April 27, 2024, 09:54:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 17- 6/13/2011  (Read 225955 times)
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: June 13, 2011, 03:34:30 PM »

I don't know much about Robyn Adams, but she is what is referred to as a jail jouse snitch up here and anything she says is suspect. I know she had some letters Casey wrote to her
and what Casey herself wrote mght carry some weight but anything she says the other one told her, pffft
It's not as if Adams is a fine upstanding citizen.
If I am not mistaken, Baez had to give the jury SOMETHING to back up what he said in his opening statements and I don't see how that is possible.

I hear ya Kat but according to this - http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/06/13/casey-anthonys-former-cellmate-set-to-testify-for-prosecution/  she will testify for the prosecution.   I think the prosecution team has shown themselves pretty sharp so far, so whatever this girl is going to say must be good.   
I would like to see the state close with a memorable BANG!
Baez is threatening a bombshell for closing.

Loca
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: June 13, 2011, 03:36:45 PM »

Jane Vallez-Mitchell was just on HLN saying that the jury was out of the room when the evidence that Casey had heart-shaped stickers in her room was presented.  I didn't know that.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: June 13, 2011, 03:36:52 PM »

I don't know much about Robyn Adams, but she is what is referred to as a jail jouse snitch up here and anything she says is suspect. I know she had some letters Casey wrote to her
and what Casey herself wrote mght carry some weight but anything she says the other one told her, pffft
If I am not mistaken, Baez had to give the jury SOMETHING to back up what he said in his opening statements and I don't see how that is possible.

I hear ya Kat but according to this - http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/06/13/casey-anthonys-former-cellmate-set-to-testify-for-prosecution/  she will testify for the prosecution.   I think the prosecution team has shown themselves pretty sharp so far, so whatever this girl is going to say must be good.   
What kind of a bombshell, loca?  What could be more shocking that his opening statement?

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
TexasBarMom
Scared Monkey

Me Oh My

« Reply #583 on: June 13, 2011, 03:39:06 PM »

I can't imagine what kind of "bombshell" could top his opening statement. 
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #584 on: June 13, 2011, 03:41:40 PM »

So based on everything I am reading, the state will call (at least) 3 more witnesses - Robyn Adams, Cindy Anthony, and someone who can't make it till tomorrow at 1pm. 
Pretty sure that Robyn will testify that Casey told her personally that she had used chloroform on Caylee.
Not sure what Cindy will be asked......
Does anyone know who the other witness might be?
No clue on the witnesses but I hope whoever it is has info that none of us have been privy to.  Mark Hawkins, the military guy from California, was his complete interview/depo ever released? IIRC he wore a wire at the family home or while talking to ICA....I'm praying for one last piece of truly incriminating evidence.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #585 on: June 13, 2011, 03:42:05 PM »

please forgive if this has already been posted.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/06/casey-anthony-dateline-nbc-turns-to-trial-on-friday.html

Casey Anthony: ‘Dateline NBC’ turns to trial on Friday
 posted by halboedeker on June, 13 2011 10:11 AM

Loca
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: June 13, 2011, 03:43:40 PM »

Just getting here, is court in recess for the rest of today and resumes tomorrow 1pm? If so, why?
Shell, the prosecution witness will be unable to make it until 1 pm tomorrow.. no other reason given..The judge said the state should finish thier case maybe by the end of this week, perhaps wrap the trial up by the end of next week

I have heard a little rumbling from .... well I don't know whether to call them Casey-supporters, or people who are just so into "innocent until proven" that they won't allow people to have their own opinions outside of court until the final judgement comes... yet, I digress.... we'll call them KC-ites.   The KC-ites seem to think " just WAIT til you hear the defense's witnesses and side... it'll be all over then".

My question, does anyone really seriously think that this trial can be flipped during the defense section of this?  Because really, I'm as nervous as a cat in a room full of elephants about the virdict.  Until the last judgement given, the last appeal denied, I won't be comfortable with the results.  So could she walk?

