April 27, 2024, 11:48:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: How many days will the Defense take to present their case?  (Voting closed: June 18, 2011, 03:59:36 PM)
1-2 Days - 9 (7.6%)
2-4 Days - 32 (26.9%)
5-8 Days - 37 (31.1%)
8-10 days - 17 (14.3%)
More than 10 days - 24 (20.2%)
Total Voters: 118

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 19 - 6/15/11  (Read 265333 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #340 on: June 15, 2011, 10:43:48 AM »

Wonder how Cindy felt hearing the motive for her granddaughter's death was the argument between her and KC?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
_icey_
Scared Monkey

« Reply #341 on: June 15, 2011, 10:43:59 AM »

KC thought she was gonna sit at the defense table during the break and socialize....fooled her!  the bailiff came and took her in the back!!
hahaha!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: June 15, 2011, 10:44:06 AM »

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Chief Judge Perry asked Mason what evidence there is to back up claim of accident and Mason said none but it can't be ruled out

http://twitter.com/#!/KBelichWFTV

that pretty much says it all!!!

In a nutshell...she's screwed & I for one will be rejoicing that justice for Caylee has been served 

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #343 on: June 15, 2011, 10:44:33 AM »

Linda just said the relationship between Cindy and Casey would be the motive!!!!!!
Did I miss something. There was no evidence put in about Cindy and kc relationship

There was testimony by Amy (cruise ship employee) that Casey had told Amy, her Mother Cindy was crazy.  etc. She went on to explain ICA'S demeanor in the vehicle after the three of them left Tonys.   
Due to the things ICA told Amy, Amy said she was frightened of Cindy.

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #344 on: June 15, 2011, 10:44:43 AM »

Puzzler, I have such mixed feelings about the parents....
I want them prosecuted, I feel compassion.. I am in a tug of war with myself....
I see how dysfunctional the whole group is....
I am so anticipating Justice for Caylee so that maybe I can get 1 good nights sleep.
The tossing and turning and disturbo dreaming take it's toll

I hear you.  Totally understand the "tug of war" thing.

This whole thing is disturbing.  I'm worn out at the end of each day, but I waited 3 years for this and I'm going to see it through.  I think I can deal okay with almost anything - EXCEPT - for a verdict like OJ got!  I don't believe G&C would be "safe" is KC is not behind bars.

George and Cindy - most especially Cindy - gave KC way too much leave to do as she pleased....plus, I do think KC was born without a few very necessary genes - after all, Lee was also raised by the same parents and no matter what one may think of Lee, he's no KC!!  I think KC has destroyed the entire family.   They all have their faults.  I don't think LE will ever go after Cindy and/or George because they've just gone through too much so far and it will NEVER be over for George and Cindy....never.

ITA Puzzler..The State has no need to go after Cindy and George..they are living in their own personal Hell and will until the day they die.

Going after the Grands would not have played well to the jury.

I believe that Baez and Foghorn with go after them with zeal..and  I also believe Linda and Ashton will be on their feet objecting before the defense even finsishes a sentence in that respect..we saw Linda in action yesterday and we know she has the right stuff to object before the question is even fully formed.

George and Cindy and Lee better practice keeping their cool and turn those short fuses off..the jury isn't going to like Baez going after the Grands, but they aren't gonna wanna see the rage they are capable of either.  I pray they can keep their mouths and bodies in check during the next week or so.
I'm in absolute agreement.  I have been so outspoken in my visceral dislike of Cindy, but I'm on the fence on what she will do.  The hardest thing to have dealt with is the unpredictability of all the characters in this case.  I don't know which way to jump.  I have every confidence in the State, and know that the defense will make some ridiculous blunders, but they are all loose cannons. Thank goodness for Monkeys and 

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #345 on: June 15, 2011, 10:45:35 AM »

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #346 on: June 15, 2011, 10:45:59 AM »

plus it never came out that they buried their animals with a heart shaped sticker and everyone was saying that the state was only saying that it was the tape that killed caylee but now linda said the chloroform too so thats good
_icey_
Scared Monkey

« Reply #347 on: June 15, 2011, 10:46:41 AM »

KC just smiled and winked at Mumbles! 

