April 27, 2024, 09:10:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 17- 6/13/2011  (Read 225952 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #440 on: June 13, 2011, 12:36:59 PM »

I missed ALL of this morning's testimony due to a hectic work day, but turned on the tv and heard the trial in in recess unitl 1 tomorrow??? Also that the State CIC may be over tomorrow.....I guess I am shocked since I thought they would call more witnesses, anyway did I hear that right?

TIA

IM

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: June 13, 2011, 12:38:11 PM »

Did I miss it? Did Jesse Grund ever testify?

Evidently they are not going to need him or it is his travel plans which they are waiting on. He lives in Ga. I had hoped Cindy's brother Rick would be called.
Yes, your right Rick would be a great witness...so many more people they could of called to testify....
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               wouldnt Rick and Jesse statements ...well most of their statements be hearsay? Someone may know more than me.....Capp any thoughts?   

A difference between direct knowledge or indirect inference told to them by another party.

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: June 13, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »

The Prosecution has left out a lot of evidence IMO.

I hope this will be enough!

What did they leave out?

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: June 13, 2011, 12:38:53 PM »

Wow cannot believe the state is wrapping up. I hope this is enough for the jury. I guess they really cannot tie Casey in anymore. My only hope is that they are thinking the defense will prove their case for them with their line of questioning. OMG what if ICA will be their first witness???
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #444 on: June 13, 2011, 12:38:57 PM »

11:15am Monday, June 13, 2011 Court is in session.

Next state witness is Elisabeth Fontaine, FBI

She is a forensic latent print examiner for the FBI. She has a masters degree in Forensic Science and a masters degree in chemistry and training at the FBI.  She completed an 18month training latent prints and other prints.  She has processed 75 thousand prints.  She successfully completed the FBI certification in fingerprinting.  She had a supervisor at first then worked on her own but still had her work looked over by someone else.  That is normal protocol.

She did work on the Caylee Marie Anthony.  It was on 3 piece of duct tape in the case.  He handed her a piece of evidence, she identified it as the bag that the duct tape was  in.  Did you separate the 3 pieces or were they already separated?  She is referring to her notes.  One item was separate, 2 were stacked or stuck together, she examined them stuck together and separated.  Q62, Q63 were approx. 6 inches in length.  The glue was almost gone and the duct tape was no longer sticky, it had migrated and formed a glob of fibers and glue.  She examined Q62 and Q63 for fingerprints, she was told that the duct tape was found on remains and in an area that could be flooded.  She had no expectations that there would be latent prints.  Because latent prints are very fragile and consist of oil, etc.  She still processed them the same for latent prints.  She found no latent fingerprints.  She did however find something she did see.  On Q63 she saw an outline of a heart shape that appeared on the edge of the duct tape.  She was using an alternate light source after super glue to analyze items.  That is used to raise otherwise invisible prints.  The outline was approx the size of the dime.  She compared it to the outline of a band-aid that you would wear for an extended period of time.  At the time, she didn't know that it would be important, she called over a supervisor to view it as well.  She came over and viewed it as well.  She did not photograph it because it was not her job, she notes it and continues on.  The FBI does not expect her to photograph the item, she went on to process it, she later tried to photograph it but it was gone.  She had already used solvents and performed other tests on the duct tape which removed the heart shaped residue.  She used a RAM dye stain.  She also used black powder and alternate black powder.  When she went back to take a photo of the heart shape residue, it was gone.  It was the size of a dime in the shape of a heart.  Jeff is done........

Baez is up..........

He is pleasing the court.  Who is the first person to get these items?  It went to evidence control then went to trace evidence, it is not detailed in her records.  She does not know the travel path of these 3 pieces of duct tape.  The FBI receives it and decides who is going to see it.  Evidence control got it and was sent to trace evidence and then to her.  Trace evidence contacted her to see if anything needed to be photographed, visible prints.  They were looking for hair, fibers?  Yes.  What is the first thing you did?  I don't remember what I did, I think I started with the one not stuck together.  When you got Q62 what is the first process you did. When I got the 3 pieces of duct tape, I looked at them to see if I could see any prints, it is the first step.  The second step is a laser to detect latent prints.  This allows you to see any items on the evidence?  Yes, we look at items with a laser for prints.  The 3rd step is ultra violet.  This helps you pick up fingerprints you could have missed? Yes.  What is step four? It goes to back to trace evidence for fibers, etc.  She then got the 3 pieces of duct tape they were now all separate.  Next step is super glue, all 3 pieces of duct tape were super glued to add moisture to the air, the air is attracted to the moisture and lets the super glue harden over the prints.  The next step is the Ruvis system.  It is an ultra violet light that is done through a camera, you look at not the object but at the monitor, it takes away any 3d effect on that item, debris...etc. The object is enlarged on the monitor.  The next step is the RAM dye stain that is used on super glue.  It gives the super glue a orange glow.  After the RAM, she uses alternate black powder.  The final step is the traditional black powder.  To test for oil left by latent prints.  Then you went on to Q63?  Yes.  When you saw this small item, it was something that you just visibly saw?  After processing the item it was no longer visible.  You saw this after you had gotten it back from the trace evidence twice?  Yes. After you received this you did a report and you said that they had no finger prints at all?  Yes.  You are aware that after you examine it, it goes on to another FBI examiner?  Yes.  And you are aware it was later contaminated?  Objection.......side bar.....side bar is over. 

