March 28, 2024, 02:48:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MAGIC EYES RECAPS  (Read 108349 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 07, 2011, 07:59:04 PM »

When I first heard Baez's opening statement, I was thinking, ok, it's been more than 3 minutes, why don't we know?  He threw Kronk under the bus and I was thinking, ok.....we knew that could happen.  Then he through the whole dysfunctional family under the bus and I thought ok, as a whole, he is probably right.  Then he got to what happened that day and said it was an accident, Caylee drowned in the pool and George found her.  Even if Caylee did drown and George had her in his arms, why would he hide it?  He would immediately do something about it, their *dirty little secret* would have nothing to do with an accidental drowning.  It makes absolutely no sense.  I still don't know what to believe about George or Lee and sexual abuse on Casey.  What would that have to do with an accident that happened with both Casey and George at home?  Baez never said that, Casey was being sexually abused against her will and Casey died because they weren't watching her.  They couldn't find a 2 year old and they knew she could get out the screen porch and they didn't both head straight for the pool?  Would of been my first look, anywhere else in the house would of been safe.  Who would look under beds or in closets, first?  Then Baez added the crime scene and how the police were hiding something about searching there.  The picture of Det. Allen pointing in the direction of the remains, means nothing.  He was pointing to a general area.  People that were right there on the scene said it was covered in water.  The police fired the one officer that didn't do his job and investigate what Kronk was telling him.  They fired him because he lied about what happened.  Baez also threw the prosecution under the bus for rushing to judgment about Casey's guilt.  It sounded somewhat good at the time, more in a what in the world moment, than anything that made sense.  It was every single theory that monkey's have put out there.  Throw it all against the wall and see if anything sticks.  The jury is going to long forget that opening statement, after they hear weeks  and weeks of powerful evidence against Casey and Casey alone.

Should we still be worried about what the jury can do, of course but remaining positive and believing in the truth is going to carry the day.  If they were so sure this was an accident and had a witness to it, George.  Why would they allow Casey to spend almost 3 years in jail and face a death penalty?  The answer to me is, they wouldn't.  They aren't grasping at straws they are grasping in thin air and it has no substance.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 08:11:07 PM »

Sorry about all the typo's in my last post.  I am trying to not over-think my posts and just hit post.  The one sentence should of read:

Baez never said that, Casey was being sexually abused against her will and Caylee died because they weren't watching her.

I also forgot about a few other things Baez threw under the bus.  The hair, the air sample, Dr. Vass in particular, the FBI, Oakridge and I am sure there are many more I can't think of right now.  I am going to re-watch the entire opening and look for more.

Oh, I just thought of one more.......if only the *lying canine* wasn't retired, they could just talk to him, lol.  The jury has to be thinking this is as crazy as it sounded.  Just too much stuff to explain an accidental drowning of a beloved baby.  Baez made a point of putting George at the house with Casey at the time of the accident.........he should of really thought that out.  Why wouldn't it still be an accident?  Makes absolutely no sense, never will.  Why would any of them duct tape her mouth?  She was already accidentally dead.  Where in the world did Kronk just happen to find her?  Not just one piece of duct tape to make it look like an abduction killer but three pieces, covering both the mouth and the nose.  Just doesn't work. Casey couldn't admit to an accident that never happened, because the cause of death would of been apparent and it most certainly wasn't an accidental drowning. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 08:14:33 PM »

One other thing that is bothering me and has since Linda began this morning.  Let me preface this by saying, I still say she did an amazing job this morning and she wants justice for Caylee as much as we do and for all of the right reasons.  I don't think she or the state of the LE rushed to judgment at all.  I think they dotted every i and crossed every t.  The problem I had with her opening statement was her lack of visuals.  The defense had visual after visual along with Baez's stupid white board and markers.  Where were the pictures of Caylee?  I know someone tweeted that they showed one picture of Caylee along side of a picture of her precious remains.  Why not have picture after picture of her?  Why not have the time line and the party pictures up front and personal for all of the jurors.  I just don't understand why it was all spoken word, no matter how well it was done.  They knew that the defense was going to go after Dr. Vass, why didn't they let the jury know what an amazing man he was?  I know that hindsight is 20/20 but could they really not see Baez having a Perry Mason moment?  I have been afraid of it for a long time.  How does the saying go, "when you have the law on your side, use the law but when you have nothing, use everything?"  That is exactly what Baez did and now the state has to live every accusation Baez threw out there. 

