April 28, 2024, 05:20:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 17- 6/13/2011  (Read 226014 times)
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #420 on: June 13, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »

Gotta run, Monkeys!  Great comments today.  Will see you later! 

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Girlzrock
Scared Monkey

Next year, boyz....

« Reply #421 on: June 13, 2011, 12:18:56 PM »

What did I hear the judge say to Baez about something that he had previously denied?

I think it was an instruction for the jury that the defense wanted - Judge Perry denied the request....
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: June 13, 2011, 12:19:03 PM »

Maybe Tony L. he never finished his statements. Remember he can tell them that Casey
never said that George touched her.

If Casey takes the stand

Airlinemonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #423 on: June 13, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »

Did I miss it? Did Jesse Grund ever testify?

Evidently they are not going to need him or it is his travel plans which they are waiting on. He lives in Ga. I had hoped Cindy's brother Rick would be called.
Yes, your right Rick would be a great witness...so many more people they could of called to testify....
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #424 on: June 13, 2011, 12:19:33 PM »

Hold up....CJBP thinks the defense is a week/week and a half

Seriously?   Mason goes to sidebar

Cause the judge believes it is a weak/weak and a half defense.  

Wonder what all that was about.  Seems to me they were annoyed that the judge was figuring their case would only be a week or so, and somehow that would give the jury a prejudice that their case is weak, which it is, IMO, but what a putz.

The judge has the witness list and what they are going to testify to, so he would be in a position to judge time wise unless Mason & bozo drag this out with their totally irrelevant questions. They are so stupid.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Yoder1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #425 on: June 13, 2011, 12:20:03 PM »

The tattoo artist needs to testify, IMO, but that's a two edged sword for them in a way. Yep, she got the tattoo and yep, it says "Beautiful life", but he says adamently that she had been in there multiole times and was a very attentive, loving Mother.

Hmm, a sword and a shield.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #426 on: June 13, 2011, 12:20:15 PM »

What did I hear the judge say to Baez about something that he had previously denied?

I believe he wanted an instruction given to the jury about length of each side's case, possibly?  Judge has denided it and said he has denied it before, and I believe bozo stood up to say that the last time it was denied was not the same thing as this time, to which JBP said thank you sir.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #427 on: June 13, 2011, 12:22:33 PM »

Evidently they are not going to need him or it is his travel plans which they are waiting on. He lives in Ga. I had hoped Cindy's brother Rick would be called.
Yes, your right Rick would be a great witness...so many more people they could of called to testify....

I think they are smart not putting every single person up there.  You run the risk of confusing the jury.  We have had 3 years to absorb all the craziness of this case, but the jury has not.  It could appear to be, oh what is the word, bullying or badgering, too much information, etc. 

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #428 on: June 13, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »

Maybe Tony L. he never finished his statements. Remember he can tell them that Casey
never said that George touched her.

If Casey takes the stand

When does the dumbfense have to decide if she will testify? 

kimmy2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #429 on: June 13, 2011, 12:25:09 PM »

wouldnt Rick and Jesse statements ...well most of their statements be hearsay? Someone may know more than me.....Capp any thoughts?   

Live each day as if it were your last!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: June 13, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »

The Prosecution has left out a lot of evidence IMO.

I hope this will be enough!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #431 on: June 13, 2011, 12:26:13 PM »

I'm very concerned right now...anybody else?

I know the state has a lot more evidence they could present and many more witnesses they could call to testify...why aren't they? I'm not sure the state has presented enough evidence and testimony for the jury to render a "guilty" verdict at this point. I'm hoping the state will slam this all home in their closing statements, but I wish they would do more now to avoid a mistrial, an innocent verdict, or a retrial. I know Bozo is an idjit and I'm sure he will flub up during the defense phase of the trial, but jeesh, for the first time since Caylee was "officially" missing, I'm worried the BHW will walk! Anybody else feel the same way?
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #432 on: June 13, 2011, 12:26:25 PM »

The tattoo artist needs to testify, IMO, but that's a two edged sword for them in a way. Yep, she got the tattoo and yep, it says "Beautiful life", but he says adamently that she had been in there multiole times and was a very attentive, loving Mother.

So many of the witnesses would just be rehashing what has been presented already and I don't think the state wants to totally overwhelm the jurors with repetitious testimony. I think the state's cross will be exciting.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: June 13, 2011, 12:27:37 PM »

I cannot think of anything they left out.  Just me though.  And, again, I am glad they are going to wrap this up soon, so the jury does not have to remember everything for forever and because at some point the jury is going to get angry with them if it goes too much longer. 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: June 13, 2011, 12:28:03 PM »

I have asked this a few times and I don't believe anybody has answered and it cuold be that nobody knows, but, does anybody know what evidence the Dumbfense plans to introduce to prove her innocense?  Or, I missed answers and if so, I am sorry. 

