April 18, 2024, 12:06:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 17- 6/13/2011  (Read 225652 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #560 on: June 13, 2011, 02:55:57 PM »

Is there something I am not getting?  Story of my life.

Does the following Desktop activity timeline imply that George was not being truthful regarding when he claimed that Casey and Caylee left the home on June 16, 2008. George claimed.

Janet

+++

Exclusive: Grandparents of Missing Toddler 'On the Record'
Wednesday, August 06, 2008

<snipped>

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. So the 15th is Sunday, Father's Day. Everything's normal, everything's fine. The next morning is the last day that either you or George saw her. Do you remember about what time of day it was?

GEORGE ANTHONY: Oh, specifically. I remember it was 10 minutes to 1:00 on Monday the 16th.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398490,00.html

DESKTOP ACTIVITY

The Murder trial of Casey Anthony: Timeline and Evidence
Updated 10/19/09

Timeline for June 16 to June 20 2008

<snipped>

7:00-9:00 am high user activity on desktop

9:00-10:00 am no activity on HP desktop

10:00-noon high user activity on desktop

12:00 noon-1:00 pm no activity on HP desktop.  No activity on laptop.

1:00-3:00 pm high user activity on desktop.

3:00-4:00 pm no activity on laptop.

3:00-11:00 pm no activity on HP desktop.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread431159/pg1

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #561 on: June 13, 2011, 02:56:18 PM »

I don't know much about Robyn Adams, but she is what is referred to as a jail jouse snitch up here and anything she says is suspect. I know she had some letters Casey wrote to her
and what Casey herself wrote mght carry some weight but anything she says the other one told her, pffft
It's not as if Adams is a fine upstanding citizen.
If I am not mistaken, Baez had to give the jury SOMETHING to back up what he said in his opening statements and I don't see how that is possible.
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #562 on: June 13, 2011, 02:56:48 PM »

Just getting here, is court in recess for the rest of today and resumes tomorrow 1pm? If so, why?
Shell, the prosecution witness will be unable to make it until 1 pm tomorrow.. no other reason given..The judge said the state should finish thier case maybe by the end of this week, perhaps wrap the trial up by the end of next week

I have heard a little rumbling from .... well I don't know whether to call them Casey-supporters, or people who are just so into "innocent until proven" that they won't allow people to have their own opinions outside of court until the final judgement comes... yet, I digress.... we'll call them KC-ites.   The KC-ites seem to think " just WAIT til you hear the defense's witnesses and side... it'll be all over then".

My question, does anyone really seriously think that this trial can be flipped during the defense section of this?  Because really, I'm as nervous as a cat in a room full of elephants about the virdict.  Until the last judgement given, the last appeal denied, I won't be comfortable with the results.  So could she walk?
NOPE
I Agree TexasMom
No wayyy Jose!!! Hahaa
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #563 on: June 13, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »

Just getting here, is court in recess for the rest of today and resumes tomorrow 1pm? If so, why?
Shell, the prosecution witness will be unable to make it until 1 pm tomorrow.. no other reason given..The judge said the state should finish thier case maybe by the end of this week, perhaps wrap the trial up by the end of next week

I have heard a little rumbling from .... well I don't know whether to call them Casey-supporters, or people who are just so into "innocent until proven" that they won't allow people to have their own opinions outside of court until the final judgement comes... yet, I digress.... we'll call them KC-ites.   The KC-ites seem to think " just WAIT til you hear the defense's witnesses and side... it'll be all over then".

My question, does anyone really seriously think that this trial can be flipped during the defense section of this?  Because really, I'm as nervous as a cat in a room full of elephants about the virdict.  Until the last judgement given, the last appeal denied, I won't be comfortable with the results.  So could she walk?
We have watched Bobo for 3 yrs and know this case better than anyone....

Whatever he brings in will be either juvenile, off topic or a door opener for the state. .
The state did the right thing by weeding out all the evidence in order of the greatest importance.. Bobo will offer up stupidity

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
TexasBarMom
Scared Monkey

Me Oh My

« Reply #564 on: June 13, 2011, 03:04:53 PM »

I don't know much about Robyn Adams, but she is what is referred to as a jail jouse snitch up here and anything she says is suspect. I know she had some letters Casey wrote to her
and what Casey herself wrote mght carry some weight but anything she says the other one told her, pffft
If I am not mistaken, Baez had to give the jury SOMETHING to back up what he said in his opening statements and I don't see how that is possible.

I hear ya Kat but according to this - http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/06/13/casey-anthonys-former-cellmate-set-to-testify-for-prosecution/  she will testify for the prosecution.   I think the prosecution team has shown themselves pretty sharp so far, so whatever this girl is going to say must be good.   
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #565 on: June 13, 2011, 03:06:14 PM »

It only takes one to say she is not guilty and she walks. I think the prosecution decides to try the case again after hearing how the jurors voted. So lets say 11 voted guilty one voted not guilty they would definitely retry it. But if it's split they may decide not to or may decide to go with a lesser charge. The judge could let her out on bail awaiting the decision of the state.. Man I hope that does not happen

How is it possible it takes all 12 to say she is guilty, but only 1 to say not guilty.  That makes no sense to me.  I believe 1 not guilty would be a hung jury, but not an acquittal and the state would retry it. 

