierer, according to investigators. The Herald Times Online has reported that a decomposed female body found yesterday afternoon near a harvested cornfield ... snipped
http://southeast.patch.com/articles/body-found-in-indiana-field-not-lauren-spierer

Whenever I hear about a body found in Illinois my first thought is always Stacey Peterson...I wonder if her body will ever be found?

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: October 14, 2011, 02:34:41 PM »

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/iu-club-teams-with-police-to-promote-safety

IU club teams with police to promote safety
Updated: Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
By: Adrienne Broaddus

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WISH) - College is supposed to be a fun educational experience, but many students become victims of campus crimes.

Students at Indiana University's Bloomington campus returned this fall with the case of Lauren Spierer - missing for months - heavy on their minds. And campus police said there have been four reported forcible rapes since Aug. 12.

That's all part of the reason an awareness club on campus teamed up with IU police to share the best ways for students to stay safe on and off campus. The session was called "Street Smarts." And though the officer conducting the session Thursday didn't want to publicly answer specific questions about the Spierer case, he did have plenty of advice for students.

::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: October 17, 2011, 05:49:11 PM »

http://findlauren.com/

Official Lauren Spierer Updates from Her Family

All donations from Malorie's 5K Run on November 5, 2011 will be given to the FindLauren Fund.
October 17, 2011

----------------------

Malorie's website

http://maloriejanasek.com/2011/06/05/missing-lauren-spierer/

Support my 5K run by donating $5 for Lauren Spierer!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: October 20, 2011, 12:04:56 AM »

http://www.laxpower.com/laxnews/news.php?story=26218

Indiana Hosting 'Lacrosse for Lauren' on Oct. 22
2011-10-19

BLOOMINGTON, IN. – Indiana University will scrimmage Taylor and IUPUI on Saturday October, 22 at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 pm at Karst Farm Park in the Lacrosse for Lauren Classic.

"Lauren Spierer is an IU student from New York who has been missing since June 3rd. The team was interested in doing something to benefit the search, and when we learned that she played lacrosse in high school we knew we had to get involved in a big way," said head coach Peter Tumbas.

Indiana will be selling Hoosier lacrosse merchandise and taking donations throughout the day. Proceeds will go directly to the search effort. Taylor will play IUPUI at 11:30 am.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: October 20, 2011, 11:15:55 PM »

How cruel to write a letter complaining about missing person posters for Lauren.     So, how is a family that is looking for Lauren offending anyone?   Hmmm.... Does the person who wrote the note have a guilty conscience?   

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-mother-of-lauren-spierer-releases-new-letter-thursday-20111020,0,6298135.column

Mother of Lauren Spierer releases new letter Thursday
Charlene Spierer writes about an anonymous note she received that stated the Spierer's were littering Bloomington with posters and offending many people.
Bloomington, Ind.
October 20, 2011

The mother of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer released a new letter Thursday. 

In the letter, titled I never expected to see October without Lauren, Lauren’s mother, Charlene Spierer, wrote about a letter she received.  Charlene said the anonymous letter was addressed to her and sent to the P O Box Lauren’s parents set up to receive anonymous information regarding their daughter’s disappearance.

Charlene said the anonymous sender stated the Spierer’s were littering Bloomington with the posters of Lauren and offending many people.

The missing 20-year-old student’s mother states if the purpose of the letter was to hurt her, the anonymous sender was successful.

“Making me feel worse than I already do for imposing on Bloomington. Believe me, I wish we had never had to hang one single poster for our missing child,” Charlene wrote. “The truth of the matter is, Lauren did disappear in Bloomington, Indiana. I apologize for our intrusion.”

In the letter, Charlene reiterates how the Spierer’s will not give up on their search for Lauren.  “While statistics are against us after almost five months, our family continues to hold that shred of hope for Lauren’s safe return."

Charlene ends the letter by speaking out to those who have information about the disappearance of Lauren.  She addresses the person by “you," writing the person has the knowledge to end their family’s nightmare. 

“You alone, have the knowledge which can return Lauren to us,” said Charlene. “While it took cowardice to take Lauren off the streets of Bloomington, June 3, 2011, I offer a coward’s alternative to providing the truth.”

Below is the full letter by Charlene:

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: October 25, 2011, 07:43:45 PM »

http://www.wsbt.com/news/wxin-annual-concert-series-aimed-at-finding-missing-persons-to-stop-in-indiana-nov-4-20111024,0,4079536.column

Annual concert series aimed at finding missing persons to stop in Indiana
The International Squeaky Wheel Tour will stop at Sam Ash Music, 8284 Center Run Dr., from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Nov. 4.

Reba Reader
9:58 p.m. EDT, October 24, 2011
Indianapolis

When a loved one goes missing, many families beg and plead for anyone to speak up, take notice or even just look at a photograph. An annual concert series aimed at raising awareness for those families will stop in Indiana Nov. 4.

