March 28, 2024, 03:43:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MAGIC EYES RECAPS  (Read 108350 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 09:16:48 PM »

Tony Lazzaro is back on the stand.  They ask him what his AOL name is for and what is Casey's.  His is just his parts of his name and the lucky number 7.  Casey's is CaseyOMarie.  They are looking at AOL instant messages between him and Casey. They want them entered into evidence and Baez objects....another sidebar

They sent the jurors out, the judge has a problem with the dates of the IM's.  The IM's the judge read are naughty in nature and JP doesn't want to know why they want them in.  Judge P reads that Casey tells him that he can't come over but in a few days he can come over whenever and however in a few days.  Mr George says that it shows that it will be after the baby and the parents are gone.  Judge is questioning him how it comes in and Mr George says that it shows motive, JP wants to know how.  She was locked in that home because of her daughter, after she kills her she won't be.  JP is not going to let it in.  He is gonna let the jury go for the day he wants to go over all other text messages.  Tony L. can stand down.  Jury is told they are going to see the Lightning game 7 in quality on a 65inch TV.  JP is very sweet to the jury and they are very sweet back to him.  Jury is excused till 9am tomorrow.

I sure wish those juicy IM's came in, would give the jury an idea of the Casey we know.  Don't think the state will need them, the case they are building seems huge. IMO

Recess till copies of messages can be made.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 09:36:32 PM »

Oh no, I have been typing since the trial started.  I hit something and I lost the whole thing.  Don't know what happened and I can't seem to find it anywhere.  It was just in the reply box. I am so sad.

Tony was up first, Mr George questioned him about the night of July 16, 2008,  They talked about a Blockbuster receipt, it was dated July 16th, at 7pm, 2008.  Tony talked about Amy coming to the door and then Cindy.  Cindy was mad and told Casey she was going home, Casey said no, she was coming back.  They left.  Later a deputy came to Tony's and took Casey's cell phone.  He came back an hour later and searched Tony's apt.  Only Nate and Tony were home.  Lee came around midnight and took a bag of Casey's clothes and her laptop.  Lee seemed very upset.  Tony said he started getting text messages from Casey the next morning.  She basically said she was the worse mother in the world for leaving Caylee with a psycho nanny.  Casey said if they never find Caylee, guess who is going to spend eternity in jail.  Casey, told Tony she loved him.  Tony said why are you texting, not calling.  Later Tony called her and questioned her.  The questions were going no where and he hung up.  Then Baez asked Tony if everything seemed bizarre and unreal and did Casey talk as if Caylee was still alive?  He asked more questions but they were stupid and sustained.  Tony seemed upset just reliving it.  Tony was done.

Cindy was up next, Linda is questioning her, she identified photos of the house and the backyard.  Linda marked the playhouse and Cindy started crying, she never really stopped.  Casey sat stone faced for most of it and never looked at Casey.  Cindy said she never suspected Casey was pregnant, Casey came to her work and told her in the car.  They told George then everyone, they made a Winnie the Pooh nursery.  Cindy cried at pictures of the nursery.  They then talked about the door out to the backyard, the glass door, Cindy is crying, 15 min recess.  Sorry if I forgot anything, I had to recall.  Recess for 15min.

Casey was crying during recess to Ms Simms, couldn't tell if it was real or not.

Back from recess, talking about the sliding glass doors again, one set goes out of the master bedroom, the other goes through the living room.  The living room door is the one mostly used.  They baby-proofed the house.  Caylee usually slept with Casey, only napped in her room occasionally.  Caylee was very verbal.  Could tell you a story.  They could mostly understand what she was saying.  Cindy never went 24 hours without seeing Caylee prior to June 2008.  Cindy took her birthday week off.  She took off Sat, Sunday and the entire week, she had Caylee everyday.  She took Caylee to Mt. Dora to see her father on Father's day.  Casey and lee had plans that day and George went to work on Father's day, 3-11 shift.  Went to Mt. Dora mid-morning till 2:30, 50 minute drive to and from.  Cindy says she took pictures and video on Father's Day at Mt. Dora, the nursing home.  Identifies a pic of that day, says that's our Caylee.  Published the pic to the jury.  Caylee in blue dress, smiling with coloring book.  Casey is crying now.  Cindy and Caylee left the nursing home and went to her mother's home had lunch and left back to Hopespring Dr.  Got home and Caylee wanted to go swimming.  Cindy wanted her to eat something, she didn't eat much at Mt. Dora.  Then they went out swimming.  Talking about the ladder, part of it is bolted to the pool, part is detachable.  When Caylee was a toddler, they started removing the ladder for safety.  They laid it on it's side when not in use.  The ladder is too heavy for a small child to pick up.  They stayed in the pool an hour or more, at least an hour.  Caylee had on a life-jacket.  While they were in the pool, Casey came home, did not get in the pool.  Cindy and Caylee got out of the pool.  Casey came out with a towel and got Caylee.  Cindy took off her life-jacket and swimsuit in the pool.  Cindy removed the ladder and went inside of the house.  Cindy recalls that evening like it was yesterday.  Cindy wanted to document that day because her father was taking a turn for the worse.  She told Casey about the videos and showed Casey the videos, Cindy and Casey cried while watching the videos.  Casey is crying in the courtroom.  Casey saved the pictures and the video on the computer.  They went to bed and George came home later after they were in bed.  Cindy had an early day the next day.  She left home the next day, June 16th at 7:30 am.  Cindy said she never saw Caylee again, Cindy is crying.  She thought Caylee was home that morning when she left for work.  She believed that her daughter had a job, an even coordinator at Universal Studios.  She thought she planned events for Mardi Gras or celebrities, worked behind the scenes, her hours were always different.  Cindy believed this because Casey told her this.  She saw other evidence of her working, like her lanyard and texts and emails from her work to her.  Cindy had seen Casey working at Universal before, that was before Caylee was born.  She believed that after Caylee was born, Casey went back to work 3 months later.  She was fired because she had 3 marks against her but she thought she got her job back.  The emails she saw were from Hard Rock Cafe.  Casey printed and showed Cindy this email.  Cindy watched Caylee when Casey went to work at night.  Cindy was usually the babysitter, if she was not home, George was the babysitter.  Cindy and Casey went out together and left Caylee with George!!!!!!  Cindy believed in June of 2008, that Casey had a babysitter named Zanny, Casey referred to her as the nanny.  Cindy did not have a full name of this nanny.  Casey had been talking about the nanny since 2006.  Zanny was the nanny of an IT person and he offered her to Casey as a nanny.  Lauren Gibs had been the primary sitter.  The co-worker referred to is Jeff Hopkins.  Zanny the nanny had been his sitter.  Cindy wants the picture of Caylee taken down, so she doesn't cry, the judge takes it down.  Cindy knew Lauren Gibbs personally and knew where she lived.  Cindy never met Zanny, she can't describe her.  In 2006, 2007, 2008, Zanny lived in diff places.  Casey told Cindy of all these places.  Zanny moved around quite frequently.  Cindy never drove Caylee to the nanny or picked her up from there.  Cindy never asked Casey to contribute money to the home, she wanted her to clean house and chores.  Casey pitched in without asking.  Casey didn't have to supply any money for living there.  Casey would get dressed and appeared to go to work, Casey always had extra clothes with her.  She was mostly dressed for work.  Cindy never found Zanny the nanny, from the 15th of July till 6 weeks ago!!!!!!!!! OMG, Cindy said she was still looking for the nanny 6 weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!  Cindy talked to Casey on June 16th, left messages mostly but may of had a brief conversation around 4ish, lasted a few seconds.  Casey said she was gonna spend the night at Zanny's but she couldn't drop of Caylee with Cindy cuz Cindy had a meeting.  So was going to take Caylee to Zanny's and they were gonna spend the night.  George had to work, Monday June 16th, 3 to 11.  It made sense for her to go to Zanny and spend the night of June 16th, 2008.  She thought Caylee would come home with Casey on Tuesday, June 17th.  Casey made up excuses about meetings why she couldn't come home on Tuesday.  Caylee was gonna stay at Zanny's again on Tues night.  Cindy thought they would come home on Wed but Casey, said the negotiations for Hard Rock were ongoing and they were gonna head to Tampa.  Casey would take the Nanny with her and take her to Busch Gardens in Tampa.  Also going was Juliette Lewis a co-worker and her daughter Annabelle.  Cindy thought they were coming home Sat, June 21, 2008, Cindy talked to Casey everday while she was gone, once during the day and in the evenings.  Caylee never talked to her on the phone, Cindy asked but there was always a reason she couldn't talk to Caylee.  ALWAYS a reason why she couldn't talk to Caylee.  On Sat, Casey told her they were gonna go back to the park and enjoy the stay, on Sunday, June 22, 2008.  She thought they would next come home on Monday, June 23, 2008.  That didn't happen, Cindy waited all day for her to come home.  By 4pm Cindy was concerned and talked to her co-workers about it.  Casey called and said she was in a car accident, don't panic.  Casey said that she witnessed Zanny get in a car accident and had been at the hospital all day with Zanny.  Casey and Caylee were just fine.  She didn't let her talk to Cindy, always a reason.  The toddlers were not around the emergency room so Cindy couldn't talk to her.  On June 24, 2008, there was an incident with the shed, Cindy knew that George called the sheriff dept.  Cindy knew in the morning about the shed break-in, she told Casey about it, when they were talking about Zanny in the hospital.  Cindy found out that George had seen Casey in the house on June 24, 2008.  After learning that Casey was at the house and not in the hospital in Tampa, Cindy called Casey and Casey told her that she drove home because she needed Zanny's insurance information and stopped home to get some things.  Asked her why she didn't bring Caylee home an Cindy could take off work to watch her.  Casey told Cindy that she had given George the gas cans, Casey told her that she took them to Tampa with her cuz her gas gauge was broken.  She told Cindy this on June 24th but she knew Casey hadn't been home since June 16th but Cindy says she didn't think of this.  She asked Casey why she was doing this and not someone from Zanny's family.  She wanted Caylee home.  Casey told her that Zanny's mother was very ill and Zanny's family was taking care of her.  Casey was the only one that could help Zanny.  She wanted Caylee close to her so she wasn't going to bring her home.  Cindy started missing Caylee June 16, 2008.  Cindy started sleeping with Caylee's teddy bear, named Teddy.  She needed something to cuddle with.  Caylee is remaining stone faced through all of this.