Where did he come up with the Dr. Vass finding bodies with coat hangers?  I have yet to read or hear of that anywhere.

If opening statements were meant to be no holds barred, why did Linda not use the same tactics?  Don't mean to sound harsh to Linda, just feeling very afraid at the moment.  I am never watching JVM again.  I usually stick to that rule but so many others were watching her, I gave in and did it too.  I have learned my lesson. 

Thank you all for being here, it means so much to me and I know Caylee is watching us.  an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 08:27:14 PM »

Tony just sunk the defense.  Casey never told him that she was sexually abused by George and if Lee did try to "feel her up", it didn't happen.  Every time this abuse came up it was to boyfriends that she wanted to be feeling sorry for her....or a jail pal where she may have been "cooking" up her defense.

Cindy, looked like she could hug Tony and I mean that in a good way.  George looked like, he was relieved the truth was being told, no matter what. George and Cindy and Lee have stood by her from the beginning and they are now realizing that she was and is EVIL, evil enough to kill Caylee and evil enough to use her own family as pawns for her defense.

Baez, had no defense and threw George under the bus without another thought. 

I am coming closer and closer to feeling sorry for George. These accusations if not true must be such a crippling blow from his only daughter, who he has tried to help for almost 3 years.  I still need to hear from Cindy and Lee to see what they will now say.  Hopefully, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  I am leery of sympathy for any of them.....do I need to be talked out of drinking any of the Kool-Aid or are any of you feeling the same way?  It is almost scary to put it in type, they have taken us on such a crazy ride.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 08:44:50 PM »

Baez just asked for a mistrial, because the state are defaming his clients character?  It isn't going over very well so far.  When the state asks each witness did they see Casey looking for Caylee, was she missing Caylee? etc etc.  The judge says Baez, you keep asking each witness if she was a good mother, etc, etc....same difference. 

Motion for mistrial DENIED 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 08:47:52 PM »

News bulletin just in:

Amazing mothers do not allow their toddlers to sleep in the same bed as men they have just met!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They also do not allow them to open doors to strangers or be out on 2nd floor balconies alone.

Do I think she beat Caylee constantly?  Probably not, do I think she ignored her when no one else was around?  Absolutely and she never provided a thing for that child, Cindy and George provided it.  I wish the state would bring that up each time.  She never provided anything that a normal parent would have to.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 08:49:55 PM »

Will Waters is now on the stand, he is the guy that had the huge crush on Casey and the one she went to Ikea with and also spent the 4th of July with.

She was leading him on and he was really falling for her.  She was the hostess for his party, was also the security so no one could still his stuff.  How ironic is that? lol  Monkey Devil!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 08:52:29 PM »

Can anyone tell me who this is and how he is affiliated?

Will Waters met Casey getting ready for a 4th of July party at his house.  She helped get the house ready for the party, went to the liquor store but had no ID with her.  She helped him with the party and he seemed to fall hard for her.  It was kind of pitiful hearing his puppy dog love for her in his statements and depositions.  He seemed to really want a girlfriend and a wife really bad.  She was stringing him along and watched fireworks with him, while Casey was texting Tony L, in NY.  She kept him on her list, in case, Tony L, really did not come back from NY.  She seemed to always be keeping a back-up boy somewhere.  She knew she had no where to go and she couldn't go back home.  The day or so after the party, Will Waters and Casey went to Ikea, she was gonna help him with what furnishings would be good for his house.  She also talked to him, till the time she picked Tony L. up from the airport on his return to Florida.  She was definitely leading Will Waters on.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 08:55:04 PM »

Will Waters says that Casey drove Amy's car to his house.  Said that her car was broken down and needed an alignment or tune-up.