No, only one is required for an acquittal.
Am I drunk, I thought it took one for a hung jury but unanimous for a aquittal

ac·quit·tal (-kwtl)
n.
1. Judgment, as by a jury or judge, that a defendant is not guilty of a crime as charged.
2. The state of being found or proved not guilty.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/acquittal

hung juryn.
A jury that is unable to agree on a verdict.

Noun 1. hung jury - a jury that is unable to agree on a verdict (the result is a mistrial)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hung+jury

No I cleared it up I was saying walks as in not convicted then the state will decide what to do.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #566 on: June 13, 2011, 03:09:34 PM »

Interesting read
http://blog.bennettandbennett.com/2011/06/a-lesson-from-the-casey-anthony-trial.html
 ::snipping2::
This is much more worrisome:

He appeared with Casey Anthony at a press conference in October 2008 when a grand jury was considering murder charges against her. Both she and Baez continued to claim that Caylee was missing and Casey Anthony wore a “Help Find Caylee” button.

Baez’s theory at trial is that Caylee had died accidentally four months before the press conference, and had covered up the death as (according to the ABC News story) “part of a bizarre coping mechanism she developed from years of alleged sexual abuse at the hands of her father.”

In preparation for the press conference, Anthony either lied to her lawyer or told him the truth. If she lied to him, that strengthens the case against her by making her more of a liar, lying not only to the media and the police but also to the guy whose job it was to defend her (if she lied so persuasively that even he was convinced, the jury might ask itself, why should we believe her now?). If she told him the truth before October 2008, that strengthens the case against her, as a practical matter, by making him a liar (if he was lying then, the jury might ask itself, why should we believe him now?).

I think it’d be better for Anthony had she lied to Baez (it fits into the “bizarre coping mechanism” theory), but I could be wrong. In any case, one of those scenarios is better than the other, and Baez is a potential witness to which it was.

I have not held a press conference. I’ve represented plenty of folks with pressworthy cases, but I’ve never felt the urge to parade them in front of the cameras to tell any sort of story. I have seen lawyers I know do it, and it has appeared to me to be for the benefit more of the lawyers than of their clients.

::snipping2::

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #567 on: June 13, 2011, 03:11:13 PM »

Hello Monkeys  -- I'm quite disappointed too that the State is wrapping up its case.  I think there is a huge hole in it.  Although the State doesn't have to prove motive, many of us, including Shirley Pleasea and she should know, think the motive was to get even with Cindy for loving Caylee and sort of replacing Casey in her affections with that beautiful little girl.  George knew, Lee knew, apparently the entire neighborhood knew, Jessie knew, Amy knew, Tony knew, Ricardo knew,they all knew about  about the fights between Cindy and Casey.  The Jury doesn't know. What the jury got was a fairy tale of a  loving relationship between the two of them  and how they snuggled on the couch to watch a video of sweet Caylee at the nursing home, on the last day of her life, I might add.

A lot of people bought Cindy's act when she lied under oath, and not for the first time, either.  This time it was in court as a sworn witness.   I didn't buy it and I remember very clearly all of the Cindy's lies and actions and  some of those actions were illegal, IMO, and certainly lying to LE is illegal.  I believe the real Cindy was apparent in the Morgan depositions.  That's Cindy in all her glory, and that's Cindy's normal way of behaving, IMO.

so the jury will be left with the impression of a sweet, loving relationship between mother and daughter, and the defense will sacrifice George to get that murdering slut off.  That was the whole idea from the beginning, wasn't it?

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #568 on: June 13, 2011, 03:11:44 PM »

I hear ya Kat but according to this - http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/06/13/casey-anthonys-former-cellmate-set-to-testify-for-prosecution/  she will testify for the prosecution.   I think the prosecution team has shown themselves pretty sharp so far, so whatever this girl is going to say must be good.   
I would like to see the state close with a memorable BANG!

StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #569 on: June 13, 2011, 03:12:15 PM »

Cindy called Police July 15th
Anyone know why she posted on her myspace caylee was missing on July 3rd? how did she know she was Missing? why not call then?
I got this from this site, it is all over the net..Im sure its been posted here too before.
http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?p=497455

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #570 on: June 13, 2011, 03:13:16 PM »

It only takes one to say she is not guilty and she walks. I think the prosecution decides to try the case again after hearing how the jurors voted. So lets say 11 voted guilty one voted not guilty they would definitely retry it. But if it's split they may decide not to or may decide to go with a lesser charge. The judge could let her out on bail awaiting the decision of the state.. Man I hope that does not happen

How is it possible it takes all 12 to say she is guilty, but only 1 to say not guilty.  That makes no sense to me.  I believe 1 not guilty would be a hung jury, but not an acquittal and the state would retry it. 

ac·quit·tal (-kwtl)
n.
1. Judgment, as by a jury or judge, that a defendant is not guilty of a crime as charged.

hung juryn.

