April 19, 2024, 05:52:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: How many days will the Defense take to present their case?  (Voting closed: June 18, 2011, 03:59:36 PM)
1-2 Days - 9 (7.6%)
2-4 Days - 32 (26.9%)
5-8 Days - 37 (31.1%)
8-10 days - 17 (14.3%)
More than 10 days - 24 (20.2%)
Total Voters: 118

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 19 - 6/15/11  (Read 264688 times)
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: June 15, 2011, 01:59:38 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28244835/detail.html

Headline: "Casey Anthony Defense Expert: Dr. G Bungled Autopsy"

Spitz says in the video linked in the article "in fact, if I am not mistaken, I was on board in this case, on this case, before Jose Baez"

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/28244971/index.html

Well Dr. Spitz, you ARE MISTAKEN! Baez was on this case from July 17, 2008 and claimed Caylee was ALIVE with Casey Anthony standing tearfully beside him. So what would you be doing on the case while they believed Caylee was alive? Oh yeah-- she drowned in the pool, so did you advise on how to set up that scenario? Did you open little Caylee's skull to discover pool water? He's not credible and a braggard.

Well we know that Dr. G. was well aware of these accusations of not opening the cranium, as obvious from her voice inflection of her response during testimony, as to whether they did this or not in their autopsy. I think it was something like... "CERTAINLY NOT!" with emphasis.

In October, 2008 ... Jose Baez was still claiming that Caylee was alive.  However the words of spokesperson for the defence implied that that Baez knew otherwise.

Janet

+++

Baez: We Believe Caylee Is Alive
Girl's Mother Indicted On Murder Charge
POSTED: Thursday, October 16, 2008
UPDATED: 4:27 pm EDT October 16, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla -- The spokesman for an attorney representing Casey Anthony, who is charged with murdering her 3-year-old daughter, said Thursday that they believe the child is alive, and that he never told a cable television network the girl was dead.

Black was interviewed by CNN Headline News on Tuesday. A transcript released by the network showed Black said "this is a very serious case involving not just the loss of the life of this little girl, but the loss of whatever is going to happen with Casey Anthony."

<snipped>

Jose Baez, Anthony's lawyer, held a news conference on Thursday to discuss the issue.

"We believe Caylee is alive," Baez said. "To take that out of context is a disservice to the Anthonys and the child"

The network stood by its interview.

"This was a live interview, and it is what he said," said Janine Iamunno, a Headline News spokeswoman.

<snipped>

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17728486/detail.html

Sooooo can Baez be called to the stand to ask when his client told home Caylee drowned in the pool?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: June 15, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »

STUNNED!!

This was an image of Casey Anthony immediately following JP's deny the motion to acquit.

Something tells me that Jose Baez had convinced his client that today she would walk out of the court a free woman.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: June 15, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »

Case No. 1991-CF-001638-A-O

Charges: THOMPSON, VASCO DAGAMA  Statute Level Date
1.   CONCEALED WEAPON  790.01 Third Degree - Felony 02/12/1991
2.   CR-POSSESS FIREARM CONCEAL WEAP BY CONVICT FEL  790.23 Second Degree - Felony 02/12/1991

Case No. 1991-CF-003833-A-O

1.   BATTERY  784.03(1)(A)(1) First Degree - Misd 04/09/1991

Case No. 1987-CF-005420-A-O

1.   KIDNAPPING  787.01 First Degree - Felony 07/30/1987
2.   THEFT  812.014 Third Degree - Felony 07/30/1987
3.   THEFT  812.014 Third Degree - Felony 07/30/1987

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6621762
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #663 on: June 15, 2011, 02:01:40 PM »

Despite what Mason has said, does anyone think he may surprise everyone by resting tomorrow?

I just can't see how he will not do further damage to def. case by trying to explain Baaz' opening.

It's hard to tell what they may do. If they realize by now they won't win, maybe ..but I doubt it!!
They will make fools of themselves to the end!!

They sure will.   

The only reason I think ICA likes this ship of fools, is that they fight dirty, just as she does.  She likes the fight and anger is or was her best friend.  It worked for her with her family. 

Riley
Scared Monkey

« Reply #664 on: June 15, 2011, 02:03:10 PM »

But the defense said she drowned by accident.  Are they now gonna claim she was kidnapped?  It is impossible to follow the thought process in this case!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: June 15, 2011, 02:03:57 PM »

Casey Anthony trial: Acquittal denied; defense introduces Vasco Thompson
The defense filing in court documents says Vasco Thompson is a 'recently discovered witness through the ongoing efforts of defense investigators'

On the same day Chief Judge Belvin Perry denied a defense motion for acquittal, Casey Anthony's team introduced a new person to the murder case — an Orlando felon with a violent past.