On July 4th and 5th, Casey never told him that Caylee was kidnapped or missing, objection by state, over-ruled.

They went to target on July 5th, then Ikea, they spent 2 to 2 1/2 hours at Ikea, they were looking for furniture for her new house.  Casey was window shopping for her new house!!!!  Casey was gonna have a stay in nanny for Caylee at the new house.  Casey told him he was an event coordinate at Universal and she did a lot of the work at home on her computer.  They then went to Zaxby's Restaurant for lunch.

They were later suppose to go out to dinner and for a helicopter ride but Casey canceled on him.  Never happened, Tony was home.  Poor Will Waters was stood up at the last minute.  Casey told him she had trouble with a Na Naw.  He didn't know what a Na Naw was.  Lot's of text messaging after that but he never saw her again after July 5th.  They made plans after that but they never happened.  Of course not, her main squeeze, Tony L, was back in town and to her Will Waters didn't matter anymore.  People were just disposable to her.   

Defense questioning Will Waters now, talking about the "world" Casey was living in.  The made up world of her working and having a perfect life.  The world of Casey Anthony that he knew was that she was gonna move in with Amy and have a live-in nanny and pay for this with her job at universal.  She was living in a fake "world" and he believed every word  of it.  Almost too hard to listen too, he is making Casey seem like an alien instead of just plain EVIL. 

Was Will Waters there when Caylee drowned, when she died, same old questions.....

State now asking if Casey was convincing that she lived in this fake "world", I don't know why the state asked that. Will answered yes.  Wish Linda or Jeff would do all the questioning.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 08:56:50 PM »

Baez just said his "word" is his "word".  Ya, right, he has already gone back on his word, how many times?

Judge is denying Baez again.  The state is not going for remorse to a death, they are wondering why Caylee was not reported to anyone missing.  Period.

Denied, denied, denied.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »

Defense wants her video of buying beer out, makes her look bad.

State says she was over 21, nothing wrong with it, other than she had just killed her baby, well, I am saying that but they wanted to. 

Videos are authentic and will be admitted.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 09:00:42 PM »

Target videos are gonna be shown to the jury with a stipulation, the judge is now reading.  The video is a true and authentic represenation of that Target trip.

Jury now seeing Target videos.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 09:02:27 PM »

Techincal problems with Target video.  They have moved on to JC Penny video with a stipulation that it is true and accurate, they are showing it to the jury.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 09:03:55 PM »

Ikea video is now being played with the same stipulations.  Shows her and Will on their window shopping date.  Defense objected to all of these videos being shown because it shows "lack of remorse"  judge over-rules this everytime.

They are now gonna show Target Videos with the same stipulations.  All of these videos have objections from the defense, they are all over-ruled.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 09:06:51 PM »

Forgot to mention, Linda is questioning her.  Yay, love Linda.  She is pointing out what the dumpster and parking lot looked like where Casey abandoned the car.

This manager was at work, when she noticed the Pontiac Sunfire, parked by the dumpster.  They are showing how the car was parked in the space, she is saying the car was parked straight.  I thought Tony L, said it was in the space crooked?

First day the manager just noticed the car in the space, June 27th, sees it there on Sat, June 28th and she walked up to the car and got the tag number.  She looked around the car for a note to see that the car was left because they broke down and were coming back.  She looked inside the car and saw that it was messy with a blanket in the back seat.  She wrote down the tag number and called the Orlando Police Dpt to report an abandoned car.  They do that before they have the car towed, to see if it was reported stolen.  It had not been reported stolen.  She told her compliance officer and he said to wait one more day to have it towed.  They have a contract with Johnson Towing to do their tows.  She was off on Sunday but the car was still there on Monday and she called Johnson's tow company to have it towed.
The car didn't seem to have been moved during the 3 days it was in the Amscot parking lot.  She saw the tow truck come and saw them tow it away.  She noticed no odor from the car but there was an odor from the dumpster that is normal and usually there.  That place of the parking spot always smells.  There is a grocery store and a pizza parlor using the same dumpster.  No one ever came in and inquired about the vehicle.

