April 23, 2024, 01:00:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who molested Casey Anthony?
George Anthony - 2 (2.4%)
Lee Anthony - 2 (2.4%)
Nobody - she made it up just like she made up Zanny - 81 (95.3%)
Total Voters: 84

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 12- 6/7/2011  (Read 358528 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: June 07, 2011, 11:46:11 AM »

Awwww he knew the dog's birthday! That just melted my heart!   

Me too 

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: June 07, 2011, 11:46:17 AM »

adorable. i really like this witness!!!!! made me think of how i used to get my dog a bone and a treat on his bday every year.  i think the jury is really going to like this witness
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: June 07, 2011, 11:46:20 AM »

What if they bring a dog in, line up all those cans they have, and see if the dog hits?

Now that makes sense!

However ... I would suggest that the dogs, handlers, prosecutor and defence are transported to nowhere, Florida to conduct the exercise.

Janet

... and jury.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #423 on: June 07, 2011, 11:47:39 AM »

Re: chloroform testimony:

When Vass got off the stand yesterday, it was likely that everyone hearing the testimony had a pretty clear opinion as to the significance of the chloroform in the trunk. The FBI witness has allowed for the possibility of that opinion to be muddied. I think that's much more likely for a juror that is predisposed to find Casey innocent, but I wish this witness from the FBI hadn't been part of this case or at least testified BEFORE Vass.

JMO.
I totally agree.  I wonder if the jury will discount his testimony all together - or if they're even allowed to do that? 

Ok, still trying to catch up and get an answer...so, this last FBI guy admitted that he hadn't tested air for chloroform before, is that correct? And what was the mistake I heard the prosecution had made wrt giving someone the wrong can????

Thanks

You are correct.  The FBI guy has never tested air for chloroform.  The mistake came from Dr. Vass identifying the wrong can for the prosecution.  They brought him back today to correct the error.  No biggie on that.  Hope that helps some. 

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #424 on: June 07, 2011, 11:48:09 AM »

I love this witness.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #425 on: June 07, 2011, 11:48:41 AM »

When Vass got off the stand yesterday, it was likely that everyone hearing the testimony had a pretty clear opinion as to the significance of the chloroform in the trunk. The FBI witness has allowed for the possibility of that opinion to be muddied. I think that's much more likely for a juror that is predisposed to find Casey innocent, but I wish this witness from the FBI hadn't been part of this case or at least testified BEFORE Vass.

JMO.
I totally agree.  I wonder if the jury will discount his testimony all together - or if they're even allowed to do that? 

Ok, still trying to catch up and get an answer...so, this last FBI guy admitted that he hadn't tested air for chloroform before, is that correct? And what was the mistake I heard the prosecution had made wrt giving someone the wrong can????

Thanks

Apparently JA gave Dr. Vass the wrong can to identify during his testimony....... at any rate Dr. Vass identified the wrong can. That was cleared up earlier today and Dr. Vass was brought back to clear it up.
As far as the chloroform testimony, all I can say is the testimony was confusing. I need to listen to it again.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #426 on: June 07, 2011, 11:48:50 AM »

Zoomomology- I hear you.  The overwhelming issue for the defense though is there's no need for chloroform in a trunk period. The secondary issue for them is that there is no logical (i.e. naturally occurring ) source for chloroform found in the suspects trunk with the victim's decomposition fluids and the victim's root-banded hair. The third issue is the amount of chloroform necessary to leave detectable residue 31 days later in FL temps, as chloroform is unstable and readily dissipates.  Which brings us full circle to issue number 1. What logical reasons would a 21 year old have for driving around a car with chloroform in the trunk? With the odor of decomp.? Not trying to be argumentative here and I do see your point about physically tying the chloroform to Casey.  That's where the computer searches tie in though, for recipes to make chloroform= means. No one else had possession of the car in the 31 days= opportunity.  Casey was telling friends she, alone, was getting the house= motive.  JMO

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #427 on: June 07, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »

JMO.

Thanks

The can issue was a simple misidentification by Dr Vass yesterday between two cans & it was corrected on the record.

Thanks, so it was only misidentified in court and not in the testing process........phew, I feel better about that, but on my other qusetion..had this FBI guy ever tested for chloroform in the air or in the carpets??

