April 30, 2024, 11:29:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 16 - 6/11 - 6/12/2011  (Read 327840 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: June 11, 2011, 11:24:20 AM »

Henkel ... from Ohio. Where the Scamthony's come from. Just one more nail.

Isn't it also wider than generic duct tape?

not sure about that but it is very distinctive duct tape...

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #361 on: June 11, 2011, 11:24:28 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/kbelichwftv

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
George looks worse today. He is not looking at photos. Jury stood up to see the distance demonstration by defense between remains and road
57 seconds ago

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #362 on: June 11, 2011, 11:25:00 AM »

omfg *^%#$@@#$##$@##@ I've said from the day she was found how the 'bugs' will tell the truth and I MISSED ALL of that testimony WAAAAAAAAAAA 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: June 11, 2011, 11:25:23 AM »

More to the point this particular Henkel duct tape wasnt made for years & could not be purchased easily.

Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: June 11, 2011, 11:26:03 AM »

Why is Bozo so interested in the distance from the road to where she was found?  I'm missing something.
He might claim the body really wasn't "hidden." When you factor in the grassy area along side the road, it's possible KC backed her car in and gave the laundry bag with Caylee's remains the old heave ho into the woods.  Based on measurements, the body couldn't have been more than 10' inside the vegetated area. God that girl is friggin lazy...
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #365 on: June 11, 2011, 11:26:11 AM »

Why is Bozo so interested in the distance from the road to where she was found?  I'm missing something.
He's getting things ready to nail kronk.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #366 on: June 11, 2011, 11:26:28 AM »

OMG did slore use the shovel to pry up the paver
I think there was decomp fluid on the pavers from purging and she used the shovel to lift it up and dump it also.. the parents are the type to notice anything out of place

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
crazybabyborg
« Reply #367 on: June 11, 2011, 11:26:30 AM »

OMG did slore use the shovel to pry up the paver

Hi NM!! 

Hmmmmm, hadn't thought of that!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: June 11, 2011, 11:26:39 AM »

Why is it so dang important to the defense as to how far the body was from the street? The body was hidden in the vegetation. Give it a break.

why...cause they are stoopid!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #369 on: June 11, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »

omfg *^%#$@@#$##$@##@ I've said from the day she was found how the 'bugs' will tell the truth and I MISSED ALL of that testimony WAAAAAAAAAAA 
http://www.wftv.com/video/28206071/index.html

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #370 on: June 11, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »

I realize Bozo's trying to prove that the duct tape was just part of the litter in the area and one piece just attached to the skull by chance. But to me, it sounds like there was more duct tape on little Caylee's body that was dispersed to other areas along with the remains (hands? feet?) it was attached to.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #371 on: June 11, 2011, 11:27:26 AM »

It will be ok.     It was taped.  You can watch it later.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #372 on: June 11, 2011, 11:28:08 AM »

Recess until 11:30

Tech needs to set up equipment
Wonder if it's a video starring "Dominic Casey?"
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #373 on: June 11, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »

9pm Saturday June 11, 2011 Court is in session:

Next state witness is Neil Haskell.

Forensic Entomologist, various degrees from Purdue University.  Lots of experience in forensic Entomology.  Qualified as an expert witness in 28 states and Canada, Germany, Spain, Belize.  He is made an expert in forensic entomology.  Entomology is the study of insects.

