April 25, 2024, 11:01:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #599 4/11 - 4/13/2007  (Read 144212 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #780 on: April 13, 2007, 10:54:59 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "Lala'sMom"

OT is Puma here I have a vegetarian question...maybe you guys can help me.  I need to know what kind of sandwiches vegetarians can eat?  What are the limits?

Lettuce, Tomato and Mayo sandwich. Laughing   YUM Rolling Eyes

If they're among the vegetarians who eat eggs, sliced hard-boiled eggs work nicely on San's suggestion, too. Just eggs on toast, too.

Also, grilled cheese ... or even not grilled cheese sandwiches. PBJ or PB & honey. Pimento cheese (homemade is light years better than store-bought).

I'm not a vegetarian, but I know several ...

If they don't eat cheese or eggs, there's always cucumber sandwiches. I wouldn't have thought those would be good, but I've had to eat several in England, and they're really not bad.

I Stand With The Girl
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #781 on: April 13, 2007, 10:55:14 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
BTW who is Zoltan and where does he post?  Wink

OT is Puma here I have a vegetarian question...maybe you guys can help me.  I need to know what kind of sandwiches vegetarians can eat?  What are the limits?

Zolton = {{self edit}} and he has a blog like Easy does.

email me if you want info

smklaasend@hotmail.com

Never mind...I winked when I asked.  You should have known I was smart enough to figure it out.  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: April 13, 2007, 10:55:40 AM »

Posted by MF at FOB:

FOXNews is heading to Aruba too.... to celebrate 2 years of their hike in ratings for three months, I mean to cover Natalee's disappearance.
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #783 on: April 13, 2007, 10:55:42 AM »

Even though I'm not a Veg and am a fan of Red Meat  (Raise my own from birth to death ) Organic fed .
  Try the following >> Water cress , Cucumber,  Tomato, lettuce . Water chestnut, Macaroni  almost any kind of Pasta makes a great sandwich.
refried Bean On Bread or tortillas , Onion  Vidalias are the best  purple are a close second , with or with out cheese  your preference.
  Hope this can give you some ideas  .
  Ol Jer from Ohio   Very Happy

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: April 13, 2007, 10:57:02 AM »

Is mayo okay?

Well, that's an interesting question. Strictly speaking, real mayo contains eggs and if your vegetarian eschews eggs, real mayo is out ...

... but "all of my vegetarians" do eat eggs.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: April 13, 2007, 11:02:24 AM »

Lala's - Don't know what age you're working with for the sanwiches, but consider veggie submarine or pita pocket. Use anything you might put in a salad.

If you're not sure about the mayo, use olive oil and maybe wine vinegar.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #786 on: April 13, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »

Thanks guys.  Now don't you guys laugh, this is absolutely true...my daughter's honors class is taking a filed trip this Sunday...to study cemeteries.  Yes, that is what I said...cememteries.  The instructor is an anthropology professor and they have been studying the cultural differences that deal with burials and death and the way people treat their deceased loved ones.  So she volunteers to bring lunch...so I am thinking chicken salad sandwiches would work...my kid doesn't like red meat at all.  Then she tells me that two of them are vegans.  Well I am trying to keep everyone happy and make the trip enjoyable.  That is why I asked.

Someone give me a quick pimiento cheese recipe, please.  I never considered pasta.  Thanks Jerry.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #787 on: April 13, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »

Thanks guys.  Now don't you guys laugh, this is absolutely true...my daughter's honors class is taking a filed trip this Sunday...to study cemeteries.  Yes, that is what I said...cememteries.  The instructor is an anthropology professor and they have been studying the cultural differences that deal with burials and death and the way people treat their deceased loved ones.  So she volunteers to bring lunch...so I am thinking chicken salad sandwiches would work...my kid doesn't like red meat at all.  Then she tells me that two of them are vegans.  Well I am trying to keep everyone happy and make the trip enjoyable.  That is why I asked.

Someone give me a quick pimiento cheese recipe, please.  I never considered pasta.  Thanks Jerry.