Where are you 'hearing' this??   to answer your question.....NO way will she walk. The defenses' case?  what case? They can put KC on the stand...who is gonna believe her? She already told the LE the 'honest truth" and that was Zenaida kidnapped her child.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: June 13, 2011, 03:43:49 PM »

Hello Monkeys  -- I'm quite disappointed too that the State is wrapping up its case.  I think there is a huge hole in it.  Although the State doesn't have to prove motive, many of us, including Shirley Pleasea and she should know, think the motive was to get even with Cindy for loving Caylee and sort of replacing Casey in her affections with that beautiful little girl.  George knew, Lee knew, apparently the entire neighborhood knew, Jessie knew, Amy knew, Tony knew, Ricardo knew,they all knew about  about the fights between Cindy and Casey.  The Jury doesn't know. What the jury got was a fairy tale of a  loving relationship between the two of them  and how they snuggled on the couch to watch a video of sweet Caylee at the nursing home, on the last day of her life, I might add.

A lot of people bought Cindy's act when she lied under oath, and not for the first time, either.  This time it was in court as a sworn witness.   I didn't buy it and I remember very clearly all of the Cindy's lies and actions and  some of those actions were illegal, IMO, and certainly lying to LE is illegal.  I believe the real Cindy was apparent in the Morgan depositions.  That's Cindy in all her glory, and that's Cindy's normal way of behaving, IMO.

so the jury will be left with the impression of a sweet, loving relationship between mother and daughter, and the defense will sacrifice George to get that murdering slut off.  That was the whole idea from the beginning, wasn't it?

Babybear

I believe that George may be the willing sacrificial lamb for the defence ... the willing sacrificial lamb who provides the reasonal doubt to save Casey from the death penalty/LWOP.

George will continue to deny the accusations of his lying daughter but ... the court of public opinion will give George the benefit of the doubt.  After all ... it has been revealed throughout the trial that every word that spews out of the mouth of Casey is a lie.

It is a win-win-win strategy that the defence is attempting.  IF the jury buys it ...

1.  Casey wins because she is not held fully accountable for the murder of the precious treasure that she was bless with.

2.  George and Cindy wins because that outcome of the trial was exactly what Caylee's grandparents were hoping for.

3.  Jose Baez and the Anthonys all win with a $2 Million dollar move deal with Lifetime.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #588 on: June 13, 2011, 03:44:57 PM »

Would someone please repost a link to Kronk's depo.

TIA
This is all I could find courtesy of Valhal
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/CMA/interviews/rkronk010609.pdf

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #589 on: June 13, 2011, 03:46:03 PM »

All it will take is for Farmville to vote "not guilty" and there is an acquittal.  One person only is required.  Guilty must be all 12 agreeing.  If they can't decide or any member just can't make up their mind, mistrial.

I guess I would over-try the case to try to make the point.  I just hope and pray the Prosecution knows how much info is just right amount.

BTW, FWIW, I guess I am not only anxious but sexist because I just don't think a bunch of single, college age guys are much of experts on good mothering.  The only female around the gang said she was concerned both about Caylee opening the door alone and also being on the balcony alone with just screen between her and falling.

Sure, some guys that young would have good judgment of parenting skills but that group doesn't appear to have much experience in parenting themselves.

JMO

Ok, I am thoroughly confused......one person voting not guilty and the rest voting guilty IMO is a hung jury, and acquittal is all jurors voting not guilty......am I missing something?

Acquittal
In criminal law, an acquittal is a verdict of not guilty, or some similar end of the proceeding that terminates it with prejudice without a verdict of guilty being entered against the accused.
The opposite result is a conviction.

In the common law tradition, an acquittal formally certifies the innocence of the accused, as far as the criminal law is concerned. This is so even where the prosecution is abandoned nolle prosequi. Under the rules of double jeopardy and autrefois acquit, an acquittal operates to bar the retrial of the accused for the same offense, even if new evidence surfaces that further implicates the accused. The effect of an acquittal on criminal proceedings is the same whether it results from a jury verdict, or whether it results from the operation of some other rule that discharges the accused.

http://www.uslaw.com/us_law_dictionary/a/Acquittal

I am trying to remember the first Phil Spector trial.....and what the moron jury foreman convinced one other woman, or maybe they didn't make a decision - I need to look back because my mind is all messed up from reading this.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #590 on: June 13, 2011, 03:47:31 PM »