10 minute break, I am going to hit post before this one disappears too, Lil.  Sorry for anything I missed from starting over.  I think I got most of the points.  Everything we really knew before but now the jury knows it too.

I think the most shocking thing of the day is that CINDY SAID SHE WAS STILL LOOKING FOR ZANNY THE NANNY SIX WEEKS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning monkeys 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 09:38:09 PM »

Back from recess, Cindy is taking the stand. Side bar.  George looks calm in the gallery.  Linda is questioning Cindy.  After 4 or 5 nights of sleeping with the teddy bear, Cindy noticed the teddy bear was missing.  Someone had taken the teddy bear our of the house.  WE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE.  Casey was still staying in Tampa with Zanny and Zanny was released from the hospital and took Zanny to the Hard Rock Motel.  Cindy was expecting Casey to come home that Thursday but she never showed up.  Casey called and said she had to be de-briefed and would be home later that night, that never happened.  Cindy thought Casey and Jeff Hopkins were dating this whole time and Casey told her that Jeff wanted to see Casey, so she was going to take Caylee to Jeff Hopkins and his son Zachary.  Cindy never met Jeff or Zach but she was supposed to meet him a few times, it just never happened from 2007 to 2008.  Jeff and Casey started out as friends but turned into someone Casey would marry.  Christmas of 2007, she was supposed to meet with Jeff's mom and Zachary but that never happened.  They went to see Santa in 2007 but Zachary, had an asthma attack and could not come.  Cindy says that night Casey and Jeff were gonna meet for dinner and then come home Friday, that never happened.  Jeff was rich and didn't have to work if he didn't want to.  Jeff had a suite and Casey and Caylee were gonna spend the night with Jeff at the motel.  Cindy thought that was ok because Casey was a grown woman and Caylee was her daughter.  Caylee was Casey's daughter and she didn't interfere with Casey's life.  Cindy had vacation again she had to use or lose, Cindy was off June 30 thru July 4, 2008.  She went back on Monday, July 5, 2008.  So Casey was at a party suite in a the Hard Rock in Orlando but she never came home for more clothes or anything.  Cindy had other things to do in her life than wait for Casey and Caylee to come home.  They were busy and went to the beach.  She talked to Casey once a day that whole time, she thought she knew where Casey and Caylee were.  Cindy thought, Casey was gonna head back to work on that Monday July 5, 2008 and Zanny was gonna keep Caylee.  Cindy told her that she was at a pool party event but she wasn't invited.  I am confused on the time line here.  Cindy had time off that whole time and Casey and Caylee were on Universal property 30 min drive but she couldn't see them.  Cindy decided to drive out to Universal on July 3rd, Cindy had issues and she really wanted do see Casey.  The issues she had were money issues involving Casey!!!!!!  Cindy left the bank and drove to Universal, parked and walked to the park and went to guest services.  She wanted to pick up Caylee.  She didn't tell Casey she was coming.  Cindy called Casey from guess services and Casey told her she was not there!!!!  She was NOW in Jacksonville, Florida.  Casey took Caylee there, following Jeff Hopkins to rekindle their love affair.  Casey didn't want to tell Cindy she was taking Caylee away again, so she didn't.  Cindy was in shock, she didn't know what to think, Casey had lied to her for the last couple of days.  She believed she was in Jacksonville but she didn't believe it at the same time.  She enlisted Lee on July 3, 2008 to find Casey.  She called a friend of Caseys in Jacksonville, Ryan Paesly and he hadn't seen Casey yet but they had plans to see him.  So now Cindy believed she was in Jacksonville.  So crazy!!!!!!  She asked Lee if he had spoken to Casey but he said no.  Cindy created her own my space account to try to get in touch with her.  Lee thought Casey wasn't in Jacksonville because of the chatter on my space, saying that Casey was gonna be downtown 4th of July weekend.  Lee found out where she might be in downtown Orlando.  Cindy was upset and felt betrayed.  Casey was posting pics on myspace that showed she was lying.  Cindy created the my space account to friend Casey and show her that she felt betrayed by her.  She wrote the My Space letter to Casey on July 3, 2008.  Linda is trying to get the My Space letter from Cindy in, defense objects.  Judge is reading it.  They are taking a side bar to discuss it.  I am going to post this now before it disappears and start a new post.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 09:39:37 PM »

Back from side bar, Cindy is on the stand, Linda is questioning her.  The My Space is not entered into evidence.  Cindy asked Casey why she never responded to the My Space and she thought Cindy was being hard on her.  Cindy thought it was private between her and Casey and Casey told her it was private.  Side bar...grrrrr

Why didn't they get the My Space in?  I will never understand that.  It was posted publicly, everyone has seen it, why can't the jury see it.  The judge ruled against the contents being known to the jury.  I hope they figure out a way to get it in.  Casey is calm listening to her mom talk about all her lying and Baez is smirking as if he is happy she is telling about all the lying Casey was doing.  When is anyone going to tell us that Casey went down the rabbit hole and was never seen again?  NOT ONE SINGLE BIT OF THIS MAKES SENSE!!!!!  What can the jury be thinking?  They need to let all of this in, it is the truth of exactly what happened.  I think the Tony texts were relevant and this My Space post by Cindy was definitely relevant.

Back from sidebar, the judge is excusing the jury for the day.  What a waste, a huge, waste of a day. 

Cindy leaves as a witness.  The scheduled a hearing with Mr. Lippman, Tuesday morning, he is the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony.  Judge is going to decide on the Grand Jury testimony of George Anthony on Tuesday Morning.  Court is adjourned till Tuesday Morning.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 09:42:22 PM »

Mr Lippman is up representing Lee Anthony, he has a motion to keep him from being sequestered.  Mason objects.  Lippman has the same arguments as with Cindy and George.  Asks had Lee been deposed by the defense?  No.  Defense did not want to take his deposition.  The state has taken it.  Lee did give a written report to LE.  Mason wants Lee out because he is a witness and because he is only the uncle, an uncle is not next of kin.  Mumbles on and on.........how many more next of kin are going to show up, they could fill a courtroom full of them.  Oh brother.  Maybe fill a courtroom with Casey's boyfriends but not next of kin.  Wants Judge Perry to draw a line.  Says JBP should of not let George and Cindy in, they have heard everything and been called and recalled.  They should have no rights, it doesn't outweigh Casey's right to a fair trial.  Mason is citing law.  Who's rights are more important the victim's next of kin or the defendant?  Judge says, when Lee gave his depo, the defense was there, Mr Baez did cross examination.  Baez only asked Lee, did Casey ever tell you anything about an accident, a death, a murder?  Lee mostly testified to his search, the computer and after Caylee went missing.  Mason says Lee was acting as an agent of the police.  He doesn't know what else the state is going to ask him.  Lippman has more law about next of kin, it is not confined in criminal sequestration, only in victim.  Uncles should be allowed in.  Judge says Lee Anthony's testimony won't be colored by listening, he is in.

George's Grand Jury testimony will not be allowed in.  It is no different than what he has said during this trial.

Recess till 9am.

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 09:43:41 PM »

Wow, I just typed forever and lost the whole thing again.  So bummed.  Cindy wrote on my space because she felt betrayed by Casey lies.  Casey told her to get use to her and Caylee being gone, it was gonna happen sooner or later.  They never noticed the notice on the front door, till July 15th, it was hard to see.
Casey said she was staying in Jacksonville for an impromptu wedding of Jeff's mother in the hospital chapel.  Casey was trying to rekindle her love with Jeff, a wealthy man.  Cindy talked to her everyday and George asked about her every day, she told George to stay out of it.  George went to get the letter on July 15th and told Cindy it was from a tow company.  Cindy told Casey she had a lot of explaining to do.  The car was in ORLANDO.  Casey never explained.  George told Cindy she had to go with him and it was gonna be almost 500 dollars.  Cindy went to bank, got the 500 dollars and they went to tow company.  Cindy never smelled the car at the tow company.  She smelled it as soon as she got home and asked George, what died?  At the time it was a figure of speech, she was told of the garbage and believed it to be garbage, even though she as a nurse had smelled rotting flesh and decomp before.  Mama doll was in the car seat, Cindy took it out and it stunk like the car, she wiped the face and then used Fe breeze on the doll and the car, almost a whole can.  Cindy took out clothes, Caylee's backpack and Casey's purse.  She had told George to go to work for his first day.  She alone, worked on the car and did all of the removal of items and the spraying of the Fe Breeze.  George went to work.

Recess.........................