Yuk! I missed that thankfully..
We'll see who gets the last wink! 
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: June 15, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »

If Cindy had only fessed up to the fight on June 15, 2008.......  I hope she can live with herself for the injustice she has brought upon her beloved granddaughter.

Good morning Monkeys--

I agree with that, Tupelo.  Cindy can love her daughter and still tell the truth.  Loving her daughter, standing by her daughter does not, IMO, require that she sell her soul to the devil.  Actually, I hope that Cindy Anthony is haunted by the face and memory of Caylee until the last day she lives. And that she remembers what she did when she decided to abandon that memory in order to save Caylee's murderer from facing judgement for what she did. In fact, IMO, loving Caylee requires that she help bring Caylee's nurderer to face the consequences of what she did, even though it is her own daughter, spawn of satan. 
ITA -- I shudder to hear her testimony as a duhfense witness.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear Cindy say she suspected that George was molesting Casey, but that she didn't have proof or courage or some reason that she didn't confront him.  I suspect all of the Anthonys are in this scam and it might even have originated with them and not Baez.
We've got a three year history with the Anthonys, nothing they do would surprise me.  No, wait, every time I say that, I do get surprised.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
_icey_
Scared Monkey

« Reply #349 on: June 15, 2011, 10:48:09 AM »

plus it never came out that they buried their animals with a heart shaped sticker and everyone was saying that the state was only saying that it was the tape that killed caylee but now linda said the chloroform too so thats good
Yes I heard that and wondered why they hadn't tied that in together before until now. 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: June 15, 2011, 10:49:30 AM »

Linda just said the relationship between Cindy and Casey would be the motive!!!!!!
Did I miss something. There was no evidence put in about Cindy and kc relationship

There was testimony by Amy (cruise ship employee) that Casey had told Amy, her Mother Cindy was crazy.  etc. She went on to explain ICA'S demeanor in the vehicle after the three of them left Tonys.   

Plus the brief references to Cindy's Myspace entry, what was said on the jail visit videos & the 911 calls speak for themselves.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: June 15, 2011, 10:50:01 AM »

DePaulNewsroom DePaul Newsroom
#DePaul's Andrea Lyon discusses Casey Anthony case with CNN's Anderson Cooper. http://t.co/KbqTGTe

http://twitter.com/#!/DePaulNewsroom

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: June 15, 2011, 10:50:34 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/june/262939/Day-19:-Prosecution-rests,-defense-wants-court-to-acquit-Casey-Anthony
Day 19: Prosecution rests, defense wants court to acquit Casey Anthony

Casey Anthony in the courtroom during day 19 of her 1st -degree murder trial at the Orange County Courthouse, in Orlando, Fla., Wednesday, June 15, 2011.

Last Updated: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:26 AM
After 19 days and 70 witness testimonies, prosecutors have finished presenting their case against Casey Anthony.
Jurors were in and out of the courtroom in less than five minutes Wednesday morning, and the defense is expected to begin with its case Thursday -- unless it can get the court to acquit the 25-year-old defendant now.
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #353 on: June 15, 2011, 10:50:54 AM »

I don't see where the defense has any choice now but to put KC on the stand and hope she can lie & cry her way to the heart of one juror. She is a loose cannon, but there is NOTHING else. We all know Kronk is not going to help them regardless of how they try to play him. I saw where they had his ex wife listed - She may not like him but she is not going to say anything under oath that is not true. They tried to play it like she said something about duct tape, but in the local paper where she lives, she said that was all a lie. Then we have the son they have said told them Kronk told him about a reward in August. His deposition said NOTHING about that and even denied it. So what are they going to present. I think their BS happy hour is about to come to a close unless they put her on the stand.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: June 15, 2011, 10:51:07 AM »

Cheney is going to try to get the case ended now....that's his forte'.....the way he's handled cases in the past.

Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. He even quoted his own case he LOST and the state Supreme Court upheld the death penalty.