Hello Monkeys  -- I'm quite disappointed too that the State is wrapping up its case.  I think there is a huge hole in it.  Although the State doesn't have to prove motive, many of us, including Shirley Pleasea and she should know, think the motive was to get even with Cindy for loving Caylee and sort of replacing Casey in her affections with that beautiful little girl.  George knew, Lee knew, apparently the entire neighborhood knew, Jessie knew, Amy knew, Tony knew, Ricardo knew,they all knew about  about the fights between Cindy and Casey.  The Jury doesn't know. What the jury got was a fairy tale of a  loving relationship between the two of them  and how they snuggled on the couch to watch a video of sweet Caylee at the nursing home, on the last day of her life, I might add.

A lot of people bought Cindy's act when she lied under oath, and not for the first time, either.  This time it was in court as a sworn witness.   I didn't buy it and I remember very clearly all of the Cindy's lies and actions and  some of those actions were illegal, IMO, and certainly lying to LE is illegal.  I believe the real Cindy was apparent in the Morgan depositions.  That's Cindy in all her glory, and that's Cindy's normal way of behaving, IMO.

so the jury will be left with the impression of a sweet, loving relationship between mother and daughter, and the defense will sacrifice George to get that murdering slut off.  That was the whole idea from the beginning, wasn't it?

Signed in to respond to your post Babybear. 
Is the big hole you see in pros. case motive, or are there other issues/holes that concern you?

I agree that the real Cindy is the one seen in Morgan's depositions. 
In her interviews with LE she did not seem cooperative but defensive.

In the video of Caylee's 2nd birthday I did see a softness in Cindy when she was holding Caylee and smiling.  Since I've seen so little of that side of Cindy, it surprised me.  Not that Caylee wouldn't tug at one's heartstrings, but rather it was a Cindy I had not seen before. 

I hope the jury is not left with the impression of a sweet, loving Mother daughter relationship.  It would leave them searching for a way to explain the unexplainable.  Particularly when Baaz gives them his twisted reasons for ICA'S behavior, ugly coping, etc.

Your last paragraph is frightening.  You have such a way with words and thank you for always calling it as you see it.

I sure wish the jury had Casey's stinky pants that Cindy washed.  I'm sure they would have tied ICA in perfectly with Caylee's decomposition.  A piece of extremely valuable evidence that got washed (probably over and over) down Cindy's drain. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: June 13, 2011, 03:48:57 PM »

All it will take is for Farmville to vote "not guilty" and there is an acquittal.  One person only is required.  Guilty must be all 12 agreeing.  If they can't decide or any member just can't make up their mind, mistrial.

I guess I would over-try the case to try to make the point.  I just hope and pray the Prosecution knows how much info is just right amount.

BTW, FWIW, I guess I am not only anxious but sexist because I just don't think a bunch of single, college age guys are much of experts on good mothering.  The only female around the gang said she was concerned both about Caylee opening the door alone and also being on the balcony alone with just screen between her and falling.

Sure, some guys that young would have good judgment of parenting skills but that group doesn't appear to have much experience in parenting themselves.

JMO

Ok, I am thoroughly confused......one person voting not guilty and the rest voting guilty IMO is a hung jury, and acquittal is all jurors voting not guilty......am I missing something?

Acquittal
In criminal law, an acquittal is a verdict of not guilty, or some similar end of the proceeding that terminates it with prejudice without a verdict of guilty being entered against the accused.
The opposite result is a conviction.

In the common law tradition, an acquittal formally certifies the innocence of the accused, as far as the criminal law is concerned. This is so even where the prosecution is abandoned nolle prosequi. Under the rules of double jeopardy and autrefois acquit, an acquittal operates to bar the retrial of the accused for the same offense, even if new evidence surfaces that further implicates the accused. The effect of an acquittal on criminal proceedings is the same whether it results from a jury verdict, or whether it results from the operation of some other rule that discharges the accused.

http://www.uslaw.com/us_law_dictionary/a/Acquittal

I am trying to remember the first Phil Spector trial.....and what the moron jury foreman convinced one other woman, or maybe they didn't make a decision - I need to look back because my mind is all messed up from reading this.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #592 on: June 13, 2011, 03:49:02 PM »

After all Baez's insane statements, the only thing that would be a bombshell for me would be the grandfather in the nursing home to be revealed as Caylee's father.