My first post was better, this was what I remembered, don't know why I keep losing posts. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 09:45:07 PM »

Cindy back on the stand, a picture was submitted, Cindy testified to one of her steak knives being in the car.  The defense objected, they had a sidebar and JBP told the jury to disregard the steak knife.  Showing a picture of the car seat, Cindy crying.  The car seat was in the car when she got it.  Other items in the car,  Casey's dress pants, boots, shoes.  Cindy removed the pants, cuz they stunk like the car.  She put them in the washer.  Cindy placed the dryer sheets.  Another pic of the car published to the jury.  The boots were left in the car, they were in the well of the back seat.  In another depo Cindy told them that she did not place the dryer sheets in the car, she didn't remember then, she does now.  She has had flash backs of putting the dryer sheets in, she was on meds the day of the first depo.  She said in the first depo, she did not know of a reason she would put dryer sheets in the back of the car, she just didn't remember putting them there, she NOW knows for sure, she did.  Cindy went forward with the first depo with her on the meds, saying it was the best she could do under the circumstance.  She now knows for sure, she is the one who put dryer sheets in the car.  Showing a picture of a blue storage bin with clothes in it and mama doll on top and Casey's purse and a hanger in it.  This was turned over to the LE.  The mama doll is the one in the car seat.  This is the stuff Cindy removed from the car.  Published to the jury, Cindy is crying, Casey is stone faced.  Besides wiping down the doll with a Clorox wipe, she went through Casey's purse.  She found a yellow envelope, she found Amy H's resume's.  Cindy looked through Caylee's back pack to see what was inside of it.  It is a purple, print backpack, with clothes and items inside.  Cindy very upset, Casey stone faced.  Cindy remove Caylee's toothbrush briefly, she just held the items then put them back in.  The back pack was on the floor of the trunk.  The blue bin was in the trunk of the car as well.  Plastic hangers were in the blue bin.  Cindy did not clean or vacuum the trunk.  She only brushed her hand over it and threw a few pieces of debris away.  Cindy then went to work.  Cindy left the car with all of the doors open, sun roof open, trunk and engine cover up.  Cindy went to work, called Casey on the way to work, never got a hold of her.  Went to work for an hour and a half.  She talked to people when she got back, why she left abruptly.  She told co workers about the car her supervisor told her to go home but she had worked hard on a project and she wanted to work on a patient dosage issue.  The people at work knew she hadn't seen Caylee for a month, they knew all about Caylee, cuz she was always at Cindy's work.  She told the co workers that something, "died in the car", it was a figure of speech.  She also told them that George said there was a bag of garbage in the trunk.  Cindy finally went home.  She tried to call Casey, no answer.  Cindy thought it was strange that Casey had Amy's resume and she decided to call Amy.  Cindy knew by then that Casey was LYING.  She made arrangements to pick up Amy at the mall and Amy took her to Casey.  Amy knew where she was and they went to Tony's.  While they drove, they talked about the lies on the way to Tony's.  They got to Tony's.  Amy led Cindy right up to Tony's apt.  Amy went to the door and Cindy stayed in the hallway.  Amy knocked, Cindy stepped outside and Cindy popped around.  Cindy asked her what she was doing there and that they needed to talk.  She didn't see Caylee, she asked where she was and Casey said with the nanny.  Cindy could smell smoke in the apt, so she didn't even go to look, she knew Caylee would not be in that smoky environment.  Cindy told Casey she was coming with her, reluctantly, she didn't gather her stuff, no purse, no cell phone, just put on her flip flops.  Casey told cindy she was coming back.  Cindy drove, Casey in front and Amy in back.  Cindy continued to question Casey about Caylee's whereabouts, Cindy realized with Amy there it wasn't a good idea.  Cindy drove Amy home and watched her get in her condo safely.  Then Cindy told Casey to answer her.  Casey told her that she would take her to Caylee but then made excuses not to.  She asked Casey why the car was at the tow yard?  Casey wouldn't tell her anything and wanted to go back to Tony's.  As Cindy was driving, she noticed a police dept and pulled in to show Casey she meant business.  That LE sub station was closed.  Cindy told Casey this was her last chance to tell her the truth.  The argued about issues and Cindy dialed 911 for the first time.   Side bar................  Gonna post this now before I lose it.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »

Sidebar over.........10:35am.  Now a 15 min recess.  That poor jury must be so tired of this.  I think Cindy is telling the truth.  Casey is watching her every move, especially when she left the witness stand.  Cindy looks so heartbroken, she keeps her head down most of the time.  Casey is just stone faced, she primps and plays with her horrid bangs but other than that she makes no facial gestures.  She isn't even trying to play attorney or talk to Ms. Simms.  She sticks her chest out almost constantly, looks so out of place and very deliberate.  A deputy just told Casey something and she gave him a sly little smile, she flirts with anyone and anything who pays her the slightest attention.  Casey got up and left on her own, went out the side door, I was surprised to not see a deputy follow her.  One must of been waiting for her.  Casey has definitely been told about acting out and talking, this is the least she has talked to anyone since the beginning of the trial, with or without the jury present.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »

Court back, JBP, figuring out what instructions to give the jury about the 911 calls they will be hearing.  He is going to instruct them that some of the call will not be testimony, especially criminal acts, stolen car and money.  Linda will not introduce the transcripts of the recordings, the videos of the calls will have a rolling text as to what was being said.  Mason doesn't want the tape to be played at all even with instructions that the criminal acts be ignored.  He is showing the judge law to consider, the judge isn't impressed.  He knows a law that goes against Mason's law.  He is going to add a further instruction that the criminal acts talked about in the tape are not part of this case or indictment.  Mason is still mumbling...........The judge is now reading the instruction he is going to give the jury, prior to them hearing the tapes.  The judge seems very sure that he is covering all of his bases.......Mason continues to mumble objections.  Cindy is on stand and jury is coming back in.

Linda is introducing the tapes into evidence, over objections from the defense.  JBP is now reading the jury the instructions concerning criminal acts mentioned in the tape.  The tape is to be considered by the jury for Cindy Anthony's excited utterance and statements and not any crime mentioned in the tapes.  The tape is published to the jury.  Now playing the tape.  Jury is listening to the first 911 call.  Daughter stole car and money from Cindy's bank account.  Trying to establish jurisdiction.  911 says that is sheriff not Orlando, he is transferring her.  Cindy talking in background that she is going to get a court order to get Caylee, Casey doesn't want to play that way, she wants another day, Cindy says no, I have given you a month.
Cindy is crying on the stand, Casey is stone faced.  Cindy drove home, instead of calling the sheriff from the side of the road.  Cindy called no one else, she just went home.  Lee called her as she almost got home and George called Lee and lee was waiting for her at home.  Lee met her at the house, the garage door was open and Lee was waiting for her, they all went into the house, Casey ran past her brother into the house.  Cindy told Lee what was going on....she needed to find Caylee and Casey was refusing to tell her anything.  Cindy didn't call sheriff immediately, Lee wanted to talk to Casey first.  They spoke to Casey and insisted Casey tell them where Caylee was.  Cindy wanted to be taken to the nanny.  Casey said Caylee was asleep and they could get her the next day.  Cindy said she wanted to go now and wake her up, she could be up all night and not go to work the next day.  Casey insisted they not get her that night, not wake Caylee up.  Cindy insisted it be that night, she had enough, she called 911 again.  Linda is introducing the next 911 call.  Defense is objecting with the same objections, JBP is instructing the jury, the call is a true and accurate call.  No other instructions.  She wants Casey arrested and a possibly missing child, a 3 yr old.  She wants her daughter arrested for stealing an auto and money, she explains she has called once before.  She tells them she just got the car from the impound and she wants an officer to come to her house NOW.  Her daughter is 22 and her name is Casey Anthony and she wants her arrested.  Cindy says she has the car back and the bank statements.  Cindy says she found the car and Casey but can't find her grand daughter.  Cindy is describing Casey.  Cindy is very upset on the stand, Casey is stone faced.  Casey had no weapons on her, Casey is not telling her, where her daughter is.  They say they will send a deputy out as soon as one is available.  The call is over.  The judge instructs the jury again not to pay attention to the stolen car or money that was mentioned in the call.  Linda questioning Cindy again.  Casey was allowed to have the car.  The LE never came....seemed like forever.  They kept talking to Casey.  Cindy was trying to stay close to the garage in case they came, she paced back and forth, she was getting angrier and angrier as she waited.  Lee was in the room with Casey, Lee was sitting on her bed, leaning up against her dresser.  Cindy over heard Casey talking to Lee, she heard Casey crying and tell Lee that Caylee was gone for 31 days and that Zanny had taken her.  Cindy is crying very hard now.  She says she lost it and started yelling at Casey, she swore at her and hit the bed, asked her why didn't she tell her that Caylee was taken?  Next call is being introduced with defense objections noted.  JBP is reading stipulation to jury that the call they are going to hear is true and accurate representation.  It is being published.  Cindy is completely broken down on the stand.  Last call being played.  Cindy is crying and screaming on the phone.  We are talking about a 3 yr old girl and the babysitter stole her.  Casey just admitted to her that Casey was trying to find her, herself.  Something is wrong, the IT SMELLS LIKE A DEAD BODY HAS BEEN IN THE DAMN CAR.  Giving info on Caylee.  Tells someone in the background, that Caylee is missing, she has been missing for a month.  Cindy is crying badly on the phone and doubled over crying on the stand.  Casey looks worried but no other emotion.  Casey is now on the phone, talking very matter of fact.  Saying that she talked to her daughter that day for about a minute.  Talking about a car stolen but it was her car.  They are now talking about Caylee, they ask who has her?  Casey says Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales, they ask why she hasn't reported her missing for 31 days, Casey says she was searching for her, herself, which was stupid.  The deputies are there at the home, the call is ended.  Cindy is a mess and can barely walk, she is being helped out, now hugging George and leaving court.  Court is in recess for five minutes.

Just OMG......................

