April 27, 2024, 11:25:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 18 - 6/14/11  (Read 382742 times)
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2011, 09:27:41 AM »

I think she will be convicted but I don't want the death penalty. I want justice and that would be to put her in general population and see how long she will last. She is in seclusion now and IF there are any truths in some of her jail letters she is scared there at times. I think her being with the population might prove to be her "hell on earth".

Hey Kat!!! I am hoping for LWOP as well. Not against the DP, just had my mind changed about it a couple of years ago and now realize that with DP they at least have something to look forward to to get them out of that prison. With LWOP they have to wake up everyday and realize that they are never leaving that place because of their actions...Just wish they could paper his cell walls with pics of precious little Caylee....If a miracle happened and she did get DP, however, for me that would just be lagniappe!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2011, 09:28:03 AM »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43392648/ns/local_news-tampa_fl/
Casey Anthony trial slated to resume at 1 p.m. today
By TBO.com
Tampa Bay Online
updated 2 hours 36 minutes ago
Tampa — The Casey Anthony trial is scheduled to resume at 1 p.m. today as the prosecution's next witness wasn't due into Orlando until this morning. The late-arriving witness led to an early dismissal on Monday, with the state calling only a pair of FBI forensics experts. State attorneys said they are ahead of...
» Read More http://www2.tbo.com/news/news/2011/jun/14/casey-anthony-trial-slated-to-resume-at-1-pm-today-ar-237241/

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2011, 09:28:53 AM »

I think she will be convicted but I don't want the death penalty. I want justice and that would be to put her in general population and see how long she will last. She is in seclusion now and IF there are any truths in some of her jail letters she is scared there at times. I think her being with the population might prove to be her "hell on earth".

Hey Kat!!! I am hoping for LWOP as well. Not against the DP, just had my mind changed about it a couple of years ago and now realize that with DP they at least have something to look forward to to get them out of that prison. With LWOP they have to wake up everyday and realize that they are never leaving that place because of their actions...Just wish they could paper his cell walls with pics of precious little Caylee....If a miracle happened and she did get DP, however, for me that would just be lagniappe!!!

self-edit....her cell walls.....had someone else in mind as well...his name begins with Mark and ends with Lewis....

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2011, 09:31:53 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9947.380
 I need a mod to delete blank posts TY

Done.  MB
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:38:10 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2011, 09:32:44 AM »

there was discussion on another thread that Cindy and George will plead for her life.
I think that they will do that for sure.

I cannot imagine that they wouldn't....what parent, no matter what their child has done, would want to face the thought of attending (someday) their child's execution?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2011, 09:34:41 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/28229774/detail.html
Casey Trial Day 29, State Could Wrap Up Early
Posted: 6:46 am EDT June 14, 2011Updated: 9:05 am EDT June 14, 2011

::snipping2::
The state's final two witnesses will take the stand when court resumes at 1:00 p.m.
Prosecutors called two FBI investigators to testify on key evidence in the case on Monday.
 ::snipping2::

WFTV’s legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said he thinks the defense could have an even bigger challenge ahead as it begins to lay out its case.

“He has to deliver his case. He has shifted the burden. The jurors are waiting to see what are you going to prove,” said Sheaffer. “Promising so much to the jury and thus far delivering nothing.”

He said he does not believe Casey will testify and tell the jury she was abused by her father George, as her attorney claimed during opening statements.

If she took the stand, prosecutors could ask her about her felony check convictions, and Baez's admission that she is a liar.

At the end of testimony on Monday, Chief Judge Belvin Perry said he thinks all evidence will be presented to the jury by the end of next week, and jury deliberations could begin next Saturday, or the following Monday.

Casey is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Caylee. She faces a death sentence if convicted.

Prosecutors contend Anthony suffocated Caylee with duct tape. The defense says Caylee drowned in her grandparents' pool.

VIDEO REPORT: Prosecution To Wrap Up http://www.wftv.com/video/28230773/index.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2011, 09:34:54 AM »

Tomorrow
3 Years Later we are seeking
an angelic monkey Justice for Caylee  an angelic monkey

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2011, 09:34:54 AM »

Good Morning Monkees!

I think LWOP, not death Penalty ...
or she may just get the manslaughter charge along with some others...as long as she spends most of her life in prison I will be fine....would rather have LWOP

Agreed. As long as she's locked up for the majority of her life I'll be satisfied. I'd prefer the DP though. Shoot, as long as they find her guilty of murder I'll be satisfied. I want her to wear that Scarlett letter for the rest of her pathetic life

Yes....she must be old, wrinkly, ugly and in very poor health if she ever gets out.Also I would want for all of her relatives to have long passed from this life so that she truly would have no one. She wanted to be free of them, well, let her be free of them!

totally agree

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2011, 09:36:30 AM »

Tomorrow
3 Years Later we are seeking
an angelic monkey Justice for Caylee  an angelic monkey

thought of that last night...

sweetgypsy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2011, 09:37:13 AM »

I think that if Casey did get the DP it would play right into her twisted sense of her celebrity....there is something glamourous about the dramatic gesture of being put to death and the notoriety that comes along with that that someone with Casey's degree of narcissism may find exciting or titillating.