Missing persons highlighted at the event will include Molly Dattilo, Jason Ellis, Lola "Kathy" Fry, Brookley Louks, Jamie Meadows, Daniel Reaves, Shannon Sherrill, Karen Jo Smith, Steven Smith, Walter Tom Smith Jr., Lauren Spierer and Esther Westenberger.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: October 25, 2011, 07:54:44 PM »

http://www.wdrb.com/story/15869690/friends-celebrities-raise-money-for-search-for-missing-iu-student

Friends, celebrities raise money for search for missing IU student
Posted: Oct 25, 2011 10:07 AM CDT
Updated: Oct 25, 2011 10:07 AM CDT

LOUISVILLE, KY. (WDRB) -- People are giving up some valuable items to help find missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer.  Organizers launched the official "Find Lauren" auction on eBay.

Friends and even strangers have donated several items already, including guitars signed by Sheryl Crow and John Mellencamp.  The money will aid in search and awareness efforts.

--------------------
List of auction items at this site:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/officialfindlaurenauction/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg&_trksid=p3686#ptm250914604731
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: October 26, 2011, 11:35:52 PM »

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=83710

Funding Board makes IUSA aid exception
Student fee money used to pay for Shine 4 Lauren concert
By Matthew Glowicki | IDS
POSTED AT 12:07 AM ON Oct. 26, 2011

Breaking with its usual policy of not funding student organizations that receive mandatory student fee money, the IU Student Association Student Organization Funding Board granted IUSA $10,000 for the Shine 4 Lauren concert in September.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #615 on: October 29, 2011, 05:40:12 PM »

I moved my photos into a new album but they're still on photobucket. Will reset the links if anyone wants them. (Originally posted on pages 14-15-16 of this thread. They show the alley, the apartment building, and floor plans of the apartments.)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: October 29, 2011, 10:33:44 PM »

I moved my photos into a new album but they're still on photobucket. Will reset the links if anyone wants them. (Originally posted on pages 14-15-16 of this thread. They show the alley, the apartment building, and floor plans of the apartments.)

Port Valerie 

Thank you for offering to reset the links that show the alley, the apartment building, and the floor plans of the apartments! 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: October 31, 2011, 04:31:23 PM »

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/29626828/detail.html

Excise Cops Bust Underage Drinking At IU
Police Made 9 Arrests, Issued 57 Citations During Homecoming Events

POSTED: 7:24 pm EDT October 29, 2011
UPDATED: 6:25 am EDT October 31, 2011

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Underage drinking is a problem at many college campuses, especially during major sports events and Homecoming parties.

Indiana University is no exception, and Indiana State Excise Police officers came out to the football tailgaiting festivities on Saturday to combat the problem.

Many students and party goers celebrating IU’s homecoming in Bloomington were unaware of the plainclothes officers lurking in the shadows, RTV6's Myrt Price reported.

Since the disappearance of IU student Lauren Spierer, excise police said there have been major strides and public interest in the crackdown against underage drinking.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: November 01, 2011, 03:44:17 PM »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20111101/NEWS02/111010360/Lauren-Spierer-disappearance-Schoolmate-Rosenbaum-meets-parents-denies-any-involvement?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Lauren Spierer disappearance: Schoolmate Rosenbaum meets with parents, denies any involvement
Nov. 1, 2011 
Written by
Shawn Cohen

Indiana University student Jay Rosenbaum said today that he had nothing to do with Lauren Spierer's disappearance and that he has fully cooperated with police.

Rosenbaum, the last person to report seeing the Indiana University sophomore, also met with Spierer's parents for two hours — and held another session with their private investigator — answering all of their questions about the case, his lawyer, Jen Lukemeyer, said.

"Yes, I have cooperated since day one, and I will continue to cooperate," Rosenbaum told The Journal News by telephone call, offering his first public statements on the case. "And I had nothing to do with the disappearance of Lauren. Obviously, there's nothing more that I want than for Lauren to be found and safe, and for this all to be over."

He declined to field questions, and was joined by Lukemeyer during the call.

Rosenbaum, a student who lives in the apartment Spierer visited before she went missing after a night out with friends, met with Robert and Charlene Spierer in Lukemeyer's office Sept. 19, she said. The Spierers' lawyer was also present.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: November 04, 2011, 11:35:51 PM »

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=83919

Volunteers to re-poster to raise awareness of Lauren Spierer
IDS Reports
POSTED AT 09:05 PM ON Nov. 3, 2011 

Volunteers have been invited to attend an event to put up posters to raise awareness about the disappearance of IU student Lauren Spierer, who was last seen at the corner of 11th and College avenues in the early morning hours of June 3, 2011.

P.U.M.P. 4 Lauren, which stands for “putting up more posters for Lauren,” will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday. People interested in participating should meet in front of Smallwood Plaza, 455 N. College Ave. in Bloomington.

The event’s organizers were inspired to put up more posters after reading an anonymous letter that was sent to Lauren’s parents asking that the Spierers stop putting up posters on public property.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.