April 30, 2024, 03:42:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: How many days will the Defense take to present their case?  (Voting closed: June 18, 2011, 03:59:36 PM)
1-2 Days - 9 (7.6%)
2-4 Days - 32 (26.9%)
5-8 Days - 37 (31.1%)
8-10 days - 17 (14.3%)
More than 10 days - 24 (20.2%)
Total Voters: 118

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 19 - 6/15/11  (Read 265597 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: June 15, 2011, 02:12:13 PM »

I lost so much respect for Dr Michael Baden when I found out he was married to her!
I lost respect for him once he changed his tune on facts once his wife joined the DT.  Actually, I don't think I ever had any real respect for him, but did take his word for truth.  Never again. Let the talking heads talk, they all have a personal agenda.  I'll stick to facts.....one reason I love the Sunshine Law.  But I wonder if after this case, things may change back to everything is kept confidential.  I do believe that Casey is getting a fair trial tho.

I sure hope not.  I wish we had it here in Alabama and we are a pretty open state.  Florida seems very proud of their Sunshine Law and it even includes such things as meetings by public officials.

It's the way a truly "open court" system should be, IMO.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: June 15, 2011, 02:12:24 PM »

Casey Anthony trial: Acquittal denied; defense introduces Vasco Thompson
The defense filing in court documents says Vasco Thompson is a 'recently discovered witness through the ongoing efforts of defense investigators'

On the same day Chief Judge Belvin Perry denied a defense motion for acquittal, Casey Anthony's team introduced a new person to the murder case — an Orlando felon with a violent past.

Anthony's defense amended witness list includes the name Vasco Thompson of Orlando.

The defense filing in court documents says Thompson is a "recently discovered witness through the ongoing efforts of defense investigators."

Thompson, according to the filing, "was connected to George Anthony through his cell phone records."

The document goes on to say "Thompson has a violent criminal history and has served a ten year prison sentence for kidnapping."

Thompson refused interview attempts by the defense and called law enforcement when questioned, the document says.

Due to the recently discovered and unexplained relationship between George Anthony and Thompson, their cell phone contact , including four calls on July 14, 2008, and Thompson's "violent criminal history," the defense claims "good cause is shown for the late disclosure of this witness."

The defense has to "depose Mr. Vasco Thompson to determine the existence of relevant admissible evidence in this trial," wrote defense attorney Cheney Mason.

It's unclear exactly how Thompson might play into the defense strategy.

::snipping2::

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/os-casey-anthony-trial-day-19-20110615,0,208035.story

Wait doest OCSO have both George & Cindy's phone records from way back...if this was shown, calls to a jail they would have picked up on it wouldnt one conclude?

Yes! And the he would have been questioned?
Maybe George knew this guy when he was a cop? Tryin to hear word on street?
Maybe he was an informant? Who knows why George called BUT I'm not worried ...

Im not worried in the slightest nor do I think its got any significance to this case in any manner whatsoever other than this defense is attempting to make George Anthony their sacrificial lamb....they will be silenced.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #682 on: June 15, 2011, 02:12:50 PM »

WHAT
OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
Reports show convicted felon Vasco Dagama Thompson added to #CaseyAnthony defense witness list.

Court records show Vasco Dagama Thompson was convicted of kidnapping on March 1988. #CaseyAnthony

Ch.9 reports George Anthony contacted Vasco Dagama Thompson the day before Cindy called about Caylee missing.

https://twitter.com/#!/OSCaseyAnthony

Does anyone know what this is about?  I do not remember this from anything before?
  What--Why would George call a kidnapper- and why would the defence put him on-  I hate to say --this family is nuts

Defence Witness - Vasco Dagama Thompson

Casey Anthony trial: Prosecutors rest case; judge denies defense request for acquittal
Updated: 1:09 p.m. Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Posted: 5:47 a.m. Wednesday, June 15, 2011

<snipped>

Reports show the defense team filed a motion to add convicted felon Vasco Dagama Thompson to their witness list. Thompson was convicted on kidnapping charges in March 1988.