Anthony's defense amended witness list includes the name Vasco Thompson of Orlando.

The defense filing in court documents says Thompson is a "recently discovered witness through the ongoing efforts of defense investigators."

Thompson, according to the filing, "was connected to George Anthony through his cell phone records."

The document goes on to say "Thompson has a violent criminal history and has served a ten year prison sentence for kidnapping."

Thompson refused interview attempts by the defense and called law enforcement when questioned, the document says.

Due to the recently discovered and unexplained relationship between George Anthony and Thompson, their cell phone contact , including four calls on July 14, 2008, and Thompson's "violent criminal history," the defense claims "good cause is shown for the late disclosure of this witness."

The defense has to "depose Mr. Vasco Thompson to determine the existence of relevant admissible evidence in this trial," wrote defense attorney Cheney Mason.

It's unclear exactly how Thompson might play into the defense strategy.

::snipping2::

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/os-casey-anthony-trial-day-19-20110615,0,208035.story

Wait doest OCSO have both George & Cindy's phone records from way back...if this was shown, calls to a jail they would have picked up on it wouldnt one conclude?

kimmy2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #666 on: June 15, 2011, 02:04:05 PM »

Spitz says in the video linked in the article "in fact, if I am not mistaken, I was on board in this case, on this case, before Jose Baez"

Well Dr. Spitz, you ARE MISTAKEN! Baez was on this case from July 17, 2008 and claimed Caylee was ALIVE with Casey Anthony standing tearfully beside him. So what would you be doing on the case while they believed Caylee was alive? Oh yeah-- she drowned in the pool, so did you advise on how to set up that scenario? Did you open little Caylee's skull to discover pool water? He's not credible and a braggard.

Well we know that Dr. G. was well aware of these accusations of not opening the cranium, as obvious from her voice inflection of her response during testimony, as to whether they did this or not in their autopsy. I think it was something like... "CERTAINLY NOT!" with emphasis.

He sounds alittle senile lmao

Live each day as if it were your last!
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #667 on: June 15, 2011, 02:05:18 PM »

WHAT
OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
Reports show convicted felon Vasco Dagama Thompson added to #CaseyAnthony defense witness list.

Court records show Vasco Dagama Thompson was convicted of kidnapping on March 1988. #CaseyAnthony

Ch.9 reports George Anthony contacted Vasco Dagama Thompson the day before Cindy called about Caylee missing.

https://twitter.com/#!/OSCaseyAnthony

Does anyone know what this is about?  I do not remember this from anything before?
  What--Why would George call a kidnapper- and why would the defence put him on-  I hate to say --this family is nuts

Defence Witness - Vasco Dagama Thompson

Casey Anthony trial: Prosecutors rest case; judge denies defense request for acquittal
Updated: 1:09 p.m. Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Posted: 5:47 a.m. Wednesday, June 15, 2011

<snipped>

Reports show the defense team filed a motion to add convicted felon Vasco Dagama Thompson to their witness list. Thompson was convicted on kidnapping charges in March 1988.

WFTV-Channel 9 reported that George Anthony had contacted Thompson a day before Cindy Anthony called the Orange County Sheriff's Office to report Caylee's disappearance.

<snipped>

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/casey-anthony-trial-prosecutors-rest-case-judge-denies-1540678.html

Can the DT add witnesses at this point in time?  I thought it was too late.

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: June 15, 2011, 02:05:59 PM »

LYON: I can`t answer that question. I`m not on the defense team anymore. I know what was said in the opening statement just like you do, and we`re all going to have to wait and see what they intend to present.

But the point that I`m trying to make here is that the evidence of murder isn`t there. The evidence that she committed murder isn`t there.

There`s plenty of evidence of suspicious behavior that most people find inexplicable and detestable, but that doesn`t mean that she committed murder. And it`s very much like Camu`s "The Stranger," is it not? She`s not behaving properly; therefore, she`s a killer.

PINSKY: My understanding is you had some understanding of what happened to the dead body in the trunk. I found the fact that there was a dead body there for three days so overwhelming to even think about. Was there something more to that that we need to know?

LYON: Well, first of all, I don`t know how much proof they have that, in fact, the body was in the trunk. I mean, allowing in this sort of fake science that Mr. Vass, somebody, made up about it`s a machine that can sniff air and tell whether a dead body has been in there into evidence when it`s never been peer reviewed or tested or anything else is just quite surprising to me as an officer of the court, that such testimony would be allowed in.

