April 18, 2024, 09:25:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time For Imus To Go!  (Read 12738 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2007, 04:04:25 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "Bobo2"

I did read that rap sales are way down... maybe parents are finallly getting a clue as to what their kids listen to?

Kids, some of them, are also getting a clue.  My teenager and his friends refer ro rap as Rejects Attempting Poetry.

it's why Country Music is beginning to outsell every other genre... which I would have never believed before and now I listen to it myself... the lyrics are more what most people can relate to....

Yeah, and I like both kinds, Country and Western.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2007, 09:09:39 PM »

Imus,I will not miss you
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2007, 09:15:20 PM »

Justin's mama,WELL SAID.MRS RED,WELL SAID>GREAT OWL,Well  said
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2007, 03:42:06 PM »

One last thought... has anyone else noticed the "dis women" mentality in rap that prevades everything it touches?

Look at the Chevy commerical that starts with Mary J. Bilge and ends with Randy Travis...

in the middle the rapper has two women in bathing suits washing his car... while NO ONE else has anything like that.... so I for one would really like this dialouge to begin..but I don't think it will change anything....we have basically invited the vampire in so to speak...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2007, 11:02:49 PM »

I have my theory that it was in August 1965 that things got out of hand in Los Angeles after the Watts Riots took place. Watts Riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was 21, pregnant with Kristi and worked downtown in a bank. Upon hearing about the riots, women were alarmed and left work to go get their children and make sure they were safe. Eventually, the situation calmed down but the court case is ongoing.

Somewhere between the riots and the rise of the gangsters, I realized the government (state and federal) had lost control, as well as being out of touch with the populace. It was a fertile ground for anarchy. And the gang bangers took over. By the time the LAPD decided to deal with gang bangers after 1965, it was too late.

I said to myself, anarchy has taken over. Where, when, how, why ... I cannot answer. The government did not have the resources to combat the anarchy of the gang bangers. Now it's a jungle here.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2007, 08:16:13 AM »

What Imus did was wrong!

IMHO Imus and everyone in the country who watched the Rutgers and Tennesse game saw an image that Vivian Stinger and the Rutgers team wanted to portray! They wanted to have the LOOK of a  INTIMIDATING PHYSICAL TEAM!!! Surprised  Surprised  Surprised

WHY! They used this same mentality a day before against what I thought was a better LSU team. They used a real physical defense on Sylvia Fowels LSU's All American inside player and shut her down with real rough and fouling play! It worked they BEAT a better team and moved on to the championship game!

Why not use the same logic against Tennessee's  All American Candice Parker! The Intimidating Rough look worked aginst LSU! Confused  Confused  It did not work on Tennesse because they already had two of those Rough play style girls from NY on their team!

The image the Rutgers portrayed was a rough physical  image ON PURPOSE!!! They were trying to intimidate Tennessee NOT the whole viewing audience! Wink  Wink

The pictures of them in the press conference is nothing like what they looked like in the game!

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2007, 11:13:14 AM »

Quote from: "BIGORANGECRUSH"
What Imus did was wrong!

IMHO Imus and everyone in the country who watched the Rutgers and Tennesse game saw an image that Vivian Stinger and the Rutgers team wanted to portray! They wanted to have the LOOK of a  INTIMIDATING PHYSICAL TEAM!!! Surprised  Surprised  Surprised

WHY! They used this same mentality a day before against what I thought was a better LSU team. They used a real physical defense on Sylvia Fowels LSU's All American inside player and shut her down with real rough and fouling play! It worked they BEAT a better team and moved on to the championship game!

Why not use the same logic against Tennessee's  All American Candice Parker! The Intimidating Rough look worked aginst LSU! Confused  Confused  It did not work on Tennesse because they already had two of those Rough play style girls from NY on their team!

The image the Rutgers portrayed was a rough physical  image ON PURPOSE!!! They were trying to intimidate Tennessee NOT the whole viewing audience! Wink  Wink

The pictures of them in the press conference is nothing like what they looked like in the game!

Great analysis Coach!!!!!   Laughing

I coached athletes of all ages for a combined total of 50 years.  A good coach knows the opponent and what might give a team a possible edge.  It is why we play the game.  If a coach can not impact the game why have one.  When there are games such as these which are often decided by a point or two, or if the other team indeed does have superior personnel, then something needs to be changed up.  Otherwise, let's just play the game out on paper and forget the contest.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2007, 12:59:05 PM »

Quote from: "BIGORANGECRUSH"
What Imus did was wrong!

Again, this just highlights the sexist nature of Imus' comments.  Are female athlese supposed to be "lady;ike" on the field or court?  You will never see such discussion of male athletes!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2007, 02:56:28 PM »

Quote from: "Bobo2"

I did read that rap sales are way down... maybe parents are finallly getting a clue as to what their kids listen to?

Kids, some of them, are also getting a clue.  My teenager and his friends refer ro rap as Rejects Attempting Poetry.

it's why Country Music is beginning to outsell every other genre... which I would have never believed before and now I listen to it myself... the lyrics are more what most people can relate to....

Country music has it's problems too. Take a look at some of the videos on GAC or CMT or VH1 Country. Sexism is alive and well in some of those lyrics as well.....like Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk. It's very offensive.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2007, 08:32:30 PM »

So since we can't blame Imus solely for this problem,  why do I not feel right in seeing him get fired for doing something that has been done by others for so long?  It is hard and not really fair that we use one person to set an example for others Evil or Very Mad

Maine, born and raised!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2007, 10:00:13 PM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
So since we can't blame Imus solely for this problem,  why do I not feel right in seeing him get fired for doing something that has been done by others for so long?  It is hard and not really fair that we use one person to set an example for others Evil or Very Mad

that was my point about well... let's get rid of rap, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson... all that make racism a cottage industry, and clean up our acts...

I am not a prude but I am really starting to see where what we say matters.... look at how kids are seeing themselves today... Paris Hilton as a role model?  they call each other bitches and hos like it's nothing....

too many people fought too long and hard, real battles that mattered for it to all be put to shame this way.....

I for one would LOVE to see this be the inpetus (sp) to clean up our acts!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2007, 02:53:47 PM »

I find Rosie on national TV every blessed day claiming The President knocked down the World Trade Center equally offensive.  If one should go, the other should as well.  

After Imus was fired, Rosie oddly made the statement she is not going to say that any more.  Not because she is telling bald-faced lies but because she is just so weary of trying to tell people what really happened.

One is free speech and the other a sexist attack?  Nope, not buying that.  They are both wrong and contribute to the lack of civility in this country and they, and any others putting forth these kinds of malicious statements, should be censored and prevented from doing so.  I am all for freedom of speech and freedom of the press but they are just putting forth a form of hate speech.

And as for Imus, I think BOC made excellent points.  If that was the thought Imus was trying to convey he failed miserably.  If he had something to say about their playing, it did not give him the right to attack their ethnicity and gender.

Women's rights are sadly declining in this country as well as globally.  Who'd have thought to see this revolting development!  We still don't have parity of income as well as freedom from discrimination in the job place.  Last thing we need is all this obscene name calling.

Maybe it's a throw back to cave men!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.