March 28, 2024, 11:47:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #499 7/21 - 7/22/2006  (Read 154080 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #880 on: July 22, 2006, 12:51:56 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Red, there are some of us here who have and have had 'TOP SECRET' classifications and have worked for the government.  You don't think Scoop is going to have the State Department of Aruba take our clearances, do you? Rolling Eyes

I don't have top secret which is good, but my daughter does and we were all investigated before she got it.
I have Protected and some other level. I blab too much to have the top secret, but I did pass the new stricter CSIS one last year.

When I got mine, I had left my hometown but they go waaaaay back.  The mayor called my mother and asked her was I in some kind of trouble because the FBI was asking about me.  She had no idea about the clearance and she called me thinking I might have been killed because I was headed to the Middle East at the time.  I assured her I had not been killed yet.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #881 on: July 22, 2006, 12:55:12 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Red, there are some of us here who have and have had 'TOP SECRET' classifications and have worked for the government.  You don't think Scoop is going to have the State Department of Aruba take our clearances, do you? Rolling Eyes

I don't have top secret which is good, but my daughter does and we were all investigated before she got it.
I have Protected and some other level. I blab too much to have the top secret, but I did pass the new stricter CSIS one last year.

When I got mine, I had left my hometown but they go waaaaay back.  The mayor called my mother and asked her was I in some kind of trouble because the FBI was asking about me.  She had no idea about the clearance and she called me thinking I might have been killed because I was headed to the Middle East at the time.  I assured her I had not been killed yet.

I may not have "topsecret" clearance -- but I think I have been on "double secret probation" a few times!!  Wink

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #882 on: July 22, 2006, 01:03:28 AM »

I don't have any kind of top secret clearance so does that keep me from being banned in Aruba?
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #883 on: July 22, 2006, 01:11:13 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
I don't have any kind of top secret clearance so does that keep me from being banned in Aruba?

Dunno, maybe they have some rules against dangerous pencils?
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #884 on: July 22, 2006, 01:12:24 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Funny. Real funny.  Rolling Eyes
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: July 22, 2006, 01:12:26 AM »

Just doing a drive by. . . . .

You can download a FREE FAN SPEED controller for your computer at:

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Very good to have in this heat wave.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #886 on: July 22, 2006, 01:16:39 AM »

Anna, that's great stuff.  My son recommended that for me (and downloaded it) when our air went out the first time this year. Laughing   The first time.   Laughing   It still does on very hot days.  Reminds me that Dante said Satan was buried upside down in a block of ice in Level Nine of hell.  I was reminded about that by another poster.  That block of ice doesn't sound so when your air goes out in this weather.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #887 on: July 22, 2006, 01:18:30 AM »

OK, I have been busy working off and on and still have to do some little chores but does anyone want to work on backseat conversation?   Sad  NO?!?

Hi Carnut, long time no see.

SB, did you get that link I sent you for what you were asking about last night or night before?

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: July 22, 2006, 01:18:37 AM »

Carnut or Wreck,
If you are still here and either one knows, a virus scanner or even firewall will not protect you from having people actually hack into your computer and place themselves in the My Network Places folder, will it?  I was very shocked to open this and find a host of computers well four anyway since I do NOT HAVE ANY NETWORK!

How do you suppose they got there and why???  Two are Password protected and I cannot go into their computer but two actually are sharing photos with me!!  This I just do not understand at all!!  There is a folder with some ducks, some mountains and a group of construction workers making what looks to be a railroad crossing that I have never seen before and have absolutely no idea what they are doing on my computer and where they came from.

What the heck is that about???  I don't know these people and one of the password protected ones is from the NL and I have some script containing a website forum.

Am going to send that to some of our Dutch posters and see if they will tell me what they are discussing.

This just totally blows my mind that people can do this!!  Rolling Eyes

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #889 on: July 22, 2006, 01:20:20 AM »

Funny. Real funny.  Rolling Eyes

You would not write my name in the book if  I said, "Shango Tango," would you? Laughing

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #890 on: July 22, 2006, 01:22:22 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Carnut or Wreck,
If you are still here and either one knows, a virus scanner or even firewall will not protect you from having people actually hack into your computer and place themselves in the My Network Places folder, will it?  I was very shocked to open this and find a host of computers well four anyway since I do NOT HAVE ANY NETWORK!

How do you suppose they got there and why???  Two are Password protected and I cannot go into their computer but two actually are sharing photos with me!!  This I just do not understand at all!!  There is a folder with some ducks, some mountains and a group of construction workers making what looks to be a railroad crossing that I have never seen before and have absolutely no idea what they are doing on my computer and where they came from.

What the heck is that about???  I don't know these people and one of the password protected ones is from the NL and I have some script containing a website forum.

Am going to send that to some of our Dutch posters and see if they will tell me what they are discussing.

Well, now, afraid I don't consider that some nefarious hacking, pretty sure that's your computer going out on you local ISP's network and finding computers that are shared with the world by their users.

