March 29, 2024, 03:01:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 18 - 6/14/11  (Read 380973 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1440 on: June 15, 2011, 12:28:19 AM »

For those worrying about the Prosecution's case, I would like to share my own experience of being on the jury of a felony "aggravated assault" case. I want to preface this by saying that I am as about as far to the "Right" as "Attila The Hun"!  Monkey Devil!

The defendant in the case was accused of slamming his girlfriend's head repeatedly on a coffee table. As the trial proceeded, it was shown that the "girlfriend" was a hooker. I will say this honestly -- I gave the defendant MORE than reasonable doubt through out the trial. The Defense attorney raised a reasonable doubt about gang/drug activity in the apartment complex and hinted that there was possibly much more to story than was being told. I really listened hard and WANTED the defense to give me SOME reasonable doubt. I really think that I was the biggest hold out wanting to deliberate over the case more than the other jurors. I was SEVERELY disappointed that the defendant never took the stand to give ANY rebuttal to the Prosecution's case.

That being said, we found the defendant guilty and I felt totally confident in our verdict. The Defense attorney in this case was the polar opposite of Baez. He put on a credible defense of his client, yet was so respectful of the witnesses. That went a looong way with me of giving the defendant every possible benefit of the doubt.

I don't see that here. Baez has given the jury absolutely NO reason to listen to his case. He has NO respect of experts or witnesses -- and that installs NO confidence in the juries mind of liking him or his client. A terrible disservice in my opinion.[/]
So -- I'm convinced this guy should get about 5 years in the Pen. Now comes the punishment phase. It seems this guy has just got out of the Pen (for 2 years) for beating up another girl! (We did not know this during the trial --they could not let this in).

All I'm saying is: give juries credit! They get it right about 99.9% of the time. They don't need to know the "character issues" until the punishment phase. I trust this jury to do the right thing and I think the Prosecution absolutely knows what they are doing. casey WILL be convicted -- the question will be LWOP or the needle. My own opinion -- the Defense needs to change their strategy from aggression to garnering sympathy for their client.

ITA...IMO he insults their intelligence and is such an arrogant little runt, and the way he has shown virtually no respect for anyone, like everyone plotted from the get go to frame slore would certainly color my opinion of him and the case (I know it shouldn't but I am being completely honest)..... when the DT has zero credibility it does install no confidence and I think she indeed will be convicted of 1st degree murder with aggravating circumstances but also think the jury will spare her life to in order to not inflict any further pain on the family....JMO

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1441 on: June 15, 2011, 12:29:09 AM »

For those worrying about the Prosecution's case, I would like to share my own experience of being on the jury of a felony "aggravated assault" case. I want to preface this by saying that I am as about as far to the "Right" as "Attila The Hun"!  Monkey Devil!

The defendant in the case was accused of slamming his girlfriend's head repeatedly on a coffee table. As the trial proceeded, it was shown that the "girlfriend" was a hooker. I will say this honestly -- I gave the defendant MORE than reasonable doubt through out the trial. The Defense attorney raised a reasonable doubt about gang/drug activity in the apartment complex and hinted that there was possibly much more to story than was being told. I really listened hard and WANTED the defense to give me SOME reasonable doubt. I really think that I was the biggest hold out wanting to deliberate over the case more than the other jurors. I was SEVERELY disappointed that the defendant never took the stand to give ANY rebuttal to the Prosecution's case.

That being said, we found the defendant guilty and I felt totally confident in our verdict. The Defense attorney in this case was the polar opposite of Baez. He put on a credible defense of his client, yet was so respectful of the witnesses. That went a looong way with me of giving the defendant every possible benefit of the doubt.

I don't see that here. Baez has given the jury absolutely NO reason to listen to his case. He has NO respect of experts or witnesses -- and that installs NO confidence in the juries mind of liking him or his client. A terrible disservice in my opinion.

So -- I'm convinced this guy should get about 5 years in the Pen. Now comes the punishment phase. It seems this guy has just got out of the Pen (for 2 years) for beating up another girl! (We did not know this during the trial --they could not let this in).

All I'm saying is: give juries credit! They get it right about 99.9% of the time. They don't need to know the "character issues" until the punishment phase. I trust this jury to do the right thing and I think the Prosecution absolutely knows what they are doing. casey WILL be convicted -- the question will be LWOP or the needle. My own opinion -- the Defense needs to change their strategy from aggression to garnering sympathy for their client.
I neglected to say that we gave him 20 years! That was due to the fact he was already convicted before of similar charges. We convicted him on THAT case alone, but gave him more years in the punishment phase. (That is why the Prosecution cannot talk about casey's prior convictions for fraud, etc -- it will come out later)

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1442 on: June 15, 2011, 12:35:23 AM »

Well, time to run.  Good reading you all and thanks for the updates/pics/links!  Another day closer to Justice For Caylee!

