April 25, 2024, 10:40:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MAGIC EYES RECAPS  (Read 108652 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 10:21:43 PM »

2pm New witness on the stand..........

This witness works at Saw Grass Apts.  Did you check to see if Ms Gonzales was a tenant?  Yes I did, she wasn't.  I am having tech difficulties with CNN gonna find another stream.  Trying all streams and can not find one that works......I will keep trying.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2011, 10:23:11 PM »

Found a link...........11:04
Sgt Posey is on the stand, Linda is questioning......

Missed some of it due to tech diff.  What was his job?  To take over the scene.  Did you direct the LE to take written statements?  Yes, I did.  Did that include Casey?  Yes, it did.  What happened then?  I walked and talked with Casey, to find out about her missing daughter.  Was this after you knew that the child was missing or kidnapped?  Just missing.  Did you see Casey return from Saw Grass without the child?  Yes I did.  Did you ask where else the child could be?  Yes I did, she said she was with the nanny, Zenaida.  Did you then take Casey for a walk?  Yes, I walked her away, her and her mother weren't getting along and Casey told him that her mother was trying to take the baby from her, I just wanted to let her know, we weren't there to take the baby away.  What did Casey tell you?  That she wanted to keep her mom from getting the child from her.  Did you have any further success, finding the child?  No, I did not.  What did you do next?  I called Det Yuri Melich.
Linda is done..............

Mason is up..............

Your are out of uniform, why are you out of uniform? Are you still LE, are you a det?  No, I just wanted to wear a suit today and look nice. I am now a Lt. How many sectors do you control? 6.  How many were there when you got there? 3 marked patrol cars.  Do you know how long the other deputies had been there before you got there?  I want to say 45 min before I got there.  Do you know what the call was for? Yes.  The call was for a stolen car, did you find out that was bogus?  No.  Was Casey handcuffed?  I don't know.  Did you hear anyone ask to take the handcuffs off?  No.  Not for any purpose? Yes.  Since then have you found out that she was indeed handcuffed?  Yes.  It was not in your presence?  I don't remember her being handcuffed.  Did you see her being driven to Saw Grass?  Yes, sir.  Did you see her put in the cage of the patrol car? Yes that was where Casey was put, in the rear of the vehicle.  When you approached the property of Hopespring Dr was that your first time there?  Yes.  Was the car in the garage?  Was the car trunk opened? Yes.  Did you call CSI?  No, I didn't.  Did you write any reports about the car?  No I didn't.  When you went for a walk with Casey were you in full uniform?  Yes.  How far did you walk with her?  40 yards.  Did you or anyone else advise her of her Miranda Rights?  No.  Did she have anyway to get out of Acevido's patrol car?  Yes, she could of asked to be let out.  Could she have gotten out on her own?  No, they can't be unlocked from the inside.  Were you present when Casey came back from Saw Grass?  Did she say see ya, gonna go out for the night now?  No, she didn't.  Was she kept there till Det Melich was called?  She was talking with 3 deputies.  Do you know how long it was before Det Melich arrived?  One and a half to two hours.  So Casey was in the house with all of those deputies for all that time?  No, they went in and out and walked around the house.  All the LE stayed that whole time? Yes.  You weren't gonna let Casey leave were you?  I can't say that.  What happened when Det Melich arrived?  Det Melich took over the case.  You are not part of any of the chain of custody, including your walk with Casey are you? No.  So you are the same as the protesters that came to the house?  What?  I don't get it and it made no sense.

Linda up...............

Were you advised by Casey that the child was alive and well? Yes.  Were you advised that the child was with the babysitter that night?  Yes.  Did Casey tell you that she wanted her mother kept away from the child?  Yes.  Were you there with all of the armed deputies?  Yes.  Do you remember George, Cindy, Lee, and Casey being there?  Yes.  Did you know that Lee left?  No.  Did you tell Lee or anyone else they couldn't leave?  No.  Do you know if you would of told Dep Acevido to tell Casey that she was going free and willingly?  Yes.  When Casey came back did you or anyone else tell her that she couldn't leave? No.  Did she walk and talk with you freely? Yes.

Mason up.................

Was George upset or calm?  Generally calm but upset.  Did he advise you he was an ex cop?  Yes he did.  Was Cindy upset?  She was upset, fearful, angry and calm.  Did Casey have a flat effect?  Yes, she did.  You know what a flat effect means right?  Yes I do.

Court is in recess for 15 minutes.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2011, 10:24:43 PM »

2:52 Court is back from recess.......

Next witness is Det. Yuri Melich.  Linda is questioning...........

How are you employed?  With OC Sheriff Office for 10 years.  In 2008 did you have a different assignment?  Yes I was the Det Cpl for the Child Abuse Unit.  Prior to your promotion to that Unit, what did you do?  I was in the Homicide Unit for 2 years, prior to that I was in Home Burglary Unit.  Prior to that were you on a Patrol Unit?  Yes I was.  Were you called by Sgt Posey to Hopespring Drive?  I was.  Did you contact Casey when you arrived?  I did.  Were you aware that she gave written statements prior to your arrival?  I was.  Linda showing him Casey's written statement.  Were you provided that upon your arrival to the house?  Yes, I was.  Did you ask Casey if this was her statement?  I did.  Did you ask her if she filled this out?  I did.  Baez is objecting, JBP is looking at the statement.  Linda says that this statement has been verified.  Objection over ruled.  Statement taken into evidence and handed back to Det. Melich.  Published to the jury.  Baez tries to object again and JBP tells him, it's in now. lol.  Renewed objections on record.
Det Melich you see the doc in front of you?  I do.  Showing Casey's written statement.  He is reading the statement to the jury. Talks about Caylee, her age description and what she was wearing.  On Mon June 8th between 9am and 1pm, I dropped my daughter off with Zenaida Hernandaz-Gonzales.  I went to work and when I came back, no one was there and Caylee was not there.  I stayed there for awhile and paced back and forth and went to Jay Blanchard Park looking for my daughter.  I have been staying where I felt comfortable, with my bf Tony L.  I have been searching for her, here, there and everywhere from popular bars to blah blah blah. 

It goes on lie after lie, this is a statement that we have all read a lot of times.  She insists that Zanny has her and doesn't know if she will ever see her again..................

Did you speak with Casey that day? Yes.  Was it in the spare bedroom?  Yes.  Did you record your conversation with her?  Yes.  Linda is putting the recording into evidence over defense objections.  Is the transcript an accurate version of what was on the tape?  Yes.

The tape of the meeting between Casey Anthony and Det Melich is being played to the jury in the courtroom.

Asking her about her statement and asking her if it is true, she says yes, he tells her this is being recorded.  He warns her against fabricating a story.  Asks her if she wants to stick with this story, she says she wants to stick with it.  They go over her statement of what Casey says happened with Caylee.  It is all the same lies about Zanny and Saw Grass.  She goes into details about Saw Grass.  Has known Zanny for 4 years.  Talks about Jeffery Michael Hopkins who worked with her at universal.  She talks about his son and the fact that he has moved recently.  She says she got a new phone through Universal for work but she lost it.  She says she has one other number for Zanny and Jeff on her other phone.  She is trying to figure out her sims card.  She filed an incident report with her job at universal.  Talking about phone charging problems.  She left the phone on her desk and was gone for 3 or 4 days, she made a report about the phone missing 9 days ago to the people at Universal.  She is going on and on about looking for a new nanny, Jeff helped her out with Zanny.  Lauren Gibbs watched Caylee before this.  wow the truth in there, LAUREN EXISTS!!!! but she quit sitting for Casey when she found out that Casey wasn't working and felt used.  She started taking Caylee to Zanny in 2006-2007 first at one place and then moved to Saw Grass.  She goes on and on..........the lies are endless, full of details and names and relatives of all the non-existent people. 

She dropped off Caylee on June 9th, 2008, went to work, came back to pick up Caylee and no one was there.  She called and the phone was no longer in service.  She sat on the steps and waited, no one came.  She went to Jay Blanchard Park.  She was upset and frantic and didn't want to go home, she didn't know what she would say.  So she went to her bf Tony's apt, a neutral place.  Did you tell Tony she was missing? No, she didn't but she called Jeff Hopkins and Zanny's mom named Gloria.  She has no numbers for any of these people on her sims cards.  All of their numbers have changed a couple of different times.  She does have a current number for Jeff, if she can just find that missing phone, lol.  Do you still work at Universal?  Yes, where does Juliette work, she works at Universal with me but her number just changed.  She no longer works at Universal with me, she just moved.  She went to Fusion Ultra Lounge to find Zanny and a few other bars.  The only people she told Caylee was kidnapped was Juliett Lewis and Jeff Hopkins, she has no numbers for them, because of that darn lost phone. lol
Why didn't you call prior to today?  I was naive to think that I could handle this myself and afraid of my parents involved.  Fear of Caylee being hurt, just fear of the unknown.  Did you hurt Caylee in anyway?  No sir.  Are you afraid to say something happened to her and what people may think of you?  No sir.  Did Zanny have another job?  She was a seasonal employee for Universal.  I want to talk about money you may have taken from other people do you take drugs......ecstacy,etc...etc..etc? No.  Casey is giving more info about Zenaida.  Telling about Caylee, her hair, eyes, birthmark.  Anything else?  I just want my daughter back.

Linda up..........
Det Melich, did you leave to go look at place Casey told you about?  Yes.  Where did you go?  One of the places, Zanny's family had lived there at one point.  Off Glenwood and Robinson, 301 N Hillside.  Casey pointed out two windows.  Did you come out to find that Casey's friends lived on Glenwood?  Yes, came to find out that Ricardo and Amy lived on Glenwood, Casey never mentioned that.  Where else did you go?  Saw Grass Apts, Casey directed him.  They never got out there.  Casey pointed out Apt #210.  Where else did you go?  To Town homes that Zenaida had once lived, she didn't remember which one.  Did you go anywhere else?  No.  What else did you do? It was getting light out and Casey was gonna show him which Apt door to knock on, she never picked an apt out.  What time is it now?  Just after 6am.  Where did you go next with Casey?  I drove her home.  Did she have her cell phone?  I don't know, I didn't have it.  What did you do then?  I dropped her off at home, we had small talk and I told her I would look for Caylee.  Linda is done............

Baez is questioning Det. Yuri Melich. 

Do you ever go by the name Dick Tracy Orlando?  Objection JUST OMG!!!!
Baez wants to approach to tell JBP how this is relevant. 
Side bar..................

JBP is excusing the jury for 10 minutes for a legal matter.

How crazy is this? 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 10:25:59 PM »

4pm Going back on the record.

Baez is telling him that once a witness is on the stand you can ask him about his bias and credibility.  JBP says what specifically are you talking about?  Just the fact that LE was blogging about this case shows his bias.  JBP says are you saying he was unprofessional?  Baez says yes.  JBP is now citing case law to Baez.  The case law he is citing was done by a judge friend of his on a death penalty case.  Involving a detective in the case.  Citing more law, the appellate attack on the detective's professionalism was not upheld.  Too broad for impeachment, need to find something in the blog, specific to credibility.

Baez giving an example, Sept 29th date, JBP does not have this one.  Baez is going to put it on the overhead for all to see. 

"A true missing person investigation is a murder investigation case without a body".

Baez says that when faced that this was an accident, he chose to go with a murder case.

JBP says what puts this on record of this being an accident?

Baez says, that George and Cindy both told him it could of been an accident.

JBP wants to know what in a pool besides a body could indicate a drowning?

Baez says, blood, hair other evidence. On and on...if you don't look you will never know.  The LE was so clever they came up with air in a car but not clever enough to look in the pool.

Jeff says, the court asks what record evidence is there that the child drowned?  There is none, other than the defense saying she did.  Jeff is citing law.  The underlying bias is relevant to the issues of credibility is not relevant.  This shows nothing and is inadmissible.  Jeff says, that Cindy did not say that she told Det Melich about a ladder.  That would have to come up.  Do these blogs show a bias against this client, no.  These blogs were made while he was home recovering from a broken leg.

MOTION DENIED----------------NO DICK TRACY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mason asking for something, can't hear him.  JBP says he will look into it.

Baez says he will not to try to use any other blogs.  He wants to inquire to his supervisor reprimanding Det. Melich but Baez says himself he can't use it, lol.  JBP didn't know about the reprimand.  He is asking Baez which post has to do with this case?  JBP is reading the only relevant comment about this is a comment that Yuri can't comment on the case, it is only for his recovery from his broken leg.  JBP reads a very general in nature post and he even says that he wants to find Caylee.  Baez says he still wants to bring this up at a later date and JBP says ok.  For now it won't be mentioned.

Five minute recess................

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2011, 10:27:26 PM »

4:35 Court is back in session......

Det. Yuri Melich on the stand. Baez questioning. 

