March 29, 2024, 12:11:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597865 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #820 on: January 28, 2016, 11:23:08 PM »

http://www.wthr.com/story/31081621/fbi-investigating-home-in-martinsville#.VqrbJJ7Dr5E.facebook

Source: FBI raid of Martinsville home connected to Lauren Spierer investigation

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 11:18 AM CST
Updated: Jan 28, 2016 10:29 PM CST
By WTHR Channel 13

MARTINSVILLE, Ind. -  The FBI is conducting a raid of Martinsville home connected to a man suspected of flashing himself to numerous women. The search is connected to the disappearance of an Indiana University student.

Sources confirm to Eyewitness News the search is related to the investigation into the disappearance of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer. Spierer disappeared June 3, 2011 after a night out with friends near the Bloomington campus.

Since her disappearance, Spierer's mother, Charlene, has made numerous pleas for information that would help police in their search for her daughter.

"There have been so many waiting to hear, waiting to hear, waiting to hear, that never said it was related to Lauren and this is just making me sick now. I want to find Lauren more than anything in the whole wide world and that’s the most important thing. So, if it is, it is, you know, I want to know," she told Eyewitness News Thursday.

The FBI and other police agencies converged on the home in the 2900 block of Old Morgantown Rd. Thursday morning. Bloomington Police confirm they were involved in the search Thursday in Martinsville. The FBI referred to Bloomington P.D. as the "lead agency" in the investigation.

"The Indianapolis Office of the FBI has been assisting the lead agency - which is the Bloomington Indiana Police Department - following up on leads and tips in Morgan County today regarding the disappearance of Lauren Spierer. There is no additional information to release regarding this matter at this time," the FBI said in a statement Thursday night.

Investigators sifted dirt removed from a barn near the property after cadaver dogs finished their work. County police agencies and the FBI were tight-lipped about the search. Investigators towed a white truck from the property.

In surveillance video released shortly after Spierer's disappearance, investigators keyed on a white truck recorded by security cameras, but later identified the company name on the side of the truck, spoke with the owner and determined there was no connection to the investigation.

The truck may be connected to 35-year-old Justin Wagers. Wagers, who is accused of exposing himself to women, lived here with his mother and stepfather until his arrest last August.

Wagers was arrested for exposing his genitals to a woman at a Circle K gas station near Bluff Road and County line Road in Johnson County. Wagers was charged with indecent exposure after the woman identified Wagers from his photo on the state sex offender registry.

"I put my car in reverse and my headlights are shining on him and I noticed his pants were down to his knees. And he turns toward me and just exposes himself," said one of his alleged victims.

There were at least five victims by last August. The description of the suspect was pretty much the same.

The vehicle seized on Wagers' property by police Thursday was a white pick-up with a dark cap, similar to one flashing victims saw last summer.

Wagers has criminal convictions in five counties - Bartholomew, Brown, Johnson, Monroe and Morgan - dating back to 2000. He pleaded guilty in all of those convictions, which included pleas to 10 public indecency charges, four battery charges, two vicarious sexual gratification charges, and one charge each of intimidation and invasion of privacy.

He is currently facing charges in Bartholomew County for public indecency and public nudity; Johnson County for public indecency and an unrelated charge of leaving the scene of an accident; and Marion County for performing sexual misconduct in the presence of a minor and public indecency.

He has been ordered to undergo sexual offender evaluation and treatment.

Homeowners Danny and Lisa Walker were on the scene. Danny Walker's father, who was visibly shaken, spoke with us as he left the scene.

"Nobody knows what they're looking for," said Charles Fields. "It would be upsetting for anybody."

Justin Wagers
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:38:05 PM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #821 on: January 28, 2016, 11:44:28 PM »

http://www.wthr.com/story/31086975/neighbors-shocked-numb-as-fbi-searches-martinsville-property

Neighbors "shocked, numb" as FBI searches Martinsville property

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 9:26 PM CST
Updated: Jan 28, 2016 9:37 PM CST
By Emily Longnecker, WTHR ReporterConnect

MARTINSVILLE, Ind. -
It was quiet at a home on Morgantown Road in Martinsville Thursday night - a very different scene, then the one all day, after the FBI raided it this morning, going through the property top to bottom. 

Their work, all connected, say law enforcement sources, to the disappearance of IU student Lauren Spierer.