But there is a lot of problems with the evidence, not the least of which is that it is very likely -- there`s certainly plenty of evidence to show that`s in the public record that the body was tampered with or moved in some kind of way. In which case, a lot of what Dr. Garavaglia and other people have had to say about the condition of her remains becomes irrelevant if Mr. Kronk (ph) moved it.

And there`s all kinds of talk and speculation about the searches on the computer that was a family computer that anyone could use for chloroform. But, you know, Cindy Anthony said in her deposition that she did that search. I mean, there`s a lot of things here where there are problems with the evidence. I`m not telling you that the prejudice against her isn`t going to carry the day.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1106/14/ddhln.01.html
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: June 15, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »

But the defense said she drowned by accident.  Are they now gonna claim she was kidnapped?  It is impossible to follow the thought process in this case!

The defence is all over the place.  What is perfectly ... George is the defence's sacrificial lamp.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: June 15, 2011, 02:07:26 PM »

My husband just said the jury will not like Mason and will be I agree put off by his delivery. I agree.  And like it or not that will come into play....subconsciously, but it will come into play. 

LOL Sunny..ITA ..but I think that the jury probably won't be able to understand 60% of what the man says..he truly is not an eloquent orator.

Hi Sunny, Hi Gypsy.  Mason truly is an arrogant idiot.  If he practiced 40 years, maybe he was better in the past but now, if he ever had it, he lost it.  The only way the jury might learn to like him is if he passes out some KFC during the defense presentation.
or just passes out...

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: June 15, 2011, 02:07:56 PM »

So the Prosecution must also be allowed to depose this Vasco Thompson as well? 

Very untimely, IMO!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #672 on: June 15, 2011, 02:08:20 PM »

I also wrote CNN and here is the link. 

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/hdlns/

Grandma thanks for this and the others you have written.   

Did I hear you reference yourself earlier as dumb? I wanted to disagree right there and then but have been in and out of computer room. Not so and I heartily disagree.   an angelic monkey
I read all your posts but haven't the speed to keep up with all of them.

StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: June 15, 2011, 02:08:26 PM »

Casey Anthony trial: Acquittal denied; defense introduces Vasco Thompson
The defense filing in court documents says Vasco Thompson is a 'recently discovered witness through the ongoing efforts of defense investigators'

On the same day Chief Judge Belvin Perry denied a defense motion for acquittal, Casey Anthony's team introduced a new person to the murder case — an Orlando felon with a violent past.

Anthony's defense amended witness list includes the name Vasco Thompson of Orlando.

The defense filing in court documents says Thompson is a "recently discovered witness through the ongoing efforts of defense investigators."

Thompson, according to the filing, "was connected to George Anthony through his cell phone records."

The document goes on to say "Thompson has a violent criminal history and has served a ten year prison sentence for kidnapping."

Thompson refused interview attempts by the defense and called law enforcement when questioned, the document says.

Due to the recently discovered and unexplained relationship between George Anthony and Thompson, their cell phone contact , including four calls on July 14, 2008, and Thompson's "violent criminal history," the defense claims "good cause is shown for the late disclosure of this witness."

The defense has to "depose Mr. Vasco Thompson to determine the existence of relevant admissible evidence in this trial," wrote defense attorney Cheney Mason.

It's unclear exactly how Thompson might play into the defense strategy.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/os-casey-anthony-trial-day-19-20110615,0,208035.story

Wait doest OCSO have both George & Cindy's phone records from way back...if this was shown, calls to a jail they would have picked up on it wouldnt one conclude?

Yes! And the he would have been questioned?
Maybe George knew this guy when he was a cop? Tryin to hear word on street?
Maybe he was an informant? Who knows why George called BUT I'm not worried ...
Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #674 on: June 15, 2011, 02:09:45 PM »

In October, 2008 ... Jose Baez was still claiming that Caylee was alive.  However the words of spokesperson for the defence implied that that Baez knew otherwise.

Janet

+++

Baez: We Believe Caylee Is Alive
Girl's Mother Indicted On Murder Charge
POSTED: Thursday, October 16, 2008
UPDATED: 4:27 pm EDT October 16, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla -- The spokesman for an attorney representing Casey Anthony, who is charged with murdering her 3-year-old daughter, said Thursday that they believe the child is alive, and that he never told a cable television network the girl was dead.

Black was interviewed by CNN Headline News on Tuesday. A transcript released by the network showed Black said "this is a very serious case involving not just the loss of the life of this little girl, but the loss of whatever is going to happen with Casey Anthony."

<snipped>

Jose Baez, Anthony's lawyer, held a news conference on Thursday to discuss the issue.