Det Melich, you arrived on the scene at 4am?  Yes.  The first thing you did was meet with Dep. Posey? Yes.  Without giving us any info, can you give us a general idea of what was going on when you arrived?  A missing person case.  What else?  Stolen money, something like that.  Were you aware that they took Casey to Saw Grass Apts at that time?  Yes but I don't know who took her.  Did you have any other information about Casey's actions that evening?  He saw the statement of Casey.  Did you feel sufficiently informed of the situation when you arrived?  I knew I was there for a missing child.  Did you see the Pontiac that night?  I don't recall.  Do you remember anyone talking about the car?  Yes, eventually someone told me about the car.  Were you aware that the child was missing?  Yes.  You never secured the car?  No.  You never called CSI? No.  You never secured that car in any way? No.  One of the first things you looked at with Ms Anthony was she was a suspect?  No, I thought she had a missing child.  Did you tell anyone to take the handcuffs off Casey? No, I didn't know she was in handcuffs.  You didn't think after you read her statement, she was a suspect?  No.  Her version is suspect to you, her story is suspect to you and she is not a suspect. No, she was not a suspect.  Did you read her statement over?  Did you notice that part of her statement was in quotations?  Yes.  That is the only part of her statement that is in quotations? Yes.  Do you think that something put in quotations it is to stand out, make important? No.  You later document in your report that she went somewhere to feel safe and you put feel safe in quotes. Did you put that in quotes to make that important?  No, I don't know why I put this in quotes.  The statements that you took from her that we heard awhile ago, do you have one with you? No, not with me.  Baez gives him one.  You are basically telling her she is fabricating her story aren't you?  No, I was making sure she was correct in her statement.  She tells you that she had known Zanny for 4 years?  Yes, almost 4 years.  She tells you that she was introduced to Zanny by Jeffrey Michael Hopkins, when you question her about Jeffrey Michael Hopkins she cannot give you any info on him?  Yes, she told me he worked at Universal.  Baez is going in circles I can't make sense enough of his questions to type them.  Asking about the Sim cards? Det Melich says he was just trying to confirm the info about the Sims cards.  You state has she spoke to anyone else and she says Juliette Lewis, she states she is one of my co-workers at Universal Studios.  You then to go on to ask her about a phone number for Juliette? Yes.  Then she tells you she is in New York and doesn't work at Universal anymore?  Yes.  But she has no number for this person?  She said she didn't have one.  Did you tell her this makes no sense?  I can't tell you what I felt, I can't tell you this was unique.  She only gave you two outcry witnesses and you weren't think at that specific moment that was unique?  Sustained.  You did nothing to identify these two individuals did you?  Yes, I went to Universal.  You ask her if she has a drug problem about cocaine,meth ecstasy and prescriptions narcotics?  Yes.  Then you ask her if she ever COMMITTED SUICIDE?  Yuri says no, cuz then she would be dead.  Laughter and Baez changes it to attempting to commit suicide?  Yuri says yes.  Baez asks if he asked her if she had been to Lakeside (mental health facility)?  Yes.  Did you ask her all of this because something just wasn't right?  I asked her because it was a normal way to proceed with an interview.  Asked about Casey having seizures, objection sustained.  Do you have a copy of your report sir? No.  Baez is showing Linda something.  Baez is done............

Det. Melich excused subject to recall.  JBP excusing the jurors. 

JBP says as of Friday where they think they are and when they will be wrapping their case up and when the defense will need to start.  LDB said numerically half-way with case in chief.  Scientific witness may take longer.  By the end of the week they could be up to witness number 49.  A lot of it will be marking evidence.  JBP will have another clerk ready to mark evidence and cart it away.  They will be playing the jail visitation videos within the next days.  Baez may have a slight chance of redacting but they think it will all be admissible.  They have all transcripts but a 2 hour visit with George and Cindy because of an error of possible duplication.  It may not be ready till Friday.  LDB says that she will have copies of the transcripts.  JBP does not want to read them tonight, he read enough to read last night.  Baez says that he may slow things down, what is new?  Baez is begging for JAC money for out of state witnesses, they need it five days in advance.  JBP asked for the motions and Baez says they are not ready, what  is new? 

Court is adjourned for the day till 9am tomorrow.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2011, 05:22:24 PM »

Good Morning monkeys 

Hoping for a good day of Just us for Caylee.  ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2011, 05:23:38 PM »

9:00am Court is session:

State first witness is Jeffrey Hopkins, they are returning the jury:

How old are you? 26.  Do you know Casey?  Yes, since middle school.  Just acquaintances.  Worked at Universal Studios in 2002, never worked with Casey.  Never introduced Casey Anthony to Zenaida, never lived in Jacksonville.  Met her in 2008 at the Ale house, it was unexpected, not planned they were both just there at the same time.  Made small talk, exchanged numbers.  Never saw her again since July 7, 2008.  Got mass text msgs from Casey concerning Fusion.  Doesn't know Zanny, never introduced Casey to Zanny.  Casey never told him Caylee was missing.  Mr George done.     

Baez questioning,
Are you Jeffrey Michael Hopkins, No.  Only knew Casey in school.  They may of had a crush on each other.  Never had a son Zach.  Never knew anything about Zanny the Nanny.  All of these stories do not pertain to him and he knows nothing about what happened to Caylee.

Mr George questioning,

When did LE first contact you? July 16th, you are not the Jeffery Hopkins in this case?  No

Next witness, Leonard Turtora,

Works at Universal, security, works with Orlando Police.  Met Det Melich, Det Allen and Det Wells assisted them.  Asked him if Casey was a current employee?  Found that she was not a current employee but found out that she had been employed by a Third Party business, not Universal.  She was employed by Color Vision but not since April 2006.  He checked for Jeffrey Hopkins, he was employed from late 2001 to 2002.  He checked for Juliet Lewis, she was never employed.  He checked for Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales and Zenaida Gonzales, she was never employed. He checked for her boss Tom Manly, he was never employed.  He talked to Casey Anthony on speaker phone but he didn't know what she was talking about.  He heard her agree to come to Universal.  They later came to Universal.  He met Det. Melich, Allen, Wells and Casey Anthony at Universal.  They parked 50 feet from the security gate.  He asked her if she was a current employee and she didn't have her ID on her, she said she didn't know if she had her ID number, she did not.  She said she worked in events.  He asked planning or entertainment, she said a little of both, that was not possible.  They looked her up in the data base and her supposed boss and he didn't exist.  She started walking them to a building that he knew that it was not the Event's building.  They kept walking and Det Melich asked Mr. Turtora if this was the Event building?  He said no.  Casey put her hands in her back pockets and said she did not work there.  Det Melich, other Detectives and Casey went into a conference room.  He saw a Det come out once to use a cell phone.  They were then done in the room and left the property.

Mason questioning,
Did you already know by the time they got there, that Casey didn't work there?  Did you know it was a sham?  No.  Did you make it clear to the det that she didn't work there?  You verified it in the computer? Yes.  You knew she was only working there as a 3rd party?  Yes.  Was Casey crying? No.  Det Allen and Det Wells were also there.  Even though you knew you she didn't work there, you let her walk to an arbitrary building?  Yes sir.  Took two minutes to walk to the building.  Let her walk to the building, walk down a hallway and let her say I don't work here.  Mason is blaming it on this guy.  Mason says they already knew she didn't work there.  No one gave her Miranda rights, took her to a small room.  Mason trying to show how small a room it was that they took her in.  She went in the small room with 3 detectives.  She was in the small room with the detectives for 30 to 40 minutes.  Did he check on her boss Tom Manley? Yes, was he real or imaginary?  Imaginary.

Linda up........
Casey knew she didn't work there, she knew when she came to the gate she didn't work there? Correct.  She maintained this charade?  Correct.  Did the detectives handcuff her?  No.  Did she appear to resist them?  No.  When they emerged from the room, did she appear upset? No, she was asking them about still looking for missing children in other states.
Witness excused.

Next witness, Det Yuri Melich......Linda is questioning.
Sidebar..............Back from sidebar.

Did you drop off Casey at her house at 6am July 16, 2008?  Yes.  What time did you arrive at Universal?  9:30.  Why did you take her to Universal?  Casey told him she had outcry witnesses there and she had no numbers for them, Zenaida also was a seasonal employee.  She had also mentioned a lost phone at Universal.  He though the suspect was Zenaida Gonzales, who Casey said had Caylee.  He put Casey on speaker phone with Leonard Turtora and asked her if he could take her to Universal.  He asked her for her work phone and extension and who her bosses name was.  There were no such numbers or boss.  He asked her if she would come to Universal and show him her office?  She said yes.  Det Allen and Wells went to get Casey and brought her to Universal.  She wanted to come and show them her office.  She arrived at Universal with the detectives within the hour.  He saw her first at the security gate, she was not in handcuffs, they were not in uniform.  They made no threats to her.  What happened when she got there.  Casey talked to the security guard and said she was an employee and didn't have her ID, she gave a name of a boss.  The security guard knew she wasn't an employee but she was very convincing and was sure she could show them her office.  Mr. Tutorra signed them in.  Casey led them to a building, they didn't know where she was going to take them.  She just started walking.  Linda is showing Det Melich a picture of the layout of Universal.  Published to the jury.  It shows the path that Casey took them on to find her office at Universal.  Red arrows showing the path that Casey took to find her office.  From where they parked to where she stopped and said she didn't work there.  Halfway down the hallway, Casey stops, puts her hands in her back pocket and says she does not work there.  Publishing a picture of the hallway to the jury.  Mr Turtora found them a small room in the same building to talk with Casey.  She agreed to speak with them.  Linda is now showing a picture of the small room they talked in.  Looks like a nice clean room with blue walls and a nice white couch and white chair, paintings on the wall.  The furniture the day they were there were in different spots, other than that everything is the same.  They sat on the nice white furniture.  Det Melich and Casey on the couch.  Det Wells and Allen were also there.  They taped the conversation.  Casey was not under arrest.  Casey did not say she wanted to leave.  Casey knew that she was being recorded, the recorder was in plain sight.  Linda is asking about the audio they made that day.  Det.  Melich says that the audio and the transcript is true and accurate.  Linda is entering them into evidence over previous motions and objections.  Received into evidence.  Statement is just over an hour.  Linda is going to publish this to the jury.  The judge is going to play it for the jury but it will last an hour so he is giving them a 10 minute recess.

Recess until 10:10

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2011, 05:25:09 PM »

10:10 Court is in session:

Det Melich is the witness, Linda is up........

Jury is going to listen to the audio and see the transcript of the Universal recording:

Date is July 16, 2008.  Det Melich, Allen, Wells, Casey.  She is agreeing to this taping.  Det Melich is telling Casey that everything has been a lie.  Casey is saying uh huh.  He wants her to stop the lying.  She says not everything she told him is a lie.  She still does not know where Caylee is.  He is telling her they have 30yrs experience.  They know she is lying.  It is like a snowball going down hill, she needs to stop it.  You know where Caylee is and we need to find her.  Caylee may not be in good shape or the way your family last remembers her but we need to find her.  We need to end this.  Casey says I don't know where Caylee is and this wouldn't be happening if she did.  Melich is telling her Zanny is a lie, her job is a lie, everything is a lie.  I could look at you as a person who is scared, or a person is a cold, callous monster, one of those two options.  You seem bright, are you scared or are you this cold callous person.  Casey said she is scared because she doesn't know where her daughter is.  Det Wells, says your whole reason for being here is helping to find your daughter right.  Casey says right.  Det Wells says all you have done is lie, this whole trip here is a lie.  You let us walk all the way to your office, right.  Casey says I understand how this looks.  Det Wells, says over the years I have made mistakes, you make mistakes, we all make mistakes.  You need to own up to making a mistake.  We know that you are afraid but you keep lying.  That makes no sense unless you just don't care.  You want us to find your daughter but your not helping.  You have given bad address, take us to a place you don't work, do you see how bad this looks?  By hiding this, by burying this, you are making everything worse, make everyone suffer.  Admit that something horrible happened, tell your parents.  How old are you? 22.  Go to your parents and tell them what happened, don't let them suffer, don't let everyone suffer.  Say your sorry and let them forgive you.  When is the last time someone hurt you and lied over and over, doesn't it get worse?  Casey says yes it does.  Det Wells, says he has sat down with mothers who have run over their babies, babies who have drowned in swimming pools.  He has also seen people who have done bad things to their babies and lied about it and people didn't want to help them.  He is trying to give Casey a way to talk to them.  Just let them know what happened and they can try to help her explain what happened.  A young mother could come forward and say something horrible happened.  Casey says the only horrible thing that happened was that I left my daughter with Zenaida.  Det Melich says if that was the truth, Zenaida would exist and we wouldn't be at a job you haven't worked at in years.  None of this makes sense.  If something happened to Caylee, let us know, you were a young mother and something horrible happened, my life isn't good, things are wrong and you made a mistake.  The other way just  makes you look like a cold, liar, tell me the truth.  When this snowball hits the bottom of the hill everyone is going to be hurt.  Det Wells says stop me when I am wrong.  You took you daughter to the nanny.  Casey says I dropped her off at the bottom of the stairs, where I have before.  You never called the police, your parents did, after they found your car.  When the police get involved the first thing you do is lie to the detectives, you bring us out here where you don't work, right?  Casey is agreeing this is all true.  Det Wells, says does this sound reasonable to you?  I never called police, I looked for her on my own.  I got my parents car towed and they had to report Caylee missing, I gave the LE bad addresses, does this make sense to you?  Casey says she took them to where she took her daughter last.  Wells, says how did bringing us here, help your daughter?  We came here to look for clues, how is that helping find you daughter?  Casey said it's not.  She said Caylee has been here, maybe security can help us find her.  Caylee has been to Disney, Sea World maybe coming here can help find her.  The detective says, whoa, how can that help find her?  How can coming to an office that doesn't exist help?  Casey says I wanted to come out here and talk to security and see if they would help me.  Casey says, Jeff and Juliet Lewis did work here.  Casey says that what they told her.  Is Caylee daddy dead?  Yes, I have a copy of the obit somewhere on my computer.  Casey says Zanny has an ID, she has seen it, Casey has an ID, her parents have seen it.  They ask her why did they come here.  Casey says no purpose to come up here.  Casey says I am trying to think of places to find her.  Detective says she is not helping by not answering questions and going off with stories about other things.  Casey says she is scared and running out of options.  She hasn't seen her daughter in a month.  Detective wants to know how lying to them is helping find her daughter.  Casey says she is trying to help.  Did the conversation with Caylee really happen on the phone recently?  Yes, that really happened, Caylee said Hi Mommy.  She read me a book.  She wasn't upset like she gets when she hasn't seen my mom but she isn't upset when she hasn't seen me for a while.  The detective says she has been missing for five weeks but she is not upset with you on the phone.  Casey says she is always like that, she cries for Cindy but not for Casey.  This is the first time she has been away from me more than one day.  The detective and she was not upset?  Casey says no, she was just reading her a book.  Det Allen says I have children I would of called LE right away and been so upset, why didn't you.  Casey says she maybe just missed a call or a message from the nanny and something fell through a crack.  You haven't seen her for five weeks and she calls you and you can't talk to an adult, why didn't you call the LE then?  Casey said she thought it was odd but she didn't call the LE.  Detectives say Ricardo said she stayed with him June 9th and they drove right by there, why did she point at an old folks home when Ricardo lived right across from the street.  Casey said Zanny lived at the old folks home.  A detective is telling Casey everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie.  Either you gave Caylee to someone or she is buried somewhere right now or in a trash can.  Everything you told us a lie.  Casey says not everything.  Det. says this needs to end.  Casey says I don't know what happened to Caylee, the last time I saw her was June 9th.  Det tells Casey, that Caylee is in a dumpster or buried or rotting somewhere.  You need to tell us where Caylee is RIGHT NOW,  NO MORE LIES!!!!!  Casey says that I left her at that apt with Zanny.  The det says, we looked at that apt video, you weren't there.  This is telling us that you are a cold blooded monster, you are giving us no choice, this is your opportunity to tell us, we are going to find out.  We have so many resources trying to find her.  Your lies are not helping us find Caylee.  Tell us what happened to Caylee.  Casey says I dropped her off with Zenaida.  I would of not sold my daughter, I would of given my mom custody and left.  I would not of let anything happen to my daughter.  The only mistake I have made is dropping off my daughter with someone I trusted.  No that is not what happened.  Your mom knows your lying, your father knows, everyone knows.  My phone is ringing right now, your mom keeps calling.  Casey says this is the truth, they say no it's not.  You didn't see her for 5 weeks and you thought she would of shown up?  Casey says she is glad she saw her mom.  The det says you could of seen your mom this whole time.  Casey says I am petrified of my mom and she reacted just the same as I thought.  They ask her are you more afraid of your mom than telling the truth?  Casey says no, in a back wards way she came out here to find Caylee, she came to Universal to find Caylee.  They ask her was she gonna take a cab here at 3 yrs old?  Did you think she was gonna be sitting in the lobby, the person who has kept her from you for five weeks, brought her here and you would find her here to your office where you don't work?  Casey is agreeing that it makes no sense.  Casey says she is telling them all those places she told them that Caylee has been to.  The old folks home?  Casey says yes, Zanny has been there.  At the old folks home? No.  Detective asks Casey if Caylee is in a better place and Casey laughs and says no, the best place would be with her.  They are asking her who you have gone to, to help with finding Caylee.  Casey says her one goal is to find Caylee.  She will lie, steal do anything to find her daughter.  Detectives say maybe your not a monster, maybe you have pressure, who puts the most pressure on you?  Casey says my mom.  Casey says she would never let anything happen to Caylee.  The detective says she has tears in her eyes, Casey sounds like she is crying.  She said that her mom is right about everything about her, that she took Cindy's credit cards for material things, food, clothes, shopping, she was extremely selfish.  Her mom is right about the things she said about here, she brought that on herself.  She says the car is hers to use and the gas gauge is broken.  The car broke down on Goldenrod and 50th, two guys helped her push it into the Amscot parking lot.  The car is in her parents name, she bought the car from her brother.  She ran out of gas, she didn't abandon it, she called her Tony L. to pick her up.  The detectives ask how they can help her find Caylee.  Do you have a computer?  Yes.  If we check my logs we can try to find emails from Zanny.  Casey says yes you can have my computer, I know that Zanny's info has to be on my computer.  Casey says that Zanny has been at different houses, doesn't know some of the addresses.  One of them is Andover Lakes.  Casey says she has names for her room mates, Raquel Ferral and Jennifer Rosa.  She rarely saw them, their schedules were different than hers.  Zanny had a boyfriend for a couple of months but he was there never there when Caylee was.  This has come at such a surprise there were no warnings.  Casey says she went to Valencia College for a year and a half.  She still says she worked at Universal Events as a seasonal employee.  She takes no meds and Caylee takes no meds, Caylee has had one cold in two and a half years.  Her dad has come to Dr visits with Caylee and Casey and her mom has come with her for Dr visits.  She is saying that Caylee likes to walk around Underhill Lake.  They laugh about Casey almost laying down on the couch.  She says that Caylee loved to play at Jay Blanchard Park.  Do you remember what you did on June the 8th?  I think my mom took her to Mt. Dora to see her parents.  I was at my boyfriend Tony's.  Tony is your current boyfriend right?  The baby went up with your mom to see her parents.  Casey says her grandfather is 88 and her grandmother is 82.  They are making small talk and Casey seems giggly and talkative.  They tell her that you are going to be our biggest help and Casey tells them, she could of gone anywhere, New York, etc etc.  Did the Nanny love Caylee weird or too much.  No, she was good and just praised Caylee and this just happened.  Zanny was non-chalant with me the day this happened.  Casey said she would check on Caylee on line or text her during the day.  Casey says bad news, the phone doesn't save many messages, they tell her they can get all her phone info.  She says she gave them to Yuri on a Zip drive.  Not actual messages, just the times they have them.  Zanny has had 2 diff phone numbers and lived different places.  Did she live at the apt that where you dropped Caylee off?  Yes and I know other people that live there.  Zanny never told me much and looking back now things didn't seem right.  I would pick her up at a grocery store to make things easier on Zanny.  Casey says honestly the only thing I care about is finding Caylee.  My mom told me yesterday she would never forgive me and I will never forgive myself.  Even if my car was working, what would I have done, just driven around?  If anything happened again I would tell my parents right away.  That was the biggest mistake I have made is not telling my parents.  Casey says she is sorry she gave them the run around.  She has really been trying to find Caylee and she will offer up her computer in a heartbeat and anything else to help find Caylee.  I should of called you right off the bat, my biggest mistake was not notifying anyone my daughter was missing.  They are agreeing with her.  They are gonna put Zenaida in DAVID, Casey says her parents are looking for Zanny under other names now too.  The swear Casey to tell the truth.  It is over.

Linda asks who was that talking at the end, he said Appie Wells and Sgt John Allen.  Melich says they checked with Saw Grass and zanny never lived there.  Their was no surveillance video.  They checked for video at Amscot but they were not working, they were dummies.  Casey gave him a zip drive containing pics of Caylee and cell numbers from June and July, he was there with her when she gave him that.  It was from a desktop computer in the same room he did his interview with her at her residence the spare room.  What happened when you left Universal.  They looked through a LE data base, named DAVID for Zenaida.  The put in all kinds of variables for the name.  Did Casey say Zanny had a car?  Yes a silver Ford Focus.  Did OC Sheriff office receive tips?  Yes over 6000 tips in total.  Sightings of Zenaida and Caylee.  They never located Zenaida Gonzales.  They never found out anything concerning Zenaida or Caylee from all of those tips.  Did you collect Casey's cell phone?  Yes.
Linda is showing Det Melich a package of evidence.  It is a Nokia cell phone.  Casey's cell phone.  They obtained a court order to get records for it and downloaded her list of contacts from the phone.  Melich gave the phone to a forensic examiner.  Did you also find out who Casey's phone carrier was?  Yes A T &T also known as Cellular.  He obtained records from them.  Linda is marking cell phone records as exhibits.  The judge is reading a stipulation, saying the records are true and accurate.  Linda introduces a composite exhibit into evidence.  Asking Det Melich did you collect personal items of the victim from Cindy Anthony?  Yes, Cindy is introducing them into evidence.  Showing evidence to Det. Melich.  Linda asks them if they were what he collected from Cindy as property of Caylee.  4 Toothbrushes, 1 brush, 1 comb, 1 thermometer all belonging to Caylee.  He turned them over to CSI.  Linda is asking Det Melich about searching the DAVID data banks in the car on the way from Universal.  They then drove her to the Sheriffs office and placed Casey Anthony under arrest.
Linda is done...............

Baez is pleasing the court...............
Does Det Melich turn to the jury when he talks?  Yes.  Was he taught this as LE.  He said the jury is the one deciding this matter so he talks to them.  When this all started, Zenaida was the suspect and not Casey?  Yes.  This is after Casey lied, he found out about the odor in the car, where she worked, that Jeff Hopkins and Juliet Lewis and Zanny never worked at Universal and Casey was still never a suspect at that point.  Can you look at this jury and tell them that she was never a suspect.  Yuri looks at the jury and tells them that she was a suspect of lying because she admitted that.  Can you tell the jury that Casey wasn't a suspect?  I thought Caylee was the lying mother of a missing daughter.  If we didn't think Zenaida was real, they wouldn't of shown Casey pics of Zenaida to look at.  Baez says you never thought she was a suspect or their was foul play?  Det Melich, tells the jury he knew that Casey was lying but he couldn't figure out why.  Baez is asking him after going to the Anthony home and looking at the statement, he knew that Casey was handcuffed.  Sustained.  Baez says after you knew all of this information, you took Casey on a trip to show you places. Yes.  She took you to a senior home and told you Zanny lived there.  Yes.  Baez says you knew that these were bizarre events and briefed others on this?  I didn't know it was a senior home or that Saw Grass was an empty apt.  Baez asks tells him you still took Casey to Universal when you knew it was all a lie.  No, that isn't the way it happened.  Baez is talking in circles.  You can't put your finger on all of these lies?  Yes.  Something is odd?  Yes.  You talked to Mr Turtora and found out that none of these people worked there, you asked her about her mental health?  Yes.  After knowing that she didn't work there you called her and put her on speaker phone so Mr Turtora can hear her?  Yes.
That she lost a phone? Yes.  You found out that all of this was not true and you still asked Sgt Allen to pick Casey up and bring her to Universal?  Yes.  Sgt Allen knew all about the lies too?  Yes.  Baez says you still continued on with the ruse?  No, it wasn't a ruse, she was so  matter of fact about it, I didn't know what to think, she walked them up to a building, into a security gate with two officers in tow, he can't imagine why she would do all of this, so he let her.  She had no ID? No.  You get into the gate and walk through the gate, she was very persuasive, convincing and that she walked with purpose? Yes. Baez showing him the path at Universal they took.  Det Melich met them at the security gate, she was walking with purpose, leading them to her office and then they made a right, down a hallway, making small talk and taking them to her office.  Did she have a nameplate? I don't know.  Did she have a computer in her office.  I don't recall.  Did you just keep walking, she just kept going?  Yes.  Then she stopped and reality set in?  That is when she told us that she didn't work here.  Is that when you thought something was wrong with this KID?  No, I thought her whole story was odd.  As a LE, many times you deal with ppl that have drug issues and mental health issues and ppl that fall into neither of those category? Yes.  I did not lump Casey into a category at this time.  You took Casey into a small room and said if she said Zanny is sitting in that chair, DON'T SIT THERE!!! What would you have done?  Objection, imo for STUPIDITY, lol.  Baez is making about as much sense as Casey at this point, the jury must think they are going crazy too.  Side bar..............

Taking a lunch break until 1:30pm

Judge is citing law and tells them they must have a good faith basis to ask questions.  I think he is only talking to the defense. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2011, 05:26:24 PM »

Oh, one more thing, I know my posts are long, I hope that is ok.  Like I said they are not transcripts or verbatim, they are as close as I can come and I add a few comments of my own. I know I don't type everyone of Baez's questions because if they don't make sense to me, I can't type fast, I type what I hear. I am not picking on him, though I have every reason to, lol.  You can tell my comments, they are very sarcastic, lol.

Please feel free to snip what I have typed anywhere and use it in your posts.  Note:  Please be sure to link back to Magic Eye's posts if you use even a snip of them, please.  She's doing a great job!  Muffy

My court comments also look different than my regular posts, like this one, I am putting the time and court information on them. 