Dozens of FBI investigators spent the entire day at the home which property records show belongs to Lisa and Danny Walker. 

The focus of the search, say sources, is finding missing IU student Lauren Spierer.

Investigators searched the Walker's home and barn next to it, bringing in cadaver dogs, sifting through dirt and taking pictures inside the home.

The FBI also hauled away a white pick-up truck which sources tell Eyewitness News will be tested for DNA.

Neighbors Jack and Glenda Macer say they discovered Wagers' history after the couple says they caught Wagers peeping in their bedroom window four years ago.

"I got a security lamp out here," said Jack Macer, pointing to a light outside, right near his bedroom window.

"I said, 'Hey!' just loud and when I did that, he turned around and I looked who it was and I got a good picture, I got a good face of him, so then went back in my house and got the gun 'cause I didn't know if he was going at the back or into the front.  It was kind of a scary scene," said Macer.

Macer and his wife say they confronted Wager's mother, who brought her son to their house.

"He told you , 'I'm a registered sex offender, but it wasn't me. But it wasn't me'," recalled Glenda Macer of the conversation Wagers had with her husband.

"I said, 'Well I'll tell you this, if it wasn't you, it was your twin brother. I'll put it like that.'  I said, 'I had good lighting on you. I seen ya.'  I told him, 'All of us out here got guns and you do something like that again, you might get shot,'" explained Jack Macer.

The couple says they never pursued the incident because they felt sorry for Wagers mom and stepdad.

When the FBI showed up Thursday, right next door, with cadaver dogs, the Macers didn't know what to think.

"We're shocked, numb, scared," said Glenda Macer.

"Here's what I think," said Jack Macer. "They're not looking for drugs. They're not looking for explosives. They're looking for something dead."

Law enforcement sources tell Eyewitness News investigators, at this point, have not found any human remains or a body.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #822 on: January 28, 2016, 11:53:57 PM »

http://www.wthr.com/story/31087281/lauren-spierers-mom-iu-campus-react-to-new-lead-in-disappearance

Now, nearly five years later, a potential new lead that has Charlene Spierer, the mom who's been without her daughter - without answers - for so long, hoping for closure.

"You know, Jennie, there have been so many waiting to hear, waiting to hear, waiting to hear, that never said it was related to Lauren and this is just making me sick now. I want to find Lauren more than anything in the whole wide world and that's the most important thing. So, if it is, it is, you know, I want to know," Charlene Spierer said Thursday.

Charlene and Lauren Spierer
(Spierer family photo)

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #823 on: January 29, 2016, 08:53:18 PM »

http://nypost.com/2016/01/29/missing-students-mom-hopeful-for-break-in-case-after-raid-on-sex-offender/

Missing student’s mom hopeful for break in case after raid on sex offender
January 29, 2016 | 4:14pm

The mom of an Indiana college student from Westchester County who disappeared in 2011 is hopeful — though not optimistic — that a raid on the home of a sex offender will finally be a long-awaited break in the case.

Dozens of prior tips, leads and searches have come up empty since the disappearance of Lauren Spierer, 20, an Indiana University student from Edgemont who went missing June 3, 2011, after a night out with pals.

“I guess it feels different because the police said the raid is linked to Lauren’s investigation — and the FBI is involved,” Charlene Spierer told The Post on Friday.

Spierer learned of the developments through media reports and hasn’t been updated by the FBI or Bloomington police.

“I don’t have any specifics,” she said.

Meanwhile, private-eye CEO Bo Dietl blasted Bloomington Chief Michael Diekhoff.

“The family shouldn’t be learning about this from the media,” Dietl told The Post. “The Bloomington police have kept this family in the dark for four years now.”

In 2011, Dietl called the top cop “Gomer Pyle” — accusing him of not cooperating with his gumshoes and of soft-pedaling in the probe. He apologized then, but renewed his attack Friday.

“The chief of police used to be a traffic cop. Maybe he should still be a traffic cop,” he said.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: February 05, 2016, 12:48:12 AM »

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2016/02/02/spierer-search-warrants-will-remain-sealed/79703904/

Lauren Spierer search warrants will remain sealed, judge says
7:49 p.m. EST February 2, 2016

Anything investigators may have discovered during searches last week connected to the 2011 disappearance of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer will remain hidden from the public unless criminal charges are filed.