No...LWOP is the way to go for this one.  Sitting in a cold, gray cell day after day with her long life stretching out in front of her.  No lights, no cameras, no more being the center of attention.  Just her and her thoughts and her regrets and those demons in her head. Endless rounds of appeals that go nowhere.....total hopelessness.

Let her life be long so she can have alot of time to chew on what she's done.  She doesn't deserve to be relieved of her misery...death would be too easy of a way out for her.

JMHO....

Every dog has their day....and I mean you Casey....
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2011, 09:42:55 AM »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/43391551#43391551
The Today Show 06/14/11

~ Peter Frampton
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2011, 09:46:37 AM »

Why was the issue of the alleged confrontation between Casey and Cindy on the evening of June 15th not addressed when Cindy and Lee were on the stand.  Cindy's claim of a special evening of bonding with Casey and Caylee went unchallenged by the prosecutor.

I believe if this confrontation did occur ... the substance may go a long way towards establishing Casey state of mind .... estabishing a motive.

Janet

++++++

Ex-fiancée Jesse Grund alleged Casey Anthony, mother fought
22 December 2008 @ 01:43 pm EDT

<snipped>

The ex-fiancée of Casey Anthony alleged that she and her mother got into a big argument the night before Casey's daughter Caylee went missing.

Jesse Grund told Sherriff's investigators about the incident in documents released by the State Attorney's Office in late November, saying he learned of it from Casey's brother Lee Anthony.

"It got into a very heated argument, which turned physical and Cindy started choking Casey," Grund said, after a review of documents by Central Florida 13 news.

<snipped>

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20081222/fianc-eacutejesse-grund-alleged-casey-anthony-mother-fought.htm

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2011, 09:50:10 AM »

Blowhole on Facebook about 1 hour ago.....IDIOT!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2011, 09:51:08 AM »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/43391551#43391551
Casey Anthony: Importance of Heart-Shaped Stickers
Nancy Grace and Dan Abrams weigh in on the murder trial's forensic evidence.
06/14/2011

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/06/casey-anthony-is-prosecutions-case-pretty-overwhelming.html/comment-page-1
Casey Anthony: Is prosecution’s case ‘pretty overwhelming’?
ABC, Caylee and Casey Anthony, Good Morning America, Nancy Grace, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on June, 14 2011 8:59 AM

~ Peter Frampton
DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2011, 09:52:01 AM »

Good Morning Monkees!

I think LWOP, not death Penalty ...
or she may just get the manslaughter charge along with some others...as long as she spends most of her life in prison I will be fine....would rather have LWOP

Agreed. As long as she's locked up for the majority of her life I'll be satisfied. I'd prefer the DP though. Shoot, as long as they find her guilty of murder I'll be satisfied. I want her to wear that Scarlett letter for the rest of her pathetic life

Yes....she must be old, wrinkly, ugly and in very poor health if she ever gets out.Also I would want for all of her relatives to have long passed from this life so that she truly would have no one. She wanted to be free of them, well, let her be free of them!

totally agree

I think they should just tie her up on a playground and let kids throw rocks at her all day.  But then I guess I'm just a softie.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »

I think that if Casey did get the DP it would play right into her twisted sense of her celebrity....there is something glamourous about the dramatic gesture of being put to death and the notoriety that comes along with that that someone with Casey's degree of narcissism may find exciting or titillating.

No...LWOP is the way to go for this one.  Sitting in a cold, gray cell day after day with her long life stretching out in front of her.  No lights, no cameras, no more being the center of attention.  Just her and her thoughts and her regrets and those demons in her head. Endless rounds of appeals that go nowhere.....total hopelessness.

Let her life be long so she can have alot of time to chew on what she's done.  She doesn't deserve to be relieved of her misery...death would be too easy of a way out for her.

JMHO....

My thoughts exactly!!!!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2011, 09:56:46 AM »

as long as she is in jail long enough to never be able to have children again and never know the love of a child again she blew her chances of that, never having grandchildren dying alone
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2011, 10:00:06 AM »

Thanks, Trimm!