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 10:02:37 PM »

Cindy is back on the stand.  Linda questioning her about the call.  Who else was Cindy addressing in the background?  It was George, he had just come home.  George was shocked, Cindy collapsed in his arms and George was trying to hold her up.  LE arrived very shortly after the last call was made.  Everything from then on was a blur, she was collapsed in George's arms.  Much later in the evening, Cindy provided a written statement.  When the LE first arrived, Casey was still on the phone with the 911.  Cindy took the LE to Casey.  The next day, Cindy turned over the car and the items she had removed from the car in an effort to find Caylee.  All but the slacks, the LE didn't want the slacks, she had washed.  They turned over the computers a few days later to assist in locating Caylee.  They also turned over items they believed the nanny might have been in contact with later.  For evidence of the nanny.  They never asked for her cell phone till she was at the sheriff and then they wanted to look at her cell phone and they took her phone for a half hour and they returned it back to her.  Cindy eventually gave samples of her hair and DNA to assist in finding Caylee.  Lee arranged a tip line to locate Caylee, they all set up a command center to locate Caylee.  On July 16, 2008, Casey called home after she was arrested.  They are introducing the first phone call from jail into evidence, over defense objections.  JBP is instructing the jury of a stipulation of the call from OC Jail, it is true and accurate and they may use it to deliberate.  The call is being played to the jury.  Casey starts saying, very snarky, I just saw your nice lil cameos on TV, Cindy says which one?  Casey is cussing her out and says, You don't know my involvement is?  Casey is being very mean to Cindy and she wants Tony's number.  Cindy sounds afraid of Casey to me.  Casey is being very abusive to Cindy.  Lee is on phone now, Casey only wants Tony's number and Lee tells her that won't do her any good now.  Casey is very mean to him and tells him not to come to her bond hearing.  The call to her mom was a huge, Fing waste.  Lee tells her he is not gonna listen to her garbage and what she is putting there mom through.  Lee wants to know what is going on and Casey says she has no clue where Caylee is.  Putting Christina on the phone but she only wants Tony's number.  Her only concern is Tony's number.  She won't talk to Cristina, Casey says Tony has nothing to do with Caylee.  Christina wants to know why she wants Tony's number.  She was arrested on a fng whim today.  Christina is begging for info on Caylee and saying she will die if anything happened to Caylee.  Casey is cussing and saying f this and f that.  Casey is making up all kinds of crazy stuff, the LE will not listen to her.  The need to listen to her but they won't find Caylee without her help, they need to look for the nanny in New York and North Carolina, Casey lies without a single pause.  Casey said she is not fng crying every two seconds, like she wants to, she has to talk to detectives.  Casey says she just watched the Fng news and no one is on her side, they just want Caylee back........that's all I want too.  She wants Lee back on the phone so she can get Tony's number.  Casey can't get a hold of anyone, all numbers are disconnected, the nanny was the last one to have Caylee.  Lee says he doesn't have Tony's number, Casey calls him a fng liar and she wants the number, she hasn't slept in 4 days.  She just wants to talk to Tony, she says she is the one that set up the My Space for Caylee, gives Christina the password for the My Space.  Caseyomarie is the log in for the My Space, the password is Cays234.  Christina is now giving Casey Tony's number.  Christina asks if Tony knows anything and Casey says Tony hasn't seen Caylee since the first of June.  Casey is trying to memorize Tony's number.  Casey gives them more info on how to find Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales.  Casey knows that Zanny is not where she said she was, she was with them when they went there.  Casey says she has no idea where her daughter is, that is the absolute truth.  Casey hangs up. At some point during the call, Casey says the famous, this was a huge, waste calling her mom.

Court is recessed for lunch until 1:30 pm.  Cindy was very upset listening to the call, Casey was very composed.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 10:04:33 PM »

Lunch over, Cindy on the stand, Baez questioning her.  Is Cindy and Casey alike?  Somewhat.  Did you teach Casey to tell the truth?  I thought I did.  What kind of mother was Casey? A very loving mother, had a maternal instinct from the beginning.  She was a natural mother, Caylee adored Casey.  She didn't want to sleep without Casey.  Caylee followed Casey alot.  Did she cry if Casey left?  No, not really, she was fine with grandma and grandpa.  Did she ever witness Casey abuse or torture Caylee? No.  Did she ever go without food or anything?  No.  The first time she went to the Dr was June 30th?  No, that is when I found out, Casey had gone to the Dr before that.  Did you go to your brothers wedding on June 17th?  Yes.  Shows her a pic of Casey at that wedding, did she think Casey was pregnant in that photo?  No, I did not.  Casey was sick and wanted to lie down during the wedding and her brother Rick asked her if Casey could be pregnant.  Cindy told Rick that she and George did not think Casey was pregnant at that time.  Was Casey sedentary during that time?  Yes, she was at a desk position now.  Baez being mean to Cindy, just answer my questions please.  Was she or was she not sedentary?  Yes, she had a sit down job.  Where you concerned that she had a large protruding belly?  Did you think it was because she was not active in sports? Yes.  Are you aware that Casey has been in jail and sedentary for a long time?  Yes.  Do you see her with a huge belly now?  I haven't seen her, I know she isn't eating.  Can I have Miss Anthony stand? Judge asks them to approach for sidebar.  I don't know if the state objected to her standing, I just heard the judge ask them to approach.  Judge tell Casey to stand.  Baez asks Cindy if she can see Casey, she says, she can only see waist up.  Cindy gets down and Casey comes forward, she looks at Casey.  Baez asks, does she look like she has a big belly and Cindy says she doesn't look as big.  Cindy said Casey said she had woman issues and an ovarian cyst, Casey saw a gyn at 19 for the first time.  Casey had irregular periods and a cyst.  Casey got her period at 10 yrs old.  From the age of 10 to the age of 19, being a medical professional, did you ever take her to a gyn?  No, I considered it and it was too traumatic for her to see a gyn.  She had periods like me and I didn't think it was necessary to see a gyn.  Cindy hadn't seen a gyn till she was 20.  When did Casey have sex for the first time?  Objection sustained.  Who is the father of Caylee?  Cindy said Casey told her Jesse Grund.  Did Cindy find the father was not Jesse Grund? Yes.  Who did she tell you was the father when Jesse wasn't?  Eric Baker, he was 2 years younger than Casey and he was an old friend and she saw him at the same time she was seeing Jesse and they got together one night.  Eric Baker was in a fight with his gf.  He was from Kentucky or North Carolina.  Did Cindy try to find Eric Baker to see him or speak to him?  No.  Did there come a time when they found out that meeting Eric Baker was no longer possible?  Yes, Casey called her one day hysterical and said that Eric was in an accident and died, Caylee had a half brother.  Is Eric Baker on Caylee's birth certificate? No.  More questions about Eric Baker, all sustained.  Tell me about Jeff Hopkins?  Casey was engaged to Jesse Grund at the time and she met Jeff at work, he was in IT, he had a son, named Zachary.  She confided in Jeff about her relationship with Jesse.  Cindy heard about Jeffrey Hopkins from that time on till this all started.  Cindy saw a picture of Zachary once on Caseys phone, with Jeff, it was listed as her boyfriend on Casey's phone.  Do you know now that Jeff Hopkins never existed?  Did you ever speak to Jeff Hopkins?  Do you know LE never found him?  Sustained.  What was Jeff's mom's name?  Jules.  Did you find out that Jules had cancer?  Yes, Casey told her in the last 2 weeks in July that Jules had an impromptu wedding?  Casey, told her she was going to the wedding and it would delay her from coming home.  Did you find out that Jules was dead?  Yes, Casey told her that.  Was Casey and Jeff the same age?  Yes.  Was Zach the same age?  No, he was a year older than Caylee.  Was Jeff a widower?  No, he got custody of Zach later after he found out he was a father.  Did Casey say she was going to marry and live with Jeff Hopkins?  Yes, that is what Casey told me.  Did you ever meet him?  No, something always came up and it didn't happen.  The plans were always canceled the day of.  Did you ever buy food to meet Jeff?  Lots of times, I made a cake or something to have for him, food or something, she wanted to be prepared.  Did you ever tell anyone about Jeff?  Yes.  Did it ever occur to you that these imaginary people were not real and  you heard about them for quite sometime?  I did not know they were imaginary.  Did you ever hear about Juliette Lewis?  Yes.  Did you ever see her?  NO.  Did you ever found out what she looked like?  Yes, we waited for her for over an hour in the Universal parking lot for over an hour for Juliette.  Did you ever see Juliette Lewis?  No but Caylee would say Annabelle, Juliette's daughter, if Cindy asked her about her.  Did Cindy ever see Annabelle?  No.  Did you ever see Raquel Ferrel?  No.  Did you ever see a pic of Raquel Ferrel? No. Do you have any evidence that Raquel Ferrel existed? No.  Did you ever see a pic of Zanny the Nanny?  No.  Did you ever meet Zanny?  No.  When did you first hear about Zanny the nanny?  Same time as Jeff Hopkins.  Casey didn't call her Zanny the nanny, she just called her the nanny.  Did you ever try to meet Zanny?  No.  Zanny cut her hair often and Casey said she was a perfect 10.  A beautiful person on the inside and out and had a great smile.  Was Zanny Hispanic?  I don't know, that wasn't a qualification for someone to watch Caylee or be Casey's friend.  Did you ever see her pack for Zanny?  No.  Did Caylee ever appear excited to have been with Zanny the Nanny?  No, it never came up.  Did Caylee ever talk about Zanny?  She had scratches on her leg and Cindy asked her about them and Casey said Zanny had a dog that did it.  How often did Zanny watch Caylee?  Not often, it was usually Cindy or George, Casey usually dropped Caylee off at Cindy's work.  Did Casey ever tell you about problems in Zanny's life?  Zanny moved a lot, had other jobs, part time jobs and she watched Zach.  Casey talked about Zanny as if she was a friend.  Did Zanny's mother have cancer too?  No, sir, she had heart issues.  What was Zanny's mom's name?  Gloria.  What was Zanny's sisters name?  Samantha.  Did Samantha live with Zanny and Juliette?  No, Samantha lived alone.  Did you ever talk to Gloria about her heart condition?  No. Did you ever talk to Samantha?  No, I didn't know about Samantha till Caylee went missing.  Did you ever have any reason to believe these were anything but imaginary people?  I just found out that they are imaginary.  You testified under oath that up until 6 weeks ago that you were looking for Zanny?  For 2 and a half years you were looking for Zanny?  Yes, ever since this started we have looked for her, Florida, New York, every tip.  Was this George's idea or yours?  It was mine.  We went and looked in CA for her.  Did you find her in CA.  No but we followed up a tip.  Did you hire Mr Dom Casey?  No, he volunteered to help us after you had a falling out with him.  Did Dom Casey, look in Puerto Rico for her?  Yes, there was a tip.  Did you ever believe that Caylee was flown to Puerto Rico on a private jet?  SUSTAINED.  More stupid questions sustained about Casey's graduation.  Mrs. Anthony throughout all of these years did it ever occur to you that all of these people Casey was talking about were not real?  No sir.  The reason you believed Casey was because you thought all of these people were real?  SUSTAINED.  Did there come a time that you thought Zanny was Amy or Jesse?  Yes.  Why did you think that?  Actually, when I spoke to the FBI about it, I thought more that it was Ricardo Morales.  It was the FBI that put the notion that Amy was the nanny in her head.  Lots more stupid questions sustained.  Did you give LE, Zanny's phone number?  I gave what I thought was Zanny's number.  Was that number ever followed up on?  I found out it was not Zanny but another of Casey's friends.  Which LE did you give this number to?  Sgt. Posey.  Mrs Anthony, do you believe Caylee is alive?  Sustained.  Do you recall the pics of inside of your  home?  Yes.  Do you have white carpet?  Cream colored.  Is there a lock used on the sliding door.  Sometimes.  Did you ever say that Caylee could get out of the sliding door easily?  I might have. Baez making JBP mad, sustained over and over.  Did you tell Det Melich about the ladder incident?  What ladder incident?  The one where the ladder was attached to the pool?  I told someone that I found the ladder on the pool and the gate open.  I came home from work on the 16th and let the dogs out and the ladder was attached and the gate was open.  Were you alarmed by this so much you told co-workers?  Yes, I told Co workers that someone was swimming in my pool.  It wasn't George it wasn't Casey, so it had to be someone else.  Did you tell Debbie Polisano that this happened?  I don't recall, we weren't close out of work.  Did you tell anyone else about the ladder and the gate at work?  I don't know my office is open and someone else could have heard.  Caylee loved to swim?  Yes she did.  On vacation you and Caylee swam everyday?  Yes.  You used to put on her protective vest?  Yes.  She also used to like to swim naked.  Did you tell LE that Casey could of forgotten to take the ladder down?  Yes, if Casey came home and swam, she could have.  You swam on father's day with Caylee did you not?  Yes, for an hour and half.  Did you take the ladder down that night?  Yes.  Are you 100 percent certain you took the ladder down?  I am as certain as you could be, I was asked the next day and remembered taking the ladder down.  Did you talk to two men after this case was over?  Seth Watts.  I don't know what you mean, this case isn't over.  Do you remember Seth Watts?  Yes, he was with the Media.  Do you remember an LE from the OJ Simpson case, Mark Furman?  He is now a person from the media, is he not?  Yes, I learned this later.  Did you tell Seth Watts and Mark Furman that you forgot to take the ladder down?  No sir, I did not.  Did Casey try to reach you Monday July 16, 2008?  Yes but i found out later how many times.  I had a meeting at work.  I know now that there were numerous calls July 16, 2008 around 4pm.  Now about July 15, 2008, did you find the notice on your door from the tow yard?  Yes.  Is that common for notices to be on your door?  We have a common mail box and they don't put those notices in your mailbox.  So you saw the notice on July 15, 2008?  Yes.  What day did you tell the LE that you found the notice?  I didn't tell them anything about the notice, I was referring to the certified letter not the notice.  When you got the car and it was in the garage, what you were smelling was garbage?  Yes Sir.  And you are clear about that?  Yes Sir.  Why did you say dead body on the 911 call?  I don't know it just blurted out.  The first time you called 911 you didn't tell them about the smell?  No.  I used the car as a reason to call them, that it was stolen.  Is the reason that you told them that the car smelled like a dead body was to get the police there?  Yes.  That you wanted them there right now?  Yes.  You got the letter around lunch?  No, George did.  You spoke with Casey after lunch?  Yes, I spoke to her and left messages for her.

