April 30, 2024, 10:01:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #601 4/15 - 4/17/2007  (Read 170069 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: April 16, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »

I'm reading that Oduber's son who was accused of attempted rape is:

Nelson "Chito" Oduber
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #541 on: April 16, 2007, 01:48:28 PM »

Quote from: "MuffyBee"
This shooting at Virginia Tech is just terrible.  I wonder how long before we get crazies doing copy cat shootings at another University?  This is just so scarey!  I have a son at college and it just strikes fear in my heart that something like this happens.

I am in your shoes as well as many other monkeys here.  I just don't want to think about it, but I have to.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #542 on: April 16, 2007, 01:49:35 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Nelson "Chito" Oduber

Do we have an age...I know you are trying to find it...I can hear the wheels turning all the way from California.  Laughing
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: April 16, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »

They are now saying 32 killed at Virginia Tech and 21 wounded.  (fox)

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: April 16, 2007, 01:57:35 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Quote from: "klaasend"

Nelson "Chito" Oduber

Do we have an age...I know you are trying to find it...I can hear the wheels turning all the way from California.  Laughing

I have the info somewhere on him, will check.  May take a bit, I'm trying to work too.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #545 on: April 16, 2007, 02:06:46 PM »

This is just the strangest thing at Va Tech, as there was a 2-hour difference from the first spate of shootings to the next, or did I hear something wrong?

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: April 16, 2007, 02:09:57 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
This is just the strangest thing at Va Tech, as there was a 2-hour difference from the first spate of shootings to the next, or did I hear something wrong?

I heard the same thing but I still think there's alot of confusion.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: April 16, 2007, 02:28:39 PM »

Also heard maybe the shooter just blended in between the two shootings.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #548 on: April 16, 2007, 02:36:14 PM »

the two buildings are maybe 10 minutes apart on foot, Norris Hall if I'm not mistaken is the largest and one of the newest buildings on campus or was when we visited - very distinctive architecture and a flagship for the engineering program

son has five high school classmates there and I just cannot imagine the horror those students, faculty & staff and parents have endured today

I continue to stand with the girl.
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #549 on: April 16, 2007, 02:38:07 PM »

Been searching for Kock's statement about K2 & Joran leaving CnC's & making another stop. This is what I found. Seems I remember it being said it was a bar not a restaurant??

http://tinyurl.com/2g2yrw

<snip>

Satish Kalpoe's attorney, David Kock, said his client told him that van der Sloot asked the Kalpoe brothers to pick him up Sunday night so he could meet up with Holloway and her classmates at Carlos'n Charlie's, a popular watering hole in the capital, Oranjestad.

They said they left the bar around 1:30 a.m. with van der Sloot and an intoxicated Holloway in the back seat, then stopped briefly at another restaurant about a block away before heading out of town, Kock said.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #550 on: April 16, 2007, 02:42:54 PM »

Quote from: "yapperz1"
Been searching for Kock's statement about K2 & Joran leaving CnC's & making another stop. This is what I found. Seems I remember it being said it was a bar not a restaurant??

http://tinyurl.com/2g2yrw

<snip>

Satish Kalpoe's attorney, David Kock, said his client told him that van der Sloot asked the Kalpoe brothers to pick him up Sunday night so he could meet up with Holloway and her classmates at Carlos'n Charlie's, a popular watering hole in the capital, Oranjestad.

They said they left the bar around 1:30 a.m. with van der Sloot and an intoxicated Holloway in the back seat, then stopped briefly at another restaurant about a block away before heading out of town, Kock said.

Nice find!! I remember in the TV interview Kock gave a reason why they stopped..I only saw it once so I forgot what he said..I beleave it was to see if a friend was working that night or they were gonna have more drink's but the bar was closing..

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: April 16, 2007, 02:49:24 PM »

Hiya *******..Welcome to the cage!!

Them stopping after leaving CnC's makes me wonder where Freddy was working??

ARUBA
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #552 on: April 16, 2007, 02:56:29 PM »

Quote from: "yapperz1"
Hiya *******..Welcome to the cage!!

Them stopping after leaving CnC's makes me wonder where Freddy was working??

Hi!! Thanks for the welcome..

I wonder where he was working as well..That would make sense if they stopped at his place of work as we know he was around that night as well.

I searched high and low for the kock interview..Its not out there!! I'm leaning on it was a greta interview in his office as he went through the events after C&C..

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #553 on: April 16, 2007, 02:57:21 PM »

Trying to speed read ...

yapperz - thanks for the post mentioning the "walnut salad" and is that something McDonald's makes? (Or even Waldorf salad, for that matter, considering that may be a mistake - walnut/waldorf.) It's something msmarple makes when she can't eat the apples fast enough ...

Waiting for klaas to complete her report on Nelson Chito Oduber ...  Laughing  If it was a boyfriend/girlfriend breakup, not quite as suggestive of the "take the girls home" scenario I pounced on.

Virginia Tech - What on earth? In one story I read, they don't think the dorm shootings and the classroom shootings are related ?? And there was a bomb threat earlier this month??

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: April 16, 2007, 03:00:54 PM »

Yapperz,
Good find on the Waldorf Salad.

Apparently, McDonalds offered an apple/walnut salad at that time and it was reported that Paulus bought one.  Also some commentary on a receipt with time stamp being found, I thought, just from memory, it was found in one of their cars.

But the source for this is highly questionable as RWV had what Dan deemed as trolls who posted all kinds of things like this.  "Blacklabel wants a tomato sandwich!"  Just nonsensical things like that.  Often at the end of the day or before archiving a thread, he would delete all of them from those whom he deemed as trolls.  And that could be just about anybody on any given day.