He was contacted in 2008 in the death of Caylee Marie Anthony, in early Sept, 2008. Michael Vincent sent him insects from the car.  Larvae and pupae.  He received the first two samples in early September. He asked for a possibility for adults of the species. Michael Vincent then looked in the trash bag and sent him adults and the trash bag from the trunk. He sent the adults to someone else in his field to identify.  In his report to them, he stated that they would be regularly found in stages of decomp.  That is from the witnesses own testimony too.  The flies were found in the paper towels from the white plastic bag in the trunk.  All of them found were dead.  He found an abundance of puparia, larvae and adult flies on the paper towels.  The flies were on the towels, attracted to the substance on the towels, he thought that it was decomposition fluid on the paper towels.  The paper towels were analyzed by Dr. Arpad Vass.  He stated that the material was adiopocere.  He knows himself what adiopocere is.  He next he looked at time lines of the paper towels and impact of decomp and temperatures and the age of the insects.  In addition to the tiny flies he found a leg of a fly called blowfly.  A southern species of a blowfly.  These flies are frequently found in decomp, human and otherwise.  If the body of a young child was in that trunk for a long time and then moved to another location?  Absolutely, at the time of death, decomp begins and there is a progression....associated with the different stages of decomp, different insects come into feed.  The blowflies are the first ones in.  They are there immediately, esp if temps are hot.  As the body decomp changes the insects change.  The florid fly comes next and the decomp has progressed.  The decomp usually is seen within just a few days in heat.  They are very tiny.  They then lay eggs.  They can get in to very small openings.  He has recovered them in cracks in concrete.  He found an absence of the early decomp flies and a greater amount of the latter decomp flies.  That tells him that the body had to be deposited very early into the trunk and the first set of flies had left and now the florid flies had colonized the decomp.  Trunks can exclude the blowflies from the most part, especially if the car is well sealed.  The body being wrapped in plastic bags would lessen the amount of blowflies.  If it is totally closed and wrapped it can delay the blowflies to the point the decomp is so late, they no longer want it.  The amount of time the body was in the car, was 3, 4 or 5 days, in his opinion.  The significance of heat in the trunk is important, the flies are cold blooded and the growth development is very fast, to larvae and puparia.  At some point he found out the remains of Caylee had been found.  He came to Florida on Dec 16, 2008.  Between Dec 11 and the day he came he consulted with people on the remains scene.  He went to the remains scene and the impound lot and the ME's office.  He took a large number of specimens from the scene and the ME's office.  Took samples to be examined, he followed chain of custody and then examined the insect samples following protocols under microscopes.  Once they identify the insect they relate it to known growth development.  Life cycle of the insects is temperature dependent.  What he found from the ME's office he found insects from advanced decomp.  He found two species of blowfly puparia and Florid flies and Housefly species.  Then he found a species of the soldier fly, all hatched out.  All were present in advanced decomp events.  He found he went through life cycles of many species but it could of been earlier than those life cycles.  In his opinion the body was placed in the woods after it had been in the trunk.  In his opinion the body was placed by Suburban Dr for many, many months....based on the recovery scene..early June or July.  It was placed there as a decomposing body not skeletal remains. In his opinion it had considerable soft tissue left when it was place in the woods. The body was not in the trunk very long due to temperatures in the trunk, it was then placed in the woods off of Suburban.  Jeff is done.........

Baez is up............

He is pleasing the court.  You were first consulted by Dr. Vass?  Yes, they were talking about another case and he mentioned this case. He and Dr. Vass go back 25 years with the Body Farm.  Dr. Vass is an anthropologist, he was studying with Dr. Bass.  The statements that you made to Dr. Vass that these were coffin flies, that was before you had seen any of the samples?  I don't remember.  Looking at a copy of his report, he received items from the trash, the first two vials received.  They were not from the trunk, they were from the trash bag.  They were the Florid flies, look like fruit flies, gnat size.  Baez says these flies are found anywhere?  Yes the can be found lots of places.  In your report these can be found in garbage?  They were found in a trash bag you changed it...laughter.  These came from a trash bag in the car.  You wanted some adult flies?  Yes.  He checked the trunk and that turned up negative results?  Correct. Then he told you he found some more insect activity in the trash bag from the trunk.  He found and sent more Florid flies from the paper towels in the trunk, there were some adults. DNA can be grabbed from lots of things?  Yes.  You can get DNA from insects?  Yes.  These paper towels were sent for DNA analysis?  I don't know.  I sent them for a bio-chemistry test to Dr. Vass?  Yes.  On the actual paper towels?  Yes, it was adiopocere.  What tests did he run?  I don't know, I trusted him to do the right tests.  You can't tell this jury what was done to these paper towels only what Dr. Vass told you?  Correct.  A blowfly leg was found on the paper towel in the trash bag?  Yes.  They are the early colonists for decomp, they are also found in your house?  Only if there is unprocessed meat.  You can find them on your window  sill?  Not mine.  Other houses can have them?  Yes.  Blowflies lay lots of eggs?  Tens of thousands.  All you could find is part of a leg?  Yes.  You can find parts of blowflies in any garbage?  Yes.  Later he examined filters from vacuum cleaners, there were some Florid flies and other carrion insects.  Baez is showing him a report.  This was sent to you in early 2011?  Yes.  Almost 3 years later you got the vacuuming of the car?  Yes.  You were able to pick out a few more insects?  Yes.  They came from decomposing fluids.  Do you know if they got into the trash or didn't make it into the trash.  It is my opinion they were in the trunk, they didn't get into the trash bag.  This wasn't very many insects?  Correct.  Part of your job is to do a PMI (post mortem interval)  to show how long a person might be deceased, or how long the insects might be attracted to an item.  In July, 2008 you could of had a better PMI if you had access to the trunk.  Lots of questions that I can't understand.  If you got entomological evidence on July 16th, 2008 you could of traced it back?  Depends on what was in the car on July 16th, 2008.  You weren't give items on July 16, 2008, you weren't contacted till Sep 2008. Correct.  In Dec you came down and conducted a investigation of the remains scene?  Yes.  It was the biggest scene you had been in?  Yes, the biggest in 30 years.  What was collected at the remains scene was all that could of been found?  I thought they did an excellent job.  Lots of LE and diff agencies were there?  Yes.  Most of the insects he saw from the scene were at the ME's office.  The witness is looking at his report.  He found specimens of different insects from the scene.  Baez is asking him about his report.  I can't hear him very well, he is away from the mic.  Baez is drawing on his big pad.  You have evidence that the body decomposed earlier in another area?  Yes.  The reason you feel so confident with these findings is because you go to see how thorough the remains scene was collected?  Yes.  Asking him about water, objection...sustained.  Tell us Dr. Haskell does submersion in water wash away certain blowfly evidence, would that change your opinion, objection...Sustained.  Isn't it true sir that eggs or larvae were washed off during the early portion of decomp, that would account for the small amount of insects?  If that is what I said, yes.  Asking him about samples he received.  He was hired in Sep 2008?  That is when I started working on the case, yes.  Then you went to the remains scene and the ME's office?  Yes.  You submitted reports?  Yes.  When did you do the report for Dec 2008?  He signed off on his reports almost a year after Dec 2008?  Yes.  Sir, you have been retained by the states attorney's office?  How much have you been paid.  20-22k, from the state, he still hasn't been sent any payment from Baez.  Baez says the check is in the mail.  By the time you send your final bill you will be in the area of 30 to 40K?  I don't know.  Baez is done...............