"We believe Caylee is alive," Baez said. "To take that out of context is a disservice to the Anthonys and the child"

The network stood by its interview.

"This was a live interview, and it is what he said," said Janine Iamunno, a Headline News spokeswoman.

<snipped>

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17728486/detail.html

Sooooo can Baez be called to the stand to ask when his client told home Caylee drowned in the pool?

Intresting take on above but IMO I think he SHOULD be called but can't due to the fact that in the JP said that what each attoney's Say/State doesn't make it true of factual and can't be considered evidence..but I'm not lawyer I did stay at a Holiday Inn once..
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: June 15, 2011, 02:10:30 PM »

WHAT
Reports show convicted felon Vasco Dagama Thompson added to #CaseyAnthony defense witness list.

Court records show Vasco Dagama Thompson was convicted of kidnapping on March 1988. #CaseyAnthony

Ch.9 reports George Anthony contacted Vasco Dagama Thompson the day before Cindy called about Caylee missing.

Does anyone know what this is about?  I do not remember this from anything before?
  What--Why would George call a kidnapper- and why would the defence put him on-  I hate to say --this family is nuts

Defence Witness - Vasco Dagama Thompson

Casey Anthony trial: Prosecutors rest case; judge denies defense request for acquittal
Updated: 1:09 p.m. Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Posted: 5:47 a.m. Wednesday, June 15, 2011

<snipped>

Reports show the defense team filed a motion to add convicted felon Vasco Dagama Thompson to their witness list. Thompson was convicted on kidnapping charges in March 1988.

WFTV-Channel 9 reported that George Anthony had contacted Thompson a day before Cindy Anthony called the Orange County Sheriff's Office to report Caylee's disappearance.

<snipped>

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/casey-anthony-trial-prosecutors-rest-case-judge-denies-1540678.html

Can the DT add witnesses at this point in time?  I thought it was too late.

Not true.  I watched every episode of Perry Mason.  It was alway the surprise witness ....

I am off ...

Later, Janet
11:10 AM PT

_____

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #676 on: June 15, 2011, 02:10:42 PM »

WHAT

For one, lets see if this guy that's the stand.
Two..you think cindy and george were thinking of having Caylee taken from kc at that time?
That's my thought on this matter.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #677 on: June 15, 2011, 02:10:49 PM »

Coming down from the rafters while we are waiting to see exactly what you guys think about ICA taking the stand.  Are they stupid enough to put her up there after everything has been brought out concerning her pathological need to lie?

My opinion for what it's worth:  I think she will take the stand.  Why?

1)  The need for the spotlight.  This narcissistic bimbo is gonna want to add her .02 cents cuz it's probably been driving her nuts that she can't speak for herself.

2)  Her arrogance has probably led her to believe that she can do a better job than the duhfense has done thus far.  In the past month alone we've seen gestures and indicators that show she clearly does not have much respect for them.

3)  Despite being called out, I believe she still believes she's an excellent liar.  She led LE towards an imaginary office, then turned around and said, "I don't really work here."  But look how far she took them before she fessed up!  She took them all the way to Universal Studios, thru parking lot, down hallway...who does that?!?  That takes a lot of balls, right there...which tells me that she's probably unafraid to take the stand.

4)  If the duhfense is really going to go ahead with this stupid "drowning/molestation" defense, she will have to take the stand.  The jury won't just take the duhfenses word for it because there will be questions to answer.  And I believe she's confident enough as a liar to get up there and weep as she tells the jury all the awful things her father allegedly did to her.

5)  Her demeanor has been so calm.  It's almost like she's thinking, "Just wait until you hear what I have to say."

6)  The one big thing that leads me to think she will take the stand:  Her duhfense team keeps asking for mistrials, acquittals, etc.  Why?  I'm thinking it's because ICA has told them she wants to testify and they can't stop her.  An attorney MUST follow the wishes of his/her client, no matter how asinine they are.

Anyway, these reasons are all just based on my gut feeling and I thought I'd just throw it out there to, you know, see what sticks.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: June 15, 2011, 02:11:15 PM »

VIDEO REPORT: Defense's Acquittal Motion Denied http://www.wftv.com/video/28246423/index.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #679 on: June 15, 2011, 02:11:45 PM »

I think that both Casey and Baez being sociopaths, neither will have a clue as to how obvious it is to normal people that they are lying.  Like Joran vd Sloot and other notorious sociopaths, they will continue to be totally puzzled that they are not believed.

It's one of the traits of those with that disorder.

I agree - you can see that in their demeanor many times and when they are pinned down for an answer and their numerous lies not accepted anger takes over.

exactly, and then the finger pointing begins!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.