April 28, 2024, 01:40:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #27 6/13/11 - 8/23/11  (Read 458119 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1940 on: August 22, 2011, 06:57:40 PM »

Good morning Monkey's,

Bearlythere, my dog had indigestive problems, until I found a solution- the dry food he was eating was hard for his teeth, I started to pound the dry nuggets in a plastic bag with a mallet.  He finishs his dog food now, and he no longer has indigestive problems.

Dogs like to eat grass it helps their stomachs.  Some dogs eat grass to cough up hair, (I guess) the grass make a dog cough
and then the hair comes up, but not the grass.   

Thanks!  I'll tell her.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1941 on: August 22, 2011, 06:58:16 PM »

Good morning Monkey's,

joesamas mama and Casually cool,

Horseie sause is yummy on a ham sammy.  Do you use the white or the read sauce?
Morning Seahorse, I use the white sauce it is so yummy.

Thanks, Josamas Smile

The white Horsey sauce is so good, it so tangy, too...I need to discipline myself, as not putting a dollop of sauce on the bread, like I would mayo, I found a little dab will do ya. Smile   I believe the sauce is also good for your health, because it clears your sinuses, I do not have a link 
Yeah Seahorse it is good, and I agree it does open up the sinuses. Chinese hot mustard does that too. 

Chinese hot mustard sounds devine~where do I buy that at, please? 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1942 on: August 22, 2011, 06:58:30 PM »

Damn you Irene!!!  Leave us alone.  I hate you and want nothing to do with you.

Yikes when is it suppose to hit? I heard it hit PR last night.   

I believe in miracles!
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1943 on: August 22, 2011, 06:59:47 PM »

They are now predicting it to be a cat3

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1944 on: August 22, 2011, 07:21:11 PM »

Good morning Monkey's,

Bearlythere, my dog had indigestive problems, until I found a solution- the dry food he was eating was hard for his teeth, I started to pound the dry nuggets in a plastic bag with a mallet.  He finishs his dog food now, and he no longer has indigestive problems.

Dogs like to eat grass it helps their stomachs.  Some dogs eat grass to cough up hair, (I guess) the grass make a dog cough
and then the hair comes up, but not the grass.   
What kind of indigestive problems Seahorse? I may try that for Joe, but I don't think there is anything wrong with his teeth.

Good evening Monkey's,

Joesamas, the dog would roll the dry food into his mouth (without chopping on it),  sometimes not doo, he would not be “regular” Smile  He needed Activitia for dogs.

He would have a clump of food in his stomach or more like lead weights.  Then I noticed he been crunching his biscuits on one side of his jaw. 

I have been whacking the dry food down to big crumbs, not into dust. He has not had any problems with digesting or doing his daily business, since I have been pounding his dry nugget dog food into smaller pieces 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1945 on: August 22, 2011, 07:32:03 PM »

my dog still has itch problems...egads! drives me nuts with the constant itching, licking, scratching ....he is on benadryl which is helping...

Going to the movies today with the Ya Ya Gals to see The Help....Can't wait
  Itching is horrible for dogs Cookie, sorry your dog is going through that as well. Supposedly there are hypo allergenic foods, I haven't found one that works for Josef yet. 

Have fun at the movies.  an angelic monkey

Cookie,

Try putting  tablespoon of Olive Oil in your dogs food.  I did research (at the Library) for a teenager whose dog's hair was falling out because of dry skin, the book said OLIVE OIL. I dropped the information off to her, I saw her later and she said it worked.

My dog can not have a bath anymore than two baths a year, because he will inch.  My neighbors dog had a itch problem after coming back from having a bath at the groomers.

Never heard of olive oil, but the vet did say fish oil. I am just afraid it will mess with Josef's belly if I give it to him.

Here are a few other natural techniques, Joesama:

A Natural Remedy for Itching & Dry Skin in Canines

Instructions
Grooming

•Even moisturizing shampoos can strip a dog's coat and skin of its natural protective oils. If your dog frequently suffers from dry or itchy skin, avoid bathing too often since this can make the problem worse. When you must bathe the dog, use a soothing and moisturizing shampoo and follow with a rinse or conditioner for dogs. Brushing is also good, since this stimulates oil production and helps remove dead skin and hair that can cause itchiness..Oatmeal

•Oatmeal is a great natural remedy for soothing itchy, dry skin. Try applying some cooked (and cooled) oatmeal to your dog's skin. Leave on for ten minutes, then rinse away. Or, for a solution with less clean-up involved, try an oatmeal bath. Put a cup and half of dry oatmeal in a warm bath and pour the water over your dog's skin..Olive Oil