Just us for Caylee  ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »

1:30pm Court is in session:

Det. Melich is on the witness stand,

Baez may it please the court,  During the questioning at Universal Studios it was a pressing matter?  Yes.  You were doing all you could to find Caylee? Yes.  You questioned Ms Anthony?  Yes.  This opportunity to confront her with the stories you were hearing?  Yes, to ask her why they were there? Yes.  To employ techniques how to question people?  Yes.  You have had training on interrogating people?  Yes.  Psychological techniques to interrogate people.  Yes, to get to the truth of the matter.  You used a trust building process with her?  Yes.  The techniques you employed did not work with Ms Anthony?  Yes, but they did not work with Casey.  They did not work on her is your words, we did find out that she was still lying and these were imaginary people.  You were getting all kinds of calls from Cindy, she was blowing up your phone?  Yes.  George Anthony never blew up your phone or called you?  No.  Did you ever leave the room to answer the phone?  Yes, it was Cindy Anthony.  It was at this time you heard about the incident with the pool ladder being down and the gate being open.  Yes, sometime in June.  You had this info and you went back into this room with Casey and didn't ask her about it?  No, I didn't ask her about it.  Baez is referring to a depo with Melich, they were all present.  In the depo, in reference to the ladder did you find that to be important info?  I did say that was important, any info was important.  Did you have the opportunity to go back in the room at Universal and ask Casey about the ladder and the pool?  Yes.  And you did not?  Objection by LDB and side bar....Side bar over....Sustained, another question....The majority of the info that Casey was giving you, you knew that it was not true?  Yes.  That the child was last seen June 9, 2008, you found out that wasn't true?  Yes but I did not know that until after her arrest.  You were able to verify many other people saw Caylee alive after June 9th?  Yes.  As well as she wasn't a student at Valencia?  That was much further down the road, that we found out she wasn't a student at Valencia.  You were able to collect Casey's cell phone?  Yes.  She volunteered her computer?  Yes.  You collected certain items from Cindy?  Yes.  Did you ever hear that the hair brush given was not Caylee's...LDB objection sustained.  That hairbrush was tested for mitro DNA?  Objection, Sustained.  Baez is done.

Linda is up........

Det Melich did Cindy give you a specific date that this pool incident happened?  No, sometimes in early June.  Were you in the room when Sgt Allen suggested a pool accident in the pool, Casey doesn't adopt that in the interview?  No.  Did Casey ever adopt the pool accident?  No absolutely not.

Baez is up.........

Did the scenarios include beatings of children to death and running over babies and other horrible deaths?  Yes.  Casey didn't adopt any of those scenarios, did she?  No.

LDB offering evidence into court, numerous items.  Defense renews all previous objections, they are received into evidence.  These are jail house visits and the total time is 5 hours.  The judge is reading a stipulation, that these are true and accurate.  Publishing exhibit 57, jail visit with Lee.

Casey wants the phone turned up.  Lee says he will speak up.  Lee says how are you?  Casey laughs.  Says I don't want to start crying and Lee says I don't want to either.  Lee says we have an hour and mom and dad will come next.  Baez wouldn't help them set up these visits, they had to do it.  These visits will be recorded, however you can write us a letter that is not monitored.  If you give a letter to Baez he will read it.  Lee will write to her and he wants him to write directly to them.  Casey says she will get a pen and paper and do that.  Lee wants to go over stuff, Casey is agreeing.  Lee tells her Jose works for you with atty client privilege, even though you ask him to reach out to us, he doesn't have to do that.  He will decide if it's in his best interest or yours.  He may not do it.  He may not let you reach out to us.  Baez has said that his number one focus is you then Caylee, the truth is it is a business the truth is his number one concern is him then you then Caylee.  Our number one focus is on Caylee, then you, then mom, then dad, I don't give a spit about Baez, are my priorities right?  Casey says yes, that his her focus too.  Do you feel comfortable with this,  if not then you can write us, ok?  Casey says yes.  Lee says that the police has been reaching out to Baez and he has never returned a call to the LE.  He faxed a letter saying you would be willing to cooperate but he hasn't.  I want to make you aware about Baez.  How did Jose become your atty?  It happened at random, I was talking to people and they said he was good, so he came to see me the next day.  Who gave you his number?  An inmate and 3 other ppl confirmed him.  Lee asked about how she felt about Baez.  She said he is doing a good job but I am his focus.  You can write a letter to me whenever you want to reach out to us and help find Caylee, no matter how confident you feel in Jose or LE.  Do you want to talk to LE?  Yes and no, things I have told them, they have confused everything I have told them, so Baez is her only outlet.  Lee says I don't know how you feel about Baez but you know how I feel about you and Caylee.  Baez tries and objection and JBP says no.  Lee says you gave them the wrong date, did you know that then?  No, I found out that later.  Wouldn't you agree that it would be in your best interest to tell them the right date?  Casey says No, they have misconstrued things I have said and I don't trust them anymore, I would rather write to you or LE a letter.  Lee says write without going through Jose, who can alter it.  Casey says she agrees, that would be the best way to say the truth without it being misconstrued.  Lee says he has been doing his own research and found a Jeff Hopkins and Juliet.  Casey says good.  Casey says they have misconstrued everything she has said from the beginning.  Lee wants her to write to him or mom or dad or LE, not Baez.  Casey says she knows.  Lee says letters to him will remain among them only, do you trust me?  Casey says she does.  Lee is going to ask her some stuff, feel free not to answer or give him a signal if she doesn't want to answer.  Lee asks her names, if he can trust, if he can say a name tip me off somehow.  Annie?  Don't even bother.  Milena don't even bother.  Trust Amy she is genuine.  Trust Ricardo, don't worry about him.  Tony she is on the fence about.  Jessie don't trust him, investigate him.  Trust mom, trust dad.  Will, I don't know about him.  Is there anyone you don't trust you want me to look into?  Honestly at the moment I can't think of anyone on.  I will look into Jesse, Ricardo, Will, Tony.  I don't know of any others at the moment.  Lee says that is where he has been going so far, so he will stay on course.  Lee wants to know where I should focus?  Places that are familiar to us, the family, ask mom, she should remember places I have mentioned.  Try to go through mom to get this.  Lee asks with places or people?  Casey says places.  Patrick Beaugois should be talked to, I don't know him well but he is the first person who has came to see me and that meant a lot.  Lee says we have tried with LE and dad tried over and over to make attempts to try to get a hold of you.  They were told by Baez and LE that she couldn't have visits by family or anyone for 7 days.  Casey that is BS.  That is the reason why we haven't visited.  Baez and LE may have their own agenda.  Casey says everything from LE is all BS.  When Melich read me my rights, he said there is going to be no bond, period.  Lee says, yes Melich told them that for sure.  Casey says Melich never said that at a hearing.  Just like Baez is cutting mom and dad out.  Lee asks if she has ever gotten a letter from us, Casey says she has never received a thing.  Lee says they are giving them to Baez.  Baez is not giving them to Casey.  Casey acts all put out about this.  Lee says he is not saying anything not true.  Because of your age as an adult we do not have any say in your atty, if you want to change jockeys in this horse race you can.  Make it known that you want a change.  Lee says we can't trust LE or Baez, Lee has learned this through Trenton Duckett, Casey knows this has happened.  Lee said Trenton is telling him how to manipulate the LE and media....Trenton only cares about Caylee, not Casey, not mom, not day no one but Caylee.  Casey wants the focus on Caylee not on her.  Lee says the only way  we can get info out to the media is not through Baez it is through the family, they are working with the media.  Lee can correct the media and get things known to media.  If you want your voice heard about Caylee get it to us.  Casey said this is OK, Lee it needs to be done.  Lee says are there any places or clues out there I can look, my space? Possibly. Face Book? Possibly.  Photo Bucket? No.  Do you have a bank account?  Yes, mom knows that, she is my executor.  Lee tells her that doesn't work now.  Talking about her Wachovia Bank Acct.  Any clues at the house?  No outside of stuff on the computer.  How about the laptop? No.  Casey says to check the family computer, may have a pic on there that may help.  Casey says to check them.  Lee needs the password to the desktop.  Casey gives it to him, he said it doesn't work.  Casey says that was the PW she used.  For the My space for Caylee it is CaseyOmarie, PW cays234.  Nothing at Ricardo's, nothing at Tony's.  Nothing at Jesse's house.  Fusion?  No.  Your text message records?  Quite possibly yes.  Did you really have a diff phone.  Yes and that is what worried me.  OMG it cut off...Casey are you still there, we have five minutes.  You need to recover that phone and get Jeff's phone a Jacksonville number.  There are four numbers you need from that phone.  Do you remember a day or a time?  No, we talked very vaguely over the last two months.  Are there any clues as relates to email?  No.  Any meaning behind the passwords you use?  Yes.  My space and Face Book passwords mean something.....move on.  How about your tattoo?  That is Caylee related, no clue in that.  Tell me anything you want me to get out there?  Coming from me, I love my daughter, she and my family is my only concern.  All I want to do is to see her again.  To see her laugh, to see her smile that is all I want. Lee says that is all he wants.  Casey says you have everything you need now to help you.  Did you work with Juliette?  Does she know Heather?  Look into that. 

Wow, what a mess.  Typed as much as I could understand.  Next video is 36 minutes for part one.  The judge is giving a special recess for 15 minutes.  Court recessed till 2:55.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »

3:00pm  Court is back in session:

Mr. Baez is making an objection to the jail visitation videos.  He cites law and renews all of his objections of relevance and talking bad about Baez.  That her counsel may obstruct justice, destroy evidence or with-hold evidence.  He is asking for a MISTRIAL.  There are many allegations against her counsel of choice and other rotten things in these jail house visits.  They are too prejudicial.  The statements may confuse the jury.  We is asking for a MISTRIAL again.

LDB, is saying that Baez is raising new issues today that he has never raised.  He missed deadlines and they request the judge to deny MISTRIAL. She also said that they were already in evidence.

Judge says that the deadline was long gone.  Was there ever any motions to redact these visits?  LDB says no.

Judge asks Baez if he ever did anything right about getting these redacted?  Baez says he did not. It is his fault.  When were the videos brought up, Baez says in 2008.  The judge says the deadlines can be harsh but there must be some finality.  He said his brethren feels the same.  Motion for MISTRIAL DENIED, ALL NEW MOTIONS DENIED!!!

There is 12 min of dead air that LDB wants to go by before they start talking.  The judge and defense agree.  The jury is returning.

July 25, 2008 George and Cindy jail visitation:  Stipulation that this recording is true and accurate.