I know..he should have burnt the midnight oil and come up with someone else's case that won..oh wait..the defense thinks their all that..why would they waste time looking through other cases when Mason has so many failures of his own to compare this to.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #355 on: June 15, 2011, 10:52:06 AM »

9:15am Wednesday, June 15, 2011 Court is in session.

One issue before the judge brings the jury in.  The state has an exhibit issue.  They also have a new stipulation.

The stipulation will read that on
July 2, 2008 Casey Anthony got a tattoo "Bella Vita" this is true and accurate for your deliberations.  The state wants to enter two cans into evidence, they contain carpet samples.  They may be used later but any use will have a proffer to it.
Mason wants to know how the jury wanted the heart-shaped item yesterday, if they were not to be talking to each other about this case and were not deliberating.  No instruction will be given.

Jury is coming in.

The judge is reading the stipulation to the jury that Casey Anthony got a tattoo "Bella Vita" this is true and accurate and can be used in your deliberations.  The state just entered the 2 cans into evidence.

Linda says, "At this point, the state rests".  Judge asks for a side bar...side bar is over.

The judge is excusing the jury for the day, they will reconvene tomorrow morning, June 16, 2011 at 9:00am.

Taking up legal matters without the jury present.  Mason handed the court a whole lot of cases and a memorandum.  The cases he cited, the judge is familiar with all but Baugh and Kennedy.  He will read it or Baez can go straight into his argument without him reading it.  The state has already given him theirs on Monday.  He had an opportunity to read the states.

Mason is up........

