April 20, 2024, 06:07:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 17- 6/13/2011  (Read 225794 times)
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #460 on: June 13, 2011, 01:02:17 PM »

I believe that State did a really great job.  However, I was hoping for a few undisclosed bombshells.    Now we can wait to be "amazed" and "understand everything" by our infamous Jose!       
cece5300
Scared Monkey

« Reply #461 on: June 13, 2011, 01:03:50 PM »

It only takes one to say she is not guilty and she walks. I think the prosecution decides to try the case again after hearing how the jurors voted. So lets say 11 voted guilty one voted not guilty they would definitely retry it. But if it's split they may decide not to or may decide to go with a lesser charge. The judge could let her out on bail awaiting the decision of the state.. Man I hope that does not happen

I don't think she'll "walk". I can see a lesser charge or something, but not walking.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #462 on: June 13, 2011, 01:04:03 PM »

It only takes one to say she is not guilty and she walks. I think the prosecution decides to try the case again after hearing how the jurors voted. So lets say 11 voted guilty one voted not guilty they would definitely retry it. But if it's split they may decide not to or may decide to go with a lesser charge. The judge could let her out on bail awaiting the decision of the state.. Man I hope that does not happen

How is it possible it takes all 12 to say she is guilty, but only 1 to say not guilty.  That makes no sense to me.  I believe 1 not guilty would be a hung jury, but not an acquittal and the state would retry it. 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: June 13, 2011, 01:04:14 PM »

For those that are wondering if enough was presented by the State & are concerned, FWIW wait until the State's rebuttal before worrying significantly.   I also anticipate that whatever the defense puts on the State is much more prepared to cross their witnesses effectively.

AGAIN, IMHO there Caylee will have justice  an angelic monkey

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #464 on: June 13, 2011, 01:04:20 PM »

I'm very concerned right now...anybody else?

I know the state has a lot more evidence they could present and many more witnesses they could call to testify...why aren't they? I'm not sure the state has presented enough evidence and testimony for the jury to render a "guilty" verdict at this point. I'm hoping the state will slam this all home in their closing statements, but I wish they would do more now to avoid a mistrial, an innocent verdict, or a retrial. I know Bozo is an idjit and I'm sure he will flub up during the defense phase of the trial, but jeesh, for the first time since Caylee was "officially" missing, I'm worried the BHW will walk! Anybody else feel the same way?

No way will she walk.

The State has put on a very detailed, very precise case that was laid out as a timeline and as to her character.

There has been most of the evidence presented, backed by the testimony of expert witnesses and their judgement of this evidence as to what they see, what they find, when they see these things occurring, and what that means in this case.

We have had family and friends denote what she was doing and what her demeanor was leading up to June 15th and then again during the 31 days.

We have had LE present how they came to be involved in this case, their interaction with the family and Casey, the lies they experienced, the outs they gave her for the accident theory while talking with her and the evidence they found that this was not simply a kidnapped child.

It is a clear synopsis of what has happened in the time leading to June 15-July 15th.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: June 13, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »

I believe that State did a really great job.  However, I was hoping for a few undisclosed bombshells.    Now we can wait to be "amazed" and "understand everything" by our infamous Jose!       

Undisclosed bombshells are not allowed and would be probably not allowed in by the judge.  But it works the other way too, the dumbfense cannot have any undisclosed bombshelles either. 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #466 on: June 13, 2011, 01:05:20 PM »

That's my understanding as well........... I was just trying to find if that's termed "aquittal". I'm not sure why that wouldn't be a hung jury. I don't clearly understand the verbage, but I'm looking!!

I agree with you CBB, one juror disagreeing causes a hung jury and I feel 110% certain they would re-try this case ASAP and she would stay in the pokey until the next trial, all jurors would have to believe she is not guilty for an aquittal.

OOPS, almost forgot if one juor votes for a lesser included and the rest vote for 1st degree murder does that also hang a jury?

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: June 13, 2011, 01:05:25 PM »

That's my understanding as well........... I was just trying to find if that's termed "aquittal". I'm not sure why that wouldn't be a hung jury. I don't clearly understand the verbage, but I'm looking!!

Oh wait your right so in order to be an acquittal or convicted everyone has to agree that she is guilty or not guilty. If one votes not guilty than it would be a mistrial and then can be retried if the state chooses to Right?  I do not think that all 12 could say not guilty I wouldn't think anyway
TexasMonkey
Scared Monkey

Wine for all the Great Monkeys!

« Reply #468 on: June 13, 2011, 01:06:12 PM »

I thought a guilty verdict did not have to be unanimous?  Does it? 

I think the State is very methodical in presenting thier case and only brought in what they could prove.  There's a lot of other stuff that could bog down the jury and give the defense room to provide doubt.  Once the defense brings in their witnesses, I'm sure the state will tear them apart and then it will end with the defense looking stupid (because stupid is as stupid does) and the state will win. 

Don't fret over what you cannot change.  Justice for Caylee is coming.
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #469 on: June 13, 2011, 01:07:34 PM »

For those that are wondering if enough was presented by the State & are concerned, FWIW wait until the State's rebuttal before worrying significantly.   I also anticipate that whatever the defense puts on the State is much more prepared to cross their witnesses effectively.