Casey says Hi, Cindy says Hi.  Cindy says we forgive anything you have said or done.  Casey is laughing and says don't worry, I haven't said anything.  Casey says she just talked to Lee.  They are showing her the Caylee T-shirts.  Cindy says, everyone is looking for her.  Casey says good.  Cindy said, can we find her.  Cindy wants her to look up so she can look into her eyes.  Cindy says I saw the picture of an apt with drums, I know who apt that is.  Casey says Zanny's is set up just like that. Cindy wants a password, Casey says she gave it to Lee.  Casey is laughing.  Cindy wants her to look up.  Cindy asks her if Zanny is working alone, Casey says I don't know.  Casey said she is not getting letters from Baez.  Casey is going to have a lot of questions for Baez.  They are talking about a lady at the airport.  The sheriff's Dpt is looking into this.  Casey says she wants everyone looking into this, them, Lee, Baez.  She doesn't want just one person running errands for her.  Casey want them looking in New York, Miami.  Zanny's mom's name is Gloria she is 55.  Zanny could be staying with an aunt in New York.  Casey said could we have an extra 15 minutes cuz of the mess up and they will allow it.  George, says hey gorgeous, how are you doing.  Casey says she looks like Hell.  George says to keep her hopes up.  He wants to give her the big Papa Jo hug.  Casey said her only concern is her mom and dad and Caylee.  Casey said it has all been local.  She hasn't gone anywhere else.  She has been getting very few updates.  She is staying away from news.  Cindy wants to know what she should tell Zanny, Casey said that she needs to return Caylee.  I forgive her, she just needs to bring Caylee home.  What do you want me to tell Caylee?  That mommy loves her very much, she is the most important thing in the world to me and to be brave and I truly, truly love that little girl and I miss her so much and I miss you guys.  I know Lee's priority list, I am the last on my list.  Lee and I have made an agreement to write you letters through the mail.  I am protecting our family, not through anything I have done.  Cindy is anyone threatening us?  Casey says just leave it alone.  Cindy says we are strong family there is no reason to protect us.  Cindy said, why did Zanny never get a chance to get the car?  That doesn't make sense.  Casey says, mom this is being recorded, don't go there, Lee knows everything.  Cindy asks has anyone been in our house?  Casey said she has a key, she may have been.  Casey asked about the rest of the family.  Cindy said her mom is not doing good.  Everyone sends their love and they know that she did nothing to Caylee.  George says, Casey what can I do?  Talk to the media, keep it focused on Caylee.  George said is there anything you want to say directly to me at all.  Casey said, I just wish none of this ever happened.  George says be strong.  We know where you are at.  Casey says she feels safe in jail.  George says he wants to get Caylee home today.  Mom and I worry about you being here.  Casey said she is in a protective cell and being watched at all times.  George asked her when she has last talked to Baez and if she would reach out to the sheriffs office.  Casey says they twist her words.  George says can you call us.  Casey said she needs money in an account to make calls.  Cindy asks if she wants to tell anyone anything.  Casey said tell Amy she is sorry and tell Ryan she is grateful for his help, if he is in town come see her.  Does she want to talk to Tony.  Casey said what good would it do, he wouldn't take her calls, he hasn't come to see her. She would love to reach out to Tony but what good would it do?  Casey says not to trust Jesse, he may know Zanny.  Cindy said Jesse's parents are reaching out to them and think Casey is a good mom.  As far as Jesse, he is very questionable.  Cindy asks where is her little Tiffany heart ring?  Casey doesn't know where it is.  Cindy said who gave it to her?  Casey says Jeff.  Cindy said Tom Frank or Tom Manley?  Casey said there were both.  Cindy is asking if she can get help from Mike Kozak.  Casey is asking about an Earl.  Talking about her My Space CaseyOmarie, her password isTimer55.  They are talking about Mark Hopkins/CharlieBrown/Markymark.  Casey ran into Mark Hopkins mom at Target.  She would have no info.  Zanny' car is a silver For d Focus, has a floral car seat for Caylee.  Zanny had sock, clothes, diapers, toys, you name it.  She was only a nanny for Caylee, Zach and Annabelle.  Who cut Caylee's hair or Casey's hair.  No one.  She told Lee to check her phone records.  What was the last day you saw Caylee, Casey said July 16, 2008.  Cindy asks about a Tara and Casey says OMG you mean Mark Hawkins Psycho ex-wife.  She knows nothing.  Tara told Cindy that she talked to Casey for over an hour.  Jesse and Tara don't know what the Hell they are talking about.  Mom, this is why things are being misconstrued.  Casey says she is fine and eating to the best of her ability.  Cindy said she hasn't been cooking either, people are bring stuff to the house.  Cindy is asking about Puerto Rico.  Casey was planning on going but nothing was scheduled in advance.  Cindy says Amy's flight number was written in her handwriting.  She talks about a menu and Casey says that was food for her, she and Caylee are the exact same kind of tiny person.  Casey says I love you and I miss you.  Cindy says our whole lives are turned upside down.  Casey says I know I would do anything to change this.  Cindy says we will see her little face again.  Casey is all happy cuz they have been given extra time.  Cindy asks if Caylee had ever stayed overnight at Tony's.  Tony admitted to Lee that their were drugs at his home.  Casey said, his room mates smoked pot.  Caylee would never be in that environment.  Cindy asks if there have have been any other visits and Casey says yes Patrick Bougois, dad would remember him from track in high school.  She was short with him and was glad he stopped by.  Cindy is asking about a Tia Torres in the neighborhood. Casey says she doesn't know her and doesn't know many in the neighborhood.  Tia said that Casey said Cindy had mental issues.  Cindy is saying Casey was always the mom of her friends.  Casey said she would lie or steal or do anything to get her back.  Cindy said Casey we have to find her before her 3rd bday.  Casey said, mom we have 3 weeks.  Cindy said I don't want to wait that long. Cindy asks if we will be able to find Caylee and Casey says I don't know.  Cindy said Melich is convinced that something happened to her. Casey put the phone down and said that is not right, why would she do that?  Cindy said what was that all about?  Casey says I am in protective custody, they have to put me in my cell, for my own protection.  Cindy asks if she has talked to a psychologist, Casey says she can't open up to her cuz she doesn't trust her.  Casey says Baez fought for personal contact with her and they have it, she is still chained at her feet but her hands are loose, they sit at a table together.  George asks Casey did you borrow anything from anyone else that Caylee would be held for.  Casey said no except from what I took from mom and Amy there is nothing else.  I am sorry to Amy but it was a time of desperation.  George says why desperation.  Casey doesn't give him a clear answer.  They talk about not getting her out on bond, they want her out.  George wants to take her pain away and says I miss you too.  I wish I could of been a better dad.  Casey says you have been a great dad and a great grandfather.  Caylee was so lucky to have both of you and is still so lucky to have you.  George says all their little things in the house bring them so much pain.  George wishes Casey would of came to him sooner and none of this would of happened.  George says that they can't change things now.  George says he wanted to reach over and hug her at the bond hearing.  Casey is crying.  Casey said if she can't be there herself she is glad they will be home if Caylee comes home.  Cindy is talking about Det Melich threatening to send a squad car to the nursing home, so now she knows how Casey feels.  Casey had to walk away again. Casey comes back laughing.  George want to know if she is eating?  She says tell him I ate coleslaw.  She ate bologna and grits.  She eats 3 small meals a day, less than 3500 cals, no real juice.  She says she has things to look forward to now, seeing them in jail visits.  She can count on seeing lots of Jose, he is putting in an appeal for a bond.  It may be awhile.  Cindy wants a description of Zanny.  five feet seven, thin 140ish, fairly tanned, brown eyes, no tattoos, Casey has seen her in a bathing suit.  Has curly hair but uses a straightener, Zany gave her a curling iron.  No one has ever drawn a composite of Zany.  She wants someone to bring her a sketch artist and she will describe Zany perfectly.  She wants them to full for her full name Zenia Fernandez-Gonzales.  Her dad's name is Victor.  Her mom's name is Gloria, they are divorced.  Gloria got a lot of money from the divorce.  Casey is explaining that her step-dad adopted her.  Her sister name is Samantha, the whitest name possible.  Samantha was a student at CF, she is older than Zany by a year, year and a half.  Cindy wants to know if Zany ever took Carlee to the beach?  Casey says you know all the place over the last month I have mentioned to you?  Those are the places that Zany was taking Carlee.  Could Jeff ever look preppy looking?  Did he wear horn rim glasses?  No, he wore tight jeans though and dressed nicely.  Casey doesn't know Jeff's sisters name.  Zan's room-mates are Raquel Farrell and Jennifer Rosa, the both worked together at a distribution cataloger.  When is the last time you saw Raquel and Jennifer?  More than a month ago.  Raquel was a student she was a server at Friday's.  They each came from families with decent amounts of money.  Does dad want to ask me anything?  Cindy is smiling and saying sorry for it. George has been doing yard work and they got a flat tire.  Casey said hey, laughs that happened to me.  Cindy said the reward for finding Carlee is 225.000 dollars and Casey said gee that is more than half my bond.......Cindy said she is getting a lot of nice calls of people saying they will find Carlee.  You got strength from me, your dad and your brother.  Don't think anyone can threaten us.  We don't need protecting we have been through a lot.  We love you a lot.  George is telling his finger analogy.  Dad is the thumb, Casey said mom is the middle finger and Lee and Casey are fingers and Carlee is the pinkie and we are missing two fingers.  Casey says I AM STILL HERE!!!.  George wants Casey to talk to the FBI, Casey says that will be fine.  Casey said she doesn't like Allen or Milch but she does like Happy Wells.  She would speak to Happy alone or with Baez.  She has had nice talks with Happy.  Casey feels very comfortable talking to Happy Wells.  Casey doesn't know if he is a Diet  or a Deputy.  Casey says he is the bigger guy that came to the house.  They called him Happy, his last name is Wells.  Casey doesn't want anyone telling her she is lying, she wants someone that will listen to her.  Cindy is gonna work on getting Happy Wells for her today.  Does Casey want her atty present or not?  Casey says she doesn't care.  Cindy thinks she should have an atty present.  Cindy asks where to look and Casey says locally.  Casey said just know how much I miss you guys.  Cindy says if we don't find her they are pinning a case against you.  Casey says they have from the start, especially the other two.  Casey says I just want her back.  Cindy said to stay positive.  Casey said she is.  Cindy asks her what her gut tells her if she  is still local and Casey said her gut tells her that she is close, she is not far.  Casey asks Cindy if she talked to Ryan in Jacksonville, Casey thinks she should talk to Ryan.  Jose said everything will make sense once they find Carlee. Casey tell Lee that she loves him.  Cindy says lee has been a rock for the whole family.  Cindy said they have unconditional love for her. Jail visit tape is over.

DB tells the judge the next video is 44 minutes long.  Judge gives them a stretch break and asks them if they want to work past five or listen to part of the tape today and part tomorrow.

Recess for a stretch break

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 05:29:54 PM »

4:40pm Court in Session

Jury wants to stay late and listen late today, after 5pm

Next tape of Lee and Casey, jail visitation.

Lee says, he is sorry for dominating the last conversation.  Casey asked if he got her letters and that is where she is leaving it.  Lee understands what she said in the letter.  Other than that, he needs to know on the day Caylee went missing, did Casey speak to 3 people over the phone, two that you text messaged prior to mom?  Casey says that is about right.  Lee says he knows who those 3 ppl are.  Lee asks Casey if any of those 3 are involved and Casey says that she thinks so as time goes on.  Two that have been in touch with mom are those the two?  Casey says yes.  Lee says one you talked to first, one you talked to next.  Casey doesn't know the order.  Lee says how about the one you spoke to more recently in texts.  Casey says that he needs to pay attention to both of those people.  Those 3 people prior to this have they ever talked to each other?  Casey says even down to those last 2 that she referenced, they were all intertwined.  Lee saw the call she made to order food on the 17th, saw a couple of calls to order food.  Casey said that was probably Tony's room mate.  She let him use her phone.  Lee said you were out and about and you know what I mean.  Was it during the day or  night and Casey said definitely during the day.  Lee wants to know about the other phone, was it purchased for you by someone else? No  Do you know when you purchased it? No, I may have a receipt for it at home.  Do you think the person wanted to talk to you on only that phone?  Casey says no, I used the same Sims card.  Lee said in regards to the other 2 but back to the 1st person and I know your feelings about them.  You had a long call with them right before the frantic calling went down.  Would *she* have any idea of what happened right before all this went down?  Would she open up to me?  Casey said I would hope so.  Lee says I am going to reach out to her.  I am going to refer to the other guys as the Full Sail? crew.  When did you meet them?  The last weekend of May.  They all met her the first week of June at the apt, we went to the pool.  Lee said do you remember the last time Caylee was there, when you had her there?  Casey says, right after mom's bday.  Lee said he already knew that, Casey said I figured.  Casey said you are very thorough.  Lee said if I look for the Zanny should I look in the area or complex?  Casey said yes, I do have a friend in that area that complex.  Lee says I don't know how to ask this, would that reference any of the 3 that I said earlier?  Lee said you said Zanny had a 407 number a 302 number and a 952 number, is that right?  Casey said yes those are the three numbers.  Lee asked if there are any other area codes or states?  Casey says she got a call from Miami and Jacksonville and up the east coast.  631 is New York Casey said, Lee said i want to know about a 602 and Casey said that is Mark Hawkins.  Lee said is there anyone else that might have knowledge besides Jeff or Juliet and Lee says he has already found Jeff and Juliet did work at Universal. Casey said that is good.  Is it just those 3 area codes that I need to focus on?  Lee asks about texts and Casey says she texted with everyone that was her main way to communicate.  Lee wants to know if the person who took Caylee had resources out of Orlando?  Yes.  How about out of the state of Florida? Casey says yes.  Lee says how about as far as I have gone recently?  Casey says yes.  Lee said people that he has been in contact with people, he has been in contact with football with, should he consider that state?  Casey says yes, he should obviously consider that.  Lee tells her that based on the contact, what I know right now, everything has changed from a month ago.  Even if we have been used to something before the last month, those rules have changed.  Are we still working on the same time, the same instances, the same area as the situation has changed, let me know.  Because of where you are I need to pick up where you left off.  I know you trust me to do the right thing.  That is the first thing I realized is that the thing that you have been stressed about and now someone else needs to stress and react to it now because of where you are.  I am going to cuss reporters out, Lee said.  Casey says be nice.  Lee says well the media can't chase me around.  Casey says her and Baez have discussed that and maybe they should set up media places to talk to them so they don't follow them around.  Lee says whatever it will all go away.  Casey says it will just take a lil while.  Lee asks if you want to tell mom or dad or anything?  Casey says just go off the leads I have given you for now, I will be seeing Jose later and give him anything else she can think of.  Lee says just remember that LE needs to know that you and Baez are gonna work with them.  Lee wants Jose to probe other resources, without Lee making an A$$ out of himself, he wants that to happen, so Lee want to know if anyone else is helping out.  Lee tells her that he set up a phone account for her to call him, she has already called him once.  He wants a time she is gonna call and she says between 3 and 4pm and he will drop anything to pick up a call from her.  He is gonna want to use the whole 15 minutes.  Casey says, Lee that will be fine, I am doing nothing but reading all day anyway, I am happy to talk to you.  Lee says don't worry about it costing mucho dollars.  Lee says that mom is working with the media to find Caylee, she never stops.  Dad is working real hard with charities and reward money set up and office space and supplies and massive volunteers.  Lee tells her that Fred Robinson and his wife and Holly have all been tremendous support.  They reference the Lord a lot and they want you to know to put things behind you and use the Lord as a crutch and Casey says she has had more faith now.  Lee says people are praying for her and strangers are all reaching out and to let you know they love her.  Regardless of what you may hear, the good people out there know and they have offered up their unconditional support and resources.  He says if you think of any other resources let us know.  Lee says she can talk now and she would rather have Lee talk.  Lee said he has taken over the My Space site and he changed all profiles to mirror that site and is searching for volunteers, Josh Duckett is helping them, they have a website for Caylee.  Charities have offered fliers, billboards, mobile billboards if you have a ball hitch, t-shirts.  Casey said she saw the t-shirts on mom and dad.  They are working on a bracelet for Caylee.  They have a huge fund-raiser in Daytona for Caylee, huge raffles and auctions for charities.  Right now the ppl that have RSVP'd are in the thousands.  Casey says that is what she wants.  Lee wants something from Casey to say.  Casey says to write this down.  I want to openly thank not only our family but our friends in the community for their support.  I want to thank all the charities for their time and resources and effort and if anyone has info on Caylee to come forward.  Lee says OK, anything you want to say to the person or the persons who have Caylee you want to say?  Casey says, we miss her, we love her, we want her to come home where she is safe with her family.  I know in my heart and in my gut and every ounce of my being that we will be together again.  Casey said,  I thought about this after Jose left the other day.  I want to thank you and want to tell you how much I love you, not only to you but to mom and to dad that it will be soon and we will have our family back together.  Casey tells him the George hand analogy and they will soon be all back together.  Mom said we are stronger than we have ever been and I truly believe that.  I love you guys so much.  Lee says I love you too, we are gonna find Caylee.