Defense is up, they are asking her about the cameras that are up in the parking lot.  Baez is insinuating that the cameras should of acted as a deterrent for anyone to commit a crime or abandon a "dead body" car, as usual he is making no sense.  No further questions.

Linda up, asked about the odor and she said she smelled what she thought was the dumpster only.

Baez, making sure he got in that it was just "trash" she smelled.

Witness excused.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 09:08:25 PM »

Simon Birch, the tow company guy from Johnson's Wrecker Service, is the next witness called by the state.  He was the manager for day to day operations.  The company was secured with fences and barb wire.  He lived on site.  He received the car on June 30th.  Judge reads stipulation that it is a true and accurate statement that Johnsons received the car.  He is looking at paperwork on the car and says it is all true.  They notified the Orange County Sheriff they towed the vehicle and found the true owners.  George and Cindy Anthony.  The tow driver filled out all the right paperwork when he brought it in to the tow yard.  They then stored the vehicle according to company policy.  They introduced a picture of the tow yard to the jury.  Shows the mobile home Simon Birch lived in and that the tow yard was entirely fenced in.  Only the office during regular business hours was open to public access and it has bullet proof glass.  The rest of the yard is completely off limits to the public at all times.  He says the reason for the bullet proof glass is that people are never happy about having their cars towed.  Unless they are murderers, with a "dead body" car (added by me).  The car was secured for around 2 weeks.  Depending on the year of the vehicle than either take title or scrap it.  They sent out a notice on the 3rd business day to the last registered owner.  He started paying more attention to the car on the 3rd day, on the 4th or 5th day, he looked at it to see if it was worth their trouble to title the car.  Inspected it quite thoroughly.  He made sure the car was locked, it was.  He noticed a strong odor when he went to look through the window, with his hand up to the glass.  He use to work at a garbage company.  He was exposed to a wide variety of odors.  In his 30 years in the towing business, he has been exposed to up to 8 dead bodies in vehicles, that smelled.  He was also use to odors of items left in cars for long periods of time.  Cars are towed all the time with items in them that can eventually rot and stink.  He can distinguish trash or garbage from the smell of DECOMPOSITION.  IT IS VERY UNIQUE!!!!!  At first smell, he thought it might be decomp but it wasn't strong because the car was sealed.  His first thought was it smelled like decomp, it triggered his memory of decomp but it wasn't as strong as some he had smelled because the car was sealed.

Cindy and George came to the office, Cindy was having a fit and he came to his clerk to see what was going on.  Cindy was unruly and agitated, very upset, wanted to know why it cost so much and why they didn't notify them earlier.  He answered their questions, the mail was stuck in the mail during the 4th of July holiday and the Anthony's were gone the next weekend.  The mail was sent out on time but the Anthony's didn't know about it till that day. 

Lunch recess till 1:30pm.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 09:10:15 PM »