Jeff is up and asks Baez to leave his drawings.  Is there a difference between trash and garbage?  Yes, garbage is decomposing material, versus trash that is non-organic.  Is that significant?  Yes.  Insects will not go to non-organic material.  There was no organic material in the trash bag from the trunk.  Only empty food containers that the insects would not want to raise families in.  The majority of the Florids were on that paper toweling, attracted to the adipocere or picked up in the decomp fluids when they were mopped up by the paper towels.  The insects would of gone with the fluids in the paper towels.  Then they went through there life cycles in the paper towels.  There was no plants decomposing in that trash bag.  There was an unusual lack of blowflies in the trunk because the blowflies couldn't get it or it was too decomposed for the mother flies to want to lay eggs there.  A portion of decomp happened in the trunk, then was moved to the remains site.  Jeff is done.

Baez is up..............

Sir, you were present when they collected the trash or garbage?  No.  Your definition of trash or garbage could be different than mine?  Yes.  You were not present when this bag was collected and you don't know if it was soaking wet when it was collected?  There is nothing to suggest that it was.  Baez is showing him a picture.  Photos of two states exhibits.  Judge instructs Baez how to do this.  Shows him the photo of actual items of evidence.  Then asks him if he saw them as they were collected before drying?  He says probably not.  Shows him a picture of the items before they were dried, I can't hear Baez.  Baez asks him if he inspected the trunk for ways for flies to get in?  He said no. Baez is done.

Jeff is up............

Jeff shows him the same photo and asks him if he sees organic items?  He says no. Jeff is done.

Baez is up and asks him if he sees any organic matter in the photo and he says no.

The witness is excused. Taking the morning recess.

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #374 on: June 11, 2011, 11:29:56 AM »

On WFTV..

a 4th piece of duct tape?   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #375 on: June 11, 2011, 11:30:03 AM »

I realize Bozo's trying to prove that the duct tape was just part of the litter in the area and one piece just attached to the skull by chance. But to me, it sounds like there was more duct tape on little Caylee's body that was dispersed to other areas along with the remains (hands? feet?) it was attached to.
Since her right foot is missing except one bone, I'd say you may be on to something.  That may be how far some critter carried it before stopping to feed.  (sry, that sounds horrible)

These are my opinions and subject to change.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #376 on: June 11, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/kbelichwftv

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
George looks worse today. He is not looking at photos. Jury stood up to see the distance demonstration by defense between remains and road
57 seconds ago

If they watched the forensics from home, I'm sure they are worse.

Nut! Trimm will post links to the videos in the trial videos thread, and you can still watch it!   
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #377 on: June 11, 2011, 11:30:25 AM »

More to the point this particular Henkel duct tape wasnt made for years & could not be purchased easily.

I do not mean to be graphic, but Baez's BS legalese 101 is exactly the reason why such VIDEOS as yesterday needed to be admitted as evidence and seen by the jury. Baez tries to make the assumption that no duct tape not found near the skull has anything to do with the crime scene.

We know that animals got to Casey. Has anyone seen what animals do to another animal when found on the road or the woods? The ramins are hardly kept in the same area as the initial place of origin.

I
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: June 11, 2011, 11:30:25 AM »

What the h3ll?  Why is the clown measuring the courtroom floor?

He seems to really like elementary props. I'll bet he was the dork throughout school that couldn't wait for show and tell.

He just had to get the witness down from the stand, dufus probably couldn't read the tape measure.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #379 on: June 11, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »

Didnt the discovery show that they investigated where the duct tape came from and determined George may have lifted it from his then employer? Apple, meet tree 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.