End of that tape, time is 5:21, jury is excused. 

Judge asks Mr Mason if he has served this motion on the State of Florida that he wants heard at 8:30 tomorrow morning.  Mason says he doesn't know what the judge is talking about.  JBP said haven't we heard one of these before?  What is the difference between this one and the one we have heard.
Mason said I don't know what this is about it was written by Ann Finnel.  Baez said he has talked to LDB about this matter and they don't need to have a hearing.

Mr Ashton, said he just received a new expert witness from the defense, they got a one page download from the internet on this expert witness.  They have also received new discovery for George Anthony's medical records.  They will have to have hearings on both of these.

The expert is Sally Karioth, she is some kind of behavior grief expert.  Mr Baez says that it is incumbent upon them to have an expert on the grief process.  She will be speaking of something in the grief nature, she won't need to examine Ms Anthony so they won't have to worry about that, lol.
Baez says he gets discovery all the time so na na na...lol.  Baez says it would be malpractice on his part not to explain to the jury the different reactions people have to death and dying.  Baez had no idea this would become an issue and as soon as he did, he put her on the witness list. 

Jeff Ashton says, the court heard and denied this coming in before.  He is saying that Baez already tried to have an expert witness that will not have to examine his client.  This is not a surprise, Baez contemplated doing this in April and it didn't work.  The judge says they can go ahead and take a depo of this witness and citing law that says grief and bereavement is not allowed for some purposes.  The witness must produce a report, they must state all opinions they are going to give.  Baez is going to speak to this witness this evening and he says he just thought of that and no matter what Mr Ashton says that what Baez says is the truth........is the truth!!!!!!!! so there!!!!

The judge calms Baez down like a child and says it's been a long day and Jeff didn't try to hurt Baez's feelings and Baez should put his big boy panties on.  OK, the judge didn't add all of that. 

Jeff is saying this is late and is this going to be used during trial and good cause of why this is going to be used.  I think he is talking about George's medical records.  Jeff wants to know when they will have a hearing on George's medical records? It will be held Saturday at 1pm.  The other expert will have to be deposed and Baez better make sure his witness is ready to be deposed.

Court is in recess till 9am.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2011, 05:49:12 PM »

Good Morning monkeys, here we go...........

Another great day for Just us for Caylee.

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2011, 05:50:34 PM »

9am Friday June 2, 2011 Court is in Session:

Judge is on the bench, Linda is gonna play the July 30, 2008 Jail Visitation.  George and Cindy Anthony visiting Casey in Jail.

Baez is noting his previous objections. Especially about it making Baez look bad.

Jury is coming in.  Judge is reading the stipulation to the jury concerning the Jail Video.  Says it is true and accurate recording of the visitation and it should be true in fact in their deliberations.

George and Cindy are talking to each other first.  Casey came in and sat down.  They say good morning, they show Casey their Caylee T-shirts and said Annie had those done.  Casey said to thank Annie.  Casey is talking about how she is sleeping well.  They said it was good to see each other yesterday.  Casey asked how dad was doing, he says hi beautiful, he said how glad he is to see her.  Even for just a moment and he loves her, the house is too quiet without Casey and Caylee there.  Casey said I know, it has been two weeks.  George said that the outpouring of love and Casey said that she just wish that more people were focused on finding Caylee.  George says his only focus is finding Caylee.  He tells her about all that is done to find Caylee.  Cindy says Caylee will be on the cover of People magazine on Friday.  Casey said good.  Cindy asks Casey is there anything..........Casey stops her and says mom, stop it is good.  Cindy says is there anything I should tell Caylee.  Casey says just tell her I love her.  Casey says she just wants to go home, everyday I wake up, I just want to go home.  I want to just go home and find her.  I can't do anything from where I am at.  I feel helpless here not helping her find her.  Cindy said what else can I do.  Casey says I know you went on Larry King and that is good he is very insightful.  Holly went on Larry king.  They are talking about Lauren, she had a baby, Casey is crying cuz she wants to see the new baby.  Cindy is saying all kinds of old friends are all calling and helping.  They are talking about Shirley Pleasea and Cindy said she is not well.  Casey said her heart is aching cuz she wants to be back with the family.  Caylee said everyday she feels more and more like they will see Caylee again.  They talk about Casey seeing a minister.  She talked about him telling her story that lifted her heart and spirits.  He went to bed and had a very heavy heart and woke up in a closet and he kept laughing and he laughed and laughed and forgot why his heart was heavy.  Laughter is good.  Cindy said laughing is as good as crying for you.  Cindy said I know you are consumed with Caylee but you need to laugh.  Casey said it happened right before she saw Jose and she really needed it.  They got her morning all mixed up and took her to the court by mistake and sent her back to jail.  She saw the same ladies at the bond hearing and they made her laugh and feel better.  We have to keep everything in our conversations together quiet about everything, talk about everything else but information.  She was so glad she saw them yesterday at the Bond Hearing and she had a nice little field trip, she hadn't slept much the night before.  She has been enlightened and feels better since yesterday.  I am glad you got the chance to come, I know it was last minute.  They came to a jail visit and Casey wasn't there.  It was all a mix up.  Casey said she was glad she got a shower the night before.  George wants to talk to Casey.  His parents aren't doing well, he is telling Casey about it.  They want the best for her and they are sorry they weren't around enough for Caylee.  Casey said it's ok they got to see her enough.  They always had asked how everyone is, so they have been in touch.  Casey says I know.  George said we miss you a lot. I wish I could of been a better dad a better grandpa.  Casey, said dad, I can't say this enough you have been the best dad and the very best grandfather ever.  You have always been the best mom and dad ever.  Casey said we will all be back together, don't worry.  Tell mom to eat, I have always been skinny but I am worried about mom.  George tells her to eat no matter what they give you and stay positive.  Casey says there is so much they can all do, just keep your focus where it should be.  The media is trying to show things in a bad light but people know the truth.  She wants to talk to Ryan and Annie but in private not in public.  She doesn't want anyone else in the public, she wants them to thank Annie again.  She declined visits last night, she doesn't know who they were, she needed to sleep.  Cindy is crying and says I love you, she is trying to stay strong for you but it is getting harder everyday.  Casey says I know it's harder, I know it more than anyone right now.  Cindy can't wait till Caylee and Casey are back home.  Caylee can't see any of the.  Cindy asks if Caylee is being hurt or harmed.  Casey said she feels in her gut she is still OK.  Cindy said from now on, never let anyone outside of the family have her.  Casey says she will never let her out of her sight, she is thinking about jobs and schedules.  Cindy says you will never need to work, we will figure it out.  Casey says I know she is not just my little girl, she is all of ours.  Casey is using the hand analogy and has been telling that story to other people.  Tell dad to breath, it is ok.  Cindy said it is very hard Cays.  Casey said they are doing everything they can to find Caylee.  Casey is talking about how she can't say much.  Because of the certain circumstances of why she is here, she hasn't written them any letters.  She will try to if she finds time to.  Casey said her face is wet and she can't wipe her face.  She doesn't know who came to see her last night but she is declining all but family now.  She appreciates Ryan and Amy wanting to come see her and talk to her.  Cindy has talked to them both.  Casey says she hasn't been crying everyday, she is keeping her wits about her, this is the strongest she has ever been.  She just thinks about Cindy and George and that keeps her from crying.  Cindy said she wants to crawl up into a ball but she can't.  Casey said that everyone is saying that Lee is the loud one, then Cindy then Casey and dad will always be quiet and process things before talking.  We need dad to be like that.  Casey said oh man it is good to see you guys.  I have to keep saying that.  Cindy is glad they waited till this am to come see her.  She will see no one but family.  She wants her time spent with family.  Cindy asks if they should make another jail visit appt. and Cindy says she will do it, they have to schedule it.  They have one more visit left open this week.  Cindy asks anything you want me to tell Lee?  Casey said she just wants to thank him.  He told her all about the charities and she thanks all of them for doing different things to find Caylee.  Cindy said she would of had more time to talk about Caylee and not the 911 tapes....Casey tells them to defer questions.  Audio cuts out.  Linda wants to put the next one into evidence and Baez asks for a side bar on that.  Sidebar...........I don't know if they are gonna continue with this tape or the next one.  I am going to post before I lose this post.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »

9:45   Friday June 2, 2010 Court is in Session:

They are at side bar over Jail Visitation Videos...........

Side bar is over.............

Judge state may proceed.  Linda wants to publish a August 3, 2008, George Anthony visits Casey.
Judge tells jury it is a true and accurate recording.

George says Good Morning beautiful how are you.  Casey says hi.  George says everyone loves you and misses you, your family, your grandparents, your aunts your uncles.  Everyone is reaching out and wants Caylee back.  Casey says she just want to see Caylee.  George says that is only 6 days till Caylee's 3rd birthday.  Casey says she wants to be home before Caylee's birthday.  George says they were gonna have a small party and now it will be a big one.  George asks about Jose, he is trying to reach out to Jose and can't get a hold of him.  Jose is not returning his calls.  George is telling him about a charity and how it went.  They are exhausting every avenue they can.  Donations, foundations, everyone is focused on Caylee.  The whole world is focused on Caylee.  You name it and they are focused on this.  George says we get Caylee home and we will get you figured out.  Casey says she wants to be there, when Caylee gets home.  George said they have joined a life club of missing children.  When you get out and Caylee is with us we are going to focus on other missing children.  Nothing else matters.  George knows Caylee is close, he tells her the moon and the stars Caylee, Jo Jo loves you, mommy loves you, CeCe loves you.  George said this is destroying your mother, he wishes he would of listened more to Casey now and Casey says he was the best dad ever.  George wants Casey to talk to a Scott a remarkable man, he is with an agency but he want Casey to talk to him.  George will set it up and she can have Jose there.  Casey said DAD, I know that but the most important thing is, I WANT TO COME HOME, George said he is trying financially to get her out and has reached out to family for money and it is hard.  George said that court matter was already decided before they went to court.  He knows a lot about this because of what he use to do.  George asks her if she is eating?  Casey said she is doing the best she can.  Casey said she is doing what she can.  He asks if she can write and she said it has to be supervised.  She did write with Jose last night.  Jose is giving her stuff from Lauren and Annie, cards.  George is talking about the charity at Daytona it was woooo.  He wants Casey involved in this missing children thing when she gets out.  he is talking about songs and videos they showed of Caylee.  The played Sponge Bob Square Pants, George knows all of Caylee's songs by heart.  George says we love you, we love her, we want you home.  George says we want you to help us.  Casey said I have done everything I can.  George says they can be put into protective custody and they can get Caylee back and Casey said she has talked to Jose about that and they are doing everything they can.  George hopes Jose is being genuine, he hopes that Jose is trying to get Caylee back not just protect Casey, Casey takes up for Jose and says he is doing the right thing by her.  George wants everyone home.  Casey says it is not you or mom's fault.  George asks if anyone has threatened the family?  Casey says she doesn't know.  She only knows from Jose, she doesn't want to watch tv or the news it is all about her and not Caylee.  People magazine was all about her but it was all about Casey.  Casey seems mad about the People magazine article.  She says that people are lying to George and Cindy.  Casey wants to come home and hide in her bedroom so no one can talk about her.  George tells her that she is a great mom, mom knows that, Lee knows that.  Holly knows that and has been on Nancy Grace.  Casey said everyone is gonna feel dumb when Caylee comes home.  George says and when you come home to.  George says everything is gonna change when they come home.  The faith will continue and they will become closer.  This is the toughest thing they have ever gone through.  George says that Lee is just a marketing genius, with what he is doing, he is just remarkable.  People want to hire him right now because of Lee's passion and they want to get Mallory and Casey involved in missing people when this is over.  George asks her if she needs commissary money and she says she doesn't need anything extra.  She has a bible and that is all she needs.  George tells her to read certain passages.  Casey says she keeps the bible in bed with her and reads it all the time.  George asks Casey to talk and she says she has nothing else to say but she loves them.  She wants to see Caylee laugh, she wants to be with her baby.  Her birthday is just a few days away.  George said no more little parties, they are gonna have a big cake and get her a lil red mustang car.  That is all material but they need to get all of their lives back in check and be straight with her.  George has opened up more to Cindy in the last few weeks than he has in the last few years and it felt good.  They all need to be open.  George is talking about his Caylee T-shirt, they have more being made, more fliers, more posters, more bill boards.  The billboards are everywhere all lit up.  Magnetic signs on the cars.  She is a beautiful little girl, even prettier than in her pictures.  She also has an amazing personality.  Casey said she is the best of all of them.  She is the best of the four of us.  Casey said she is the point of the star.  George is thankful that you have your mom's good looks and her personality and she is a fighter.  George said where you are at is hard and he never thought anyone in his family would be there, he would trade places with Casey.  He is doing everything he can with Caylee.  George wants to set up a phone account with Casey so they can talk on the phone.  Casey says that is ok.  She only gets 3 visits a week but he wants to talk to her more.  Casey says she has called but no one has answered, no missed calls are from OCC.  They only see private numbers.  George asked how it is in there?  Casey says it is the best that it can be, it is what it is.  She is just worried about Caylee and you guys.  George says they have lost weight through stress and things.  He says they try to get rest but they go 24 hrs a day, there is no stone unturned.  He went into Caylee's room today and wanted to bring Casey from her room but he can't.  He went into Casey's room and said prayers.  All of their love is present at home.  George says I miss you sweetie, I miss your hug, my papa Jo hugs, I miss you so much, I am sorry I have been so tough sometimes.  She says I love you too and you were the best, you will always be my buddy besides  my dad.  George says he is sorry for his tough love.  George says he knows how much she loves Lee and mom and Caylee.  Casey says she misses Caylee so much.  George says she is just like you.  They got a postcard from a teacher that had Lee and Casey in elementary school and says how good Lee and Casey were in school.  This teacher has reached out, he won't say her name but Casey says she knows who she is.  George says so many people are reaching out.  Casey said the media is making her look bad because she can't see anyone else in jail.  She wants no names out there.  Casey said she is strong and got her strength from George and mom and Lee and Caylee.  She is stronger now and won't hold back her love anymore, now.  George is talking about strangers who are reaching out. wooow.  Casey is glad to know there are so many ppl reaching out.  George says ppl have big hearts out there and they are supporting Casey and Caylee.  Casey said she is getting letters from all over the country for support.  George said it is remarkable, he is worried about Casey and wants her to keep eating.  George says if anything pops in your head...she cuts him off an says she will tell Jose if she thinks anything else.  Jose came to her last night and his heart is in the right place, he was there till midnight last night.  She met a new atty with Jose and he is a good guy.  George is talking about America's most wanted, John Walsh, all stops are being pulled.  George is not trying to be part of the media focus but they have all joined a club now, the missing children club.  Casey says she is going to be part of missing children when she gets out.  The missing children are so important.  George says if you have any ideas besides posters, billboards?  He has a bracelet and a trust fund just for Caylee.  Mom and I are trying everything they can to get Casey out.  They try everyday harder and harder.  Cindy got sick last night, she hit a barrier but you can't stop her.  Casey says I know mom will be ok, she just keeps going.  George tell Casey that Cindy will just keep going and going, she is strong and Casey is strong like her mom.  They have five minutes left.  George has to talk to the media after this and he will tell them they had a good visit.  Casey is worried about this being on TV later.  George told the media to be compassionate.  They wanted to know what George is gonna ask her, he didn't know what he was gonna say, none of it is scripted and never has been.  Casey says that she just loves that little girl more than anything.  George hopes she is having fun and watching videos and is ok, he hopes who ever has her is being good to her, he is driving places asking questions.  George said they need to know everything, Casey says she has told them everything.  Casey wants out to find Caylee.  Casey wants to be careful.  George said they say we are talking in code, we are not.  Casey says she is telling everything she can but the media is messing it up.  One minute left, Casey says I love you and miss you and I love Caylee and miss her.  We will all be back together soon.  George says he wants to here Caylee say Jo Jo swim, Jo Jo walk? I want to pull her in her wagon.  George says I love you.

