April 19, 2024, 03:50:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DAILY PRAYERS NEEDED FOR NONESUCHE'S HUSBAND  (Read 48467 times)
lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2006, 03:02:24 PM »

Our Father in Heaven,
I pray today for a family I do not know.  In the darkest hours of their own crisis, they have become a beacon for many.  They are a family of faith, bearing their burdens in dignity and, as the Apostle Paul described, "are fighting the good fight".

I ask today, Father, that this family be blessed.  That they know that others share their burden, and pray for them many times a day.  May they have the peace and solace of loving family and friends at this difficult time.  May they have the comfort of the Holy Spirit, and the strength to endure that comes with knowing and accepting Thy will.  May they know that others weep for them and with them.  May the angels surround them and give them peace for as long as the need remains.  

I pray in the name of our dear Savior, Jesus Christ,

Amen
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2006, 03:05:33 PM »

Nonesuche and family I'm not good at sadness so I hope you understand my words..  When I need to find answers and comfort I go to the ocean and sit in total darkness..I love silence, stillness, total darkness. The darkness is one of the things I love about the ocean. I'll go sit on the beach at night on a moonless night and look out over the water and there's nothing but blackness. It's very soothing to me. Another thing I love about the ocean is that it's so immense. You can't see the end of it. It goes on forever. There's something there that appeals to me.  So tonight I will goto the ocean and sit there and will bring you and Mr. nonesuche with me..  What age do you and Mr. Nonesuche remember yourselves as?  I have a theory that when people reach a certain age (it's different for everyone, I think), they always think of themselves as that age in their minds, even though their bodies age. I'm explaining that poorly, I know. Or maybe it advances in increments as one ages, I haven't figured that out yet. I think my brain stopped remembering my age when I turned about 35, at least that's the age I always think I am before I stop to think about it.   Well I better go and just know that you and mr nonesuche has a date to sit with me over looking the ocean.
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2006, 03:48:48 PM »

More wildlife stories--there is a large flock (gaggle?) of white sand pipers that hang out where I live because there is a man-made pond on the property. Today I didn't see them, so I looked around for them and found them playing in the lawn sprinklers. They were all standing under the spray of the sprinklers, spreading their wings and dancing around, looking for all the world like a bunch of children enjoying the cool shower..Umm I think I might join them..  Remember the time I put the picture of a snake up that was on the French Door to the outside and wanted to know if anyone knew what type it was.. I think it freak out a lot of people having the snake on the blog and it was kinda funny and I really didn't do it on purpose.. I'm glad that you and Mr. Nonesuche enjoyed my stories,  I think thats why people hired me at work, so I can tell them stories about my weekend..  I was told today at lunch that I sound like Marven the martian because I have a sore throat..  They wanted me to leave voice mails messages so they could listen to me later on.. I guess I should be upset but I think with this cold, I do sound like Marven..  "In direct violation of the Neptune accord, you shot off a vast array of quaint lower life forms"..  So if you get a voicemail and the person sounds like Marvin the Martian, its just me...
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2006, 04:47:05 PM »

Sistah,
  I have been praying for you guys endlessly. God Bless you all.
I love yah sistah.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2006, 05:36:27 PM »

None,  Please know that you and hubby have been in my prayers, and that I continue to pray for you and your family. You and your hubby have endured so much this past year, and I pray that God will continue to guide you through his plan. Your hubby is a very lucky man to have you by his side, this much I know. God bless you both, and your family.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2006, 06:04:23 PM »

None -
Lexie's prayer covers all of my sentiments.  I don't have the eloquence to express how much I have and will be praying for you and indeed your entire family.

(HUGS)))

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2006, 06:10:53 PM »

I am so sorry and heartbroken for all of the Nones.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2006, 07:00:49 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with the None Family.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2006, 08:41:26 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

I’d stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/i/t/g/itgarden.htm

Thank you Tyler for posting this...  I'm glad to see you here.

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2006, 08:44:59 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
None- I am so sorry that this had to happen to all of you.  Much love and prayers as you go through this trying time just know that there are many here to offer you all love, friendship and support.