Recess till 3pm........

This is not a transcript or verbatim, it is as accurate as I could type as I listened.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 10:06:32 PM »

Court is back in session.  Mason called for a sidebar,  Cindy is back on the stand.  Baez questioning.  The calls that you received, June 16, 2008, 4pm, there were 6 calls?  I don't know, she found that out later.  I never realized there were 6.  You work for Gentiva Health Care?  Yes, I had health care.  Baez is playing a short portion of the 3rd 911 call.  That is the portion where you told George, what was going on?  Yes, I had the phone in my hand, when I saw George pull up.  Playing a little further back.  You don't hear George saying anything on that tape, do you?  No, he was getting out of the car.  Do you hear him say anything on that tape?  No, I don't hear him say anything.  When you and Lee were questioning Casey, George wasn't involved in that?  George wasn't home when Lee and I were talking to Casey.  George never questioned Casey?  No, the sheriffs came and we were all separated.  You said on that 911 tape that Caylee was gone since June 7th?  I said that because I didn't remember when Father's day was.  What did you write on your statement that night?  June 7th.  The 7th?  yes.  If I show you your statement will that refresh your memory?  What day did you put on that statement? June 8th.  In the phone call you said June 7th, in your statement you said June 8th.  LE told you that the date was actually June 15, 2008, did you not want LE to go to the nursing home?  Yes, I did not want them to upset my parents.  Did you tell the responding LE, July 15th, 2008 that Casey had issues with seizures?  Sustained.  Are you a RN?  Yes sir.  What are you doing now?  I am on disability.  Is that because of this case?  Yes sir.  Do you have a financial gain in this case?  Did you start a foundation in Caylee's name?  Yes.  Have you made money on this case?  No, we lost money during this case.  Did you license money for pics?  Yes, Mr. Conway arranged that for 20 grand.  Mr. Conway got 6 grand of that. We paid past due bills with the rest of it.  Did you make a book deal?  Mr. Conway arranged a meeting for a book deal, I met Mr Luka, Lee's atty there.  Was Lee trying to get a book deal.  No.  Do you plan on making money off this case, with future projects in this case?  No.  Have you flown to New York with ABC News?  Not for a long time?  How many networks have you flown to New York for?  Once for a 48hour interview and we have not been back since.
Baez is done.........please stick a fork in him. 

Linda is up,  went right to sidebar....Who provided food, clothing and shelter, you did, correct?  Yes, yes ma'am I did.  Did you provide her clothing?  Yes.  Did you like to spoil her with clothing?  Yes.  Did you provide the home for Caylee?  Yes.  Has Casey's weight fluctuated since she has been in jail?  Yes, it has.  When you found out that Jesse Grund was the father of Caylee, did you tell George?  Yes.  Did you discuss with Greta Van Sustern that you found the gate open?  Yes.  Did you tell your co-workers that the gate and ladder incident was prior to the gas can incident?  Yes.  Did the gate lock from the inside?  Yes.  Do you know for sure that the gate was unlocked any other day?  No.  Did you only know that it was unlocked July 16th, 2008.  Yes.  Did George know the gate was unlocked?  No.  Caylee can't reach the gate lock?  No.  So that only leaves Casey.  When you told the LE that the car smelled like a dead body, you did that to get them there faster?  Yes.  Did you tell anyone at work that it smelled like garbage.  No.  I have never smelled garbage that smelled like that before.  Did that car smell like a dead body?  It was something that I have never smelled before.  Worse than what you smelled as rotting flesh as a nurse?  Different, from a larger area.  What happened when you first smelled the car?  I almost went down to the floor.  Was George upset about the smell too?  Yes.  Was the trademarking of your daughters name to avoid exploitation?  Yes, ma'am.  Did you believe the elaborate lies center around who was caring for Caylee, besides Jeff Hopkins?  Yes or her employment.

Baez is up.  Did the car smell like nothing than you had ever smell before?  Even when you were a nurse.  Yes, it was stronger than even rotting flesh.  Did you call LE to tell them about this rotting flesh in your home?  No, because I thought it was garbage.  Was George's reaction similar to yours?  George was crying and very upset at the smell.  Did all of these lies begin when Caylee was born?  Yes.  When Casey was graduating from High School, did you plan a party for her?  Yes.  What did you find out about her graduating?  We were called the day before and told that Casey was going to graduate but not walk with her class.  They still had the party but they did not go to the graduation.  If not for that call, would you have been attending that graduation?  Yes.  Baez is done, again I beg, some please stick a FORK in him.   

Jury is removed from court for court business.  Now discussing six felony convictions for Casey not being allowed in.  Baez wants to wait till tomorrow to argue this.  Baez is talking in circles, I don't have a clue what he is saying.  Not one of it makes a bit of sense but they want to wait till tomorrow to try to make any sense at all.  Good luck with that, lol.    Linda is arguing now that Mr. Baez is making no sense and I agree with her and hope the judge does too.  She wants the felony convictions to come in, because they should!!!!!!!!  JBP, is citing law and now saying that, the burden is on Baez not to have them come in.  He is going to give Baez the night to come up with something.  Judge Perry was the judge in the case law he is citing to Baez....so I have an idea how this is going to go.  Baez will have 10 min in the morning to convince the judge he is wrong, lol.  If he can't the six felony convictions will be known to the jury, with some stipulations.  Those are gonna be the shortest 10 minutes of Baez's life.    He is telling the prosecution that they will need to be careful with bringing in the six prior felony convictions, he used the word "surgical"

Next witness, Amy Huzienga.  Baez is whining that he needs time to find files for her.  Linda said that, Amy has been waiting all weekend in Orlando to testify.  JBP wants to know how long it will take them to get the file for Amy Huzienga, Baez said he was working on the file and does not have it with him.  JBP, said that if they can't do it today, they will work a full day Saturday.  JBP is now very MAD, he gave them room to store files and has seen no stored files.  Asked Baez if he has stored files.  Baez says no, they have not used the space that he gave the defense for files.  JBP, says HE IS NOT STOPPING ANYMORE FOR THE DEFENSE TO GET FILES!!!!!  You are not sequestered, you go home every evening, the jury can't.  The jury wanted to work Memorial Day but because all of you didn't want to work Memorial Day, they spent the day away from home and families.  We will take as long as this takes to try this case but we will not waste time!!!!!!!!!!

Five minute recess.

The judge has had it with the defense.  They had better have files ready from here on out!!!!!!!!!!!  Go Judge GO!!!!!