That, would freak me out. 

With all this speculation on Caylee's father, Caylee looked like Cindy- period.

Baez already accussed the George of sexually assaulting Casey, of being an accomplice in covering up Caylee's "accidental death", as someone else stated, what could top this?  The grandfather would top this.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #593 on: June 13, 2011, 03:51:06 PM »

I wish the state wasn't going to put Robyn Adams on the stand. I think the jury can find her not believable.
I would like to see the officer that was taking casey back to her cell when she stopped to watch when LP was looking in the pond at JBP and they told her to move on and she just shrugged her shoulder and moved on. Then the tape of her actions when she saw on TV that they found little Caylee.
Then LA about the choking on the 15th.

Monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
TexasBarMom
Scared Monkey

Me Oh My

« Reply #594 on: June 13, 2011, 03:52:07 PM »

After all Baez's insane statements, the only thing that would be a bombshell for me would be the grandfather in the nursing home to be revealed as Caylee's father.

Baez already accussed the George of sexually assaulting Casey, of being an accomplice in covering up Caylee's "accidental death", as someone else stated, what could top this?  The grandfather would top this.

ya that would be entertaining for sure, but no more believable than anything else he's said Smile

I agree that Caylee looked ALOT like Cindy, and not at all like Casey, and I think that REALLY pizzed Casey off. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: June 13, 2011, 03:59:05 PM »

BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Day 28 http://www.wftv.com/video/28222880/index.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: June 13, 2011, 04:00:22 PM »

Babybear

I believe that George may be the willing sacrificial lamb for the defence ... the willing sacrificial lamb who provides the reasonal doubt to save Casey from the death penalty/LWOP.

George will continue to deny the accusations of his lying daughter but ... the court of public opinion will give George the benefit of the doubt.  After all ... it has been revealed throughout the trial that every word that spews out of the mouth of Casey is a lie.

It is a win-win-win strategy that the defence is attempting.  IF the jury buys it ...

1.  Casey wins because she is not held fully accountable for the murder of the precious treasure that she was bless with.

2.  George and Cindy wins because that outcome of the trial was exactly what Caylee's grandparents were hoping for.

3.  Jose Baez and the Anthonys all win with a $2 Million dollar move deal with Lifetime.

Janet

Wouldn't that be sad? All together, the whole lot of them are the most greedy amoral people I've witnessed. It's one thing to blindly lie and aid a psycho killer that is a family member such as the Vandersloots, but to sell the humiliating story and piggyback on a murdered toddler for the rest of their lives is beyond disgusting. If that happens I guess they will all eventually pay for that betrayal either by fighting to the death among themselves or when they meet their maker.
VinceVixen
Scared Monkey

You're So Monkey And You Don't Even Know It

« Reply #597 on: June 13, 2011, 04:03:54 PM »

The heart stickers LE found in the A's home were not exactly the same as the one on the duct tape, correct?  The ones they found in the home looked like flat hearts to me.  I never did see puffy heart stickers they took from the home.  Am I wrong?

There were both IIRC. There is nothing in her testimony which indicates that was puffy.

InSessions said that picture of the puffy heart on the duct tape was super-imposed. There was no heart, just trying to show us what it would look like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Praying for Caylee....
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #598 on: June 13, 2011, 04:05:18 PM »

I thought revelaing who Caylee's father was could be a bombshell too.  But it never crossed my mind that it was Mr. Plesea. I can see the DT claiming KC doesn't know who Caylee's father was, because she was the result of a rape and therefore in KC's "lack of brain development" state she harbored a lot of resentment towards her own child....just guessing.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: June 13, 2011, 04:06:03 PM »

ya that would be entertaining for sure, but no more believable than anything else he's said Smile

I agree that Caylee looked ALOT like Cindy, and not at all like Casey, and I think that REALLY pizzed Casey off. 

Well I think it's all settled.....really......Cindy is Caylee's biodad!!!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.