Noun 1. hung jury - a jury that is unable to agree on a verdict (the result is a mistrial)

No I cleared it up I was saying walks as in not convicted then the state will decide what to do.

Oh, I didn't mean you West - I was curious about Anna's take on acquittals....I knew what you were getting to wrt the state and the decision an angelic monkey

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
TexasBarMom
Scared Monkey

Me Oh My

« Reply #571 on: June 13, 2011, 03:14:58 PM »

So based on everything I am reading, the state will call (at least) 3 more witnesses - Robyn Adams, Cindy Anthony, and someone who can't make it till tomorrow at 1pm. 
Pretty sure that Robyn will testify that Casey told her personally that she had used chloroform on Caylee.
Not sure what Cindy will be asked......
Does anyone know who the other witness might be?
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #572 on: June 13, 2011, 03:17:48 PM »

ac·quit·tal (-kwtl)
n.

hung juryn.

Oh, I didn't mean you West - I was curious about Anna's take on acquittals....I knew what you were getting to wrt the state and the decision an angelic monkey

Oh it still sounded that was what i was saying. I know what I am trying to say but what i am thinking and typing comes out different
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #573 on: June 13, 2011, 03:18:26 PM »

Would someone please repost a link to Kronk's depo.

TIA

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: June 13, 2011, 03:20:55 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/judge-perry-estimate-0613.flv
Casey Anthony trial almost over?

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #575 on: June 13, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »

Why was court dismissed until 1pm tomorrow?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #576 on: June 13, 2011, 03:22:48 PM »

Why was court dismissed until 1pm tomorrow?

State is waiting for it's next witness
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: June 13, 2011, 03:23:52 PM »

I believe that Baez will attempt a "Johnny Cochran moment" to support his opening statement claim of sexual abuse against Casey to justify his client's abnormal behaviour in the 31 days following Casey's demise .. abnormal behaviour that expressed no greiving ... no remorse and ... no conscience.

Could it be that Casey will be called to the stand by Baez to testify that she experienced the ultimate betrayal by her father beginning at the age of eight years old?  Could it that those hospital records will be submitted into evidence ... hospital records that will reveal the "suicide" letter from George?  Could it be that that the remorseful words within that "suicide" letter could uphold to some degree the possibility that sexual abuse did occur?

In other words ... no concrete proof but ... a foundation of reasonable doubt in jury deliberations could be established to whether Casey's actions warrants a death penalty/LWOP sentence.

IMO

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #578 on: June 13, 2011, 03:24:57 PM »

Hello Monkeys  -- I'm quite disappointed too that the State is wrapping up its case.  I think there is a huge hole in it.  Although the State doesn't have to prove motive, many of us, including Shirley Pleasea and she should know, think the motive was to get even with Cindy for loving Caylee and sort of replacing Casey in her affections with that beautiful little girl.  George knew, Lee knew, apparently the entire neighborhood knew, Jessie knew, Amy knew, Tony knew, Ricardo knew,they all knew about  about the fights between Cindy and Casey.  The Jury doesn't know. What the jury got was a fairy tale of a  loving relationship between the two of them  and how they snuggled on the couch to watch a video of sweet Caylee at the nursing home, on the last day of her life, I might add.

A lot of people bought Cindy's act when she lied under oath, and not for the first time, either.  This time it was in court as a sworn witness.   I didn't buy it and I remember very clearly all of the Cindy's lies and actions and  some of those actions were illegal, IMO, and certainly lying to LE is illegal.  I believe the real Cindy was apparent in the Morgan depositions.  That's Cindy in all her glory, and that's Cindy's normal way of behaving, IMO.

so the jury will be left with the impression of a sweet, loving relationship between mother and daughter, and the defense will sacrifice George to get that murdering slut off.  That was the whole idea from the beginning, wasn't it?

We think alike sister.  You are spot on on your observations concerning Cindy.  She lied, she needs to be made to tell the truth for once.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: June 13, 2011, 03:32:29 PM »

All it will take is for Farmville to vote "not guilty" and there is an acquittal.  One person only is required.  Guilty must be all 12 agreeing.  If they can't decide or any member just can't make up their mind, mistrial.

I guess I would over-try the case to try to make the point.  I just hope and pray the Prosecution knows how much info is just right amount.

BTW, FWIW, I guess I am not only anxious but sexist because I just don't think a bunch of single, college age guys are much of experts on good mothering.  The only female around the gang said she was concerned both about Caylee opening the door alone and also being on the balcony alone with just screen between her and falling.

Sure, some guys that young would have good judgment of parenting skills but that group doesn't appear to have much experience in parenting themselves.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.