Simon Birch on the stand, Linda questioning him about the storage fee's and general info on the towing yard.  He first went to the car with George Anthony, NOT George and Cindy.  Showing a picture where the car was being kept and how he and George got to it.  Drawing a pathway from the office to where the car was kept.  They talked on the way to the car, George said he was sorry for Cindy's behavior.  George apologized profusely for Cindy. George told him that his grand daughter had been missing for a long time and they were under a lot of stress and would probably get divorced over this.  George had the keys to the car and thought George would just get in the car and drive away.  George got in the car and the car wouldn't start.  As the door was opened the smell came out intently, almost as you were releasing it into the atmosphere.  He said to himself, that is the smell of decomposition but he just said that is phew that is some odor.  He said it is not a smell you can forget, it is the same as he had just smelled recently from another decomposed body.  He doesn't know why he didn't say what it smelled like out loud but he didn't want to give his opinion on the odor with his grand daughter missing and George already so riled up.  The car had a very strong battery connection in it and it just re-fused to fire.  George had no gas can with him at that time and Simon Birch saw that the gas gauge was on E.  The battery was working but the car wasn't starting, he didn't think it was a battery issue.  George said then, I have some gas with me, let me go get it.  He brought back an old metal gas can, seen better days.  Not a new one.  It was well worn, it had no tape!!!!!!!!!  George didn't bring gas to the car at first, he waited to see if it would need it.  Simon suggested that the trunk be opened because of the odor.  They stood side by side, opened the trunk and the odor was very bad.  Flies flew out and they saw a white, standard garbage bag inside the trunk.  Nothing else in the trunk,  no other items stood out.  They looked in the garbage bag, side by side.  It had a drawstring pull.  Not sure who opened it, he was just trying to appease George.  Simon saw a pizza box and some papers, no food stuff!!!!!  The bag was very light and it was just regular household refuse, not like it could hold half a chicken that could create this smell.  Simon offered to dispose of it for him.  Simon took the bag out of the trunk and walked to the fence line, showing the jury where he went.  Used his left hand and threw it over the fence, a six foot fence.  It went over like you would expect a bag of papers to go over and he was gonna go get it and put it in the trash when George left.  He saw George drive out, George pulled out of fenced in area and said he was sorry again for the ruckus.  Simon went back later and put the bag in the dumpster.

Defense up now with Simon Birch, Baez asks him about notifying owners of towed cars.  Asks him about George telling him his daughter was missing.  Mr. Birch said that he knew the car smelled of decomp.  Baez is asking about the starting of the car and the gas.  Did George try to start the car before he went to get gas and Simon said yes.  Baez is referring to his deposition of 2008.  The deposition says that they opened the trunk before he got the gas.  At this point, I am confused.  Baez is meandering.  He is questioning Simon Birch on his expert opinion of odors.  George definitely brought gas can with him and it was an old metal can.  Took George back to the gas can in George's car and then back to the Pontiac.  He is asking Simon Birch if he would ever obstruct justice and if he would let a car with the smell of homicide in it drive away.  If he is such an expert and a part of the chain of custody of Orange County Sheriffs, why did he let the smelly car drive out and not notify anyone of the smell of death.  The car was later towed by Johnson Wrecker company to forensics and Birch never contacted the police then.  One of his guys told him that the car was taken to the forensics bay.  Simon never saw the car in the forensics bay at first, he did see it later on.  Police didn't take a statement from him till July 24, 2008, nine days after the car left his yard.  Baez is asking stupid questions, they are sustained!!!!   Simon agrees that later he knew that the car, the smell and the case were a significant issue.  He has a contract with Orange County, Baez is acting as if the towing company and Orange County were in cahoots about something.  George knew the car was at Amscot for 3 days, yet they were complaining about why they hadn't been notified before.  Baez is obviously trying to imply something here, he kind of gave up and stopped the questioning.

Linda asking Mr Birch about calling the police the day he saw the Anthony's on TV.  He attempted to find the bag in the dumpster.  The bag was not there.  When he couldn't find the bag, he then called the police.  The bag was only over the fence for minutes before he put it in the dumpster.  Linda asked him if the smell seemed to follow the bag as he threw it over the fence.  Before Baez could object, he said no, it didn't seem to.  Meaning it was not the bag that smelled, it was the car. 