BTW, note to Cheney Mason:  Unlike the defense, the prosecution nevers rests until their case is completely over. You'd be wise to do the same.

One more thing, my spouse shared with me a list of Bible study verses yesterday morning. I was stunned to see both of these coming to pass in court:
  • Proverbs 26:28 "A lying tongue hates those who are crushed by it,
                              And a flattering mouth works ruin."   =Casey, Cindy and George are crushed
  • Proverbs:  21:6 "Getting treasures by a lying tongue
                              Is the fleeting fantasy of whose who seek death." =Casey

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1443 on: June 15, 2011, 12:43:47 AM »

I was gone most of today.  No court until Thursday?
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1444 on: June 15, 2011, 12:58:59 AM »

Klaas, there are a few little things starting at 9:00AM. 
Then the Defense will start their case on Thursday.  Mason won't start until
the State say they are done.  He was right ugly about it.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1445 on: June 15, 2011, 12:59:32 AM »

I was gone most of today.  No court until Thursday?

If I understood correctly there will be court tomorrow for judicial notice and something else....Ashton stated that he could do it on Thursday morning and then move to the defense case, but Mumbles had his normal pizzy tantrum remark so I think they have to come in tomorrow just for a little while and then the Defense case will start (or aka another freaky side show)

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1446 on: June 15, 2011, 12:59:36 AM »

Just reading here http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/ "Why didn't Casey..." and thought about Casey begging Cindy for one more day on the 911 call. IMO, it would have been Cindy and George's last day if they'd have obliged her.  Given what she'd been researching (neck breaking, household weapons, chloroform, spleen ruptures, excessive internal bleeding, etc.), I believe she would have killed them both.  All MOO
Thinking too about the clothes, I wonder what Caylee was wearing after the trip to Mt. Dora. Did she change clothes that evening (spill from dinner?)?  As mad as Casey is on those jail videos, I can't see her staying in the house after Cindy allegedly not only stands up to her, but threatens her physically and verbally. Either way, she changed Caylee into that Big Trouble shirt.  Wonder if her clothes were what clogged the plumbing? Anyone got a handle on when Chris Stutz brought over the bag of clothes?  What about the clothes retrieved near the dump sight that Cindy said were not Caylee's?  Could she have lied and then sent somebody to retrieve them secretly?  Someone like Dominic Casey?  We know from Casey's remark that "They haven't even found her clothes."  that there must have been clothes left somewhere.  IMO, this was all a big game to Casey.  She killed Caylee and the rest was CSI and Survivor all rolled into one (starring Casey Anthony of course).  All MOO
'Nite all!

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1447 on: June 15, 2011, 01:10:08 AM »

He is right ugly about everything, I think their demeanor today DT's showed desperation but that is JMO....also I think he is ugly all the way around, inside , outside and actions (must have lil p syndrome)

[
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1448 on: June 15, 2011, 01:13:06 AM »

How about the jury?  I'm trying to determine whether I should bother doing a separate thread for tomorrow.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1449 on: June 15, 2011, 01:17:31 AM »

He is right ugly about everything, I think their demeanor today DT's showed desperation but that is JMO....also I think he is ugly all the way around, inside , outside and actions (must have lil p syndrome)

I think you are right IM.  There isn't a likable person at that defense table.
But, of course, I think LDB and Jeff Ashton are adorable.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1450 on: June 15, 2011, 01:24:08 AM »

I think you are right IM.  There isn't a likable person at that defense table.
But, of course, I think LDB and Jeff Ashton are adorable.

Spot on, and add in the serial killer groupie (already forgot her name and just call her red volkswagon) , Finnel and the rest and that fact can't be lost on the jury  I too love the prosecution team, so prepared and intelligent which is directly opposite to the DT and I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't prepared at all for their first witness.

[
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1451 on: June 15, 2011, 01:24:17 AM »

How about the jury?  I'm trying to determine whether I should bother doing a separate thread for tomorrow.

OK, even if it's a very short day tomorrow, if they are going to be in court for a little while I'll tell the moderators to change threads as normal in the morning.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1452 on: June 15, 2011, 01:38:58 AM »

Lyon is making me sick on Dr Drew right now.  She has her Polyannaish voice and batty eyelashes and is trying to act feminine.  Her voice is the same forced sweetness she used when she said all those bad things about "blue hairs" on juries and female prosecutors with strap-ons.  The dufense must really be feeling the struggle to get her out on all the shows like Liposuction Linda.

Public opinion means nothing in this case, because the public doesn't get a vote.  But if they joined the losing team they want their time in the limelight and their 15 minutes.  So the public will still think they are expert legal minds and continue to watch them and read their books....you couldn't pay me to do so.

