April 18, 2024, 01:32:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #600 4/13 - 4/15/2007  (Read 168080 times)
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2007, 12:45:11 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Patti,
Dompig drives one of the few Mercedes on the island.   Rolling Eyes Being a member of ALE must pay very well considering his divorce, kids, etc.

I think he found out just how very lucrative the security business can be from his bud von Cromvoirt, especially if you have the right collection of photos and vids taken of just the right people, these elders reported in Dario long ago. The ones having sex with underaged girls, remember that article?

I wonder what a nice collection of that sort would insure for one or could be done with such a collection.  I would think for sure one could keep delinquent sons out of jail.

Teepees would fall if word got out and somebody might even go to jail.  Several somebodies depending on the collection, etc.

Yes, I would think the security business pays very well.  That has always been my theory of why this was never properly investigated and prosecuted.  Too many had too much to lose should all be revealed.  Paulus had control of something he could hold over the heads of the right people.

,JMO.

Yep... I think you did nail that one.  

You quote Shango and I hope he's right, because Shango says that the
walls of the palace will become straight and that Babylon will fall.

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2007, 12:46:39 AM »

There is just no telling what a security camera in the right hotel room might record.  Say a room reserved for locals especially?  With all these sleazy people in security, I would be afraid to stay at a hotel there for fear of coming home and finding myself posted on the internet or something!

What about that guy who set his cell phone to record the woman in the shower in this country?  The whole world has lost its collective mind!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
crazybabyborg
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2007, 12:49:08 AM »

Klass? Are You Here?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2007, 12:51:19 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Klass? Are You Here?

Yes  Wink
crazybabyborg
« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2007, 12:53:22 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Klass? Are You Here?

Yes  Wink

I've been trying to get a tail to cooperate for two hours. If I post the components in the avatar thread, will you see what you can do? Tomorrow's fine: I know it's late, but I'm not willingly going to give up!  Laughing
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2007, 12:54:05 AM »

THE WONDERS OF MODERN TECHNOLOGY...

We wonder why cellphone cameras are so popular. About 80% of the use of those cameras (my guesstimate) is illicit. They are used as everything from "marital aids" to crime accessories.

Digital cameras are also wildly hot these days, because any image captured by them need not be exposed to the sight of a developer. This manifests all KINDS of possibilities.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2007, 12:54:33 AM »

Klass? Are You Here?

Yes  Wink

I've been trying to get a tail to cooperate for two hours. If I post the components in the avatar thread, will you see what you can do? Tomorrow's fine: I know it's late, but I'm not willingly going to give up!  Laughing

Sure!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: April 14, 2007, 12:55:07 AM »

Quote from: "sb"
THE WONDERS OF MODERN TECHNOLOGY...

We wonder why cellphone cameras are so popular. About 80% of the use of those cameras (my guesstimate) is illicit. They are used as everything from "marital aids" to crime accessories.

Digital cameras are also wildly hot these days, because any image captured by them need not be exposed to the sight of a developer. This manifests all KINDS of possibilities.

Yup
crazybabyborg
« Reply #228 on: April 14, 2007, 12:55:16 AM »

Klass? Are You Here?

Yes  Wink

Sure!

Oh good! I'll get right to it then!  Wink
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #229 on: April 14, 2007, 12:59:42 AM »

Anna, I worry about hidden cameras in hotel rooms in more places than just Aruba. Housekeeping in most hotels is a very lightly-governed group of people and there are all kinds of things they can pull if motivated to do so.

Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #230 on: April 14, 2007, 01:00:45 AM »

There is just no telling what a security camera in the right hotel room might record.  Say a room reserved for locals especially?  With all these sleazy people in security, I would be afraid to stay at a hotel there for fear of coming home and finding myself posted on the internet or something!

What about that guy who set his cell phone to record the woman in the shower in this country?  The whole world has lost its collective mind!

I went on a trip to Mexico one year.  Me, my sister, a friend and her teenage daughter.  I think that we were watched through some kind of camera system in our room.  It took a while for us to catch on.  The guy responsible was a man that managed the restaurant that I found out later was a coke freak.  Anyway, after being there a couple days and sorta socializing with him as he would reserve the restaurant and bar area after closing and let us go down there and drink and play pool... it got to the point that the minute we would get up in the morning, he'd call.  As soon as we got back to the room from an outing, he'd call... he was stalking us, well me.  I'd answer the phone and peak out the window and he'd be in the pool area, sitiing at a table,  with the phone to his ear looking up periodically toward my room...  It got to the point where within 30 seconds of waking up in the morning, the phone would ring.