Wish me luck, he is gonna mumble, lol.  It is established in the jurisprudence in this country, we are entitled to ask for a judgment of acquittal.  The Florida Supreme Court has a law he is citing, he is citing Serrano.  That was one of Mason's cases.  The Supreme Court reaffirmed that there is a special type of review, the motion of judgment of acquittal.  He is going on and on with case law for Judgment of Acquittal.  He is saying this case is based on purely circumstantial evidence.  The circumstantial evidence must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.  He says Dr G. did not follow the law when she said it had to be a homicide based on circumstantial facts.  The state in preventing it's evidence has used the untruthfulness to family and friends and this began with the "Nanny" in 2006.  They don't know when the child died, where she died, how she died, who was with her when she died.  They do not know if it was an accidental death and if anyone helped to cover up an accidental death.  The state has not proven that there was no premeditation if there was a murder at all.  The evidence for a murder must beyond a reasonable doubt, Mason doesn't think the state has met that burden.  There has been in this case no premeditation, just a stacking of incidents, a stacking of evidence.  He is citing the case, Smith, a woman floating in the bay wrapped in chains and a blue bed spread floating around her.  Despite being missing for a long time, she was not reported missing by her husband for a very long time.  The court ruled in that court the state could not prove first degree murder because there was no premeditation, they lowered it to second degree murder.  In this case, we have no cause of death, under than the speculation of Dr. G.  Looks like CJP is not buying any of this, he is making his sour puss face.  Now Mason is talking about his doomed Serrano case.  Nelson Serrano was convicted of the execution style of 4 people, etc, etc.  He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  There was no question to the cause of death but the issue was that Serrano was the shooter, it went on for weeks and weeks and years later it is in the appellate court.  It should reiterate that every reasonable hypothesis should be used to be assured that this case is beyond a reasonable doubt.  He is now talking about a case Linda handed him this morning about Felony Child Abuse making the murder First Degree.  Caylee Marie had no prior child abuse, no broken bones, no bone torquing.  Casey Marie Anthony was a loving, doting mother as seen by all witnesses.  Judge asks him about a case Louis V State, how would Mason square Louis with this.  Mason says Louis is trying to undo it but the law today is Brooks.  He is moving on to Kennedy V State....the Kennedy court said, the standard for aggravated child abuse, it talks about the court making an error in area in not finding out what aggravated child abuse.  The complete definition is that a reasonable parent would not cause the acts that would knowingly cause the child apparent pain and harm.  All the witnesses were asked about torture, discipline any acts at all by the defendant to her daughter.  None were found.  Aggravated child abuse was not found.  To count 3, aggravated manslaughter, it was raised to aggravated because Caylee was young.  The duct tape either being on the child or near the child means nothing. There has been no evidence as culpable conduct on the part of Casey Anthony.  Mason goes on and on and CJP says isn't it a little late in the day for that argument? Mason says they filed motions about Miranda rights but there is another aspect of it.  Mason goes on to say that statements Casey gave LE statements not voluntarily and the jury needs to disregard them.  She was never given Miranda rights even though she was put in a cage and surrounded by LE.  Mason is talking about other cases he has cited for CJBP to read.  The state is required to prove every element to beyond a reasonable doubt and they have not done that. He is citing another case that gave no cause of death.  Where is any cause of death in this case?  This is a special case because of the notoriety and needs to be looked at carefully, there is not enough evidence to prove these charges against Casey Anthony.  Talking about hair in the case now, the Supreme Court in Ballard reversed the judgment of Murder and the Death Penalty, there was not just hair evidence there was bloody evidence and a cause of death.  Talking about a death conviction of Cox, the Supreme Court reversed the conviction that was gained only because of circumstantial evidence.  The death sentence was not just commuted to life but acquitted.  Another case that was a death sentence, reversed to a 2nd degree murder because of no pre-meditation.  If the homicide is not pre-meditated it must not be first degree murder it must be 2nd degree murder.  In this case, this is an accidental death.  He is talking about Serrano and comparing it to the love that Casey had for Caylee.  The state is trying to make this loving relationship into something different.  He is talking about the heart shaped sticker not found close to the body.  The only evidence that any heart shape sticker was poofed by the FBI.  We have no evidence that about that heart shape sticker, the duct tape is questionable, did the duct tape fall down to the mouth?  The only person that had access to the duct tape is the grand father, that is what we learned yesterday.  Now directing his thoughts to case law provided to him by the State of Florida.  Judge Perry is asking him what record of accidental death can the court look at?  Mason says there is none but there is going to be, the state has the burden not the defense.  He is citing law, the state gave him.  In this case the cause of death was not in dispute.  The testimony of the defendant was proven wrong, there was no mystery about the cause of death.  More case law, I think provided by the state.  He isn't making much sense and jumping around and I am having a hard time making sentences out of it, lol.  He is going on about the Serrano case again.  Each case that the state gave him had cause of death.  How was this child killed, where was this child killed, was she killed at all.  He says that he has tried murder cases for 40 years and he knows all of these could have, may have, might of been can not exclude there was no murder at all, there was no pre-meditation, there was no history to establish aggravated child abuse.  All 3 of the first charges are screaming for acquittal.
Mason is done.......

Linda is up.....

The law is the law and while the great portion of what Mason dealt with, he tried to compare those cases to the unique facts in this case.  The cases she gave the court were not given because they were quite similar but because the court must lean toward the State of Florida.  The reason the Serrano Case was in the packet was because the defendants theory of innocence was an alibi.  The state had ample evidence to show Serrano's alibi was lacking.  In this case, the defendant said over and over to everyone that Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales had taken her child.  That was proven never to have occurred.  The fact that the states opening included an accidental drowning changes none of the facts.  Dr G. has stated unequivocally that this was not an accident.  George Anthony has said this did not happen.  This cannot be an alibi compared to the alibi used in Serrano.  Linda is citing a case that the state did not die due to the defendant.  Dr Beaver could not perform a regular autopsy because of advanced decomp but still said it was a homicide.  Hypothesis propounded by the defense, Dr. Beaver said didn't happen because of his knowledge, the grave site and other common sense that it was a homicide.  A reasonable jury can decide that Caylee Marie Anthony died do to the fact that she had 3 pieces of duct tape applied to her nose and mouth, that she died to a high amount of chloroform or a combination of the two.  That Caylee's body was in her mother's trunk.  Casey did provide a motive to eliminate the child.  The state proved that Ms Anthony started to think about killing the child in March when she looked up how to make Chloroform, etc.  The state does not have to provide details of the death, it can be decided upon circumstantial evidence.  The only real case that needs to be decided for Judgment of Acquittal is in the Brooks case in 2005 by the Supreme Court.  The merger doctrine between aggravated child abuse and first degree murder, shaking a child to death could be considered to be aggravated child abuse, the court found the mechanism that resulted in the Dorsey case was more than a single instantaneous act.  Cites another case where a mother drowned her daughter by holding her down in a swimming pool.  Was holding the child a single act of child abuse?  The panels disagreed that the Brooks decision was Dicta.  The other opinions to have to do with this case is Lymm V State, where regardless the language of Brooks, the surrounding acts in Lymm would take it out of Brooks.  More than one hold or grip, did not constitute a single act of abuse.  Since a reasonable jury can conclude that the death of Caylee was by multiple pieces of duct tape, that would not be a single act of abuse. The administration of a poison would also keep it from being a single act of child abuse.  The next thing is premeditation, the question is, can the jury conclude due to Ms. Anthony's computer searches, that this was an intentional act by the defendant to cause the child's death.  There is  no fixed period of time for pre-mediation.  When she put not one but two then three pieces of duct tape over Caylee's face it was pre-meditated.  We request you deny a Judgment of Acquittal.  Linda is done......