Court is in recess.........they will play the final jail visitation when they come back in 15 minutes.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2011, 05:53:10 PM »

10:47 Court is back in session Friday, June 2, 2011

Judge says Mason canceled the hearing at 8:30 in the morning.

LDB says that she wants no stipulation about statements made against Baez in the tapes.

Baez, says he wants a stipulation for op ions being expressed about him by the Anthony family toward Baez.  The judge says these tapes have been out there since the beginning of time and he is not going to hear bickering about it now.  Returns the jury.  JBP is fed up with Baez. 

Judge tells the jury he has the hamburger issue worked out, lol.  He is working on two other matters but he is working on cost.  The budget will make a difference in what he does. The jury may not get both requests but they may get one.  Do they have a preference between steak and Italian.

LDB publishes the next Jail Visitation.

August 14, 2008 Jail Visitation.  Judge reads that his is a true and accurate recording of the visitation.  It should be considered as true in your deliberations.  LDB wants it read again.  Not sure why. 

George and Cindy are at jail visit.  Casey comes in later.  They say good morning, George says good morning beautiful.  Casey asks, why is mom crying already?  George says cuz we haven't seen you.  George asks how she is, she says she was asleep, they are sorry they woke her up.  Casey is pointing out their new butterfly Caylee t-shirts.  Casey is reading them, they say fly home baby.  Cindy is getting on phone crying, Casey is laughing at her.  Casey asks her how she is feeling, she says she is not doing well.  Lee is sick and dad is blowing up at the media.  Cindy said they said this morning that CAYLEE IS DEAD, SHE DROWNED IN THE POOL.  Casey said what else is new.  Casey said she saw it too.  Cindy said she is getting hate mail, Casey says she has only gotten positive mail.  Cindy wants something to go on.  Casey says she has nothing else to give them, Casey is getting mad.  She just sits there and waits everyday.  Cindy asked her if Jose asked her who she wants to speak with?  She says she picked DAD.  Cindy says fine, here is your dad and hands him the phone.  George gets on the phone and tells Casey she is the boss.  Casey said no she isn't.  She has told Jose everything and the media is not helping.  The LE did not even give her 24 hours to help find Caylee before putting her, here.  George wants to meet with Casey.  Casey said she already discussed this and she said yes.  George says it has not been set up.  George wants to meet with her privately, Casey says that Jose is keeping her advised of everything.  George says Jose should not be in the middle of Casey and Caylee.  She is taking up for Jose focusing on her.  She said she knows where everyone's priorities are, she has known from day one.  Casey is upset now, having a fit, she wants to speak now, the media is gonna have a field day.  CAN SOMEONE LET ME, COME ON,  NO ONE IS LETTING ME SPEAK, GIVE ME 3 SECONDS TO SPEAK, I AM NOT IN CONTROL OVER THIS.  MY ENTIRE LIFE HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM ME, EVERYTHING HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM ME.  JOSE IS THE ONLY ONE I CAN COUNT ON.  THE MEDIA IS SPINNING EVERYTHING I AM SAYING.  SHE DOESN'T WANT TO GIVE THE MEDIA ANYMORE TO THROW AT HER. Cindy says this will all go away when Caylee comes home.  Casey says she has been here for a month, what else and she do, she has been away for a month, Cindy says I am sorry. Casey says I am trying but I need to be home to help.  Here all I do is focus on myself and my case right now.  Cindy says no the focus needs to be on Caylee.  What else can we do.  Casey says I don't know.  CASEY IS GONNA HANG UP, SHE IS FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME SHE HAS BEEN ANGRY THIS ENTIRE TIME, SHE CANT EVEN SWALLOW RIGHT NOW. Cindy says she has been in Lakeville and Casey says so?  I have nothing right now.  Cindy says she has nothing either and Casey says she has dad and Lee and the community but Casey has nothing and no one.  Cindy said Jose has to honor her wishes.  Cindy tells her that Jose is in New York, Casey says he is there for me.  Cindy said to talk to Dominic while he is gone.  Casey said she knows who she can talk to and who she can't.  She hopes they tell her what she is honestly up against.  Casey says I know what I am up against.  Cindy said we dint have the means to get you out and Casey said you did have the opportunity and you blew it.  She is the maddest she has ever been right now.  She is so mad and hurt right now.  George says he is sorry they are upsetting her.  Casey says they are to expect her to know something new right now, after she has been in jail for a month.  She has given everything she knows.  George says it is just hard, they have never been through this before.  Casey said they need to stick together.  She is mad at Cindy for saying Cindy has nothing when she is the one sitting in jail.  They have each other all she has is Jose.  Casey wants them to understand her side on this.  She knows all of their side but no one will see her side.  She doesn't want to give anyone else anything to throw back at her at trial.  George said he is just trying to help.  Casey said she wants to see Lee but he would interrogate her.  Mom would dominate her.  Dad you and I have been separated for awhile and she only wants to see her dad, George says thank you.  She said it was hard to choose between the 3 of you and I made a choice and I want you DAD.  Cindy collapsed.  Casey said it was a hard decision but she wants to see her DAD.  Casey say she is just sitting there biding her time, George wants her to expedite this and tell them I want to see my DAD and I want to see my DAD now, Casey said she has tried that.  It didn't work.  George is gonna do this on his own and get them together.  Casey says OK.  George asks her how she got through Caylee's birthday, she said she didn't she had her head under the covers and read her bible, it was the first time she broke down and she is still recovering from that.  Hearing that mom made her special chili and people were over and she is mad about that.  George said it was just us and mom made her great chili and cornbread.  There was one young guy that came, they never met him before and let him in, he was alone.  Casey said well the bible says to love thy neighbor and she is glad they let him come.  George said he was a great guy and they are glad he came.  George is asking about her eating and she is saying that she eats and sleeps so the jail won't worry and bother about her.  George says Casey is lucky to be in protective custody and Casey says no other people are too but they aren't bombarded by the media.  She is sorry she upset mom today but she had to let her emotion out today, she is so frustrated.  George thought she would not see them today and is thankful she did.  They think this won't be released.  Casey says I am an emotional wreck and she wants this personal.  She doesn't want this to be another business transaction.  She is sorry she upset mom but she is upset and getting sick too.  Cindy is on the phone, Casey says I am sorry I upset you.  I can't hold my frustration in all the time.  Cindy says you don't know how hard this is?  Casey says ya cuz I'm in Jail?  Cindy says it is obscene what people are saying.  Casey says she hears it too and it sickening and disgusting and people need to get a life and shut up.  They are sad people passing judgments about stuff they don't know, stuff is all fabricated and twisted.  I am not giving the media anything when I get out of here, sucks for them but too bad.  I will do whatever the Hell I have to.  Cindy says do you still think she is ok?  Casey says I feel stronger every day that she is coming home.  Cindy wants to know what to say to Zanny?  Casey says just tell her I forgive her and I want my baby back.  Cindy says do you think they will actually give her back?  Casey says I don't know, I hope so, the family is broken and it's a tragedy.  She doesn't want to be one of those parents that have to wonder every day if she is gonna wonder where Caylee is ever day for the rest of her life.  Casey is mad at Cindy now for asking for info and she says that is why she wants to talk to DAD, only.  She chose DAD for a reason, she took a half hour to think of who she wanted but she picked DAD.  It was a hard choice but she made it.  Cindy said it was hard going in Caylee's room now and Casey says I saw you in there in People magazine.  Cindy says I want my girls back, I know where you are but I want Caylee.  Casey says she is not ok in jail but Cindy says at least you are safe.  Cindy says I don't know if they are feeding her, Casey says mom I feel she is ok, even on her birthday I could feel that entire day, she was still ok.  Cindy says a lot of people we don't know are sending Caylee balloons and stuffed animals.  Casey says she is glad that have support and Casey has gotten letters of support.  Cindy wants to know why someone can send her a bible but she couldn't.  Jose tried to give it to her, they don't know who has the bible from Cindy.  Jose probably still has that bible.  George is talking, George wants her to write Sheriff Kevin Beary and she wants to see him and do it today.  Casey said how am I going to get it to him.  George is telling her how and she says she is going to do that.  They can make it a private face to face meeting.  Without anyone else being there.  George trusts the people but Casey doesn't trust them.  Now Casey doesn't trust it at all.  George tells her how quick it can happen and gives her the info about Kevin Beary again.  Casey says she will do that this morning.  George says great, then I can hug you and talk to you.  Casey says even then all I can do is tell you I love you.  Casey says she wants to do this.  George says I love you so much and Casey says she loves him and she loves lee and she is sorry she missed a visit with Lee and she is sorry she missed a visit with George and Cindy.  Casey says that she knows Lee got sick from running himself ragged.  George says this is their 24 hour a day job.  Casey wants to be home so she can get Caylee back faster.  George tells her again to set up the meeting with him.  Casey says she was the boss but she isn't know, she is being told what do to everyday and when to do it.  Cindy is on the phone, Casey said it is hard on everybody and she wishes she could make it easier.  Cindy wants to know if she wants more visits?  Casey says they can show these videos and Cindy says they are going to pick and choose what they put on the TV.  Cindy says the media is being nice to them again.  Casey says good, if they are nice talk to them if not don't.  She says she is not giving them S&it cuz she is a victim as much as the rest of you.  Please give Lee my love and Mallory my love, I love you mom.  George is on the phone and says know you can trust me.  She says I know that.  Visit is over.

Judge calls a sidebar......................

Judge tells jury to ignore opinions made about Baez.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2011, 05:54:08 PM »

11:42 Friday, June 2, 2011 Court in session:

Next witness, Charity Beasley, LDP is questioning her.

She is a CSI for the sheriff.  She collected items.  She had the car towed to the forensic lab, she sealed the car with tape prior to it being towed from the Hopespring Drive, she followed the tow truck, she followed the entire way and turned it over to CSI Boise.  She was given items at the residence by Cindy Anthony.  Some of the items were given in a blue plastic crate.  A doll, a backpack, a toothbrush, misc items and plastic hangers.  She was also given a laptop by Cindy.  It was unplugged and off.  Did she try to turn it on?  No she did not.  She filled out a property form when she collected the items.  She recorded the items on the property form with the name and number of the laptop. She refreshed her memory of the name and number of the laptop.  It is the one she collected, she recorded the info about it at the Anthony residence.  She provided the other items to CSI Boise, she gave the laptop to another CSI Kahn.

Mason is up,

When you went to the Hopespring Drive had you talked to Det Melich? No.  You didn't go there blind, what did you know?  I was told it was a missing persons case.  Mr Mason is telling her to look at him, she is looking at the jury.  Mason asks her about the towing of the car, where you there to be official about the towing of the car?  Yes, I was there to see to it and seal it.  Mason asks did you seal the trunk? Yes.  Did you smell any odors from the trunk of that car?  She does not recall.  Mason asks her this computer you were handed by Cindy, did you open it?  No.  Did you look to see if it had a live battery? No.  You just handed it over to Ms Khan?  Yes.  Were you involved in anything else in this case? No sir I was not.