9:00am Objection sustained.  Baez is still up.

You filled out a report?  Yes.  After doing a complete and total workup you were not able to find any fingerprints on any duct tape? No.  Baez is done.

Jeff is up..........

Was Q63 on top of Q64?  Yes.

Witness is excused.

Jeff Ashton says his next witness will not be here until tomorrow afternoon. 

Judge is talking to the jury.  He says the state will end their presentation Wed and the defense hopes to start then.  We are ahead of schedule.  We may probably be done by the end of next week with all of the evidence.  We may get you to deliberating the 25th or the 27th of June.  Side bar......Side bar is over. CJP is recessing till tomorrow afternoon at 1pm.  Court is adjourned for the day.

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #445 on: June 13, 2011, 12:39:33 PM »

This is one thing I wish they had presented as circumstantial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Anna on June 13, 2011, 12:27:18 AM
Let's not forget about this SM discovery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jyPyLnhudE&feature=related

I sure hope the Prosecution knows about this.

Thanks Anna - Yes I sure hope they looked into it!

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/01/10/could-zenaida-gonzalez-have-been-code-for-caylee-anthonys-location-and-not-just-a-nannys-name/

The tattoo artist, the neighbor about the fight, etc.  I guess I am just anxious.

The tatoo artist, as some  have said above, would testify to the tatoo he gave her, but also that she was a loving mother and had seen KC with Caylee many times.  So, I feel they left that out rather than giving Bozo a chance to have her lovingness brought up again.

The fight, they would have to bring up George and Lee and Cinday again, to discuss this fight, that would open up their testiomy as untruthful (different back then to now), and could give an opening to Bozo to get the sexual crap in. 

They made decisions, IMO, after looking at the whole picture. 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: June 13, 2011, 12:43:59 PM »

One thing I would like to see is the bottle of chloroform and what was in the needle, but maybe it was not clear enough to present. 

OriginalKat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #447 on: June 13, 2011, 12:44:24 PM »

I'm very concerned right now...anybody else?

I know the state has a lot more evidence they could present and many more witnesses they could call to testify...why aren't they? I'm not sure the state has presented enough evidence and testimony for the jury to render a "guilty" verdict at this point. I'm hoping the state will slam this all home in their closing statements, but I wish they would do more now to avoid a mistrial, an innocent verdict, or a retrial. I know Bozo is an idjit and I'm sure he will flub up during the defense phase of the trial, but jeesh, for the first time since Caylee was "officially" missing, I'm worried the BHW will walk! Anybody else feel the same way?

All the jury really is wanting by this point is to go home and be done I think. I believe the state has covered enough that the defense is really going to have to work hard and appear smarter than they have been to save her.  If the defense runs it longer than a week they will lose the jury in some ways.
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

« Reply #448 on: June 13, 2011, 12:44:56 PM »

The Prosecution has left out a lot of evidence IMO.

I hope this will be enough!

What did they leave out?

What about the tattoo guy?  His testimony would tell that she came there, got a tattoo, while Caylee was missing.  What about what Lee got immunity for, I haven't heard him testify to anything we didn't already know and they had to pull teeth, to get him to remember anything.  I am in shock right now, I know I will think of things later, that I think the state left out.  The talking heads on In Session are driving me crazy about reversible error by allowing the Caylee and Casey video to come in.  They say that it was bad that Casey was smiling while Caylee was turning into a skull with duct tape.  I don't know what to think.  I am one confused monkey. 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #449 on: June 13, 2011, 12:47:01 PM »

Am I right that for an acquittal to happen all 12 jurors have to agree, right?

There is zero chance that all 12 jurors will agree she is not guilty. 

So, IMO, the only outcomes possible are guilty, guilty of a lesser charge, or a hung jury.

Neither of those would give her a free walk, right?

Would the judge allow her out of prison if they get a hung jury and state decided to retry? 

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

« Reply #450 on: June 13, 2011, 12:51:49 PM »

No one is posting, are you all in shock too?  Please anyone, reassure me.  Caylee so deserves justice.

