March 28, 2024, 03:09:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #598 4/9 - 4/11/2007  (Read 143196 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: April 10, 2007, 07:30:09 PM »

Quote from: "Sleuth"
Quote from: "San"
Did anyone see the newest registered users name Laughing

Ahhahahhahahhaahhhahahaha  Wink

Laughing  Laughing
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #501 on: April 10, 2007, 07:31:44 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "carpe noctem"
Who got their hands on the first MB KID CAMERA? Was Ren-hooker
involved, a lot evil seems to trail that broom hopper.

she creates it

According to Dan Riehl - the photos came from a tourist that happened to be at CnC that last night Natalee was there.
I wouldn't put it past Dan to tell what he thought would be a "white lie" to cover up for the truth Renfro probably gave him those pics...JMO
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #502 on: April 10, 2007, 07:36:16 PM »

I saw that monkeys were asking about the size of the cement area containing the bag that is on the AruBay video.  Klaasend and BB are correct - it is approx. 4 ft by 4 ft and is large enough to hold (sorry...) a curled up body.

Some long, long time monkeys will recall 'tests' where one of our monkeys tried to curl up in a bag that would fit in that size area to prove it.  

Monkeys are great at tests - other tried duct taping their hair, etc. to prove/disprove the surfer guy comment, etc. Wink

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: April 10, 2007, 07:38:21 PM »

I saw that monkeys were asking about the size of the cement area containing the bag that is on the AruBay video.  Klaasend and BB are correct - it is approx. 4 ft by 4 ft and is large enough to hold (sorry...) a curled up body.

Some long, long time monkeys will recall 'tests' where one of our monkeys tried to curl up in a bag that would fit in that size area to prove it.  

Monkeys are great at tests - other tried duct taping their hair, etc. to prove/disprove the surfer guy comment, etc. Wink
They sure did! Ohhhhhhhh the memories this brings back  Very Happy  Laughing  Very Happy
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #504 on: April 10, 2007, 07:38:42 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Carpe,
What are your monitor settings?  Maybe that's the ticket?

Hey Anna,

1024 x 768   -  32 Bit High Quality

screen refresh = 60 Hz

Today, that's considered run of the mill, and to
some high-enders... even paltry!

I have others with higher resolutions, but the workhorse
laptop that I'm using has the specs above.

Anything higher than 1024x768 is overkill.

Unless you have a very large monitor and just want several screens open at the same time any higher resolution just gets harder to read.

I know several folks who still use 800x600 because of just being more comfortable with the font sizes at that resolution, even on 19" and larger monitors.

I suspicion a lot of folks here are also at the lower resolution because of all the wailing about blowing the margins.

Kind of a conundrum for website designers wanting to keep up with all the latest resolutions and then having to deal with all the folks who seem to be maintaining the lower resolutions on their computers.
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #505 on: April 10, 2007, 07:39:38 PM »

Elaine - I agree.  I would not doubt a Refro-Dan R connection..

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #506 on: April 10, 2007, 07:44:53 PM »

Bye for now monkeys.

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: April 10, 2007, 07:45:20 PM »

I see Renfro as someone who tried to slip her foot into everything everywhere, she was even here trying to whitewash everything. This is one place it didn't work  Wink
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: April 10, 2007, 07:46:13 PM »

Bye for now monkeys.
Bye Sleuth!!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #509 on: April 10, 2007, 07:46:16 PM »

Ummm...that might have been me doing the curling up.  Embarassed

And I had hubby measure me with a measuring tape to see exactly how much space I would take up. Poor hubby - he doesn't even ask anymore why I want him to do these things.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: April 10, 2007, 07:47:43 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

Ummm...that might have been me doing the curling up.  Embarassed

And I had hubby measure me with a measuring tape to see exactly how much space I would take up. Poor hubby - he doesn't even ask anymore why I want him to do these things.  Laughing

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #511 on: April 10, 2007, 07:49:43 PM »

I didn't mean to be rude, I just barged right in here this evening. I wanted to say Hello Monkeys!! And, welcome to Tiger and you too adoronron!
adoronron
Scared Monkey

« Reply #512 on: April 10, 2007, 07:50:01 PM »

Here's the cammoguy comparison photo as it was when I obtained it.