Mason is up........

He thanks Linda for bringing up the chloroform.  He says there was no sign of chloroform in her remains.  They tried to prove there was chloroform used on the victim and they could not.  There were not 3 pieces of duct tape wrapped around this child's head, to do with cause of death or anything to do with Casey Anthony.  There is no witness, there is no possession.  There is only George Anthony using that duct tape on a gas can and a command center.  All the computer searches seem to have to do with self defense.  He is saying in the Johnson case, what a world of difference, he did not say that the evidence was based on guessing like Dr. G. did.  If the court will please read Abdul, a case cited by the defense.  They got gas and duct tape to light the victim on fire.  Norton they cited was a gun shot would and that was not establish pre-meditated murder, it goes to show how weak this case is.  Then go to Louis, there is a suggestion in that case that the drowning of holding the victim down is more than one case.  Bad cases do not make good law.  There is no evidence that mother dunked her child more than one time.  In this case there is no evidence that chloroform was used.  All of this is guessing and speculating and not in this country, I hope you look at all this information and come to Judgment of Acquittal.  Mason is done.

The judge says he has spent much time reviewing all the cases cited and the testimony in this case.  He has recessed until 11:15am, today.

Sorry if some of this doesn't make sense, Mason was citing law fast and mumbling and not finishing sentences.

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #356 on: June 15, 2011, 10:52:42 AM »

KC just smiled and winked at Mumbles! 

Thank you for your pictures I'm going to be away all weekend

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #357 on: June 15, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »

Plus the brief references to Cindy's Myspace entry, what was said on the jail visit videos & the 911 calls speak for themselves.

for sure!
I wish the tattoo had said La Bella Vita - the beautiful life. 

beautiful life allows def. to tell the jury Caylee was beautiful in life as a tribute from ICA to Caylee.  which of course we all know is BS!
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #358 on: June 15, 2011, 10:53:55 AM »

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
LDB days the motive would have been rift between mother/ daughter. Cindy Anthony v #CaseyAnthony -jfell

http://twitter.com/#!/CFNews13Casey
And we know that GA and CA were next in line to die as per computer searches.

If they had given her "one more day" as she kept asking this entire case would have had a different outcome because I honestly believe they both would have been dead. Dead witnesses tell no tales.

BBM
Ok..I am going to blame you for my thoughts right now.  Oh how I wish ICA would have been given one more day.  It's all Turbo's fault I said this.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: June 15, 2011, 10:54:03 AM »

DePaulNewsroom DePaul Newsroom
#DePaul's Andrea Lyon discusses Casey Anthony case with CNN's Anderson Cooper. http://t.co/KbqTGTe

http://twitter.com/#!/DePaulNewsroom

She really is on another media tour attached to this case, her excuses repulse me

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.