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 10:08:03 PM »

3:08 pm
Court is back in session.  Amy Huizenga is on the witness stand. Mr. George is questioning. How old are you?  26 years old.  Where do you work?  On a cruise ship.  Did you meet Casey Anthony?  Yes.  Did you consider yourself a good friend?  Yes, we were close friends.  In 2008 did you know that Casey had a job?  Yes, she was an event planner for Universal.  How much time did you spend with Casey?  Once or twice a week after she met her and Ricardo.  We texted a lot more than that.  Who were you living with?  Troy Brown.  During this time period did you see Caylee?  Yes, most of the time she was already in bed when I got to JP and Ricardo's.  Did you ever go out when Casey couldn't?  Yes, her mom couldn't sit Caylee.  Did you hang out with Casey and Caylee at Ricardo's?  Yes, most of the time, Casey put Caylee to bed at Ricardo's.  Were you aware that Ricardo and Casey were together as bf and gf?  Yes but they were off and on, they were always breaking up.  Did you ever consider moving in with Casey?  Yes, we always talked about it, getting an apt and moving into her house.  Did you make an appt to find an apt and it didn't work out?  Yes, more than once.  When did Casey say that you could move into her parent's house?  Early June, July.  Did you ever want to meet Casey's parents?  Yes, I wanted to meet her mom, we made no specific plans to meet her mom.  Did Casey ever discuss things not working out with her mother?  Yes, when Cindy couldn't babysit.  It happened more frequently and Casey was getting more frustrated with it.  Showing Amy, a transcript of text messages.  Do you recognize this message?  Yes, it is from Casey.  Did you give your phone to LE?  Yes.  Does that appear to be a true text message you received from Casey?  Yes, received into evidence. YAY!!!
Text msg says, Downtown, my mom owes me.  Did the defendant tell you anything about her relationship with her mother?  Yes, she it was strained and difficult, her mom said she was an unfit mother.  Was this frequent?  Yes.  What did she say about her mother?  She said her mom was crazy and she needed space and her mom didn't understand that.  Did you move into Ricardo's?  Yes, the beginning of June, it was JP Chats place.  She wrecked her car and needed to live close to work, they let her stay there.  Were you ever going to go get another car?  Yes, Casey was going to take me to Jacksonville on June 13th to get a new car early in the day.  Amy texted Casey to make sure she was up but Casey said she was at the hospital with her dad.  Amy rented a car to go to Jacksonville.  Casey told her later that she was at the hospital because her dad had a stroke.  Casey contacted her later that day and wanted Amy to go to Fusion.  Did you ever look for other work during that time?  Yes.  Did you ever ask Casey to help you get a job?  Yes, she was working at Universal and I wanted to work at Universal and gave her my resume.  Was there a time when you did not see Casey at all?  Yes, for a period of about 3 weeks.  During that time period did you stay in contact?  Yes, with texts.  What were the texts about?  Car trouble a few times and a bad smell in her car.  Showing Amy a text message from Casey.  Amy says it is true and accurate, received in evidence.  Text says:  There was definitely part of a dead animal plastered to the frame of my car, June 27th, 2008.  Did you have phone calls prior to this about a smell?  Yes, twice, first it was about a bad smell and then my dad definitely ran over something with my car.  Two days later, she said the smell had gotten worse and something had definitely gotten run over.  The text message was the end of the story about the smell.  Next text message says, I ran out of gas again, the previous time was about a week before.  Next text message, two weeks in a row my stupid car ran out of gas.  Next time she mentions running out of gas the car was at Amscot and Casey was hoping it wouldn't be towed.  Was there a time that Casey came to see you?  Yes, very early in the morning.  Did you know that she had not been staying at home?  She didn't say that but it was implied that she had a new boyfriend, Tony L.  Was she upset with her mother at this time?  More frustrated, with her mom over Caylee.  Her mom wanted to see Caylee and she didn't want to take Caylee to see her mother because of problems at home.  Did she inform you that she was keeping Caylee from her mom?  Yes, she said that George and Cindy were having drama, George had cheated on Cindy and they were getting a divorce.  Is this the first time you had heard about the possibility of divorce?  No.  Why did she want to keep Caylee from her mom?  She wanted to keep Caylee from drama, she also wanted her space.  Did she ever tell you she resented her mom?  No, not resentment, just frustration, resentment goes deep it didn't seem that deep.  Did you ever start looking into moving into the Anthony's home?  Yes, I even got a moving truck ready. Did that ever get set up? No, lots of reasons, landscaping, lots of people over.  Did she ever tell you that there was a time that you wouldn't be taking over the house?  Yes, none of it made sense, the bank deal was just undone.  Was this in June or July?  This was in July.  What adjectives did Casey use to describe her mom?  Mainly crazy, she complained alot about her mom wanting to see Caylee and the past relationship with her mom.  The defendant shows up at your door and asks if she could stay with you on June 30th?  No.  Did she end up staying there.  Yes, it wasn't Amy's place to say that Casey could stay and she felt bad about that.  Did you know Will Waters?  Yes.  Did you tell her that she was invited to a 4th of July at Will Waters?  Yes but she said she couldn't come because of Caylee.  Amy told her to bring her, it would be fun.  Did you ever ask her here Caylee was?  She told her the beach with the nanny, etc.  Did you attend the 4th of July party at Will Waters with Casey?  Yes.  Do you remember July 5th?  Yes.  Why?  I woke up to Casey's typing on her laptop, she was extremely happy that Tony L. was coming back from New York. Do you know what Casey did July 5th 2008?  Yes, she spent the day with Will Waters. Did you make plans to go to Puerto Rico?  Yes.  Was Casey invited?  Yes but she had to work it out to find someone to watch Caylee.  You went to Puerto Rico?  Yes.  When you came back, who picked you up?  Casey in Amy's small red Toyota, they had to make two trips for all the people and the luggage.  Did you go later to the mall?  Yes.  Did you get a call from Cindy Anthony while you were at the mall?  Yes, she was very upset.  Were you afraid to talk to her?  Yes.  Why?  Because Casey told me she was crazy.  Did Cindy tell you what was going on?  Yes.  Did you agree to take her to Casey?  Yes.  When you got there what happened?  Casey was sitting on the couch and I motioned for her to come out.  Cindy was out of view.  What was Cindy like when she saw Casey?  A massive explosion of mother and daughter, Cindy was very angry, lots of confrontation and defense.  What was the first question Cindy asked of Casey.  Where is Caylee!!!! Did the defendant agree to take Cindy to see Caylee?  Yes with a great deal of difficulty.  What was the demeanor like once they were in the car?  Only talked when Cindy asked her where was Caylee.  Casey said with the nanny.  What was Casey's attitude like?  Like a 16yr old with her arms crossed.  Sustained.

The judge is excusing the jury for the day.  They are going to be allowed edited copies of the St. Pete Times.  They will get back copies and then future copies.  Jury is excused for the day.

Amy is told to be back by 8:45, to be called promptly at 9am.  Hearing at 8:30 am.  JBP wants the state to have statements ready for arguments, with regards to Huggins case law.  Giving them more case law to read, they need to find gems in one judges dissent.  A balancing test must be done.  To allow six prior felony convictions in, they must be very careful in how they try to get them in.  The judge wants to prevent reversible error.  Once that bell is rung, they cannot re-ring it.  Get directly to the facts, no editorial comments, or opening or closing arguments allowed.  They each have 10 min.  He is giving them more case law to go over.

Court is adjourned till 8:30am

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 10:11:07 PM »

5:30 Court time:

Judge has taken the bench, Mr Ashton is arguing Huggins v State:
Punitive father of Ms Caylee?  Is proof that Ms Casey is not truthful.  Judge says we are dealing with more imaginary people?  Also dealing with all of the dealings with Jeff Hopkins and Mr Baker, is any of this true? Is Mr in fact the father of Caylee?  The defense is saying they are not saying any of this is true or exculpatory at this time.  Judge is giving them case law. Again the Huggins Case.  Wereley was written by District Court of Appeals Judge Poston, who now sits on the Florida Supreme Court, Judge wants them to be very careful of it.  The matter is now over for the day, the State will bring it up again later if need be.

The Judge thanks the court staff for working late with the state and the defense over this matter, the last email was at 10:30pm last night.

Seems as though Casey has everyone, including the judge, the state her own defense and the REST OF THE WORLD, confused with her imaginary people. 

Court is in recess till 9:00am

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 10:12:57 PM »

9:04am Court is in session,

Amy Huizenga will be the first witness. Jury is entering the court. Baez is questioning her.  How long were you friends? 5 months max.  You never even saw her most of that time, correct?  Yes, we kept in contact through texts.  Showing Amy text messages.  These are your text messages from April 4th through July?  Yes.  This covers the entire time you were friends with Casey?  A little longer but ya.  The youth today, that is all you do is text?  Yes, I had a lot of down time.  You live on the phone?  Yes.  This shows a good picture of Casey and you as well?  Yes.  The texts that were admitted, there is only one that refers to Casey's mom watching Caylee and her going out?  I haven't read them all.  There are numerous messages in here that Casey says she can't go out, she is sick or gives other excuses why she can't go out?  Yes.  Your not Casey so you don't know why she is giving you these excuses why she can't go out? True.  You can't testify intelligently about Casey and her mother's relationship?  It was one sided, you can only know what one person is telling you.  You only knew her for 5 months?  Yes but I knew some of my best friends for that length of time.  You knew her for 5 months but there is only 1 text about the smell of her car?  Yes.  You were drinking quite heavily during that time?  No, not anymore than anyone else my age.  You would drink?  Yes.  When you crashed your car where you drinking and driving?  No, I had stopped drinking 3 hrs before I drove, I nodded off on the way home from work.  Is that the only time you crashed?  From falling asleep yes.  He is being mean to Amy, she is being sweet.  He is having her look at certain a text message.  He is asking her about a text that says something about her driving, the state objects and they go to sidebar.
Baez is trying to make Amy such a party girl that whatever she says is no better than Casey's non-existent people.  The test message has to deal with her hitting a guard rail and not getting a DUI.  The defense is going to paint everyone is wrong in this case besides Casey, who is just a poor little girl who fell down a rabbit hole.  This just gets curiouser and curiouser..........