A Monroe County judge told the Bloomington Herald-Times that information regarding the search warrants executed last Thursday will be be unsealed only if charges are filed in connection to the case.

The Bloomington Police Department and federal agents searched the Martinsville property owned by the family of Justin Wagers on Thursday in connection with the Spierer investigation. His attorney has denied Wagers has any knowledge of the woman, who vanished in June 2011 after a night partying with friends.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: May 20, 2016, 02:07:02 PM »

http://www.people.com/article/lauren-spierer-disappearance-five-years-live-it-every-day-says-mom

Lauren Spierer's Mom Still Seeks Answers as Fifth Anniversary of Her Disappearance Nears: 'You Just Want to Bring Your Child Home'
05/19/2016 AT 11:10 AM EDT

Through the march of weddings, holidays, good times and bad over the past five years, Charlene Spierer has worked to find the joy and love that bonds her family through the heartbreak of a missing child.

"Of course life has to go on," the mother of Lauren Spierer tells PEOPLE. "We are able to embrace those happy things."

But in many ways, time for her stopped in 2011 when Lauren, 20, a bright, beautiful sophomore from Edgemont, New York, who was studying fashion at Indiana University Bloomington, concluded a night of partying with friends and simply vanished.

"Your life is so consumed with trying to find your loved one, you don't even realize that time is going by," Lauren's mom says. "It feels to me like it's still June 3, 2011."

As the fifth anniversary of Lauren's disappearance nears, Bloomington Police have logged the numbers in their so-far unsuccessful search for answers: more than 3,500 tips, 2,505 overtime hours, a dig through a landfill, and the rundown of "possible connections to a number of criminal suspects arrested in other jurisdictions for heinous crimes against female victims," according to a statement shared by police with PEOPLE.

"The investigation into Lauren's disappearance has never been considered or labeled a 'cold case,' " says the department, which adds "there is work being done on the case literally every day."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: June 03, 2016, 08:33:07 PM »

http://fox59.com/2016/06/03/lauren-spierer-disappearance-5-years-later/

Lauren Spierer disappearance: 5 years later
Posted 7:49 AM, June 3, 2016, by Kyle Inskeep, Updated at 10:14am, June 3, 2016

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.- June 3, 2016, marks five years since IU student Lauren Spierer went missing. Five years without answers. Five years without closure.

Her disappearance received national attention, and Bloomington police say the case remains a top priority.

A private investigator hired by the Spierer family refuses to give up because he believes someone, somewhere knows exactly what happened to Lauren.

On the night of June 2, 2011, Spierer went out for drinks with friends in Bloomington. The group ended the evening at Kilroy’s Sports Bar. Witnesses reported that Lauren was highly intoxicated and that she left the bar and went to a friend’s house.

She’d eventually leave there early on June 3, 2011, and never be seen again.

Since then, Bloomington police say they’ve received, documented, and investigated nearly 4,000 tips.

The private investigation firm working on the case from New York says it’s “confident” the Spierer family will someday get the closure they deserve.

“The correct information of where Lauren is just hasn’t come to us yet, but we continue to work on leads that I can’t talk about. There is an investigation going on as we speak” said Michael Ciravolo, president of Beau Dietl & Associates.

Lauren’s parent’s released this statement to FOX59 on the fifth  anniversary of her disappearance:

"This Friday, June 3, 2016, marks five years since Lauren’s disappearance.  It is sobering and heartbreaking as a parent, to reflect daily on the fact that our child is still out there and we are unable to locate her.  Our family continues to search for answers and we remain steadfast in our dedication to seeing justice served for Lauren.   We are grateful to all who have embraced our family as they might their own, offering support and compassion since we first learned of Lauren’s disappearance.    We know that the Bloomington Police Department’s commitment to Lauren is as strong today as it has ever been and for that we are grateful.  We also thank the many people around the country, including various law enforcement agencies, that to this day, work diligently to help us find Lauren.  While we have had hundreds of leads, we have not had the one which will yield the answers we desperately need."  -Rob and Charlene Spierer

Charlene also wrote an open letter on a Facebook page dedicated to posting updates about his disappearance. In the letter, Charlene writes that she believes Lauren's death was an accident, but what happened after her death was a crime.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: June 03, 2016, 08:37:32 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Lauren.Spierer.Family.Updates/posts/1327825973913795