I'm with you Sista!

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #470 on: June 13, 2011, 01:07:40 PM »

How is it possible it takes all 12 to say she is guilty, but only 1 to say not guilty.  That makes no sense to me.  I believe 1 not guilty would be a hung jury, but not an acquittal and the state would retry it. 

I can not see even 1 person saying she is completely not guilty..remember there are lesser charges as well..but I do think she is going to get full guilty verdict and sentenced to LWOP.

Airlinemonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #471 on: June 13, 2011, 01:08:08 PM »

I'm very concerned right now...anybody else?

I know the state has a lot more evidence they could present and many more witnesses they could call to testify...why aren't they? I'm not sure the state has presented enough evidence and testimony for the jury to render a "guilty" verdict at this point. I'm hoping the state will slam this all home in their closing statements, but I wish they would do more now to avoid a mistrial, an innocent verdict, or a retrial. I know Bozo is an idjit and I'm sure he will flub up during the defense phase of the trial, but jeesh, for the first time since Caylee was "officially" missing, I'm worried the BHW will walk! Anybody else feel the same way?

I do not understand at all what is missing.  They have put in everything, that I remember, other than a few witnesses.  They had over 300 people on their witness list.  They cannot call them all.  They also have to think about what the Dumfense will do to these witnesses on cross, and make decisions about what is most important. 

They got the hair banding in.
They got the decomp in trunk in.
They got the air tests in.
They got the sticker in.
They got all those videos in jail in.
They got her shopping on video in.
They got the duct tape in.
They got a simulated video of Caylee decomposing in.
They got her not looking for her daughter and partying for 31 days.
They got her lies in.
They got the dog evidence in.
...And I am sure there are a trillion other things they successfully got in.

What are they missing?

What about the...

tattoo guy....

plant root evidence

gatorade bottle and syringe found at the remains scene.

video of Dominic Casey poking around on Suburban Dr. (that's huge IMO)

plastic garbage bags? Colored drawstrings aren't enough to claim they came from the same batch.

red gel heart sticker found at remains site.

receipts for purchases that were a big deal to LE...where are they? What was purchased that put up red flags with LE?

Way it stands right now, I just don't see KC getting the DP, or even LWOP. She may be convicted of a much lessor charge and only get a few years, or she could walk....
Samarie, my boyfriend works for the Sheriff's dept here in FL..and he said the same thing. He said they did not present enough evidence to point to KC, he agreed common sense would say guilty, but legally he can not see her getting the DP...
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #472 on: June 13, 2011, 01:08:22 PM »

I think the State is very methodical in presenting thier case and only brought in what they could prove.  There's a lot of other stuff that could bog down the jury and give the defense room to provide doubt.  Once the defense brings in their witnesses, I'm sure the state will tear them apart and then it will end with the defense looking stupid (because stupid is as stupid does) and the state will win. 

I hope so. We all know she is guilty but the law is so precise and they have to meet certain burdens. I just hope it falls under the law.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: June 13, 2011, 01:08:40 PM »

It is a hung jury, an acquittal is a not guilty verdict which in this case would have to be all 12.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #474 on: June 13, 2011, 01:09:24 PM »

This is stupid, but in Florida, it has to be a unanimous 12 juror vote for either guilty or not guilty in the guilt phase, but in the penalty phase, the majority rules, and if a tie, the judge can break the tie. 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #475 on: June 13, 2011, 01:09:30 PM »

::snipping2::
While less-than-unanimous verdicts are common in U.S. civil trials, most states require juror unanimity in criminal cases (except for Oregon and Louisiana), and all states require unanimity in the guilt phase of capital trials. Yet Florida is unique in that it lets a majority of the jury panel recommend the death penalty during the penalty phase of capital cases, rather than requiring that the panel reach a unanimous decision. The uniqueness of Florida's non-unanimity law may not last, however, as other states (most notably Georgia) have attempted to introduce legislation that permits similar non-unanimous death penalty verdicts.
 ::snipping2::

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2009/03/jn.aspx

Does this help? Maybe not......... it's more about penalty phase. I'll keep looking.......
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #476 on: June 13, 2011, 01:09:44 PM »

What about the diary page?  It's not in.

Almost sounds like the State is saving the diary, the tattoo, etc. for later in the trial.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: June 13, 2011, 01:09:52 PM »

I hope so. We all know she is guilty but the law is so precise and they have to meet certain burdens. I just hope it falls under the law.

Guilty verdict must be unanimous.   DP is majority

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #478 on: June 13, 2011, 01:11:32 PM »

Oh wait your right so in order to be an acquittal or convicted everyone has to agree that she is guilty or not guilty. If one votes not guilty than it would be a mistrial and then can be retried if the state chooses to Right?  I do not think that all 12 could say not guilty I wouldn't think anyway

No there are lesser charges..2nd degree manslaughter is one thing the judge mentioned at the beginning when he was giving the laundry list of her charges.

There is no way someone is going to sit through this and say she was a great mother and did not cause any harm or allow any harm to come to her daughter and some other dude did it.

Remember even the charges of child neglect for a child of tender years are on there 2x.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #479 on: June 13, 2011, 01:11:33 PM »

I'm with you Sista!

pb

The rebuttal will be awesome, of that I am confident!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.