Baez asking stupid, meandering questions and doesn't complete most of them.  He is going in circles and Mr Birch is as confused as I am.  Baez seems to be making a big deal out of when the Anthony's were notified of the car.  Now Baez is asking him about what he told the police on the phone.  He says he believes that a pizza box was in the bag but he may have recollected it from what he saw on TV.  Baez is spinning and so is my head.  Mr Birch said he was 70 percent sure that a pizza box was in there but not 100 percent sure.  Mr Birch comes across as very, very believable and honest.  He is challenging Baez, yay!!!!!  He can't swear he saw a pizza box but he is pretty sure. 

Baez is done and so is Casey, stick a fork in her.  ::justice2NJ::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 09:11:49 PM »

George is on the stand, Jeff is questioning him.  Where was the notice found?  On the front door on Sunday, which they don't use, they use the garage drawer.  The notice was just for certified mail from Johnson, they didn't know what it was about.  The post office wasn't open Sunday, George couldn't go on Monday because he had job interview.  On Tuesday George went to the Post office and got the certified letter.  He then saw that it was from a towing company.  It said that the car was towed on June 30th, George was concerned because he thought Casey had the car and why didn't they know Casey didn't have the car.  Casey was supposed to have the car in Jacksonville, Florida.  George called Cindy and then went to the tow company.  He went alone first and they told him it was over 500 dollars and George was mad that they weren't notified sooner.  It was there for over 2 weeks and the tow yard was just a short distance away.  Cindy said she would come home and take George to get the car.  George brought a gas can with him because it was a common thing for him to bring gas to a car that had been left and towed.  They were very upset at the cost of the tow.  Mr Birch gave them a little discount just to get them out of there.  Cindy was being very, very vocal.  They paid and George was escorted out to the car.  George could smell the car from 3 feet away.  The odor reminded George of something he smelled, years prior and he was concerned.  You never forget that smell, George thought it could be his daughter or his grand daughter at the same time.  He was hoping that they weren't in the trunk dead.  He didn't want to believe what he was smelling.  The odor it reminded him from his past was that of a human corpse!!!!!  He had a set of keys with him.  When he got to the car, he checked it for damage.  He unlocked the car and opened the driver's side door, the odor was worse.  He saw no blood inside and that relieved him a bit.  The car would turn over but it was out of gas.  He went to the trunk and either whispered out loud or to himself, please don't let it be Casey or Caylee.  He found the bag, it had maggots, a Arm and Hammer container, a pizza box.  He hadn't touched the bag yet, it was partially opened.  Then Simon said this has to be the smell of your car and Simon threw it out.  Simon reached in and pulled out the bag and threw it over the fence.  George was relieved that no body was in the trunk.  George never touched the bag but he could see through the bag and saw a pizza box and the detergent container.  George and Simon went to his car, got gas and took gas back to the Pontiac.  When he got back to the car it was still very smelly, even though the bag was out.  He had to drive the car home with the windows down, he could of never of driven with them up.  He just wanted to get it home, he was very upset and concern that he didn't know where Casey and Caylee were.  Cindy followed him home, it was raining so he had to put it in the garage to air it out.  He opened the sun roof, all windows and the trunk.  George is the one that always maintained the car, washing, vacuuming, etc.  George noticed a stain in the trunk he had never seen before, a subtle stain about the size of a basketball.  He couldn't tell if it was a wet stain or a powdery one.  The car was messy inside, Jeff, laughs and says maybe by your standards.  Showing a picture of the inside of the Pontiac Sun fire, jury gets to see it.  Front seat picture shown, backseat picture shown. George says the cleanliness appears to be the same as he saw it.  George went to work shortly after because it was his new job.  Cindy said that she would try to get hold of Casey.  Jeff is done, subject to recall, recess for 15 min.

To me, it sounds like George himself did no cleaning of the car.  I think this is where Cindy becomes the car cleaner.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 09:13:24 PM »

George is going back on the stand.  Baez is going to cross-examine him. 