•Another excellent remedy for dry skin in dogs is olive oil. Olive oil contains essential fatty acids that can help restore the natural moisture balance in your dog's skin. You can apply olive oil directly to the skin but not without a mess. You could instead try adding a tablespoon of the oil to the dog's food once or twice a week..Epsom Salt

•Epsom salt is a fast remedy for intense itching from dry or irritated skin. Put a cup of epsom salt in a bathtub full of warm water. Once dissolved, put the dog in the bathtub and pour the water over your dog's fur and skin.

http://www.dailypuppy.com/articles/a-natural-remedy-for-itching--dry-skin-in-canines/b03edb59-f5b8-368f-9176-ac75d33a5fe9

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1946 on: August 22, 2011, 08:41:27 PM »

Good morning Monkey's,

joesamas mama and Casually cool,

Horseie sause is yummy on a ham sammy.  Do you use the white or the read sauce?
Morning Seahorse, I use the white sauce it is so yummy.

Thanks, Josamas Smile

The white Horsey sauce is so good, it so tangy, too...I need to discipline myself, as not putting a dollop of sauce on the bread, like I would mayo, I found a little dab will do ya. Smile   I believe the sauce is also good for your health, because it clears your sinuses, I do not have a link 
Yeah Seahorse it is good, and I agree it does open up the sinuses. Chinese hot mustard does that too. 

Chinese hot mustard sounds devine~where do I buy that at, please? 
In the foreign aisle or chinese aisle at the grocery. Boy it will make you feel like your brain is on fire 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1947 on: August 22, 2011, 08:42:12 PM »

They are now predicting it to be a cat3
Why can't it just turn around and go out to sea????

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1948 on: August 22, 2011, 08:44:53 PM »

my dog still has itch problems...egads! drives me nuts with the constant itching, licking, scratching ....he is on benadryl which is helping...

Going to the movies today with the Ya Ya Gals to see The Help....Can't wait
  Itching is horrible for dogs Cookie, sorry your dog is going through that as well. Supposedly there are hypo allergenic foods, I haven't found one that works for Josef yet. 

Have fun at the movies.  an angelic monkey

Cookie,

Try putting  tablespoon of Olive Oil in your dogs food.  I did research (at the Library) for a teenager whose dog's hair was falling out because of dry skin, the book said OLIVE OIL. I dropped the information off to her, I saw her later and she said it worked.

My dog can not have a bath anymore than two baths a year, because he will inch.  My neighbors dog had a itch problem after coming back from having a bath at the groomers.

Never heard of olive oil, but the vet did say fish oil. I am just afraid it will mess with Josef's belly if I give it to him.

Here are a few other natural techniques, Joesama:

A Natural Remedy for Itching & Dry Skin in Canines

Instructions
Grooming

•Even moisturizing shampoos can strip a dog's coat and skin of its natural protective oils. If your dog frequently suffers from dry or itchy skin, avoid bathing too often since this can make the problem worse. When you must bathe the dog, use a soothing and moisturizing shampoo and follow with a rinse or conditioner for dogs. Brushing is also good, since this stimulates oil production and helps remove dead skin and hair that can cause itchiness..Oatmeal

•Oatmeal is a great natural remedy for soothing itchy, dry skin. Try applying some cooked (and cooled) oatmeal to your dog's skin. Leave on for ten minutes, then rinse away. Or, for a solution with less clean-up involved, try an oatmeal bath. Put a cup and half of dry oatmeal in a warm bath and pour the water over your dog's skin..Olive Oil

•Another excellent remedy for dry skin in dogs is olive oil. Olive oil contains essential fatty acids that can help restore the natural moisture balance in your dog's skin. You can apply olive oil directly to the skin but not without a mess. You could instead try adding a tablespoon of the oil to the dog's food once or twice a week..Epsom Salt

•Epsom salt is a fast remedy for intense itching from dry or irritated skin. Put a cup of epsom salt in a bathtub full of warm water. Once dissolved, put the dog in the bathtub and pour the water over your dog's fur and skin.

http://www.dailypuppy.com/articles/a-natural-remedy-for-itching--dry-skin-in-canines/b03edb59-f5b8-368f-9176-ac75d33a5fe9
Thank you Seahorse, Josef only gets oatmeal baths and very few unless it is time for his feet to get done. One last treatment on that. I just wish I knew what his food allergy is, that way we can treat it with diet. I think my next food to try is potato and rabbit. Potato and venison didn't work. 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1949 on: August 22, 2011, 11:05:55 PM »

thanks for all the tips on dogs and itching etc...took Benji to the vet..he got a shot..allergies as usual this time of year...never fails..last night was rough...he itched and licked almost all night..kept us up and him..got some benedryl from the vet..seems to be helping him...thank goodness..

so, I have not been up to date on the weather...there is a hurricane heading towards Florida? I sure hope it goes to sea and doesn't mess up your cruise CC and JSM...darn it all! I am sure it will be fine..We take our cruise in late January..can't wait..but I would be super nervous is there is rough weather..I will be skeered...++

I made a homemade peach cobbler tonight...eating some of it right now...yummy if I do say so myself...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1950 on: August 22, 2011, 11:06:51 PM »

JSM..I have tried all the different foods...for the allergies...sigh...

