April 26, 2024, 05:36:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #499 7/21 - 7/22/2006  (Read 156177 times)
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: July 21, 2006, 11:08:07 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
We could have a giant auction on ebay as a fundraiser. Everyone could put 2-5 items up, and have the winning bidders send the $$ directly to Red. All we'd have to do is ship the items. Then we'd know how much we collected. If it's like my garage sales, we'd all buy each others stuff anyway.  Wink

Great IDEA but for the life Of me I cant figure out HOW TO use ebay  Crying or Very sad  I am not the brightest tool in the shed

But I have a collectors edition poster Of the WIzard Of Oz I would put up for Natalee

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #781 on: July 21, 2006, 11:08:24 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
We could have a giant auction on ebay as a fundraiser. Everyone could put 2-5 items up, and have the winning bidders send the $$ directly to Red. All we'd have to do is ship the items. Then we'd know how much we collected. If it's like my garage sales, we'd all buy each others stuff anyway.  Wink

That is an interesting idea... lets brainstorm on that one..

If we could get permission from TES to use their names as the beneficiaries of the charitable auction, it would lend more credibility to them.  

Also, I still think we could contact some celebrities asking for autographed CDs, books, DVD's, clothing or chatchkes and then auction them too.

I'd be willing to work on whatever we do.  I used to run a business on eBay and also did auctions for animal rescue groups.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: July 21, 2006, 11:08:36 PM »

Well, since I didn't see IE, is it true that Joran sold the pics to the show? Anybody have a transcript of the show??

This is all we have:

http://www.insideedition.com/ourstories/inside_stories/story.aspx?storyid=297
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #783 on: July 21, 2006, 11:09:06 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
I was thinking about the fund raising thing. I do the United Way thing at my work ( not all bt myself ). We do gigantic gift baskets with donated items ... real good stuff.. dvd palyers, ipods. Most of it is donated. then we raffle off tickets. Raised ten thousand last year with that one.
Another big money maker was a cash raffle 1/2 and 1/2 . We do this one every two weeks. Bout $ 400.00 every two weeks goes to the UW kitty.
But the issue is : How to translate this idea to some corporate sponsors
and how to ensure it is run on the up and up. There would have to be a company involved to ensure that .

TES is a nonprofit... 501(c)3.. and that usually gets people going.. my first thought.. Walmart  - like them or hate them... they do a lot for missing people...

Mrs Red I hope I did not offend by posting the RED dress pic on the prior page...
AS far as dontations I was thinking Bill Gates

It is his products that most of are using to keep the story alive and will continue too untill  we have answers
JMO

BTW   do you have any idea or contacts for where I can write to take out an and in the paper that JR (Scoop) works for.. and yes I am being serious..  
E-mail address in my profile..

I do like the Bill Gates idea. Someone here thinks big  ! !
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #784 on: July 21, 2006, 11:11:50 PM »

Quote from: "Sue"

Great IDEA but for the life Of me I cant figure out HOW TO use ebay  Crying or Very sad  I am not the brightest tool in the shed

But I have a collectors edition poster Of the WIzard Of Oz I would put up for Natalee

WOW I would bid on that in a heart beat... but I have never ebayed either...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #785 on: July 21, 2006, 11:13:17 PM »

Ebay is great, and it's very easy to use.

The idea sounds good to me. Ebay is frequently used to raise money for worthy causes.

I Stand With The Girl
crazybabyborg
« Reply #786 on: July 21, 2006, 11:13:18 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Well, since I didn't see IE, is it true that Joran sold the pics to the show? Anybody have a transcript of the show??

This is all we have:

http://www.insideedition.com/ourstories/inside_stories/story.aspx?storyid=297

Thank you Klaas. It doesn't sound to me like Joran got any $$ for the pics. Celeste may have, but Joran didn't. It also sounds like maybe the blonde was the guest at the Marriot since Joran wasn't registered there.
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: July 21, 2006, 11:13:29 PM »

I have gone with the wind also

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #788 on: July 21, 2006, 11:13:56 PM »

Great ideas... but I have to see about some things..

First, I am sure that TES can not take donations to fund a speicific search, or they will lose their non-profit status... so let me find out some stuff and then Sun and CBB will you work with me??

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: July 21, 2006, 11:16:15 PM »

First, I am sure that TES can not take donations to fund a speicific search, or they will lose their non-profit status... so let me find out some stuff and then Sun and CBB will you work with me??

Mrs Red,
I donated on there site last night
you can specify where the money goes
I put to the Natalee Hollway recovery fund

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #790 on: July 21, 2006, 11:16:21 PM »

We approached business here and this is they way that most of them work their donations :
They all have a donation budget. They try to spread it locally or whatever because it creats goodwill for them. They usually divide it up into categories.
Sometimes you get a no, not because it it not a worthy casue, but because their money have been allocated.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: July 21, 2006, 11:16:22 PM »

I have an autographed Bon Jovi poster I'd be willing to donate.  It's still in the tube, never used.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #792 on: July 21, 2006, 11:19:04 PM »

Mrs Red,
I donated on there site last night
you can specify where the money goes
I put to the Natalee Hollway recovery fund

I don't know why I thought that then... sorry y'all!

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #793 on: July 21, 2006, 11:19:26 PM »

I'd be willing to donate hubby's motorcycle collection, but I'm not sure he'd go along with that. Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #794 on: July 21, 2006, 11:19:38 PM »

If you are asking this Sun, I'm at your disposal.  I don't work except with my kennel, so I have plenty of spare time.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #795 on: July 21, 2006, 11:19:53 PM »

I like the Gates idea too, and you're right, somebody does think big. The most $$ I was ever involved with raising was a reverse auction. We had a dealer agree to sell us a BMW as the grande prize at actual cost since it was for charity. Then some local businesses donated some items; a color TV, 2 round trip tickets anywhere USair flew within the continental US, a persian rug. We sold a finite number of tickets for $200.00 each, and had a dinner for the ticket holders. We started drawing stubs, and the last five ticketholders were known winners of one of the big prizes. They were allowed to make deals at that point. We cleared over $30,000.00 after all expenses.
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #796 on: July 21, 2006, 11:20:25 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
I have an autographed Bon Jovi poster I'd be willing to donate.  It's still in the tube, never used.

YAY see if we put our heads together we can do this

Tim said He needed 150 Grand

Do the math   3000 people times 50 bucks
if we just hit our email address books with a letter and link to donate
a one time 50 bucks , Post on front page Of monkeys
that we need donating , work with other blog site PRO family to do the same
Sell stuff On ebay....

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: July 21, 2006, 11:20:41 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
I'd be willing to donate hubby's motorcycle collection, but I'm not sure he'd go along with that. Laughing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: July 21, 2006, 11:20:44 PM »

If y'all are serious about this, I can help you out with eBay ~ I sell stuff ALL the time since our son's in college  Confused (and, I have to admit I buy a few things, too)  Wink
My friends at school call me the eBay queen.  Rolling Eyes
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #799 on: July 21, 2006, 11:20:51 PM »

I like the ebay idea.  Not sure I have anything of value for bidding, but will gladly help.  Someone let me know what I need to do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.