March 28, 2024, 01:03:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ann Coulter Just Got It.  (Read 4478 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« on: April 10, 2007, 04:26:12 PM »

Just saw Ann Coulter discussing Imus on Cavuto and she signed off with this significant statement:

'Liberals can do anything, because they are liberal'.

So, Conservatives can't do some things just because they are conservative and don't believe all things should be done or allowed.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 10:20:53 PM »

Carnut,

I'm gonna leave this to you to figure out.

I am a big fan of Ann Coulter. I always thought she was a conservative. Is this not true?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 06:06:08 PM »

To say that Don Imus is being blasted because he is a conservative is just missing the point completely. What he said was terrible, and not funny, and was a racist remark. Has it been blown out of proportion....yes. But shock jocks are going too far, and criticism of anyone and every one, shielded by saying it's a joke is getting out of control, both on TV and radio. That's really the bigger issue.

Ann Coulter is no better. Remember, she blamed Natalee for her own disappearance. It's not a conservative/liberal issue. It's about race relations, and what's acceptable for people to say on public airwaves about anyone. She doesn't get it, and her shrillness is tiresome.

Don Imus can be the catylyst for change and maybe we can redefine what's acceptable and what's not. Even in jest, I don't want to be, nor do I want my daughters ,called any kind of ho. I found that whole "joke" to be denigrating to all women, and especially women athletes.
But I don't think this big media circus should have ensued. Ann Coulter just jumped on because she is an opportunist just like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. IMHO.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 10:10:10 PM »

I agree that you can draw a parallel between Ann Coulter's and Imus' rhetoric.  I don't understand why there hasn't been a bigger uproar over Coulter's comments.  Her gay comment about Edwards was nothing compared to what she said about the 9/11 widows, to get a laugh I suppose.  Where was the outrage?

The thing that gets me is that she is a highly paid and sought after speaker on the conservative lecture circuit in Washington, those who support the Bush administration.  Now how are we to reconcile the supposedly compassionate Christian Bush White House with the values so publicly espoused by his supporters?  Seems like a real disconnect to me.

I also hope that some good will come out of Imus' comments.  He has certainly opened up a lot of discussion about racism, sexism, rap music, etc.   JMO
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 12:18:33 AM »

I am not and have never been a big Imus fan since he does use such vile language, but I have listened to him from time to time, but this is not about what he said, but is about a campaign that is underway to destroy him since a certain roast in Washington, DC.  This has Hillary's hands all over it, and not to mention that he recently called her Satan.   My understanding is that he was supporting Chris Dodd for President, and was adamantly against Hillary Clinton although for the most part during his tenure, he supported Bill.  This is just another way to silence her opposition.  Old Marxist ways die hard.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 01:03:01 AM »

Are you kidding?  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 01:43:55 AM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
I am not and have never been a big Imus fan since he does use such vile language, but I have listened to him from time to time, but this is not about what he said, but is about a campaign that is underway to destroy him since a certain roast in Washington, DC.  This has Hillary's hands all over it, and not to mention that he recently called her Satan.   My understanding is that he was supporting Chris Dodd for President, and was adamantly against Hillary Clinton although for the most part during his tenure, he supported Bill.  This is just another way to silence her opposition.  Old Marxist ways die hard.

Bingo!  I thought I was the only person that could see this. Just wait until she starts on Obama.  He's going down too.  Nobody puts Hillary in the corner.  Wink
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 02:16:21 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Are you kidding?  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

I don't think she is.... you better bet it has Clinton all over it... who is in the back pocket of the Clinton's?  None other than "racism is our cottage industry" Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson....

remember who one of Clinton's "spirtual leaders" were during the Monica stuff??  it was the Clintons that helped give these two race-baiting big mouths their credibility!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 01:42:46 AM »

Imus is certainly NOT a conservative but a liberal and a flaming one at that.

Always has been, likely always will be.  

Yes, he did not like Hillary and said so but I think calling her Satan is what did it, much more than his remark about the basketball players.

And I concur that Sharpton and Jackson are in the Clinton camp big time.  They are doing the dirty work for the Clintons.  Again.

And Barrack Obama needs to check out Ron Brown and what happened to him when he crossed the Clintons.  

Like Vince Foster, bad things happen to those who cross Hill and Bill!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 01:18:41 PM »

Public figures are fair game.Basketball players in college are not,until they get arrested
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 03:37:20 PM »

Warning to Obama

http://cashill.com/ronbrown/what_barack_obama.htm

This guy wrote a book on it.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.