Official Lauren Spierer Updates from Her Family
14 hrs ·
You can feel the anxiety build as June 3 approaches. The pall that surrounds every room in our home and the unspoken words between Robbie and me again bring that all too familiar silence that has become an unwelcomed visitor in our lives. I have been fooling myself…believing that every day is the same and no day of loss is more significant than any other. As June 3 approaches so do all the familiar feelings of sadness, regret, remorse, heartbreak and desperation. Lauren will always be a part of our lives, almost like she is still with us, but so clearly absent. Each milestone since her disappearance is accompanied by an awful weight of missing someone so loved it is palpable, but no day is as paralyzing as June 3...physically, my throat tightens, my temples pound, my heartbeat quickens and I wonder how I am going to get through the days leading up to the worst day of our lives. Emotionally, it takes so little to release the flood of tears I’ve tried to keep at bay since the last “anniversary”, knowing that the coming days will be the most difficult.

Five years since Lauren disappeared. Indescribable, unbelievable, unconscionable. It has taken some time but the realization that something so horrible can happen and does happen every day to so many people has become an acceptance. The secrets kept by those responsible for all these years, a reality. Will we ever know the truth of what happened to Lauren? I still believe we will. Will those responsible ever be held accountable? I still believe justice will be served. Will we ever be able to bring Lauren home? I am just not sure anymore. Going through this nightmare, I consider all the possibilities of what could have been done to Lauren after she took her last breath and I can only hope that her suffering was short.

I have always thought that an accident took Lauren on June 3, 2011. I have always known that what followed was a crime. I am still left with a multitude of questions which remain unanswered. As far as I am aware, no one has been cleared but then again, no person of interest was ever named by the Bloomington Police Department. Many leads have been submitted to law enforcement, our private investigators, various media outlets, and agencies who prefer to remain unnamed. There are various theories about what happened to Lauren and who was ultimately responsible, but the puzzle remains missing a vital piece. Until completed, Lauren’s disappearance will remain a mystery. Why? What is it about the events of June 3, 2011, which continue to allude all investigating this case? What is it about Lauren that has kept it someone’s mission to keep the facts so deeply buried? Obviously fear of reprisal, but I cannot believe the person responsible has not confided in someone. Is it truly going to come down to someone having a crisis of conscience? How many years must we wait to have that happen?

Our sincere thanks to all who have done their very best to support us and help keep Lauren’s disappearance on the minds of many. To all the law enforcement officers and private investigators who are committed to Lauren, and determined to solve the mystery of her disappearance, we hope for your success and your safety.

Hoping today is the day.
 Charlene Spierer
 Bloomington Police Department – 812.339.4477
 helpfindlauren@gmail.com
 Find Lauren PO Box 1226 Bloomington, IN 47402
 Beau Dietl & Associates 800.777.9366
 @NewsOnLaurenS
‪#‎FindLauren‬
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #828 on: June 24, 2016, 07:29:15 AM »

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/2020-to-air-hour-long-lauren-spierer-special-friday

'20/20' to air hour-long Lauren Spierer special Friday

The question of what happened to missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer has baffled investigators – and drawn the attention of ABC News' Brian Ross and former FBI agent Brad Garrett.

Garrett and Ross have spent the past year reworking the case, talking to those involved in it and discovering new leads.

"I was looking for a case that I thought we could maximize the use of social media to potentially solve it," Garrett said. "If you look at the age of Lauren Spierer and her friends, they use social media day in and day out to connect."

On Friday, their work will be unveiled in an hour-long 20/20 special on RTV6.

"This case has taken us to a number of trails," Garrett said. "In any case where someone is missing, first of all, look in their immediate circle. Because many times when people disappear, if it's not voluntarily, it's because someone in their immediate circle harmed them, or perhaps they died around them and  they did something with this person."

Asked whether he thinks in a year's time there will finally be an answer to Spierer's disappearance, Garrett said he believes so -- and he thinks the TV special will help bring that answer to light. 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: June 06, 2017, 10:05:34 PM »

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/crime/2017/06/03/spierer-family-still-searching-answers-6-years-later/367890001/

Spierer family still searching for answers, 6 years later
10:56 a.m. ET June 3, 2017

Charlene Spierer wants the kidnapper who took her daughter, Lauren, to know that she and her family haven't stopped searching.

