April 24, 2024, 11:28:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "...billion-dollar business of trucking illegal migrants"  (Read 2031 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 14, 2011, 10:38:34 AM »

X-ray machines at checkpoints in southern Mexico are capturing the ghostly outlines of a clandestine business worth billions a year...

...migrants, who pay anywhere from $7,000 to $30,000 for passage, depending where they start.

The United Nations estimates that smuggling migrants across Mexico's border with the U.S. alone is a $6.6 billion business annually, compared to an estimated the $10 billion to $29 billion in illegal drug running. The migrant smuggling estimate doesn't include another $1 billion paid by thousands of non-Mexicans to cross from Guatemala and travel north, according to a 2010 U.N. report on transnational crime.

The 513 people apprehended Tuesday in two trailers in the state of Chiapas, bordering Guatemala, represented at least $3.5 million in cargo. Another trailer filled with 219 people was discovered in January.

I wonder how many $3.5 million dollar trucks cross the border every day?

read more here - http://www.newser.com/article/d9napljo0/mexico-x-ray-machines-expose-billion-dollar-business-of-trucking-illegal-migrants.html

How long does it take an illegal to recoup that money working, collecting welfare, tax refunds, and Obamacash?

Millions from one truck?  Each human worth $30,000?  Where are they getting the money for their ride across the border?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 10:41:56 AM »

“As far as I know, this is the first time we’ve seen such big numbers, but it does confirm what we already knew,” said Antonio Mazzitelli of the regional U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime. “There are more and more people coming from all other regions of the world using the Central American and Mexican corridor to reach the North American market.”

While the majority of migrants found Tuesday were Guatemalan, there were also Indians, Nepalese and Chinese.

The harder the trip, the higher the price. Guatemalan officials, who estimate 300 to 500 undocumented nationals cross the border each day into Mexico, say those migrants are paying double what they did two years ago, as much as $10,000 for the hope of gaining work in the United States.

...“This business is being facilitated by the same governments that do not have comprehensive immigration policies and that throw migrants into a business (that is) in the hands of organized crime.”

read more here - http://www.elsalvador.org/embajadas/eeuu/prensa2.nsf/aac7d56ca8fd884b852563be00610639/3472674ca224e3fc85257895006a60c5?OpenDocument

Is the dollar so cheap that so many more are coming?  Where are they getting the money to pay for their trip?  Why aren't they investing their money and working in their homelands?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »

"Mexico returns 400 of 513 migrants found in trucks"

TUXTLA GUTIERREZ, Mexico (AP) — Mexican au­thor­ities returned about 400 migrants to their native Guatemala Wednesday, a day af­ter they and 113 oth­er migrants were found hidden in­side two trail­er trucks.

Of­ficials of Mexico's National Im­migration In­stitute said the 113 migrants still be­ing held are from nations that don't share bor­ders with Mexico or are Guatemalan minors or women who require special treat­ment.

The 400 Guatemalan migrants were returned to their country in air-con­ditioned buses Wednesday, a stark con­trast to the swel­tering, overcrowded trail­ers where they were found.

read more here - http://www.ongo.com/v/962232/-1/A89EF3CF2A236C56/mexico-returns-400-of-513-migrants-found-in-trucks

Why aren't they giving these 'immigrants' Mexican citizenship, welfare, and job permits?

How is it possible Mexico can return these immigrants a day after they are apprehended? 

Did these 'immigrants' get a liberal Mexican rights lawyer?  A cash settlement for having their 'rights' violated?

Why is it so hard to return illegal 'migrants' to the US?  Why not use the Mexican standard and return them the next day? 

How hard can it be if Mexico can do it?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.