Thank you for coming here for None and her husband, Mermaid...

We miss all the Monkeys...  I hope you all come back home soon.

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2006, 08:55:03 PM »

thanks for the inspitational postings snoopy,tyler,bt and frijole!!
i know they comforted me!
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2006, 09:06:23 PM »

{{{hugs}}} None.... hi... My prayers are with you and yours...

I was crying before when I started praying the Chaplet of Mercy for Mr. None...

But, as I sat there, I looked at Jesus on the crucifix on the Rosary Beads in my hands.... that Rosary came from Medjugorje, Croatia ~ a place that is very special to Jesus and Mary right now...

So I asked Mary, my Heavenly Mom, to go meet your husband with that prayer in her hands...

Under my tears a smile slowly broke, as I imagined him seeing her, walking towards him with the flowers of that prayer in her hands, coming up to him to place a sweet kiss of welcome on his forehead...

I hope Mr. None tells her "hi" for me...

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2006, 09:07:29 PM »

Quote from: "thecuz"
thanks for the inspitational postings snoopy,tyler,bt and frijole!!
i know they comforted me!

Hi Cuz ~ I've missed you ~ thank you for being here for None...

tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2006, 09:11:46 PM »

None, I know there are many angels gathered around your family, along with the prayers and love of many monkeys.  It is a time of feeling helpless and  also of accepting God's will, when we realize we are totally in His hands, and He will take care of us.  

Amen to Lexie's beautiful prayer.  

Tylergal, that is my favorite hymn next to Amazing Grace.  I have a recording of Elvis singing it and it is truly beautiful.  And BT, I loved what you posted.

Sigh.  I'll always be behind.
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2006, 09:13:14 PM »

Tylergal and FlyingMermaid, it is good to see you here and I hope you will join us back in LCD as well.  We need you.

Sigh.  I'll always be behind.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2006, 09:14:38 PM »

Quote from: "KatzHome"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

I’d stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/i/t/g/itgarden.htm

Thank you Tyler for posting this...  I'm glad to see you here.

This hymn has been circling my brain these past days.  I heard it at every funeral I attended of every single relative on both sides.  And I love it.  May I commend Lexie on her fabulous post.  It sums up the feelings and hopes and prayers of so many of us.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2006, 09:24:11 PM »

May an angel in heaven
                   bless your life
                       with sunny days
                              and starry nights.

May he play for you
         a gentle song
                and guard your heart
                 from dusk till dawn.

You know how I feel and you know that above all you are special to me.
rockyroads
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2006, 01:31:37 PM »

Dear Lord, Please take all of the None's into your loving arms and wrap them with peace and love. We never know the reasons that we suffer in our earthly bodies, but I know you take our spirit and we live with joy and love in your presence for all eternity. Please Lord, if you must take Mr. None's earth body at this time, I know he will be at peace in your presence.  Lord I ask you to help this family with their loss of their loved one. The loving family that is left behind are the ones that are in pain and grieving. Please give them strength to endure and let them find strength in the love and memories they cherish of their lives together. Let the knowledge that we will all be together in your arms never to suffer again, be of comfort to this family in the days, months and years to come. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Respectfully, rockyroads
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2006, 09:16:11 AM »

It's taken me until today to gather my strength to read this particular thread once again. Thank you to all who supported us with prayers during his illness and subsequent death.

I've discussed with others who have lost family to cancer and it does seem to place you in a form of inertia, I think because you focus your will and entire being toward healing that when that outcome isn't there -- it is a struggle to accept that alone, much less losing those you love so dearly.

My daughter and I talked last night about how important it was that he go with love, she was very brave and stayed with him and myself until the end. The image of her laying her head next to his for hours is one that comforts me. His oncologist wrote that without our love this journey would have been unbearable for him, which is what I am trying to focus on now, just the wealth of love we all shared.

It's slow going though, somedays it's a mammoth effort just to rise from sleep and walk through the day, but we are trying. Thank each of you for giving of yourselves and sharing this journey with us. It is a gift you give to others, and a gift we feel honored to have had.

God bless all the monkeys.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2006, 12:01:14 PM »

We love you None.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.