March 28, 2024, 03:55:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patrick Oliveri, Sex Offender caught by victim  (Read 11572 times)
festa
Scared Monkey

« on: July 21, 2006, 08:47:06 AM »

This isn't a missing persons case, but I wanted to post this here since some of the missing have been abducted by sex offenders.  This is a great story of a victim not been victimizing any further.  She took matters into her own hands and found this guy and had him arrested.  Good for her.  Hopefully he'll spend some "quantity" time in jail and less time out on the streets to further harm others.  Although this time it was exposing himself, (luckily she suffered no physical harm) he has previous arrests and who knows what else this creep would have done (or has done and wasn't caught)

Victim Tracks Down Sex Offender

(CBS) WEST BABYLON 39-year-old Patrick Oliveri was a registered Level 2 sex offender. Sunday evening he allegedly exposed himself to Kimberly Sheehan and her friend Rosanne Hill.

Hill said, "He just continued doing it with a big smile on his face like he was he was enjoying the fact that he completely scared us. I was like oh my god! I was so scared, so scared."

The West Babylon women were parked in the driveway of a friend's house on Sheffield Avenue, when Oliveri allegedly jumped out of a neighboring wooded area wearing nothing but his birthday suit. The women said the whole incident lasted just a few minutes then he threw on his clothes and sped off on a bike.

Today Oliveri is behind bars because of Sheehan's sleuthing. Like a modern-day Nancy Drew, the 20-yr-old turned to the internet, and by entering local zip codes into the state's sex offender website, she found a photo of the man she recognized as the flasher. She drove past Oliveri's North Babylon house, spotted him in the yard, and called police.

Lt. James Maher, of the Suffolk County Police said, "The fact that she helped us identify him, that was a productive thing, we got him off the streets, so he can't commit any other crimes...the only thing I would caution, I don't want vicitms to confront suspects."

Oliveri was charged with public lewdness and arraigned today. According to state records, he spent six months in jail and five years on probation in the 90's on a first-degree sex-abuse conviction. His latest alleged victims said they hope this time, his jail time sticks.

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_201182516.html
JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

Great Story!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 10:56:01 AM »

Good for her!  

Now if only the court can find a way to put this animal behind bars for good.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.