It's a common thing, most home user's aren't aware that their computers are shared with the world unless they do something to tell them not to be.

It's also more common on cable connections because of the way cable network connections work.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #891 on: July 22, 2006, 01:22:25 AM »

Right ... Get that phone call from Condi ... your clearance has been revoked ... not.

People need to stop believing their own BS.

Could you imagine what would happen to Aruba if they ever pulled such a stunt? You think 18% decline in tourism is bad ... it would go to 30%.

That's it ban people from your island for no reason and arrest people who's names are not Joran Deepak and Satish. Yeaah.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #892 on: July 22, 2006, 01:25:38 AM »

Quote from: "Red"

Right ... Get that phone call from Condi ... your clearance has been revoked ... not.

Could you imagine what would happen to Aruba if they ever pulled such a stunt? You think 18% decline in tourism is bad ... it would go to 30%.

That's it ban people from your island for no reason and arrest people who's names are not Joran Deepak and Satish. Yeaah.

Actually it's kind of nice thing to see the arubans wasting money on trying to overcome their media problem when all they need to do is the 'right thing'.

Even more expense provided by JVDS and friends.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #893 on: July 22, 2006, 01:27:25 AM »

Quote from: "sb"
Hey Red, it's OK if they think you're a terrorist. Remmeber how "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"?   Rolling Eyes

You are a freedom fighter, my friend. Fighting for freedom and justice for Natalee's family.  Wink

Freedom fights all ...

Does anyone see the irony in the fact that SM has told the truth all along what would happen if Aruba did not do certain things vs. the people that they have listened to and paid as consultants.

It doesn't make sense to ban us, it makes more sense to actually listen what we are saying. Maybe, just maybe in 5-10 yrs you can make a come back.

They have dug an awfully deep hole for themselves.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: July 22, 2006, 01:27:51 AM »

Carnut or Wreck,

Well, now, afraid I don't consider that some nefarious hacking, pretty sure that's your computer going out on you local ISP's network and finding computers that are shared with the world by their users.

It's a common thing, most home user's aren't aware that their computers are shared with the world unless they do something to tell them not to be.

It's also more common on cable connections because of the way cable network connections work.

Carnut,
I keep that part of my connection disabled at all times, at least so I thought and am on a LAN and not cable.  I have Ethernet card and do not do file sharing and never have that part enabled for that very reason.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #895 on: July 22, 2006, 01:28:31 AM »

Actually it's kind of nice thing to see the arubans wasting money on trying to overcome their media problem when all they need to do is the 'right thing'.

Hey, Willard Marriott is a good American and the sporter is staying at his motel.  The AHATA team is in NYC and that's contributing to our economy.  Who cares as long as they are spending in the right places.  They are not adding to their economy by spotlighting the sporter.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #896 on: July 22, 2006, 01:30:16 AM »

Carnut,
I keep that part of my connection disabled at all times, at least so I thought and am on a LAN and not cable.  I have Ethernet card and do not do file sharing and never have that part enabled for that very reason.

I know you are not sharing, but I think what you see are other users computers unknowingly sharing with you, not other users getting into your computer. But just a guess on my part.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: July 22, 2006, 01:31:12 AM »

Coupled with unauthorized charges on three credit cards and the fact I cannot access two of the computers most especially the one from NL I am beginning to think it is nefarious.  There are alot of strange programs on my computer including Python which you may know about and I do have some settings changed quite often.  And also once had soemthing done to my SQL server that again I did not do and do not know anything about but it was on my desktop one morning just sort of out of the blue.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #898 on: July 22, 2006, 01:33:19 AM »

Hey, Willard Marriott is a good American and the sporter is staying at his motel.  The AHATA team is in NYC and that's contributing to our economy.  Who cares as long as they are spending in the right places.  They are not adding to their economy by spotlighting the sporter.

We have been making this point for quite a while, I was surprised that Larry Garrison quoted it last night on Dana's show. There is no hardship or inconvenience for Aruba to go to NYC. AHATA goes their all the time and visits their consultants. JVDS went their for fame & fortune.

Hardship? Hardly.

Aruba thinks enough to entrust 75% of their economy to NYC consultants, certainly jurisdiction cannot be an issue.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #899 on: July 22, 2006, 01:34:20 AM »

Coupled with unauthorized charges on three credit cards and the fact I cannot access two of the computers most especially the one from NL I am beginning to think it is nefarious.  There are alot of strange programs on my computer including Python which you may know about and I do have some settings changed quite often.  And also once had soemthing done to my SQL server that again I did not do and do not know anything about but it was on my desktop one morning just sort of out of the blue.

Well, then it does appear that maybe your firewall isn't as capable as it should be.

If you are behind a router, which assigns a madeup IP address to your compter, then no one from the outside should be able to get into your computer unless you do something on purpose to invite them in, either by downloading something nefarious or opening a virus laden email.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.