"You chose the wrong girl from the wrong family. A mother, a father a sister," Charlene Spierer wrote in a brief Facebook post Saturday addressed to the kidnapper or kidnappers. "Only a skeptic would think we would ever stop searching for our daughter, stop seeking the truth and justice."

"You made decisions which sealed Lauren’s fate and inextricably joined our destinies," Charlene Spierer said. "I hope the nightmare we wake from every morning is one that haunts your dreams as well. Six years of silence is long enough."

No arrests have been made in the case. Spierer's parents filed a lawsuit against Rosenbaum, Rossman, and his roommate, Michael Beth, claiming the men had a "duty to care" for their daughter after a night of heavy drinking, but a judge dismissed the suit.

Bloomington police have pursued more than 3,500 tips in the investigation, which remains ongoing.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: June 06, 2017, 10:09:10 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Lauren.Spierer.Family.Updates/

June 3 at 4:18am ·
On June 3, 2011 you made decisions which sealed Lauren’s fate and inextricably joined our destinies. You chose the wrong girl from the wrong family. A mother, a father a sister. Only a skeptic would think we would ever stop searching for our daughter, stop seeking the truth and justice. Anyone who knows us knows we haven’t stopped, will never stop. I hope the nightmare we wake from every morning is one that haunts your dreams as well. Six years of silence is long enough.

Lauren, you are always loved, forever in our hearts, never forgotten.

Charlene Spierer

If you have any information please contact us here through private message or through any of the following:

Bloomington Police Department -812.339.4477
 helpfindlauren@gmail.com
 Find Lauren – PO Box 1226 – Bloomington, IN 47402
 Beau Dietl & Associates – 800.777.9366
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: January 02, 2018, 08:04:48 PM »

January 1, 2018
https://www.facebook.com/Lauren.Spierer.Family.Updates/posts/1946501458712907

Yesterday at 7:12am

A private investigator said to me early in Lauren’s investigation, “It’s easy to remember the truth but it’s hard to remember the lies.” I will never forget that statement because we know lies have been forgotten leaving only the haunting, unspoken truth.

Too many New Years have come and gone since Lauren’s disappearance - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and now 2018. This time of the year is without a doubt one of the most difficult. Holidays and Lauren’s birthday, back to back. We, Rob, Rebecca and I all navigate the days in our own ways but rest assured Lauren is with us every passing moment.

I could not have imagined on June 3, 2011 that my life would ever have any semblance of normalcy. Unfortunately, that word will never be applied to our lives. You learn to live with routines which get you through your days, weeks, months, years. We will never know normal. Some of the things taken for granted in ordinary families are so far removed from ours it’s difficult to fathom. They range from every day contact to sharing life events, a wedding, a birth and yes sadly death. What I wouldn’t give to hear Lauren’s voice or even just to notice a text on my phone. Something so simple as a text. My heart breaks at the thought of it. Well, those responsible will never be able to imagine. I have said it before and I know it’s redundant but what could have been an accident in a few short hours became a crime. The worst nightmare any parent or sister could imagine.

There have been some changes since Lauren’s disappearance. In June of 2011 we were not allowed to use drones to help with our search. There was no justification, maybe politics, but it was a devastating blow to our search efforts. How much easier it would have been to explore ravines, lakes, rivers, wells and forests with the aid of those drones. Now you can get a package delivered. There have been more tragic deaths as the result of poor decisions on the part of young people. What has changed, those who could have done something to save a life are now held accountable in some instances. These senseless deaths are so incredibly devastating, just as Lauren’s disappearance was. She was with people who could have gotten her help and yet they did nothing. Lauren was so close to safety, she was in her apartment building but never made it to her door. Instead, she was lead out of her building by the person she was with. I will never understand that and the reason has never been given. The final show of chivalry, letting Lauren leave an apartment with no phone, no shoes, no keys.

We will never know the truth until someone comes forward to tell it.

There are those we are close to who have complete faith we will know the truth some day and justice will be served. I hope that is the case. I have to thank all of those people who continue to follow Lauren’s case, offer their support and try to help keep her case alive. To all the police officers, detectives, private detectives, members of private organizations who continue to and search for answers, we will be forever grateful. To all the families who have suffered a tragic loss, who have gotten answers they never wanted or who continue to wait for answers, my heart goes out to you.