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
CJLove23
Scared Monkey

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2011, 10:05:57 AM »

as long as she is in jail long enough to never be able to have children again and never know the love of a child again she blew her chances of that, never having grandchildren dying alone

What's scary is that there are many men and women who find inmates desirable and strike up a pen pal relationship with inmates and eventually the inmate (since it's the only connection to the outside world) gets so en-wrapped in the letter and end up falling in love with the person sending it to them. Scott Peterson was getting hundreds of letters a day from admirers wanting to marry him (gag) and I can see that happening with Casey eventually. When the hype from this case dies down and no one is that interested in her anymore (took Peterson what 2 years) I guarantee some weird, lonely man that followed the case and thinks he knows her from TV will write to her and maybe she'll take the bait with one.

That can't happen on DW but if she gets LWOP I wonder if she could have regular visits from strangers? I KNOW there aren't conjugal visits for murderers thank goodness. Can you imagine Casey having another baby behind bars?? Ew.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2011, 10:07:19 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1241&start=550

Silverspnr Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:42 pm

I am a little amazed that so many here find the tattoo to be significant.

The state did an excellent job of laying out the indisputable fact that Casey was on a ME-ME-ME-LIES-LIES-LIES-PARTY-SHOP-SCREW-STEAL-PARTY-SHOP-SCREW-BORROW-PARTY-SHOP-SCREW-LAZE ABOUT-LIE-LIE-LIE-LIE-LIE tour for the entire 31 days.

The tattoo is a double-edged sword.
"Bella vita" can be interpreted and ARGUED BY THE LAWYERS to mean 2 diametrically opposed things:

Yes. One could argue that it signified her newfound freedom, in a "Screw Caylee! I'm living the GOOD LIFE now that the 'little snot' is finally out of my hair!" kind of way.

But yes, someone else could argue that it signified a troubled, grieving mother's TRIBUTE to her Caylee, a beautiful life. (And Casey saw to that FOR them when Lee questioned her about it during one of the jail house video visits.)

A skillful prosecutor will not open the door to that argument.
They don't need to prove she got a tattoo to prove the elements of ANY of the charges against her.
So, not only is it IRRELEVANT to their burden of proof, but it opens a can of worms for the jury to argue about what it meant. (You'd be surprised how a jury dispute over some vague and non-essential matter could end up hanging the jury on the real issues in the case.)

They obviously decided that the "HOT BODY CONTEST" Casey entered on the 20th was far more potent at getting the message to the jurors.

And think about it: there was no way for the defense to twist "HOT BODY CONTEST" around on them and insinuate to the jurors that she participated in that contest as some sort of alleged "tribute" to Caylee.

How many times did the jurors hear that Casey entered into a "HOT BODY CONTEST" just 4 days after even SHE now admits that Caylee was STONE, COLD DEAD.

That is what I would call prosecution-editorial GENIUS.

The only thing about the tattoo "Bella Vita" not being brought up first by the prosecution is that the defense would take the first jab at what they want to make it out to mean with a nauseating sympathy for their defendant since she was a (choking on the words) "loving, good mother."   The State would then be attacking that concept on cross.  The jury also has to be wondering how Casey is paying for things when they have the information that she hadnt worked since April 2006, I hope a door is opened to allow in Casey's economic convictions & the fact that during this time she stole money & committed fraud with Amy's checks.   Casey was also driving Amy's car that week.

IMHO, the significance of Casey telling the shop guy that she was going to return after her early July tattoo with Caylee should come out by the State.  Casey already knew Caylee was dead when she said that.  She murdered her child & knew it OR if one is ridiculous enough to believe the defense's "accidental drowning" assertion she also knew in those circumstances that Caylee was dead & was lying about it with no upset whatsoever during that "31 days."   Even IF the defense's story included that her father told her he would "take care of it" as Jennifer Barringer put forward on Judge Jeanine, it meant Casey wasnt upset or cared that Caylee was dead but began her "bella vita" without flinching.   There is NO way during that "31 days" that any mother wouldnt have broke down or been seen as visibly depressed during that time, not would they embellish that they were bringing a live child to a tattoo shop to watch mommy get a tattoo...no PTSD or other mental breakdown would explain her conduct during this time.

That being said, there is NO way this slore would have been "protecting" her father over an accident upon eventually facing the death penalty.   Her attorneys could have EASILY put forward the "accidental drowning" story even given the horrid way Caylee was disposed 3 years ago & Casey probably would have already served her time & getting out of jail now.  Snit,  there has been thousands to millions of much tougher scumbuckets that have ratted out a conspirator to save their own skin over the years.   The entire story is lubricious!!

Im a bit stunned that there hasnt been one pundit, legal commentary or other talkhead that I head yesterday mentioning that the State will have a rebuttal after the defense puts on their case farce.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.