WFTV-Channel 9 reported that George Anthony had contacted Thompson a day before Cindy Anthony called the Orange County Sheriff's Office to report Caylee's disappearance.

<snipped>

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/casey-anthony-trial-prosecutors-rest-case-judge-denies-1540678.html

I am not sure the judge will allow this, at this stage, after the state rests.   OMG, they are surely reaching.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Girlzrock
Scared Monkey

Next year, boyz....

« Reply #683 on: June 15, 2011, 02:13:06 PM »

Can the jury not look at, touch, hold, whatever any of the evidence that has been entered or does it just sit there in the boxes or envelopes that we've seen entered? I don't understand that!!    

They can do anything they want. They can handle all the evidence.
please explane if they are not suppose to talk about the case-how can they decide to  look at evidence know they can do what ever they want when the case is over--but u have to talk about the case to ask for evidence-just curious

My take on it is the monitors for the jurors were not turned on / working when the evidence was initially shown.  They asked to be able to see it, which they were allowed to do.  I don't believe that means they were discussing the case, unless it was something like:  "Did YOU get to see that piece of evidence?  My monitor wasn't working...."
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: June 15, 2011, 02:15:21 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28246219/detail.html
Mark Lippman, the attorney representing the Anthony family, said George Anthony does not know Thompson and has never heard his name.

The Casey Anthony defense team recently sent an investigator to talk to Thompson, but he would not cooperate.

the defense is calling him to testify because he wouldn't talk to them in the first place.

Loca
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #685 on: June 15, 2011, 02:15:49 PM »

Case No. 1991-CF-001638-A-O

Charges: THOMPSON, VASCO DAGAMA  Statute Level Date
1.   CONCEALED WEAPON  790.01 Third Degree - Felony 02/12/1991
2.   CR-POSSESS FIREARM CONCEAL WEAP BY CONVICT FEL  790.23 Second Degree - Felony 02/12/1991

Case No. 1991-CF-003833-A-O

1.   BATTERY  784.03(1)(A)(1) First Degree - Misd 04/09/1991

Case No. 1987-CF-005420-A-O

1.   KIDNAPPING  787.01 First Degree - Felony 07/30/1987
2.   THEFT  812.014 Third Degree - Felony 07/30/1987
3.   THEFT  812.014 Third Degree - Felony 07/30/1987

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6621762
What orifice did the defense pull this guy out of?  Where did he meet this guy? And what cell phone was used?  This is way after Caylee supposedly drowned...Is the defense tryng to say George got this guy to get rid of Cayle's body?  this is precisely what Jusge Perry warned against, trial by ambush.  I can't believe they think they'll get away with this.  Oh, and the ironic thing is the defense kept hammering home the idea that jailhouse snitches are unreliable, (ie Maya Derkovic and Robyn Adams,) but we're supposed to believe this guy.
Ooookaaaay.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: June 15, 2011, 02:15:55 PM »

Since Lyon has crawled out of her cave and is getting air time a blast from the past may be in order.  Wonder if CNN and HLN would be so happy to have her on their shows knowing about the gem of a recording of hers?

WFTV-Channel 9 played audiotapes of Lyon speaking to local attorneys.

WFTV's Kathi Belich summed up the highlights: "She bragged about being thrown out of courtrooms. She said judges are only worried about voters and called them ugly. She called jurors killers. She called victims' advocates awful, and worse, for interfering with her efforts to make inroads with a murder victim's relatives. And Lyon made a very crude comment about female prosecutors and their femininity after calling them uncivilized."

Belich broke up that litany by inserting Lyon's cutting comments on those points. Lyon's audience could be heard laughing. Belich later said that Lyon wouldn't talk to the station about the audiotapes.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said of Lyon's comments, "It is certainly not something that a true professional, whether you're defense or a prosecutor, really tries to do."