No questions by Linda, witness excused.

Jury is recessed for lunch until 1:30 pm.  Talking to the jury about their lunch variety changing next week, they will be taken to another floor for a buffet to be brought in.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 05:55:37 PM »

1:30pm Court is in Session:

Mason and LDB taking up matters before the jury comes in about not wasting the court's time.

Jury is coming in next witness is Wilda McBride.

LDB is questioning her. 

How are you employed?  Orange county sheriff's office for 10yrs.  Worked in Missing Persons unit as a Missing Person's Unit.  She is not a sworn law officer.  She assists them doing background work.  In July, 2008 she met with George, did he take you to a location off of Narcoosee Rd.  Caylee was missing and she was told by Det Melich to take him to Johnson's Wrecker on July 16, 2008 to recover a garbage bag.  it was already dark out, the gate was closed they called the number on the gate and called the number on the gate and they gained entrance into Johnson's Towing, she showed him OC Sheriff ID.  George Anthony was there and showed her which dumpster the garbage bag was in.  She had a camera with her.
She is shown the dumpster they went to in a picture, the photo is accurate, this was taken prior to them looking in the dumpster.  The picture is published to the jury.  There are sections to the lid of the dumpster, they were not that way when she got there, they were opened by her and George Anthony and an employee of Johnson's Wrecker,  nothing inside was touched prior to taking this photo.  Showing a picture of 2 trash bags inside the dumpster the one on the right with blue handles is the one in question with a pizza box inside.  This photo is accurate prior to removing it from the dumpster.  It is published to the jury.  It is a white large trash bag, partially filled, with blue handles showing.  The witness is circling the bag they removed.  She never opened that bag, no one else touched the bag but her and she had gloves on, she retrieved it and put it in a brown paper bag.  She covered the top of the brown paper bag with another paper bag to fully enclose the white bag.  She closed her official vehicle trunk and no one had access to the bag.  George never touched the bag, he was dropped off at home on the way to the OC Sheriff's office.  She took it directly to CSI Bloise.  She never had access to it again, she just did the property item form for it and then Det melich came down.  She was also retrieved other items from 4937 Hopespring Drive on July 17th, 2008, digital camera and a tower computer.  The time she got them was 12:15pm, July 17th, 2008, she and Tanya Depanio also was with her.  They were an HP Pavilion Tower and a Polaroid Digital camera.  She took them to the OC Sheriff's office and turned them in as evidence.
Witness is excused.........

Next witness Christine Narkiewizz........

LDB questioning her.....

She is a CSI for OC Sheriff's office, she has degree's in criminal science, she is getting her masters in criminal science, in July she had been employed since March 2008.  Det Melich gave her crime scene items. She was asked to go to OC Correctional Facility to take samples from Casey Anthony.  She refers to her report, she arrived at 2144 hours, she got Buccal swabs from Casey from both sides of her cheek.  She used sealed sterile items to obtain samples, she wore gloves and a mask.  Linda shows her a package containing 2 Buccal swabs from the left cheek of Casey Anthony's mouth, the envelope is sealed, she is breaking the seal and looking inside.  She says those are the swabs she took, she sees her handwriting and seals on the swabs.  Linda hands her another envelope and she says it contains 2 Buccal swabs from the right cheek of Casey Anthony, she opens the item and says it does contain those items, she can see her ID on them.  Her handwriting and her seals.  They were turned over to CSI Bloise, they were sealed prior to handing them over.  They were taken and handed over the same day, July 21, 2008.  She also collected hair standards from Casey Anthony.  She followed FBI protocol for loose hair and pulled hair.  Casey rubbed through her hair and as hair fell out it fell on a brown paper.  She pulled the other hairs out of Casey Anthony's hair.  The paper was part of a large roll in her CSI van and only taken out when utilized.  Linda is showing her another envelope, the witness says it has her handwriting on it and her initial with the seal and the date, it also said loose head hair standards.  The item was sealed by her on the day taken, July 21, 2008, it was turned over to CSI Bloise.  They are talking about pulled head hair.  She used disposable tweezers but they didn't work properly so she used her hands.  She used gloves and took care to make sure she didn't mix in her skin cells or hair with the pull head hair of Casey Anthony.  Linda is showing her another envelope, she says it is her handwriting and it has her initials and the date and that it contains pulled hair samples of Casey Anthony on July 21, 2008, they were sealed and she turned them over to CSI Bloise.
Linda is showing her 3 envelopes, looking at first one, she recognizes it is her handwriting, initials and date, it says 4 toothbrushes from Caylee Anthony that she obtained from Det. Melich, it was sealed and dated July 28, 2008.  The next envelope has her handwriting, initials and date on it, it contains one hair brush of Caylee Anthony, it was sealed July 28, 2008.  Hands her the third envelope, has her initials, handwriting and the date it contains one comb of Caylee Anthony, dated July 28, 2008 given to her by Det Melich, Linda hands her another envelope, she recognizes it, has her initials, handwriting and seal, it says one thermometer of Caylee Anthony, given to her by Det Melich.  She points out Casey as the one that she took samples from, Baez stipulated to it so she didn't have to point her out in court.

Baez up..............

You wore gloves? Yes.  That is to protect cross contamination? Yes.  You take extraordinary precautions while taking DNA samples?  Correct.  You also wore a mask to avoid contamination?  Yes.  While collecting DNA you don't speak?  Yes.  You are aware now that you don't need lots of blood to get DNA? Yes.  In the process of gathering DNA, you also know about touch DNA?  Yes.  The packaging you use, protects the DNA sample?  Yes.  If we go back 20 years we can still get that DNA?  Yes, if has not all been used.

Witness is excused.

Next witness is Geraldo Bloise.

He is employed by OC Sheriff's office for 11 years as CSI2, he has prior experience with being a police officer in San Juan Puerto Rico, he has training with the FBI.  He has a BA and a Masters Degree in CSI.  He processes crime scenes and documents, collects and preserves crime scene evidence, he does not do analysis.  On July 16, 2008 he received a white Pontiac Sun fire.  He got it through Det Beasley, it came on a tow truck, to the forensic garage.  It went into a bay.  It arrived in good condition, all doors, hood and trunk were sealed. 

WISH ME LUCK, I CAN BARELY UNDERSTAND HIM, lol

Linda is showing him a pic of the White Pontiac Sun fire, he is showing on the picture where the seals are located.  Picture published to the jury.  Shows him next photo of the front of the car, he shows her the seals on the hood. Published to jury.  Shows another pic of car, driver side, points out the seals.  He also obtained other items from Det Beasley, they were in a black plastic garbage bag.  Linda hands him a brown envelope and another brown envelope.  He recognizes them because of his handwriting and the date, this is a black plastic bag with yellow handles given to him by Det Beasley.  He was also give a blue plastic crate, the crate contained a doll, a child's backpack, a toothbrush, other paper items and plastic clothes hangers.  He has come into contact with the odor of human decomposition, about 30 to 40 times and has gone to get fingerprints of decomposing bodies at the ME.  He has had experience with different levels of decomposition.  In dumpsters and landfills.  He broke the seal on the driver side door first, he immediately smelled the odor of decomp coming from the car.  That is the first part of the car he inspected and documented.  To document it, he took pics of the exterior and interior, documented what he observed in notes to use in a written report.  Showing a pic of the gas gauge.  He determined the gas gauge was working properly, he took a pic first, then poured in more gas and took another pic to show the gas gauge was working, this was several months later.  His opinion is the gas gauge was working correctly.  Published all of that to the jury.  Showing a pic of the driver's seat interior, published to the jury.  Shows another pic of the driver's seat.  The pic shows sunglasses a black CD case and a brown belt.  Published to jury.  Shows another pic of the rear passenger side with a baby car seat and a pair of black shoes.  Shows another pic of the baby car seat, it fairly and accurately shows the car that day.  Published to jury.  Shows another pic of driver side backseat, shows a pair of shoes and a pair of boots and a fabric softener sheet.  He knows that to be a dryer sheet.  Published to jury.  Shows another pic, it is underneath the vehicle, it fairly and accurately shows the underneath of the car on July 16, 2008, published to jury.  He determined that there were items under the car.  He did find a dry leaf under the front tire and under the back area.  There were no animal parts underneath the car. Next pic shows the trunk of the car, it fairly and accurately shows the trunk of the car on July 16, 2008, published to jury.  What is circled near the center?  A plastic item that holds the spare tire down.  He removed the plastic item.  He placed markers in the trunk to mark items in the trunk, shows a pic of these markers in the trunk, published to jury.  Marker A was for a dryer sheet, a diff dryer sheet than the rear inside.  The marker B shows dirt residue.  Next picture shows the back area of the spare tire cover well, it has been removed from the car.  The spare tire cover was removed, the picture fairly and accurately shows the well after the cover was removed.  The picture shows a piece removed, wood and carpet.  Next picture shows Marker C the inside of the trunk the location where he located a dry leaf.  He circled the dry leaf.  The spare tire was with the car when he received it, the spare tire would of covered the dry leaf.  The spare tire cover made of wood and carpet would of covered the area where the dry leaf was found.

Court is in recess at 2:55pm for a break.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2011, 05:56:41 PM »

3:10pm Court is Back in session, Friday June 3, 2011

Linda is back up, Geraldo Bloise is the witness.

Showing him a pic of the trunk area when he removed the trunk liner and the tire.  Next photo shows the liner after it was removed from car.  It is published to the jury.  Looking at markers, letter L and letter R, showing left side and right side of spare tire cover.  It is one piece of continuous fabric that covered the trunk at one time.  Next photo shows a close up of the removed trunk liner, the left side area, the pointer 12 shows a hair he found, it is published to the jury.  Pointer Marker 12 shows a single human hair, he took a close up of the hair.  Show the photo of this.  This is a close up of the hair. it fairly and accurately depicts the hair.  Published to the jury.  Showing him in the same photo a small red fabric fiber by the hair, he is outlining where the hair is.  Showing then where the hair was located on the trunk picture where that hair would of been if the liner was still in the trunk. Shows next photo, it is a blue plastic crate, he received from Det Beasley.  He secured the whole crate in a box and then secured it in an evidence locker.  Next photo is of a child's backpack, then preserved it as evidence.  He collected other evidence from the trunk over the next days, other hairs, dryer sheet.  Linda hands him an envelope and he recognizes it with his initial and the tag number and the time 1447 hours and 7-17-08 and where he found this hair.  This is a different hair than the one from the pointer marker 12,  this hair came from the front of the trunk, he collected it with a tweezer with a magnifier.  He then sealed it, preserved it and submitted it to the lab.  Gives him next envelope, he recognizes it as his name, 7-17-2008 1440 hours, it is a dryer sheet found in the trunk of the car.  Next envelope, he recognizes his name, 7-17-08, 1600 hours, location collected inside the trunk floor, petri dish containing dirt and hair.  Next envelope, he recognizes his name and collected inside trunk, well area, dirt particles, 7-17-2008, 12:16am.  Next envelope,  he recognizes, located well trunk, right side, petri dish with dirt and hair.  Next envelopes, recognizes 7-22-2008 1800 hours, location, spare tire cover, petri dish with hair.  Next envelope, recognizes location spare tire cover, petri dish with hair.  Next envelope, recognizes 7-23-08 1600 hours, location bottom of the radiator under car, dry leaf.  Next envelope, recognizes 7-23-08 2348, location on backseat under black shoes, dryer sheet from backseat of car.  Next envelope, recognizes 7-25-08 1400 hours, location under front liner of trunk, petri dish with hair.  Next one, recognizes 7-25-08 location liner of trunk, petri dish of hair.  Next item, 7-25-08 1410hrs, located left sight of trunk liner, petri dish of hair.  Next one, 7-25-08 1415 hrs, location left side trunk liner, petri dish with hair.  Next one, 7-25-08, 1418hrs, location left side of trunk liner, petri dish with hair.  Next one, 7-25-08, 1420hrs, location left liner by turn signal, petri dish with hair.  Next item, 7-25-08, 1422 hrs, location left side liner, petri dish with hair.  This is the item 21 in the photograph with marker 12.  All of this evidence is sealed and not tampered with in any way.  Next item, witness is standing down to examine it.  He recognizes item 7-17-08, came from interior of trunk, description, right side liner, left side liner, spare tire cover.  The left and right are separate, the spare tire cover has been cut, there are 3 pieces in this box of evidence.  He takes the witness stand again.  Linda is opening the box....Jeff is helping, opening with a scissor.  Witness is coming down to the box.  Helping to open it.  Bloise puts on gloves.....seeing item #26 spare tire cover, Bloise retrieves it and shows it to jury.  Linda is marking it with a yellow note.  He sat that down.  Reaches in for Item #22, it is piece of the spare tire cover, from the spare tire well.  There are other items in the box, the left side of the liner, the plastic cover from the trunk. Reaches in for the right side of liner, Linda is marking these items as they come out.  Witness is taking stand again.  Linda hands him an envelope, he recognizes it item #27, 7-??-08, 1300 hrs, two swabs the trunk.

Five minute recess till 4:05 pm, stretch break.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 05:57:40 PM »

I want to add this to my summary, that piece of cut trunk liner seems to be Red's CAN OF DEATH!!!!!

Hope they get to open it for the jurors, it still must reek, it has been sealed allllllll this time!!!!!!

Here is to hoping. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.