April 27, 2024, 11:20:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 17- 6/13/2011  (Read 225996 times)
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: June 13, 2011, 01:11:39 PM »

Is In Session reading SM? Casey Jordan just read a list of what many of you just asked about...  Rick, Jesse and Tattoo Artist

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #481 on: June 13, 2011, 01:11:52 PM »

I thought a guilty verdict did not have to be unanimous?  Does it? 

I think the State is very methodical in presenting thier case and only brought in what they could prove.  There's a lot of other stuff that could bog down the jury and give the defense room to provide doubt.  Once the defense brings in their witnesses, I'm sure the state will tear them apart and then it will end with the defense looking stupid (because stupid is as stupid does) and the state will win. 

Don't fret over what you cannot change.  Justice for Caylee is coming.

This is stupid, but in Florida, it has to be a unanimous 12 juror vote for either guilty or not guilty in the guilt phase, but in the penalty phase, the majority rules, and if a tie, the judge can break the tie. 

OK, that makes sense. So unanimous for guilty and unanimous for aquittal. Any mix would be a hung jury?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #482 on: June 13, 2011, 01:12:51 PM »

The State may be saving some witnesses for Rebuttal.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: June 13, 2011, 01:12:55 PM »

As cleverly as the State has presented their case thus far, I am confident they know what they are doing.  Depending on what bozo tries to pull, they have an opportunity for rebuttal witnesses, which knowing how bozo is all over the place, should open many doors for them.
I remain confident the State will leave no "paver" unturned in seeking justice for Caylee.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: June 13, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »

I wonder why they didn't bring in the phone calls the pings, the calls back to back to mom and dad the day Caylee died?
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #485 on: June 13, 2011, 01:15:05 PM »

It only takes one to say she is not guilty and she walks. I think the prosecution decides to try the case again after hearing how the jurors voted. So lets say 11 voted guilty one voted not guilty they would definitely retry it. But if it's split they may decide not to or may decide to go with a lesser charge. The judge could let her out on bail awaiting the decision of the state.. Man I hope that does not happen

That's my understanding as well........... I was just trying to find if that's termed "aquittal". I'm not sure why that wouldn't be a hung jury. I don't clearly understand the verbage, but I'm looking!!

Oh wait your right so in order to be an acquittal or convicted everyone has to agree that she is guilty or not guilty. If one votes not guilty than it would be a mistrial and then can be retried if the state chooses to Right?  I do not think that all 12 could say not guilty I wouldn't think anyway

No there are lesser charges..2nd degree manslaughter is one thing the judge mentioned at the beginning when he was giving the laundry list of her charges.

There is no way someone is going to sit through this and say she was a great mother and did not cause any harm or allow any harm to come to her daughter and some other dude did it.

Remember even the charges of child neglect for a child of tender years are on there 2x.

IMO, they proved wo a doubt the charges of lying to police.

I beleive they proved the child neglect charges.

I believe they proved 1st degree murder. 

We shall see.  I cannot wait for this to be over.  I do not know what I will do or how I will move on if she is found not guilty, but I doubt that would happen.  I do not know if I can emotionally take another trial.  I do not know.... 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #486 on: June 13, 2011, 01:15:52 PM »

Good Afternoon/Good Morning Monkeys!

I am so far behind and have tried to follow along.  I hopefully will be able to go back and watch the videos eventually. 

As much as I did see of the State of FL vs Casey Anthony one thing sticks out in my mind and it is the excellent, efficient layout of the case by the SAO.  I also think back to December 11, 2008 when the defense filed a motion to wave ICA's rights to a speedy trial and on that day the Lord brought Caylee's little earthly body to light.  Karma is really something.  I wonder if ICA and the dufense ever regret that filing.  If the state had less time to prepare, I don't think their case would have been as wonderfully presented.

There will be justice for Caylee!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #487 on: June 13, 2011, 01:17:10 PM »

I thought a guilty verdict did not have to be unanimous?  Does it? 

I think the State is very methodical in presenting thier case and only brought in what they could prove.  There's a lot of other stuff that could bog down the jury and give the defense room to provide doubt.  Once the defense brings in their witnesses, I'm sure the state will tear them apart and then it will end with the defense looking stupid (because stupid is as stupid does) and the state will win. 

Don't fret over what you cannot change.  Justice for Caylee is coming.

This is stupid, but in Florida, it has to be a unanimous 12 juror vote for either guilty or not guilty in the guilt phase, but in the penalty phase, the majority rules, and if a tie, the judge can break the tie. 

OK, that makes sense. So unanimous for guilty and unanimous for aquittal. Any mix would be a hung jury?

Yes, and that would cause the judge to issue a misstrial and then the state would have to decide if they want to retry her.  This case has cost a huge boatload of money.  I am not sure what they would do.  I would hope they would retry it.  I know my faith in our justice system is already shot to heck but that would further skew my view of our justice system. 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #488 on: June 13, 2011, 01:17:19 PM »

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: June 13, 2011, 01:17:26 PM »

It only takes one to say she is not guilty and she walks. I think the prosecution decides to try the case again after hearing how the jurors voted. So lets say 11 voted guilty one voted not guilty they would definitely retry it. But if it's split they may decide not to or may decide to go with a lesser charge. The judge could let her out on bail awaiting the decision of the state.. Man I hope that does not happen

That's my understanding as well........... I was just trying to find if that's termed "aquittal". I'm not sure why that wouldn't be a hung jury. I don't clearly understand the verbage, but I'm looking!!