Here is the right hand side of the same photo where I have adjusted contrast, etc, to show that most of the guy's back has been filled in with white.

Does anyone have any idea why someone would do that to the photo?

Ado
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: April 10, 2007, 07:51:44 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Anna is right!  It is a clog.  I see what she is saying.  The person is wearing clogs.  It could very well be Yolanda.  

Carpe
You are now Wane Friggin Newston!!! Laughing  Laughing

Carpe,
We love you, too, but it's a clog!  Magnify to 200 and look at the bottom edge of the pants leg on the right and you will see the end of the dark brown clog and a section of navy blue sock between the clog and the pants leg.

Those are NOT toenails but contrasting triangle stitches or tiny patches of leather, etc.

This one I am positive about and see clearly.  Be sure monitor on full brightness and it's there plain as day.

Very Happy

But I still love you even if you are wrong.   Wink

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: April 10, 2007, 07:53:33 PM »

Quote from: "adoronron"

Here is the right hand side of the same photo where I have adjusted contrast, etc, to show that most of the guy's back has been filled in with white.

Ado

It's my belief that increasing the contrast of the original photo too much is what caused most of the plaid in the shirt to disappear.  Whoever did it was trying too hard to enhance, to view something else.  Not sure if it was done maliciously or accidentally.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: April 10, 2007, 07:56:48 PM »

One of the first things we did with the photos was of course compare the guy at the bar's plaid shirt with Jorans for it was so early we were not fully familiar with how Joran looked and wondered if that guy was him from another angle.

Not the same plaid but sort of similar.

Don't know how it got so washed out, Ado.  Someone trying to make background light enough to see into the dark areas and it makes the shirt go to white, I think?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #516 on: April 10, 2007, 07:57:26 PM »

Quote from: "adoronron"

Ado
The only coceivable reason I can come up with is that whoever photoshopped these pics was a Pro-Joran fan. Knowing that Joran always wear checkered shirts, someone wanted to make sure no-one thought that was Joran looking up at Natalee. If you look at the left side of the shirt it is checkered, where it is not white. I never  thought that was Joran looking up, but maybe whoever messed with the photos wanted to guarantee that??
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #517 on: April 10, 2007, 07:59:46 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Carpe,

Hey Anna,

screen refresh = 60 Hz

Unless you have a very large monitor and just want several screens open at the same time any higher resolution just gets harder to read.

I know several folks who still use 800x600 because of just being more comfortable with the font sizes at that resolution, even on 19" and larger monitors.

I suspicion a lot of folks here are also at the lower resolution because of all the wailing about blowing the margins.

Kind of a conundrum for website designers wanting to keep up with all the latest resolutions and then having to deal with all the folks who seem to be maintaining the lower resolutions on their computers.

I have the same as Carpe...  My computer is less than a year old and I have one of the flat screens.  I don't have a inclination as to why I am seeing things that others, can't.  I have asked everyone in the house if they see this body and they all agree.  To us, it is, clearly in plain site.
Clear as a bell, even down to the injuries to her ankles.  

I've taken a copy of it and have outlined it with paint, but have no idea of
how to include it in my comment.  I did e-mail it to Klaas and I have printed it out.... I am not crazy.

LaLa's:

Do you want me to e-mail you a copy?

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: April 10, 2007, 08:05:44 PM »

Quote from: "Patti"
Quote from: "Carnut"
Carpe,

Hey Anna,

screen refresh = 60 Hz

I have the same as Carpe...  My computer is less than a year old and I have one of the flat screens.  I don't have a inclination as to why I am seeing things that others, can't.  I have asked everyone in the house if they see this body and they all agree.  To us, it is, clearly in plain site.

how to include it in my comment.  I did e-mail it to Klaas and I have printed it out.... I am not crazy.

LaLa's:

Patti, can I see too?   Casualdolly@aol.com
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #519 on: April 10, 2007, 08:05:51 PM »

Quote from: "Patti"

LaLa's:

Patti,

Would you email me a copy please. My computer resolution is the same as Carpe's, and my laptop is less than six months old, but all I see are blobs.

sockmonkey_mom@yahoo.com

Thanks!

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.