Recess is over:   Baez is questioning Amy.  During that accident you totaled your car?  The air bag blew up?  Yes.  Did you send out a text message to call you in case you passed out?  I don't know, did I?  Amy looks at page and says she doesn't know if she hit her head or not.  Is that because you didn't have your bearings straight?  No, I just never hit an air bag before.  Did that cause you memory problems?  No.  You never saw a Dr? No.  You said Casey dated Ricardo and moved in with Ricardo?  Yes.  You met Jesse Grund later?  Yes  Did you go out with Jesse Grund later?  No, we met up to discuss this case.  Can you tell anything to this jury to help them find out what happened to Caylee?  No. Baez also tried to get Amy to say that she told Jesse, she had always wanted to meet a good Christian boy.  Amy said she did say that, he then asked her if she had been intimate with any other of Casey's boyfriends?  That was sustained and he gave up. Amy wants to say something and they all went to sidebar.

Baez tried to make Amy seem like a drunk with a possible head injury and a boyfriend stealer.  So imo Baez was being his usual smarmy self.  Amy held her own ground and came off as a young woman that partied but seemed to still have an education, a job and a life.  Something that Casey has never had, except in her head.

9:37am Sidebar over Amy has left the witness stand.  State calling Lee Anthony.  Here we go...............................
Mr George is questioning him.  How old are you? 28.  Where are you working?  Not currently working.  Where do you live?  Orlando. Do you live with your parents? No  During 2008 did you live with your parents? No.  During June 2008 did you have contact with Casey, your sister?  Yes, through My Space and numerous times during July 2008.  Did you visit your mom during June 2008?  Yes.  Did your mom ask for any assistance.  Sustained.  More questions all sustained.  What did you do at your mom's house on July 3?  I was never at my mom's house on July 3?  No.  Did you help your mom set up a My Space account?  No.  Did you try to find out where Casey was on July 3, 2008?  Yes, I found out through Face Book that Casey was going to the Dragon Club on July 3, 2008.  Who did you go with?  My gf at the time Mallory Parker.  Did you try to find her?  Yes, we went to the  night club, I finally texted her to meet me, then I had Mallory to try to text her to make contact her.  Did you go anywhere but the Dragon Room to find her?  No, I did not.  How long did you stay at the Dragon Room?  Longer than an hour.  Did you finally call her?  Yes but she didn't pick up.  Did she finally pick up?  Yes but she said she was out on her own, doing her own thing.  When you finally talked to her, did you ask her where she was?  Yes, she told me she was in Jacksonville, I knew it was a lie.  What did she say?  She said she was with a friend at a country western bar.  Did you call her out?  Yes, I told her she was lying and knew she was downtown Orlando.  Did you ask her where Caylee was?  Yes, she said she was being watched while she was out with her friend.  Did you ask her who this friend was?  I don't believe I did.  When you called her out and said that she was lying, what did she say?  She said I was wrong.  When you said that wasn't in Jacksonville, what did she say?  She said I was wrong and that she was in Jacksonville.  What did you say next?  I told her to call mom.  What did she do?  She hung up on me.  I told her that they were worried about her and I was worried about her, she said that everything is fine and she hung up on me.  Did you ever call her back?  Numerous times.  Did she ever pick up?  No.  Did you keep looking for her that night?  Yes, I stayed on Church Street and went to more bars and kept looking for her.  Did you see her? No.  When did you leave? 2am. Did you come to learn that no one in your family, no one had seen Caylee for a couple of weeks?  Yes.  Did you still look for Casey?  No, my mom told me not to.  Did you see your mother from July 4-15?  No. Did you speak with her?  Yes, once and she asked me not to pursue Casey any longer, she was determined and she had it under control.  Do you recall getting a depo July 30, 2009?  Yes.  Showing him the depo to refresh his memory.  Did that help you remember how your mom was feeling?  No, there was nothing I read there that helped me.  When was the next time you saw your sister?  July 15, 2008 at my parent's house.  What time did you get to your parents house?  8pm I believe.  Was there anyone home?  No.  How did you get in the house?  The garage door.  When you got there what was the first thing you noticed?  The smell of the car and writing on the windshield.  What do you remember about the smell?  Just that it was potent and strong.  Was the smell offensive?  Yes, I walked around the car.  Who arrived at the house?  My mom and my sister.  What was the first thing they said?  Casey went to her room when she entered, I don't recall what was said.  Mr George is referring him to his depo. What is the first thing that your sister said to you?  No one is listening to me, why bother?  What was your sister's state?  Combative.  How about your mom?  Equally or more combative.  Did you enter Casey's bedroom?  I was in the door. What did Casey tell you?  That she was with the nanny.  Had your sister ever mentioned a nanny to you?  No.  Were you aware that your sister ever had a nanny?  No.  What did Casey say about the nanny?  Casey said that Caylee was already asleep with the nanny and she didn't want to wake her or change her routine.  Did that make any sense to you?  To a routine point of view, yes but not really because why not appease my mother and get Caylee back.  Mr George is showing him depo.  How long were your mom and sister arguing in your sisters bedroom?  Couple minutes at a time.  What did your sister say about getting Caylee?  Tomorrow, it was always tomorrow.  Did you offer to go get Caylee that night?  Yes, I could get Caylee or my roommate could get Caylee.  What did Casey say to that?  She was responsive at one time but Cindy wouldn't allow anyone else to go get her.

Mr. George asks for a recess.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 10:14:30 PM »

10:30  Recess is over.

Lee is back on stand.  Mr George is questioning him.  The jury is coming in.
Mr Anthony do you recall asking your sister, why won't you let us see Caylee?  I don't recall, along the lines that she was asleep, we will get her tomorrow.  Mr George is showing Lee a statement with LE.  Lee doesn't seem to be remembering anything, I am really beginning to wonder what is going  on.  Lee seems very flaky, imo.  They are taking a sidebar.......
When you asked your sister, why won't you allow us to see Caylee?  What did you tell Det Edwards?  BECAUSE MAYBE I AM A SPITEFUL BITCH!! 
When your mom was away from the room did you try to reason with your sister?  Yes.  Did you ask her what was going on, what was happening?  At one point she said that Caylee was missing, someone had kidnapped her.  We will get to that, initially when you were talking to Casey did she say anything about your mom?  I can't recall.  Mr George is refreshing his memory with a statement.  I would like to refresh it with Cindy's hammer.
What did you tell Det Edwards?  When my mom would leave, Casey would express that my mom would say.........Objection, hearsay.  Sustained.
Side bar.................
Lee is not going to give any testimony willingly and Ms Simms is very quick with her objections.  I am still very worried about Lee's testimony.  He seems to be trying to protect his sister. imo 
They are showing Casey wiping tears...she knows that Lee is trying to still help her, once again...she thinks her big brother will come to her rescue.  They just said that Lee has not made eye contact with Casey though, so that gives me a little hope.  Maybe that is why she is crying.  They really need to figure out the right way to ask him questions, to get this all in.  He is saying that he can't remember a thing.
Side bar over...............10:46
Mr George has given Lee something to read.  Do you recall the statement that you just read?  Can you tell the jury what you just read?  What did you exactly tell Det Edwards Casey said?  What did your sister say, when you asked her what is going on?  What is the deal?  I can't recall.  Mr George is approaching Lee.  Mr George doesn't seem to know what he is doing, JBP is trying to help him get this testimony.  What did your sister tell you.  She told me that my mother, numerous times that she had thrown it in my sister's face that I am an unfit mother for Caylee and maybe I am.  I went on to say that Casey was a mistake but the best mistake that Casey had ever made.  Where you get frustrating with your sister.  Very, yes, nothing was making sense to me, why couldn't we just go get Caylee and bring her home, there was no reason not to just bring her home for mom.  Do you recall what your sister told you?  No, I don't.  Side bar again...............
Baez was worried about Amy's head injury and memory?  I am much more worried about Lee's he is refusing to remember anything and Mr George doesn't seem to know how to get him to either refresh his memory or impeach him for not answering the way he did in all his statements and depos. 

Sidebar over.........Mr George asks, where you aware of a police call being made?  My mom said she was gonna call the police and at one point I remember my mom making a phone call.  Did you try to get your sister to talk to you so your mom wouldn't call the police?  Yes, I role played with her, humor me for a second.  The LE is gonna show up and say, hey Ms Anthony how are you doing?  Where is your daughter?  She is with the nanny and the cops will say OK, let's go get her.  What did Casey say to you?  She just stared at me and said that she had not seen Caylee in 31 days, that she had been kidnapped and that the nanny took her.  At that time were you given the name of the Nanny.  Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales.  Have you ever heard that name before?  No.  Did your mom hear this?  No, she could just tell that I was no longer in the doorway and that we were talking about something while she wasn't there.  What did your mom say?  She said, WHAT DID YOU DO?  WE COULD OF FOUND HER?  Objection, sustained, lol, ya try to unring that bell.  What did your sister say next, where she last saw Caylee.  Saw Grass Apts.  She was staying with Tony L., she was trying to find Caylee herself, she camped out at the Saw Grass Apts, watching the place.  Did she tell you how long she did this?  A couple days.  Did she tell you where else she searched?  Stores, a park, normal places.  When did your sister say that she last talked to Caylee?  That same day, July 15, 2008.  What happened with that phone call?  The only other person on the phone was Caylee, I don't know what Caylee said but Casey told her to put an adult on the phone.  Did you ask her at that moment, why she hadn't told anybody?  I don't believe I did.  Upon hearing this news, what did you do?  That Caylee was missing?  Yes.  I went into search mode, I found out where her bf, Tony L. lived and made arrangements to go see him at his apt.  While you were at his apt did you tell Tony L what was going on?  Yes.  Did you take any items from Tony's apt?  Yes, a laptop, a duffel bag, a backpack and a bag with knick knacks.  When you saw the laptop, what did you notice?  The laptop had a Blue Screen.  What did that mean to you?  A virus, I attempted to reboot it but it still had a blue screen.  What did you do with it then?  I just took it with me.
Showing Lee an envelope full of items.  Objection.  Judge called a sidebar to look at the envelope. 