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1951 on: August 22, 2011, 11:12:37 PM »

JSM

My sister just called and she has the weather channel. They are predicting that the storm eye will pass 150 mi away from the Florida coast. 

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1952 on: August 22, 2011, 11:44:05 PM »

JSM

My sister just called and she has the weather channel. They are predicting that the storm eye will pass 150 mi away from the Florida coast. 

cool!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1953 on: August 23, 2011, 12:16:30 AM »

Seahorse..thanks for the info on the olive oil..I will try it on Benji's food..the benadryl is helping..

Nite JSM..sleep tight!

The Help movie is soooooo good...I read the book and it was fab..movie was just as good..the stars of the show fit the description of the characters in the book that I had imagined...a must see movie as far as I am concerned if you want to see a great show..lasts a long time too!

Thanks, cookie!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1954 on: August 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM »

Josef is still having belly troubles. Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday he was fine with the new food, Friday, Saturday and today, 5:30 wake up call, barely down the stairs. I am just wondering if it is the heat making him sick. He is at daycare right now so I can get some laundry done before church and go to the mall. Hopefully his vet will be there when I pick him up and talk about trying something else. He wants to wait four to six weeks, before we change his food. Maybe chicken and rice is the answer. I will cook for my dog (and CC), just not for me 

I  went to help my neighbor with her sick dog.  He has belly troubles, too.

So nice of you to help your neighbor, hope the sick dog gets better. Prayers for the owner and the pup.  an angelic monkey

Thanks, he was very sick tonight.  Your prayers are appreciated.

I hope he is better today Bearly.

Poor baby, threw his guts up tonight, too.

I believe in miracles!
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1955 on: August 23, 2011, 12:41:44 AM »

Irene a cat3????? We are screwed. Let's go hang out and play bingo at Jonathons. Maybe you can get a golfing ratio up the street while I hang out at the local gentlemen clubs

Do No Evil 
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1956 on: August 23, 2011, 12:45:20 AM »

Irene a cat3????? We are screwed. Let's go hang out and play bingo at Jonathons. Maybe you can get a golfing ratio up the street while I hang out at the local gentlemen clubs

Golfing tatoo not ratio. Stupid spellcheck.

Do No Evil 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1957 on: August 23, 2011, 01:37:38 AM »

Golfing tatoo not ratio. Stupid spellcheck.

I am so glad you clarified that for us.  I was trying my darndest to try and figure out what in the world a golfing ratio was.    If it's going to be 150 miles off the coast you guys should be okay. Even a Cat 3. It should be pass you by 4:30 - 5:00 Friday night.  Think POSITIVE CC  it is going to okay.  I tried to post earlier but the witching hour came and I couldn't get back on in time.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1958 on: August 23, 2011, 08:06:55 AM »

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/showbiz/2011/08/22/nr.wynter.kid.hijacks.report.cnn
Added On August 22, 2011
A young bystander gets animated as CNN's Kareen Wynter reports on Kim Kardashian's wedding outside the venue.
   Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1959 on: August 23, 2011, 08:51:55 AM »

thanks for all the tips on dogs and itching etc...took Benji to the vet..he got a shot..allergies as usual this time of year...never fails..last night was rough...he itched and licked almost all night..kept us up and him..got some benedryl from the vet..seems to be helping him...thank goodness..

so, I have not been up to date on the weather...there is a hurricane heading towards Florida? I sure hope it goes to sea and doesn't mess up your cruise CC and JSM...darn it all! I am sure it will be fine..We take our cruise in late January..can't wait..but I would be super nervous is there is rough weather..I will be skeered...++

I made a homemade peach cobbler tonight...eating some of it right now...yummy if I do say so myself...
Glad you took Benji to the vet, did they give him a steroid injection? If so, watch out, he will eat you out of house and home, drink water and pee constantly. But it is worth it to keep him from itching.

I hope the hurricane goes out to sea too. Glad your cruise is in January that isn't hurricane season.  an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.