Baez has George write on the stupid, huge calendar, the day he found the tow notice.  He is questioning George about how long takes to be delivered from a mile and a half away.  George says he has no idea.  Baez is asking him dumb questions, they are sustained.  Cindy found the notice on the front door.  George doesn't know exactly where Cindy found it but he thinks, in the crease of the door.  No, they haven't used that door and they couldn't see it from the street.  No other notices on the door with it.  The notice was not RED as Baez suggests, George says it was pale, yellowish color.  George doesn't control when mail is delivered but he usually picks it up.  George doesn't have a problem with the mail service lol he just doesn't control it.  It usually works out pretty good lol  That entire week, he only got that one notice from the tow yard?  Yes, Baez is asking stupid questions, all sustained.  No second notice from tow yard, no 3rd notice, no final notice.  More dumb questions, all sustained.  George never received another notice that entire week.  You can see front door from the front, basically but he didn't see the notice.  George called Amscot the day he got the notice, after he went to work.  He called Cindy to come get him to take him to the tow yard and he knew to take the gas can with him from past experiences.  Baez wants to know if he had lucky thinking the car was out of gas?  Sustained.  Was it a fortunate guess? lol Sustained.  Baez seems very lost.  George doesn't remember which gas can he took to the tow yard, so he can't know if it had duct tape.  Baez is fishing and fishing. SUSTAINED OVER AND OVER.  George hadn't spoken himself to Casey since June 24th.  Was George concerned when he went to the tow yard about the two most precious things in his life.  He told people at the tow yard, that he hadn't seen his grand daughter or his daughter.  Actually only one, Simon Birch.  He knew his son had already gone looking for Casey by the time he went to the tow yard.  He was concerned when he went to the tow yard.  Baez is spinning and spinning.  When George got in the car, he smelled decomp, he did not ask Mr Birch to go with him to the trunk.  Baez is going to a transcript with LE.  The judge is making him read the whole paragraph of the statement, not just a bit.  Baez starts reading something completely different and Jeff asks for a sidebar.  Baez is sooo messy. 

Baez is reading from the transcript.  It is George asking Mr Birch to walk to the trunk with him.  George says yes that must be true.  Baez asks George if he wants to distance himself from the evidence.  George says, no and wants to explain that he just didn't know that something was really, really wrong.  Baez asks him if he is a stand up guy and George says, yes.  Baez fumbles, Jeff objects, sustained and stricken.  All George saw in the trunk was a bag of garbage.  Judge is scolding Baez.  George never smelled a worsening smell of decomp, just decomp.  Baez is making it seem that George never touched the bag, because he didn't want to leave fingerprints.  He should of known it was a potential crime scene, either as a detective or a human being.  He should of called 911, why didn't he?  George says looking back, he would of done a lot of things differently.  George didn't think the car was evidence at the time, he was hoping that the smell was from the garbage, even though he thought it might be decomp.  Baez asking stupid questions, sustained.  George told no one when he got to work about the car or the smell.  George says he went to the police without Cindy knowing about it.  It wasn't a secret, he was just doing anything to find his grand daughter.  George admits that in his transcript to LE that he had knowledge of what a dead body smelled like and it was 6 months before Caylee's body was found.  That doesn't even make sense as I type it but that is what was said, lol.  They are at the judge's bench now, have been for some time.  Baez is very animated, Jeff is very composed, Mason is just probably mumbling......

He asked George if he knew Caylee was dead when he drove that car home.  He knew as a former detective to distance himself from that car.  Sustained

Jeff is back up.  George doesn't know when the notice was place on his front door.  He didn't see it till Sunday.  If Caylee drowned, and George took that lil girl's body down to the swamp then there would be no evidence in the car?  George says NO!!!!!!

George leaves the witness stand.

IF IT MAKES NO SENSE, THERE IS NO DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::justice2NJ::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 09:15:07 PM »

Just a quick note, my posts today are not transcripts and they are not verbatim.  I am just typing fast as they talk, hit spell check and then post.  Please don't kill the messenger.  I am doing it as much as I can for Boo and other monkeys at work.  Klaas, if you don't want me to do this, please let me know.   

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.