Still at side bar, gonna post this now, before I accidentally lose it.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 10:16:05 PM »

11:20 Side bar is over..........
Mr George questioning Lee Anthony.  Mr Anthony you still have the exhibit in front of you?  Yes.  What are they?  Receipts, movie stubs, a photo copy of notes of mine.  How many receipts are there.  Maybe a dozen, I don't know.  They are right in front of you, can you count them?  I count 19.  Did you come into possession of those receipts?  No, I never had possession of those receipts.  Where did you find those receipts?  They were in Casey's possession and in things I brought back with me that night.  When did you know that they were in her things?  After a few days, at a family sit down.  How many bags?  I put the laptop in a bag, so three.  When you got back to the Anthony house did you look in the bags?  No.  Do you know what those receipts were in?  They had to be in the backpack.  When LE first arrived at your home, did you speak with them?  No, I did not, the first officer came into the home, into my sisters bedroom and started asking my sister questions.  Were you present for that?  I was in another room.  Was your dad home then?  Yes, he had gotten home minutes before.  After the LE arrived did you have any conversation with your sister on that night?  Yes.  Where?  In the garage.  Did the car still smell bad?  Yes.  What did you talk about.  She told me about the phone call from Caylee that day and I talked about how bad the car smelled.  Was it difficult to stay in the garage with the car smelling that bad?  Yes, sir.  When the items that were brought back to Hopespring, did you see any items that belonged to Caylee?  I don't believe so.  Mr George is done.
Ms Simms is on cross.  Are you Casey's older brother?  Yes.  On July 3, 2008 did you receive phone calls from your mother?  There was no mention of Caylee being missing during that phone call?  Correct.  Your mother didn't call your father that night did she?  I have no idea.  When were you in Chicago?  Not on July 3rd cuz I was downtown Orlando, maybe sometime in June.  On July 15, 2008, you said you were present when your mom called the police?  At that time you didn't think that Casey had broken any law at that time.  Objection, sustained.  The Pontiac Sunfire was the car Casey drove right?  Yes.  Your father had an extra set of keys for that car and he could access the trunk?  Yes.  At one time you were talking to Casey and she was crying?  Yes.  When your father arrived he did not go into Casey's room and ask her what was going on?  No, he didn't.  There were no questions your father asked you before LE came.  No, not that i recall.  During this time that the confrontation occurred between Casey and your mom you were there.  Yes as the mediator.  Your mom was focused on finding Caylee.  Yes.  There were times that your mother didn't give Casey a chance to respond?  Yes.  When you got to Tony's were the bags already packed?  Yes, except for the laptop, I packed that.  Did Tony pack the bags?  Objection, short side bar.
Mr Anthony, did you have an occasion to see how both you and your sister pack bags?  You shove items in bags, correct?  Yes.  That was not how your sister would pack that bag?  She didn't pack those bags.  The bags that you picked up, they had no odor?  No.  Your family, it is your father that details the cars inside and out?  Yes.  He would do that every weekend or every other weekend?  Absolutely.  The laptop with the blue screen?  Mr Lazzaro was there when you obtained that laptop?  Yes. You don't know if Tony caused the blue screen, objection......sustained.
Mr George back up...........

Ms Simms asked you about the phone call from your mom on July 3rd that Caylee wasn't missing?  What was that phone call about?  Objection, hearsay, side bar........objection must of been sustained.  When the police arrived on July 15th, were you all separated?  Eventually, yes.  When your sister told you this kidnapping scenario, did your focus leave your sister and go to Caylee.  Yes.  When the police arrived their focus was not on Casey, it was on Caylee missing.  Objection sustained.  Were the police focused on Caylee?  Yes.  When you had subsequent interviews with LE, did that ask you about you the kidnapping and Zenaida Fernadez-Gonzales.  Yes.  Lee Anthony was excused and I am in shock!!!!!!!!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 10:17:45 PM »

Next witness Deputy Fletcher. Linda is questioning him.  Where you the first individual to arrive that day on July 15th?  Yes, I was alone in marked car and full uniform.  When you arrived at that residence you arrived for a stolen car?  Yes and a verbal altercation between mother and daughter.  Who answered the door?  I don't remember?  Did you talk to someone?  Yes, I made contact with the one who made the call.  Was Cindy and George and Lee at home?  Yes.  What was their demeanor?  George didn't say too much, Cindy was very upset.  Was Cindy the initial caller?  I think I learned that.  What did Cindy say?  She said her grand daughter was missing.  How soon did you talk to Casey, after your arrival?  10-15 min.  What did Casey say?  She did not say much.  Were you asking Casey questions?  Yes.  Were you getting answers?  No, not at first.  Did you ever get answers?  Yes, she finally said her daughter was missing for a month and she was looking for her, herself, I couldn't understand why she didn't call sooner.  Who arrived next?  Sgt Hosey.  What happened when he arrived?  Sgt Hosey, took over the scene.  Did you ask Casey where she last saw her child?  She knew and was willing to take us there.  Where you involved in taking her?  Yes, I drove my marked patrol car to the complex and Dep. Acevedo drove Casey in a marked patrol car.  Where did you go?  To Saw Grass Apts.  Do you know the Apt number?  No.  She refreshes his memory.  Now he knows the apt is 210.  Did you contact any occupants of the apt 210?  I tried to but the blinds were open and no furniture, it appeared to be vacant, no lights on, no answer to a knock on the door.  Did you tell Casey that?  I don't remember. 
Baez up.  You arrived at the house and the garage was up?  Yes.  The car was open?  Yes.  You walked by the car? Yes.  You did not observe any odor of decomp coming from that car?  No.  How many other LE where there?  Four.  Lots of stupid questions all sustained. Mr Fletcher, as part of your report were you supposed to put down things other LE told you?  No.  If someone briefs you of something, that should go in your report?  No.  How does that work then?  You make a supplemental report.  You put in your supplemental report anything that Casey Anthony told you?  No.  You did not observe Zanny the Nanny?  Did you put anything in your report, about any decomp?  All the rest of the stupid questions were sustained.  None of them really made any sense.  LDB was on the ball.

Lunch is in recess till 1:30.........Judge goes onto tell them they might want to read case law concerning impeachment of LE.  What a mess of a morning, imo.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 10:19:10 PM »

1:30pm

Court is back in session.  Baez asking about Jail House videos.  They want the state to proffer which videos, they might want to introduce.  To speed up the process.  So there won't be so many objections to what is relevant.  Linda said that she was only told today after 3 years that Baez might want redacted.  She said we had a hearing on this and you ruled these videos were admissible and she has heard nothing since.  Baez says that he is filing this Motion in Liminity now because they are talking about 5 hours of video.  He doesn't want the jury to see Ms Anthony in action.  Things not to do with this trial.  Did the defense have the ability to view these videos?  Yes they did.  JBP said we have numerous hearings and the week before we went to Pinellas County he offered to hear all motions they wanted to be heard and there were motion deadlines.  Why were there no motions filed about this then.  There was a discovery cut off prior to Dec 31, 2010.  Why was this motion not filed.  Baez says we have been faced with many types of issues in this case and the practice of our craft, we don't pick up on and we later realize this has to be addressed.  The moment I thought this was an issue I spoke to LDB and she refused to help.  They have not been sitting around doing nothing, they have done the best job they can with the resources they have.  We have done everything we can and this is not being brought up before this matter has been presented and blah, blah blah.  JBP, said that well, let me get to the point, this motion should of been heard before the deadline December 31, 2010.  Unless there is something you didn't know about these videos, you should of filed this motion before the deadline.  The problem with you doing it at this date, is simply there is no time to redact the portion you are talking about.  You have five lawyers sitting over there, that have had ample time sitting over there, that could of filed this before the deadline.  You can still try to do something but it may not be timely.

Returning the jury................

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 10:20:26 PM »

1:42

Dep Aceveido on the stand, LDB questioning her.  Where were you assigned?  To sector 2.  Would that include Hopespring Drive?   Yes.  Did you arrive after Dep Fletcher?  Yes, ma'am.  What time did you arrive? 10:52.
Who did you meet at the door?  Cpl. Fletcher.  Did you take statements from Cindy, George, Lee, Casey?  Yes.   Did Sgt Hosey arrive next?  Yes.  Did Sgt Hosey tell you to escort Casey to Saw Grass Apts. Yes.  Did Casey get in the marked patrol vehicle?  Yes.  Did you ask her if she would get in the patrol car voluntarily? Yes.  What steps do you take to make sure that Ms Anthony was in there voluntarily?  I asked her if she was fine, did she want to be in there.  Did she ever ask to go back or say she wasn't there voluntarily?  No, ma'am.  Where did you take her?  To Saw Grass Apts.  How long did it take you to get there?  Only a few minutes.  What time did you arrive at Saw Grass Apts?  Refreshes her memory.  The time you arrived is?  12:05am.  What did you do at the Saw Grass Apts?  Casey told her which apt it was.  What did Casey do?  She directed us to a single apt.  Did she point to an apt #?  Yes, it was Apt #210.  Did you ask her if she was certain that is where she last saw her daughter?  Yes, she said it was.  What did you do next?  We returned her to her residence.  What time was that?  12:25am.  What happened to Casey then?  I let her out of the patrol car.

Baez is questioning..............
When you arrived Mrs Anthony, what was her demeanor like?  She was upset.  What was George's demeanor like?  Calm, quiet.  What was George like?  Calm, quiet.  Just like Mr. Anthony?  Yes.  How long were you at the home before you went to Saw Grass?  2 hrs.  Did you see the car in the garage.  Yes.  Did you smell an odor of the car?  Yes.  Can you describe the odor?  A garbage like odor.  Did you think that CSI should be called?  No sir.  Baez is done.

Linda is questioning...........

Did you notice the car trunk was open?  Yes.  How close did you get to the car?  I don't know, I passed by the car.  Do you have any experience with decomp? No ma'am.  Linda is done.

Baez is questioning.............
How long were you at the house in total? 3 hours.  How many other LE were there when you were there? 4.

Witness excused

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.