Belich also previewed another report at 6 o'clock on Lyon's comments that could explain the attorney's approach in the Anthony case. "She tells lawyers to get emotional, make jurors feel guilty and make up theories," Belich said.

In that report, Belich explained that Lyon "calls jurors killers, tries to delay trials as long as she can and drags out closing arguments as long as she can."

Analyst Sheaffer explained Lyon's approach as "I don't care how I win as long as I win."

On an audiotape, Lyon can be heard telling local lawyers about manipulating jurors: "I want this jury to feel it. I want them to feel guilty. I want them to be worried about what they're going to say to their pastor."

In another bit of audiotape, Lyon can be heard demonstrating how to turn on the dramatics to win over jurors. "That old closing argument of Andrea Lyon's sounds suspiciously like a scene from the romantic comedy 'Notting Hill' starring Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant," Belich said.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/11/casey-anthony-wftv-offers-audio-of-defense-attorney-andrea-lyon-blasting-judges-jurors-female-prosec.html
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: June 15, 2011, 02:16:25 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/28246132/detail.html
Casey Trial: Who Is 'Lawyer Gaga'?
Defense Attorney Gets Twitter Nickname
Gabe Travers, WESH.com
POSTED: 12:34 pm EDT June 15, 2011
UPDATED: 1:03 pm EDT June 15, 2011

Attorney Whitney Boan (left in the background), who has come to be known as "Lawyer Gaga" on Twitter.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28246132/detail.html#ixzz1PMzEl6Ks

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #688 on: June 15, 2011, 02:19:14 PM »

WHAT
Reports show convicted felon Vasco Dagama Thompson added to #CaseyAnthony defense witness list.

Court records show Vasco Dagama Thompson was convicted of kidnapping on March 1988. #CaseyAnthony

Ch.9 reports George Anthony contacted Vasco Dagama Thompson the day before Cindy called about Caylee missing.

Does anyone know what this is about?  I do not remember this from anything before?
  What--Why would George call a kidnapper- and why would the defence put him on-  I hate to say --this family is nuts

Defence Witness - Vasco Dagama Thompson

Casey Anthony trial: Prosecutors rest case; judge denies defense request for acquittal
Updated: 1:09 p.m. Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Posted: 5:47 a.m. Wednesday, June 15, 2011

<snipped>

Reports show the defense team filed a motion to add convicted felon Vasco Dagama Thompson to their witness list. Thompson was convicted on kidnapping charges in March 1988.

WFTV-Channel 9 reported that George Anthony had contacted Thompson a day before Cindy Anthony called the Orange County Sheriff's Office to report Caylee's disappearance.

<snipped>

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/casey-anthony-trial-prosecutors-rest-case-judge-denies-1540678.html

I am not sure the judge will allow this, at this stage, after the state rests.   OMG, they are surely reaching.
Why wait till NOW? Isn't it too late as they had a deadline?
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: June 15, 2011, 02:19:26 PM »

Mark Lippman, the attorney representing the Anthony family, said George Anthony does not know Thompson and has never heard his name.

The Casey Anthony defense team recently sent an investigator to talk to Thompson, but he would not cooperate.

the defense is calling him to testify because he wouldn't talk to them in the first place.

And there ya go!    There is no way the Anthonys are going to lie thru their attorney over something like this.   If there was contact and it was innocent of this trial it would have been explained thru their attorney at this time.

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #690 on: June 15, 2011, 02:20:09 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/28246132/detail.html
Casey Trial: Who Is 'Lawyer Gaga'?
Defense Attorney Gets Twitter Nickname
Gabe Travers, WESH.com
POSTED: 12:34 pm EDT June 15, 2011
UPDATED: 1:03 pm EDT June 15, 2011

Attorney Whitney Boan (left in the background), who has come to be known as "Lawyer Gaga" on Twitter.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28246132/detail.html#ixzz1PMzEl6Ks

Thanks, Trimm. I've been wondering who she is.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: June 15, 2011, 02:20:26 PM »

Maybe it was Casey contacting the convicted felon.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #692 on: June 15, 2011, 02:20:33 PM »

But the defense said she drowned by accident.  Are they now gonna claim she was kidnapped?  It is impossible to follow the thought process in this case!