Anyway... We got out of there, fast... well sorta.  We went to the lobby to meet a cab and he shows up.  He sat up there asking us why we were leaving, before our planned stay was complete and we made up some kind of excuse about an emergency and having to go back to the U.S.  Anyway, after like an hour and a half... which is unheard of in Mexico to have to wait for a cab, one shows up.  We had him take us to another Hotel... and guess who called.  We had to change Hotels again.

It was weird... and left me with a feeling of total vulnerability.

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #231 on: April 14, 2007, 01:00:59 AM »

Thanks, Klaas,
Yellow is Robot's fav color and he missed the boots so I found a yellow outfit with the Uggs and he's not even here!  Typical male!   Rolling Eyes  Very Happy

Speaking of missing in action, what happened to Ono and SuseBear?  And I hope Sunfreak is not ill again.  Did Ono just disappear?   Shocked   I have seen Susebear reading late at night a few times but she doesn't post.

Sad

We are supposed to get three to four inches of rain and all manner of storms tomorrow and Sunday.  I hate when they start talking about it days ahead!  Makes me dread it more.

Glad to see my IBE is OK!  

Behind again..
 Anna you do look cute as heck  in that outfit!   Love the way you change your outfits!!  Smile
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: April 14, 2007, 01:03:03 AM »

Patti,

They network.

This is what happened in Aruba, basically.

These guys are ALWAYS on the prowl for girls.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2007, 01:04:14 AM »

Patti - that's creepy  Shocked
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: April 14, 2007, 01:07:09 AM »

Heading out now for bed... Patti, that kind of story must be a dime a dozen and I'm glad y'all caught on before anything happened.

Someone in here told us about a guy one time in London who tried to enter her room at night... was it CBB?

Anyway, see y'all tomorow evening.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #235 on: April 14, 2007, 01:07:51 AM »

Quote from: "Patti"

I went on a trip to Mexico one year.  Me, my sister, a friend and her teenage daughter.  I think that we were watched through some kind of camera system in our room.  It took a while for us to catch on.  The guy responsible was a man that managed the restaurant that I found out later was a coke freak.  Anyway, after being there a couple days and sorta socializing with him as he would reserve the restaurant and bar area after closing and let us go down there and drink and play pool... it got to the point that the minute we would get up in the morning, he'd call.  As soon as we got back to the room from an outing, he'd call... he was stalking us, well me.  I'd answer the phone and peak out the window and he'd be in the pool area, sitiing at a table,  with the phone to his ear looking up periodically toward my room...  It got to the point where within 30 seconds of waking up in the morning, the phone would ring.

Anyway... We got out of there, fast... well sorta.  We went to the lobby to meet a cab and he shows up.  He sat up there asking us why we were leaving, before our planned stay was complete and we made up some kind of excuse about an emergency and having to go back to the U.S.  Anyway, after like an hour and a half... which is unheard of in Mexico to have to wait for a cab, one shows up.  We had him take us to another Hotel... and guess who called.  We had to change Hotels again.

It was weird... and left me with a feeling of total vulnerability.

Shocked  Sorry you had to deal with that  Sad
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #236 on: April 14, 2007, 01:08:46 AM »

Hello Monkeys.
Hope all stay safe from the storms you are having this weekend.

Gee, Angie you must be feeling bad.  Hope you get better very soon and also get some sleep.  How is your Gramma?

Patti - if you are still here - it may be an idea to go on to Fox News website and then to Greta's section where you can go to her archives.  She and her newshounds were in Aruba in the early days while most of this was happening and there should be some reference to most of the incidents.

Anna, love the yellow Uggs.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2007, 01:09:33 AM »

Nite SB
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2007, 01:10:10 AM »

SB:

What do you mean by networking?

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: April 14, 2007, 01:11:19 AM »

It is creepy!!  I just hate to stay in a motel or hotel any more and the first thing I do is look all around especially in the bathroom for holes in the walls and things like that.  Of course, with things so cleverly disguised these days, one would never find it!

Yes, cell phones or rather camera phones, video phones are being used in very "creative" ways!  And I am not clever enough to even use one to take simple photos!  But some even photo your credit card information when you use it in stores.

I know there has always been crime but predatory behavior really seems to be on the rise for whatever reasons.  Really scary and I would be fearful to go much of anywhere alone even at my age.  I am glad I don't have a daughter sometimes.  Other times, not, however.   Wink But if I had one, would hate to let her out of my sight!  Bad enough for boys but girls are so often the targets these days.

Sad commentary on our times.  After I look for holes in the wall or cameras, I spray everything with Lysol, too, lol!!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.