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

Hugs, Magic 

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #451 on: June 13, 2011, 12:52:33 PM »

What a letdown today was.. I guess I expected national enquirer type stuff. 
Time to go outside to the 95 degrees and finish my hurricane season preps.
See y'all later Monks!!  ::justice2NJ::

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: June 13, 2011, 12:54:57 PM »

It only takes one to say she is not guilty and she walks. I think the prosecution decides to try the case again after hearing how the jurors voted. So lets say 11 voted guilty one voted not guilty they would definitely retry it. But if it's split they may decide not to or may decide to go with a lesser charge. The judge could let her out on bail awaiting the decision of the state.. Man I hope that does not happen
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #453 on: June 13, 2011, 12:56:36 PM »

Did the state get in that she used to put heart stickers on her dead animals?
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #454 on: June 13, 2011, 12:57:17 PM »

Am I right that for an acquittal to happen all 12 jurors have to agree, right?

There is zero chance that all 12 jurors will agree she is not guilty. 

So, IMO, the only outcomes possible are guilty, guilty of a lesser charge, or a hung jury.

Neither of those would give her a free walk, right?

Would the judge allow her out of prison if they get a hung jury and state decided to retry? 

I think the only real problem would be one lone juror with no sense. I was on a jury many years ago where a man tied his girlfriend to a chair and beat & tortured her for hours before finally letting her go. It was a classic "open and shut" case where there was absolutely no doubt. But there was one lady on the jury who kept saying, "Well, I just think she must've done something to provoke him." Holy cow! We finally convinced her to just stick with the facts of the case, but it a long time for her to come around to a simple guilty verdict. Hope she's not on this jury! Wink

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
Airlinemonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #455 on: June 13, 2011, 12:57:48 PM »

What a letdown today was.. I guess I expected national enquirer type stuff. 
Time to go outside to the 95 degrees and finish my hurricane season preps.
See y'all later Monks!!  ::justice2NJ::
I hear ya! I guess there are a lot of legal rules in trial that we don't understand. I know when I was at my best friend's murder trial you wanted to scream in court to let the jury know all the things that were not allowed in trial. MOO but a lot of things that are not allowed in trial seem to protect the defense, and not the victim
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #456 on: June 13, 2011, 12:58:45 PM »

My concerns are the farmville lady and the teacher who said he will use this case to bring in front of his students.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #457 on: June 13, 2011, 12:59:39 PM »

It only takes one to say she is not guilty and she walks. I think the prosecution decides to try the case again after hearing how the jurors voted. So lets say 11 voted guilty one voted not guilty they would definitely retry it. But if it's split they may decide not to or may decide to go with a lesser charge. The judge could let her out on bail awaiting the decision of the state.. Man I hope that does not happen

That's my understanding as well........... I was just trying to find if that's termed "aquittal". I'm not sure why that wouldn't be a hung jury. I don't clearly understand the verbage, but I'm looking!!
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #458 on: June 13, 2011, 01:00:27 PM »

I'm very concerned right now...anybody else?

I know the state has a lot more evidence they could present and many more witnesses they could call to testify...why aren't they? I'm not sure the state has presented enough evidence and testimony for the jury to render a "guilty" verdict at this point. I'm hoping the state will slam this all home in their closing statements, but I wish they would do more now to avoid a mistrial, an innocent verdict, or a retrial. I know Bozo is an idjit and I'm sure he will flub up during the defense phase of the trial, but jeesh, for the first time since Caylee was "officially" missing, I'm worried the BHW will walk! Anybody else feel the same way?

I do not understand at all what is missing.  They have put in everything, that I remember, other than a few witnesses.  They had over 300 people on their witness list.  They cannot call them all.  They also have to think about what the Dumfense will do to these witnesses on cross, and make decisions about what is most important. 

They got the hair banding in.
They got the decomp in trunk in.
They got the air tests in.
They got the sticker in.
They got all those videos in jail in.
They got her shopping on video in.
They got the duct tape in.
They got a simulated video of Caylee decomposing in.
They got her not looking for her daughter and partying for 31 days.
They got her lies in.
They got the dog evidence in.
...And I am sure there are a trillion other things they successfully got in.

What are they missing?

What about the...

tattoo guy....

plant root evidence

gatorade bottle and syringe found at the remains scene.

video of Dominic Casey poking around on Suburban Dr. (that's huge IMO)

plastic garbage bags? Colored drawstrings aren't enough to claim they came from the same batch.

red gel heart sticker found at remains site.

receipts for purchases that were a big deal to LE...where are they? What was purchased that put up red flags with LE?

Way it stands right now, I just don't see KC getting the DP, or even LWOP. She may be convicted of a much lessor charge and only get a few years, or she could walk....
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #459 on: June 13, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »

This is one thing I wish they had presented as circumstantial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Anna on June 13, 2011, 12:27:18 AM
Let's not forget about this SM discovery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jyPyLnhudE&feature=related

I sure hope the Prosecution knows about this.

Thanks Anna - Yes I sure hope they looked into it!

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/01/10/could-zenaida-gonzalez-have-been-code-for-caylee-anthonys-location-and-not-just-a-nannys-name/

The tattoo artist, the neighbor about the fight, etc.  I guess I am just anxious.

Could the State be holding back some evidence to present in a rebuttal case?

Or....what kind of evidence does the State put on the stand for the "penalty phase"??

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.