We all knew well in advanced what the state had, but we have no idea, other than his opening statement, what he plans to show as proof.  Or does he just plan to put his witnesses on to try and cast doubt on the state's witnesses?

Is there a website somewhere with the dumbfenses evidence?

There is NO proof, just Casey's lies...if she testifies we have Tony's proffer that can come in.   It also doesnt matter one bit what hired expert may "speculate" as that is not proof it occurred.    It is a huge defense error to mimick the Menendez brothers defense by their attorney, Leslie Abramson.

LKB aka Miss Piggy just accused CJBP of taking off his robe & joining the prosecution in this case on TruTV Insessions - the presentation of the transformation/duct tape video is  not prejudicial nor an error.
Insessions talking about the two completely different reactions of Casey in and outside the presence of the jury.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #435 on: June 13, 2011, 12:28:41 PM »

I cannot think of anything they left out.  Just me though.  And, again, I am glad they are going to wrap this up soon, so the jury does not have to remember everything for forever and because at some point the jury is going to get angry with them if it goes too much longer. 

And they will forget the evidence if it goes on and on.

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #436 on: June 13, 2011, 12:30:17 PM »

9:00am Monday June 13, 2011 Court is in session.

First state witness is Steven Shaw.

Jeff Ashton is up.............

Stephen Shaw is Hair and Fiber Examiner for the FBI.  He has been employed as this for 6 years.  He has 2 degrees in hair and textile.  He has had additional training as a hair and fiber examiner for one year at the FBI including ID tests, matching tests, oral boards and final tests.  He has previously testified as an expert in court 12 times, Florida, NY, CA, other  states.  The judge makes him an Hair and Fiber Identification expert.

In Dec 2008, he became involved with a hair in the case of Caylee Anthony.  It was the part of the quality assurance procedure.  They have another examiner perform the same tests to make sure the first one was correct.  It confirmed the apparent decomp and microscopic is similar to the sample hair to the hair brush.  He was given a hair mass to examine it was submitted by OC Sheriff's office.  He examined the hair mass, hairs microscopically and compared it to the hair from the trunk of the vehicle.  He found decomp on a hair in the hair mass, it was at a later stage of decomp.  It had the band and the root but it had a brushed like appearance related to later decomp.  All of the hairs were microscopically similar.  This hair and the hair mass were consistent to each other and the hair found in the trunk.  He has done research in the FBI for decomp found in hair.  The preliminary results are from 600 hairs from living persons, stored in different locations, indoors in water, out doors in sunlight cars and car trunks in different climates and in different locations.....time periods varied....he then examined the root ends of the hairs, none had root banding.  Known deceased hairs he tested confirmed post-banded hairs. Examiners did make mistakes on two of the hairs, they eventually compared these hairs and confirmed they were not death banded. Side bar.........Side bar is over.  Baez wants a proffer over the power point demonstration.  Baez says he had no knowledge, lol, of the power point demo.  Baez wants things to be done in a just way.........Oh brother, lol.  Ashton says that everything in the power point has been provided to the defense.  Baez is still going on and on and says he only got the photos and they are black and white photos, color is different.  If it is going in living color, there is a difference.  Now he is worried about living,,,,,,,geesh.  The only one he is worried about living is his beloved Casey.  Yuck.....