Publix has great pimento cheese.  It's in the dairy case near the other cheeses.  Easier than making it yourself.  I can visualize the container...blue trim on the lid.... tasty stuff.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #788 on: April 13, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »

BTW when I told her I didn't know what vegetarians could and couldn't eat my brilliant child said..."Oh Mom!  Go ask the monkeys.  They know everything."  I kid you not!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #789 on: April 13, 2007, 11:12:05 AM »

BTW when I told her I didn't know what vegetarians could and couldn't eat my brilliant child said..."Oh Mom!  Go ask the monkeys.  They know everything."  I kid you not!

She IS smart.

And monkeys do know all.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #790 on: April 13, 2007, 11:12:41 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Lala's - Don't know what age you're working with for the sanwiches, but consider veggie submarine or pita pocket. Use anything you might put in a salad.

If you're not sure about the mayo, use olive oil and maybe wine vinegar.

Pitas!  That's a great idea. My daughter is right. You guys do know everything.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: April 13, 2007, 11:13:50 AM »

My mother taught me to make pimento cheese - she used a large tea strainer  Exclamation  to "mush" the cheese, but it is acceptable, even "normal" to grate or shred it.

About 1/2 pound sharp cheddar, grated
4 oz jar of pimento - drain and chop fine
Salt & Pepper to taste
Dash of cayenne
Some folks put sweet pickle cubes

Mix all of the above well, mushing the cheese - use a fork.

Then add 1/3 cup mayo and continue blending until it is fairly smooth.
Let it chill so the flavors develop.

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: April 13, 2007, 11:16:14 AM »

Msmarple - that sounds like the exact recipe my mom uses.  Good stuff.

Ya'll are making me so HUNGRY!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: April 13, 2007, 11:16:30 AM »

Good Morning, Monkeys,

Lalas,

Vegans = a vegetarian who omits all animal products from the diet.  

I have a son who is one of those.  No dairy products for him!  Makes planning a family dinner a real adventure!

He is raw vegan besides but will eat bread and cooked veggies but only if they require it to be consumed such as green beans, legumes, etc.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #794 on: April 13, 2007, 11:16:59 AM »

If FOX is headed back to Aruba will this be a Greta thing again?  Can she ever go back there anymore?   Gosh!  I really want this to not be what I think is about to happen...then again...maybe this is a good thing.  When the attention dies down...that is when the suspects and the witnesses will need to be looking over their shoulders.  Run Deepak! Run! Robots train will be coming for you!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #795 on: April 13, 2007, 11:20:29 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Good Morning, Monkeys,

Lalas,

Vegans = a vegetarian who omits all animal products from the diet.  

I have a son who is one of those.  No dairy products for him!  Makes planning a family dinner a real adventure!

He is raw vegan besides but will eat bread and cooked veggies but only if they require it to be consumed such as green beans, legumes, etc.

Oh dear.  I hope these two aren't that strict.  Okay I will make chicken salad. Pimiento cheese ( thanks for the recipe) and veggie pitas.  What do you guys think?  I will only use olive oil in the veggie pitas.  If I use pita bread and whole wheat maybe I will be good there.  Now, what about side things such as potato chips?
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #796 on: April 13, 2007, 11:20:29 AM »

Anna - does your son eat mayo? Or maybe fake mayo?

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #797 on: April 13, 2007, 11:21:43 AM »

If FOX is headed back to Aruba will this be a Greta thing again?  Can she ever go back there anymore?   Gosh!  I really want this to not be what I think is about to happen...then again...maybe this is a good thing.  When the attention dies down...that is when the suspects and the witnesses will need to be looking over their shoulders.  Run Deepak! Run! Robots train will be coming for you!

I bet there is an interview with the Sloots.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #798 on: April 13, 2007, 11:25:17 AM »

I bet there is an interview with the Sloots.

I bet you are right.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #799 on: April 13, 2007, 11:26:20 AM »

Lala's - just wanted you to know that the recipe is one of those you can fiddle with a lot - some folks put minced onion and all sorts of stuff. My mother primarily made it for my dad, who liked to keep things simple ...

... but I guess I'm also saying that it doesn't have to be exactly a half pound of cheese, or 1/3 cup mayo, etc. - add the mayo in stages, until it looks and feels right.

Can't imagine potato chips wouldn't be okay. Potato, vegetable oil ...

Something like grapes is a good side, too. Lots of kids really like carrot stix, too.

I was laughing last night about your T-ball adventures. It's about anything but the ball! Very entertaining for the parents, too!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.