The defence is all over the place.  What is perfectly ... George is the defence's sacrificial lamp.

Janet

All the prosecution would have to imply is that KC had access to George's cell phone.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #693 on: June 15, 2011, 02:20:58 PM »

HUH?  Don't both sides have to depose a person before questioning can take place on the stand?  Especially since the State rested their case?  I know they are deposing the grief counselor Sat. afternoon, but that person is for the sentencing phase.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: June 15, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »

Since Lyon has crawled out of her cave and is getting air time a blast from the past may be in order.  Wonder if CNN and HLN would be so happy to have her on their shows knowing about the gem of a recording of hers?

WFTV-Channel 9 played audiotapes of Lyon speaking to local attorneys.

WFTV's Kathi Belich summed up the highlights: "She bragged about being thrown out of courtrooms. She said judges are only worried about voters and called them ugly. She called jurors killers. She called victims' advocates awful, and worse, for interfering with her efforts to make inroads with a murder victim's relatives. And Lyon made a very crude comment about female prosecutors and their femininity after calling them uncivilized."

Belich broke up that litany by inserting Lyon's cutting comments on those points. Lyon's audience could be heard laughing. Belich later said that Lyon wouldn't talk to the station about the audiotapes.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said of Lyon's comments, "It is certainly not something that a true professional, whether you're defense or a prosecutor, really tries to do."

Belich also previewed another report at 6 o'clock on Lyon's comments that could explain the attorney's approach in the Anthony case. "She tells lawyers to get emotional, make jurors feel guilty and make up theories," Belich said.

In that report, Belich explained that Lyon "calls jurors killers, tries to delay trials as long as she can and drags out closing arguments as long as she can."

Analyst Sheaffer explained Lyon's approach as "I don't care how I win as long as I win."

On an audiotape, Lyon can be heard telling local lawyers about manipulating jurors: "I want this jury to feel it. I want them to feel guilty. I want them to be worried about what they're going to say to their pastor."

In another bit of audiotape, Lyon can be heard demonstrating how to turn on the dramatics to win over jurors. "That old closing argument of Andrea Lyon's sounds suspiciously like a scene from the romantic comedy 'Notting Hill' starring Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant," Belich said.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/11/casey-anthony-wftv-offers-audio-of-defense-attorney-andrea-lyon-blasting-judges-jurors-female-prosec.html

She is twisted evil herself being willing to put that guilt on others while defending the scum of the earth that HAVE KILLED

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: June 15, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »

HUH?  Don't both sides have to depose a person before questioning can take place on the stand?  Especially since the State rested their case?  I know they are deposing the grief counselor Sat. afternoon, but that person is for the sentencing phase.

Yes, both sides & this is more bunk and bull that will be shut down

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #696 on: June 15, 2011, 02:22:42 PM »

And there ya go!    There is no way the Anthonys are going to lie thru their attorney over something like this.   If there was contact and it was innocent of this trial it would have been explained thru their attorney at this time.
What makes me smile is that after the defense called him, he called law enforcement.  It makes me conclude there might have been something threatening about the defense tactic.  I see Jeremy Lyons fine hand in all this.  Sleazeball trying to dig up sleaze.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #697 on: June 15, 2011, 02:23:02 PM »

WHAT

For one, lets see if this guy that's the stand.
Two..you think cindy and george were thinking of having Caylee taken from kc at that time?
That's my thought on this matter.

Exactly what I thought if this is somehow true.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #698 on: June 15, 2011, 02:23:20 PM »

Yea how do they know it was George. How long was the call! Maybe he dialed the wrong #! Haha

Remember Baez asked vass about his facebook, and he said I've never had one! Hahaha

Imo Baez does not do his homework..
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #699 on: June 15, 2011, 02:23:38 PM »

Nice one.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.