Looking at photos on the monitor, they are hairs used in the study he performed.  Hairs from living people before and after they were studied. Baez wants to know if the dark area in the living samples, show decomp and he says no.  It is not apparent decomp.  It is something natural in someone's hair.  Next photo is hair stored in the trunk of the vehicle they are from a living person, more photos from living people, none had the band.  The darkening in the root area is not a band.  When you refer to the banding what do you mean?  Band has to be above the root bulb and it has to be opaque of a certain thickness, in a known dead person's hair.  The decomp in living hair is not the same. The testimony can be confusing antemortem means from a living person and postmortem means from a dead person. Prior to this case was this banding known?  Yes.  Showing more slides of hair in the tests. These are postmortem hairs.  Baez is just going on and on asking about the test done on hair-banding by the FBI.  Jurors are not in the court during this proffering.  Baez asks if the climate is the number one factor in decomp?  Yes, in the rate of decomp.  He said hairs in warmer climates will produce bands faster, lol. Baez is done, done, done and I bet he wished he never asked that question, lol. Are there are differences in hair from adults and children?  No, we don't can't tell if a hair came from a child or a an adult.  A hair from a young child can be thinner.  There were two children in the test, there were no difference in the findings.  Were any of these hairs exposed to trash or garbage?  No, not that I am aware of.  Mr Baez is done, he says they may be cumulative and the power point says it is improper bolstering and improper climates.  He says we are talking apples and oranges.  Also 403, an unfair prejudice, we were given this at the last possible second and we can't do a similar study.  Judge says it is not a 403, it is a 6th amendment right.  Baez says it is both.  The power point is just not fair.  Judge is asking when this study was done?  March, 2011.  They told the state and the defense then that it was done.  The judge wants to know when and what was told to the state and the defense of this study.  Ms Lowe told the state and the defense of this study in Mar 2011.  It was provided to the state in color photos and the fact the study had been done in May.  They were emailed in color.  Jeff Ashton says the state and defense were told by a teleconference that the study was done.  Arrangements were made over numerous photos.  The photos were requested and sent to the local FBI in color.  They have been provided in color many times.  The state has them in color, Jeff did not know that the defense printed them out in black and white.  The state emailed them in color.  He is not responsible for the defense printing them out in color.  Ms Simms says some were sent last week.  Jeff says they were not aware they had black and white photos that were not acceptable.  Ms Simms is complaining about when she got the photos and the day she got them.  She has not been able to cross examine in deposition all of this experiment.  She requested but she was not given color copies or allowed to make her own.  The FBI says it could not release it because it was currently research material.  Jeff Ashton is addressing the improper bolstering argument.  This does not come under improper bolstering.  Baez has a concern of finding himself in the middle of trial and he can't do a thing about this power-point.  He has done every single thing they can and the FBI has been wonderful, however it is still unfair.......just unfair.  He has never done anything about this unfortunately but Ms Simms has.  This test began after the depo was taken after Mr Shaw was deposed.  Ashton says that the FBI offered to have this examined in person and the defense did not do it.  This study was contemplated before this case.  This case spurred him on but it had already been contemplated.  Judge now says what Casey is charged with......the state has indicated that they seek the Death Penalty.  Rule 3.220 says the state must provide certain things to the defendant, it is not the FBI's responsibility to provide it, it is the state.  He goes on to say that he finds it troubling that the state in the 9th hour provides a power-point in color that was not provided to the defense.  The power-point is denied.  However, the the expert has testified and it will stay as is.  It is the state of Florida not the FBI responsibility for this power-point, it will not be shown to the jury.  The FBI expert can testify about it but the photo's from the power point can not be used.  The defense could open the door to the power point if it asks anything about the photos.  Recess for five minutes.

10:15     

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #437 on: June 13, 2011, 12:32:16 PM »

I'm very concerned right now...anybody else?

I know the state has a lot more evidence they could present and many more witnesses they could call to testify...why aren't they? I'm not sure the state has presented enough evidence and testimony for the jury to render a "guilty" verdict at this point. I'm hoping the state will slam this all home in their closing statements, but I wish they would do more now to avoid a mistrial, an innocent verdict, or a retrial. I know Bozo is an idjit and I'm sure he will flub up during the defense phase of the trial, but jeesh, for the first time since Caylee was "officially" missing, I'm worried the BHW will walk! Anybody else feel the same way?

I do not understand at all what is missing.  They have put in everything, that I remember, other than a few witnesses.  They had over 300 people on their witness list.  They cannot call them all.  They also have to think about what the Dumfense will do to these witnesses on cross, and make decisions about what is most important. 

They got the hair banding in.
They got the decomp in trunk in.
They got the air tests in.
They got the sticker in.
They got all those videos in jail in.
They got her shopping on video in.
They got the duct tape in.
They got a simulated video of Caylee decomposing in.
They got her not looking for her daughter and partying for 31 days.
They got her lies in.
They got the dog evidence in.
...And I am sure there are a trillion other things they successfully got in.

What are they missing?

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #438 on: June 13, 2011, 12:33:41 PM »

As cleverly as the State has presented their case thus far, I am confident they know what they are doing.  Depending on what bozo tries to pull, they have an opportunity for rebuttal witnesses, which knowing how bozo is all over the place, should open many doors for them.
I remain confident the State will leave no "paver" unturned in seeking justice for Caylee.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: June 13, 2011, 12:36:08 PM »

This is one thing I wish they had presented as circumstantial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Anna on June 13, 2011, 12:27:18 AM
Let's not forget about this SM discovery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jyPyLnhudE&feature=related

I sure hope the Prosecution knows about this.

Thanks Anna - Yes I sure hope they looked into it!

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/01/10/could-zenaida-gonzalez-have-been-code-for-caylee-anthonys-location-and-not-just-a-nannys-name/

The tattoo artist, the neighbor about the fight, etc.  I guess I am just anxious.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.