The last quote I share is one shared with me a few years ago….
 "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
 -Edmund Burke-

Hoping 2018 is the year for truth. Hoping today is the day.
 Charlene Spierer

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: January 02, 2018, 08:11:03 PM »

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/monroe-county/bloomington/lauren-spierers-family-hopes-2018-is-the-year-for-truth

Lauren Spierer's family hopes '2018 is the year for truth'
By: Jordan Fischer
Posted: 8:59 PM, Jan 1, 2018
Updated: 10:12 PM, Jan 1, 2018

Despite a lack of updates in the case, Bloomington police have consistently said they do not consider it to be cold.

In November, Brown County Prosecutor Ted Adams said he believes Daniel Messel – the man convicted of killing another Indiana University student, Hannah Wilson – may be connected to Spierer’s disappearance. To date, Messel has never been charged in connection with the Spierer case.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: June 03, 2018, 07:35:20 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/Lauren.Spierer.Family.Updates/posts/2129016513794733

44 mins ·
Lauren’s disappearance has been and continues to be the most heart wrenching experience of our lives. Going forward after June 3, 2011, has been our biggest challenge.

Seven years later, we continue our search for Lauren, for truth, for justice. Our sincerest of thanks to those who have stood by our sides since June 3, 2011 and who continue to do so. I remember writing a few short months after Lauren’s disappearance that I never thought I would see an October without answers. I never could have imagined we would still be searching for Lauren seven years later. I end this now as I start each morning, hoping today will be the day….

Loving you, Lauren, every second of every day.

Mom, Dad and Rebecca

https://www.facebook.com/Lauren.Spierer.Family.Updates/photos/rpp.225047564191647/575484175814649/?type=3&theater

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: June 04, 2018, 12:36:28 PM »

https://www.wthr.com/article/lauren-spierer-7-years-since-her-disappearance

Lauren Spierer: 7 years since her disappearance
Published: Jun 3rd, 2018 - 4:57pm (EDT)
Updated: Jun 4th, 2018 - 4:34am (EDT)

INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) — Today marks seven years since Indiana University student Lauren Spierer disappeared in Bloomington.

And despite thousands of tips, we still don't know what happened to her.

The 20-year-old sophomore vanished on June 3, 2011 after a night out partying with friends.

But she never made it home.

•COMPLETE COVERAGE: Lauren Spierer Disappearance

Friends say they last saw her walking alone in an alley.

Bloomington Police are still investigating this case.

Lauren's parents continue to work with a private investigator.

Charlene Spierer today described what she calls the most heart-wrenching experience of their lives.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: June 03, 2019, 11:18:31 PM »

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2019/06/03/lauren-spierer-disappearance-family-asks-brutal-truth/1328869001/

Lauren Spierer case: 8 years later, family asks for the 'brutal truth' of answers
Vic Ryckaert, Indianapolis StarPublished 12:24 p.m. ET June 3, 2019 | Updated 2:00 p.m. ET June 3, 2019

It's been eight years of not knowing for Lauren Spierer's family, but they say they still hope someone will eventually reveal the "brutal truth."

Charlene Spierer, Lauren's mother, marked the eighth anniversary of the Indiana University student's disappearance by posting a plea for information on Facebook on Monday.

"The not knowing is almost unbearable," Spierer wrote. "Over the course of these last eight years we have tried our hardest to get answers but the brutal truth, the only truth, is that any resolution depends on someone willing to come forward with information."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: June 10, 2020, 07:43:18 PM »

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/lauren-spierers-family-still-searching-9-years-after-her-disappearance

Lauren Spierer's family still searching 9 years after her disappearance
Posted at 2:36 PM, Jun 03, 2020 and last updated 1:36 PM, Jun 03, 2020

BLOOMINGTON — Lauren Spierer's family is still searching for answers nine years after she disappeared.

Spierer, a 20-year-old Indiana University sophomore, disappeared after a night of partying with friends on June 3, 2011 in downtown Bloomington. It was the last time anyone saw her.

In a post on their official Facebook page, Spierer's family said they have spent the past nine years following every lead that has come their way with all either being "dead ends or lies."

Anyone with information about Spierer's disappearance should call the Bloomington Police Department at 812-339-4471, Beau Dietl & Associates at 1-800-777-9366, send an email to helpfindlauren@gmail.com or send a message to Find Lauren, PO Box 1226, Bloomington, IN 47402.
-------------------
Family's Facebook pagehttps://findlauren.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.