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: June 07, 2011, 11:49:35 AM »

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Jury is listening intently

http://twitter.com/#!/KBelichWFTV

KerryNBC Kerry Sanders
#CaseyAnthony Deputy/dog handler has tablets with him that create odor of drowning victim. The defense theory: Caylee drowned.

http://twitter.com/#!/KerryNBC

Edit-  links are correct, but need to use hyperlink.  See how to:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9830.msg1336496#msg1336496

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:59:39 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #429 on: June 07, 2011, 11:51:01 AM »

Zoomomology- I hear you.  The overwhelming issue for the defense though is there's no need for chloroform in a trunk period. The secondary issue for them is that there is no logical (i.e. naturally occurring ) source for chloroform found in the suspects trunk with the victim's decomposition fluids and the victim's root-banded hair. The third issue is the amount of chloroform necessary to leave detectable residue 31 days later in FL temps, as chloroform is unstable and readily dissipates.  Which brings us full circle to issue number 1. What logical reasons would a 21 year old have for driving around a car with chloroform in the trunk? With the odor of decomp.? Not trying to be argumentative here and I do see your point about physically tying the chloroform to Casey.  That's where the computer searches tie in though, for recipes to make chloroform= means. No one else had possession of the car in the 31 days= opportunity.  Casey was telling friends she, alone, was getting the house= motive.  JMO

Oh, I agree.  I am sure she used chloroform, just not sure how she used it, but it is the jury that needs to be convinced, and the last witness, I don't think did anything to further that in the jury's minds.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: June 07, 2011, 11:51:19 AM »

The Dogs

Crime Expert Analyzes Casey Anthony Case, Evidence
POSTED: 4:04 pm EDT July 23, 2008
UPDATED: 4:17 pm EDT July 23, 2008

The Anthony's Backyard: Involved a tip that Casey Anthony borrowed a shovel from a neighbor. Two cadaver dogs pointed to the smell of decomposition near Caylee's playhouse.

Casey Anthony's Car: Detectives reported a different dog alerted to the same strong smell in the trunk after the white Pontiac had been abandoned in a parking lot

http://www.wftv.com/news/16968013/detail.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #431 on: June 07, 2011, 11:52:17 AM »

JMO.

Thanks

You are correct.  The FBI guy has never tested air for chloroform.  The mistake came from Dr. Vass identifying the wrong can for the prosecution.  They brought him back today to correct the error.  No biggie on that.  Hope that helps some. 
    Yes it did!!! Now, I can go back to work and finish up so I can get out of here for graduation. Thanks bunches 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: June 07, 2011, 11:52:51 AM »

anthonycase WOFL
#caseyanthony's defense team has two huge binders filled with information on deputy k9's and bones, both used in this case to sniff decomp

http://twitter.com/#!/anthonycase
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #433 on: June 07, 2011, 11:54:53 AM »

I could be wrong and maybe misunderstood.  I'm very confused by his testimony.

I don't think he hurt the State's chloroform evidence, but I don't think he helped..he was very confusing

_____

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #434 on: June 07, 2011, 11:55:36 AM »

[quote author=ZooMomology link=topic=10313.msg1381546#msg1381546

Oh, I agree.  I am sure she used chloroform, just not sure how she used it, but it is the jury that needs to be convinced, and the last witness, I don't think did anything to further that in the jury's minds.
[/quote]
I completely agree.
Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #435 on: June 07, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »

anthonycase WOFL
#caseyanthony's defense team has two huge binders filled with information on deputy k9's and bones, both used in this case to sniff decomp

Oh no.  More 'crap slinging' from the duhfense coming up.   

Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #436 on: June 07, 2011, 11:56:40 AM »

I could be wrong and maybe misunderstood.  I'm very confused by his testimony.

I don't think he hurt the State's chloroform evidence, but I don't think he helped..he was very confusing

ITA Sunny.  Well put. 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: June 07, 2011, 11:57:10 AM »

anthonycase WOFL

We have all witnessed already who the attack dogs are versus canine heros that help with criminal investigation as will as search & rescue.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #438 on: June 07, 2011, 11:57:57 AM »

anthonycase WOFL

I'm so sorry to hear that....... ugh! Maybe it also contains prospective sidebar conversation and what they really have on the handler and dog is a couple of pages?   

LUNCH RECESS.......
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: June 07, 2011, 11:58:34 AM »

Special lunch for the jury today (Italian or steak dinners.)

Judge Perry tries to take such good care of the jury!

Recess until 1:30

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.