April 26, 2024, 10:38:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #499 7/21 - 7/22/2006  (Read 156169 times)
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #940 on: July 22, 2006, 10:09:36 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Laughing I hear ya - I'm only on my second sip  Laughing

Thanks for the delete, and with all that posting I did, I think I'll go back to the warm-up bench for a few days!  Very Happy
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #941 on: July 22, 2006, 10:10:39 AM »

Quote from: "San"
GOODMORNING ALL!

WARNING - there is an email address posted at the Arubaboycott site.  It's said to be an email address set up by Julia Renfro to send kind words to the Van Der Sloots.  That email address is for the Freedom of Blog site.  They (FOB) are receiving all messages sent to it and posting your email address, along with any message you sent on their website for all to see.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SEND EMAIL TO

Good Morning Klaas and thanks for the heads up.  I would never send an email anyway but I know others would.  I think you should repost your message when the thread changes.

Good idea San, I'll post it over there now before I forget.

I was reading at FOB and also noticed that this morning. ITA w/ San---I don't email either. I knew you would catch' that over there Klaas, lol...like me---ole' eagle eyes, lmao. Glad you are sending the warning.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: July 22, 2006, 10:16:18 AM »

Good Morning. . . .just starting first cuppa!

MEMERE

Put the addresses to whom you are sending the email in the Bcc: line.  Used to stand for Blind Carbon Copy in the olden days  Rolling Eyes not sure what it means in computer jargon.  But if you list there instead of in the To:  line, the recipients cannot see each others email addresses.

If you need to see them again, you can go to your Sent folder and click on Properties of the message you sent.  Like you, I am appalled when I see all that information exposed like that and sometimes over and over and over

We need to protect the email addresses of others as well as we can.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #943 on: July 22, 2006, 10:18:30 AM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Quote from: "Frijole"

Warning TCU -  When you do switch... you need to spend HOURS getting rid of all the Norton files on your p.c.  They intentionally place them all over the place so it's harder for you to switch.  I just did this.  Worth it but a pain.

My head aches just thinking about all this ~ they can't make it easy, can they?  Did you have Norton ~ what did you switch to?  Since I probably don't have the know-how to get rid of all those files, should I just take it somewhere and ask them to delete all that mess.  It was a real rip-off, in my opinion.

Yes, I had Norton.  I switched to Zone Alarm as I read it was rated #1.  Clueless as to if it's better but I was tired of norton's poor support.

If you search Norton's files you can get instructions on how to delete it but you have to really search and remove all old files (i.e. 2000, 2001, 2002 etc. if you've been using for years)  So, if you don't have the inclination/know how then yes, have someone who does do it.

Re a rip off... I learned the hard way YEARS ago... got a new pc that had Norton for 6 mos on it.  I was clueless and assumed I didn't have to do anything.  That is until I lost everything due to a virus.  I had to strip pc of all hardware and rebuild it.  Now THAT was a Pain in the Axx.  Made a believer out of me re the need for antivirus software!   Laughing

Good luck!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: July 22, 2006, 10:21:16 AM »

Memere -

Also... if you want to FORWARD an email you hit forward and then DELETE ALL THE NAMES of the previous recipients from the top of the email... then you sent to your people in the BCC section of the screen.
 Very Happy
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #945 on: July 22, 2006, 10:22:32 AM »

TCU - oops, I had to strip all of the SOFTWARE, not hardware! ha.  (error on previous post)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #946 on: July 22, 2006, 10:22:48 AM »

To MF, Glenda, FOB and RU

I am sorry to post this here, but I only read at your site.  I am not registered.

I understand that in your island culture, you are used to using the media to dictate what the people should think and say.  I do not live on an island and I read lots of ideas good and bad.

Beth does not need to say a word.  The situation of Natalee's disappearance speaks for itself.  I would believe Aruba to be unsafe, even if Beth declared it to be heaven.  Please stop blaming her for your whoes.

I do not believe everything said by the Mass Media.  I did not change my feelings about Joran because Greta felt he was believable. As most Americans, I take everything in and draw my own conclusion.

Please stop insulting me by stating that Beth and the media dictate my attitude.  This is no island.

Your attitude toward safety is an issue (not the promotion of beaches etc). For scubajap to declare it normal for Americans to stream toward your island to connect with locals, gives a pass to the predators.  My blond daughter met locals in Mexico and invited them to a nightclub.  They responded that they weren't allowed into that club (thank goodness). What have you done, since this tragety to provide safety for those who don't want to hook up...or may be too naive to understand "the island" culture.

Instead of trying to can the Marriott spokesman,  you should be praising him.  He is one of the few to demonstrate common sense.  Celeste was not looking to get rich or jealous, she probably was appauled by Joran at the Marriott.  I would have been.  He is no "normal" teen on vacation.  No matter what does or doesn't happen to him legally, he will never be normal.

Sorry to all SM for this post but I wasn't sure how to respond to the mean and stupid remarks on the other sites.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #947 on: July 22, 2006, 10:36:12 AM »

Good morning.

Good job, Buckeye.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: July 22, 2006, 10:47:38 AM »

Good Post Buckeye.