Oh wait your right so in order to be an acquittal or convicted everyone has to agree that she is guilty or not guilty. If one votes not guilty than it would be a mistrial and then can be retried if the state chooses to Right?  I do not think that all 12 could say not guilty I wouldn't think anyway

No there are lesser charges..2nd degree manslaughter is one thing the judge mentioned at the beginning when he was giving the laundry list of her charges.

There is no way someone is going to sit through this and say she was a great mother and did not cause any harm or allow any harm to come to her daughter and some other dude did it.

Remember even the charges of child neglect for a child of tender years are on there 2x.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
TexasMonkey
Scared Monkey

Wine for all the Great Monkeys!

« Reply #490 on: June 13, 2011, 01:18:10 PM »

Thanks Capp. I knew something had to be unanimous.  I'm not worried. It's not over yet.  As long as Bozo still has time to talk... more facts for the state will be given!  It seems he works for them more than for ICA.
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: June 13, 2011, 01:18:27 PM »

I wonder why they didn't bring in the phone calls the pings, the calls back to back to mom and dad the day Caylee died?

It may have supported the defense's claim that Caylee died accidently in the pool and that KC, because she is emotionally and intellectually immature, ie "brain development," did not react as a "normal" person would under the circumstances. Of course calls to George does NOT support the defense claims that he found a lifeless Caylee....beats me. I stated a few pages ago that I am thoroughly confused at this point.....
crazybabyborg
« Reply #492 on: June 13, 2011, 01:18:48 PM »

Awwww, I han't seen that one, Jackie! She's what it's all about. Justice for Caylee!!  ::justice2NJ::
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #493 on: June 13, 2011, 01:19:21 PM »

Thanks Capp. I knew something had to be unanimous.  I'm not worried. It's not over yet.  As long as Bozo still has time to talk... more facts for the state will be given!  It seems he works for them more than for ICA.

That is so true..
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #494 on: June 13, 2011, 01:20:09 PM »

Well she does not get 1st degree. Does that mean she won't get charged for a lesser charge and found guilty for aggravated manslaughter and the counts for lieing to the police. I am so confused. Are you saying that if they say not guilty is over and she is out of jail and that's that?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: June 13, 2011, 01:20:15 PM »

Wonder if Judge Perry's statement that the jury may be deliberating by the 27th has sunk in with Missy Casey yet!

Only a few more days of total attention and out of jail time and getting to be around free people.  Big house is in her future!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: June 13, 2011, 01:20:46 PM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20502254,00.html
Casey Anthony Trial: Heart-Shaped Sticker Residue Found on Duct Tape
By Steve Helling
Monday June 13, 2011 12:15 PM EDT

In court at the Casey Anthony murder trial on Monday morning, Elizabeth Fontaine, a physical scientist and forensic examiner, testified that there was heart-shaped residue on the duct tape that had been over the mouth of the 2-year-old.

"It was approximately the size of a dime," Fontaine testified. "If you were to wear a band aid for an extended period of time, and then take it off, there would be glue residue and debris. That's what this looked like, but in the shape of a heart."

The state plans to introduce evidence that similar heart-shaped stickers were found in the Anthony home.
 ::snipping2::

~ Peter Frampton
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #497 on: June 13, 2011, 01:21:30 PM »

Wonder if Judge Perry's statement that the jury may be deliberating by the 27th has sunk in with Missy Casey yet!

Only a few more days of total attention and out of jail time and getting to be around free people.  Big house is in her future!

I want her to be the first witness for the defense!!

That would be great
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #498 on: June 13, 2011, 01:25:14 PM »

I wonder what Caylee would look like today, had her mother not murdered her? Too bad the state couldn't include an age enhanced image of  he Caylee that never came to be...I think it would be powerful, if allowed....IMO
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #499 on: June 13, 2011, 01:25:19 PM »

Hey..the State isn't done..they still have more witnesses..so we have to see what tomorrow brings.

No worries here..the jury is hanging in..no one has asked to be excused yet..which is a very good thing.

They seem to be paying attention.

But my gut says Casey's own words are what is going to get her the guilty verdict:

1. "Maybe I am just a spiteful bitch."  Who gives their brother that explanation to help finding their missing daughter and get to the bottom of what happened while waiting for the LE to arrive..a person who is unconcerned with finding her daughter and knows exactly what happened. 

2. Her lies to LE the minute her mouth opened on the  third 911 call her Mom placed she started lying and to this day has not stopped..which means she has changed her story numerous times..and the jury has heard all the versions of those lies.

3. LE gave her the chance at Universal to admit to an accident..and she never has...until Baez opening statement.  If that statement was true..why didn't Baez plea her out to an accident earlier ?

The 31 missing days will have an impact..no one believes she had her own investigation..and the jury won't either.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.