Since they all have their own agendas..Lyons with her rescind the DP work, LKB with her needing to pay the bills and keep up with hubby who is always a guest on many popular shows..the list continues..Geraldo..anyone who can jump on that bandwagon has and by gosh they are going to ride it to the end. 

After the trial they'll all be on again with more nastiness to sprew..eerr..their opinions..which they are hoping to take to the bank with their books and articles and appearances ..just disgusting is what they are..they could care less about Casey who they defended, care less about victim rights for Caylee and care less about our legal system..they are involved in personally saving themselves from the inevitable question of ..why did you join this ridiculous defense team in the first place?  Duh..money, fame, book deals and publicity.

I'm thinking Geraldo showed up in Orlando today to witness his friend, Jose, taking on the defense's case in this big trial.  Geraldo will try to make Baez out to be a great attorney to the best he can.  However, I'm also thinking that Baez could blow this pretty badly because he just can't seem to get his act together and ask questions in a way that the witness understands what he wants to know.  Would love to see Geraldo have to admit that the defense just isn't making their case.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1453 on: June 15, 2011, 02:43:33 AM »

if anyone runs across the video of CA mouthing I Love You to KC please post it....TIA

Sunny - I think I've spotted it. UNREAL!

Video #4 at 14:20 seconds time

http://www.wftv.com/video/28236459/index.html
O.k., I'm looking at Cindy's body language (specifically her facial expression) as she mouths "I Love You." .  IMO, she's saying it with a tough love expression on her face.  I see no tenderness in her face or softening around her mouth or eyes, as she says it.  She just looks for several seconds and then mouths it, sort of like "I love you whether you believe it not.".  What I see is a resigned mother...resigned to the fact that the daughter she loved and thought loved her, killed her granddaughter...resigned, in that, she is facing reality and is no longer willing to rescue Casey...resigned, come what may.  There is a marked lack of joy, affection, or warmth on Cindy's face and in the way she forms the words.  She's saying, "I will always love you but you're on your own."  JMO
I agree.
During the last part of Cindy's testimony today, she looked so defeated. 

I also saw Casey's expression from a late viewing of HLN recordings, NG especially showed it over and over again.   This exchange was seen in front of the jury & I pray they picked up on it because it will nail Casey for certain.  Casey gave a beyond bratty, disrespectful facial expression as if to say "really" and turned her head away from her mother.  I didnt doubt it occurred but did not catch it as it happened live but seeing it now I see a defeated Cindy who still feels love for her daughter.  Im not in her shoes but I know how I react to things & what my personal moral compass is & after something this heinous those words would have never been spoken from my lips again even if I felt the maternal body to my child.  Yes, I would deny that emotion toward the person that killed my grandchild.   That being said, I'm not Cindy nor have children that even would think to harm a person much less their own flesh & blood or even disrespect them for that matter.   I did not see the Cindy we've witnessed & had so much disdain for, I think her realization has been a painfully slow process & I bet with a bit of denial still within her but when Bozo got up and made that opening statement it had to be obvious to both Cindy & George that not only did Casey kill Caylee but she was determined to destroy her family with her.  I'm a bit nervous due to what we've seen with Cindy & George with the defense now, I'm not sure what we can expect from either of them despite their contempt for Bozo.  I would hope that Cindy sees that last act of shunning & disrespect for what it is, a cold blooded killer not giving a flip about anyone but herself.  Casey is empty, vile & dangerous, IMHO. 

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1454 on: June 15, 2011, 04:07:16 AM »

I also saw Casey's expression from a late viewing of HLN recordings, NG especially showed it over and over again.   This exchange was seen in front of the jury & I pray they picked up on it because it will nail Casey for certain.  Casey gave a beyond bratty, disrespectful facial expression as if to say "really" and turned her head away from her mother.  I didnt doubt it occurred but did not catch it as it happened live but seeing it now I see a defeated Cindy who still feels love for her daughter.  Im not in her shoes but I know how I react to things & what my personal moral compass is & after something this heinous those words would have never been spoken from my lips again even if I felt the maternal body to my child.  Yes, I would deny that emotion toward the person that killed my grandchild.   That being said, I'm not Cindy nor have children that even would think to harm a person much less their own flesh & blood or even disrespect them for that matter.   I did not see the Cindy we've witnessed & had so much disdain for, I think her realization has been a painfully slow process & I bet with a bit of denial still within her but when Bozo got up and made that opening statement it had to be obvious to both Cindy & George that not only did Casey kill Caylee but she was determined to destroy her family with her.  I'm a bit nervous due to what we've seen with Cindy & George with the defense now, I'm not sure what we can expect from either of them despite their contempt for Bozo.  I would hope that Cindy sees that last act of shunning & disrespect for what it is, a cold blooded killer not giving a flip about anyone but herself.  Casey is empty, vile & dangerous, IMHO. 

I agree, good post Capp.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1455 on: June 15, 2011, 04:22:38 AM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.