I was sitting having my morning coffee with a friend of my moms who comes to visit me on weekends (but since I'm home she has been coming every day Shocked ).  Anyway I was telling her guess who was back on the island of Aruba and staying at the Marriott Hotel and when I told her it was Joran she was shocked to say the least.  She said the Marriott is a big hotel and that's not good.  I said could you imagine going on vacation and seeing a rapist murderer staying at the same hotel or even on the same floor as you.  I would have been livid.  If he even went in the hotel pool I was in I would want them to drain the water and sanitize the area.  This is just a disgusting display that Aruba is putting on.  They know damn well what they are doing.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: July 22, 2006, 10:49:13 AM »

Klaas, was it Joran who sold the pictures to Inside Edition or was it a tourist.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: July 22, 2006, 10:52:42 AM »

Klaas, was it Joran who sold the pictures to Inside Edition or was it a tourist.

Sounds like it was the tourist, Celeste, but I really don't know.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: July 22, 2006, 10:54:49 AM »

I am not Klaas, but in my opinion and from what I gathered from the show, it was the tourist, not Joran.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: July 22, 2006, 10:55:34 AM »

high 5, lol

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: July 22, 2006, 10:57:02 AM »

Quote from: "Nut44x4"

high 5, lol

Thanks.  I didn't get to see the show.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #954 on: July 22, 2006, 10:57:58 AM »

Maybe we can encourage all tourists to take pictures and donate proceeds to TES.  That way, we all benefit.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: July 22, 2006, 10:59:21 AM »

Yes, Buckeye,

That is an excellent post.  It totally amazes me that they think we support the boycott because Beth tells us to or worse yet, Dr. Phil says so.   Rolling Eyes   I neither like nor dislike Dr. Phil, I simply don't watch him as his program is aired at a time when I am just not watching anything and I am not a big TV watcher.

No matter how much sympathy I might have for Beth, I would not boycott if I did not think it a just cause.  OTOH, I would even if she said not to and I thought it a just cause.  When Jug asked the Governor not to sign the bill for the boycott, I would have boycotted anyway no matter what the parents say for they are being exploited one way or the other.  

Recently I went to Washington for my son's wedding and I did not want to stay at any of the hotels mentioned in this tragedy but chose a totally different chain.  Even the words Holiday Inn are unpleasant to me now.  
 Sad Before I always stayed at the 'Rott but this time at a smaller hotel the Fairfield I think it was.

No one told me to, I just didn't want to.  Same with the boycott.  It is so insulting for them to imply that we are such sheep we only do as we are told and are incapable of forming our own opinions.  But that seems to be the prevailing attitude of the Dutch elite in Aruba.  I wonder how long it is going to take the Arubans to figure out they have been lied to about what our reaction would be.  They are the ones who believe everything they are told, not us.   Wink

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: July 22, 2006, 11:01:43 AM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
Maybe we can encourage all tourists to take pictures and donate proceeds to TES.  That way, we all benefit.

Well hopefully there won't be any tourists going to Aruba from America.  But if a few stragglers happen to go I would encourage them to do so.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #957 on: July 22, 2006, 11:06:43 AM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"

Well hopefully there won't be any tourists going to Aruba from America.  But if a few stragglers happen to go I would encourage them to do so.

They don't have to be Americans...heck, I'd even open the photo shoot up to the locals....the more pictures, the better.  Maybe Klaas could screen them  Wink .
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: July 22, 2006, 11:08:26 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Yes, Buckeye,

That is an excellent post.  It totally amazes me that they think we support the boycott because Beth tells us to or worse yet, Dr. Phil says so.   Rolling Eyes   I neither like nor dislike Dr. Phil, I simply don't watch him as his program is aired at a time when I am just not watching anything and I am not a big TV watcher.

No matter how much sympathy I might have for Beth, I would not boycott if I did not think it a just cause.  OTOH, I would even if she said not to and I thought it a just cause.  When Jug asked the Governor not to sign the bill for the boycott, I would have boycotted anyway no matter what the parents say for they are being exploited one way or the other.  

Recently I went to Washington for my son's wedding and I did not want to stay at any of the hotels mentioned in this tragedy but chose a totally different chain.  Even the words Holiday Inn are unpleasant to me now.  
 Sad Before I always stayed at the 'Rott but this time at a smaller hotel the Fairfield I think it was.

No one told me to, I just didn't want to.  Same with the boycott.  It is so insulting for them to imply that we are such sheep we only do as we are told and are incapable of forming our own opinions.  But that seems to be the prevailing attitude of the Dutch elite in Aruba.  I wonder how long it is going to take the Arubans to figure out they have been lied to about what our reaction would be.  They are the ones who believe everything they are told, not us.   Wink

I agree Anna.  I am capable of making up my own mind.  They seem to be afraid of an 18 year old Dutch Boy and his crew of misfits.  They can have them all.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: July 22, 2006, 11:11:08 AM »

I am concerned that Arubans think Joran is innocent because they are told that there is not one shred of evidence against him--and not told that is because ALE refused to collect it.

I don't think for one minute that seeing him about and having a grand old time bothers them at all because of this.  I wish it did but just think they still trust their ALE and think this some unjust attack on their innocent island.  Going to be hard to change their opinion, too.  They want to think this is not their own fault.   Rolling Eyes

JMO.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.