Later this was picked up by some of the prophesy sites and I think even the Coffee Pot Ghost made mention of the salad.

I have no way of knowing one way or the other if there was ever a walnut salad involved in any way.  Just another of those thousands of small details mentioned in passing by parties unknown.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #555 on: April 16, 2007, 03:09:52 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Yapperz,
Good find on the Waldorf Salad.

Apparently, McDonalds offered an apple/walnut salad at that time and it was reported that Paulus bought one.  Also some commentary on a receipt with time stamp being found, I thought, just from memory, it was found in one of their cars.

But the source for this is highly questionable as RWV had what Dan deemed as trolls who posted all kinds of things like this.  "Blacklabel wants a tomato sandwich!"  Just nonsensical things like that.  Often at the end of the day or before archiving a thread, he would delete all of them from those whom he deemed as trolls.  And that could be just about anybody on any given day.

Later this was picked up by some of the prophesy sites and I think even the Coffee Pot Ghost made mention of the salad.

I have no way of knowing one way or the other if there was ever a walnut salad involved in any way.  Just another of those thousands of small details mentioned in passing by parties unknown.

Was this salad picked up at the 11PM time or the 4 AM time? Or maybe even earlier?  I guess we don't know that answer.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: April 16, 2007, 03:17:35 PM »

OMG has the world gone crazy or what?  My heart is broken for those involved in the shooting in VA.  Such madness!  

Also wanted to say HI!!!!!!! to ******* - welcome to the cage.  I hope you will like it here.  I venture out to the FP once in a while and have seen your posts.   Glad to have you here.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: April 16, 2007, 03:22:45 PM »

There also was some discussion as to when Joran emailed RWV about removing his pic.
I found this:

http://tinyurl.com/2brzqo

Thursday, June 09, 2005
Natalee Holloway Suspect May Have Contacted Blogger Hours Before Arrest
UPDATE: A reader suggested pinging the IP associated with the emails. I am afraid I am not a techie but I did manage to do this. The emails originated at SLBH/SETAR ARUBA SPRINTLINK.

The reader provided image at right is said to picture, left to right Satish K, Joran Van Der Sloot, and Deepak K the three men arrested today in the Natalee Holloway disapearance.

The Dutch suspect, Joran Andreas Petrus Van Der Sloot, a student at Aruba International School, came out of his home in the upper-class neighbourhood of Oranjestad on Thursday with his head covered in a blue-and-green towel. Police identified the Surinamese brothers only as Satish and Deepak K.

The face of Van Der Sloot is blurred in keeping with a commitment made to an emailer from last night who claimed to be Joran Van Der Sloot. Prior to altering the image, it was indeed Van Der Sloot as I have come to see him through his now down tickle.com website.

I'm well aware that today's age of Internet communication allows for anyone to pretend to be whomever they wish through anonymous emails; however, if I had reason to suspect it was not Joran who emailed, I would not make this report. But, in all candor, I have no way of absolutely confirming the identity of the emailer.

As was once displayed here, this blogged contained an image of Joran Van Der Sloot after the image seemed to be taken down from its original location at Current Affair. While I am sure the image appears elsewhere, the emailer claiming to be Van Der Sloot politely requested that the image be taken down out of respect for his privacy stating it was one of the few remaining he could find, that he was only 17 and that he didn't want to see his face plastered all over CNN. He also stated that he hoped to one day travel to the US to continue his education, presumably at the college level.

My initial response was to request verification of his identity, however without waiting to hear back I wrote the individual again after dropping the image and stated it was a sign of good faith and asked if he could communicate with me. I also said that I felt I understood some aspects of his position, that there is much he could not and should not say, but felt that at the same time there may be some things he could and should perhaps say given all the reports of his involvement. I was surprised when the emailer responded and was fully prepared for it to be a total sham - which admittedly, it could still be.

He stated that he had created a Hotmail account specifically for requesting the image be taken down, that he would not mind communicating if he could but that he would not be able to do so without first talking to his Father.

Late last night I wrote back and suggested that anything he did choose to share should first be reviewed by his Father, purportedly a Judge, and also an attorney.  My email went out just a few hours prior to the six AM arrest of the three suspects and I have not heard back from the account since.

ARUBA
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #558 on: April 16, 2007, 03:23:26 PM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
OMG has the world gone crazy or what?  My heart is broken for those involved in the shooting in VA.  Such madness!  

Also wanted to say HI!!!!!!! to ******* - welcome to the cage.  I hope you will like it here.  I venture out to the FP once in a while and have seen your posts.   Glad to have you here.

On days such as this I wonder.  Hi Kimmy.
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #559 on: April 16, 2007, 03:28:21 PM »

Another old post from RWV (same link)

Van der lsoot says to the security guard that was jailed “that they left him at his house with natalee still in the car he exchanged emails with her and they took off (leaving JOran at home). The story is somethign that the 3 boys made up at home by the pool” adn now other kids also said that on monday Joran walked out into the woods by the school and stayed a while…maybe that was the 2 boys teling him about the “story”to tell?? and also here on aruba it is known that the cousins of the 2 Kalpoe boys are “dangerous” people who knows if they have soemthign to do with this?? They own a car rental here and they say they moved to aruba because they were bad in suriname and apparently they are moving form aruba to the US now
Posted by: AMINA | Monday, June 13, 2005 at 01:20 PM

ARUBA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.