April 30, 2024, 03:34:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #601 4/15 - 4/17/2007  (Read 170041 times)
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #700 on: April 17, 2007, 12:08:46 AM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Anna"
LOL, Klaas,
Always thought that '87 photo of Posner was a bad perm!  I don't think he has curly hair, JMO, from looking at possible photos, and is gray by now?  Of course I guess they have dye in Aruba but think he would have professional barber.  That hair in the photo is a mess!

I think that is a very young person sitting at the table for some reason, straight posture, thin arms etc.?

Laughing  Laughing  Yep, it could be a perm  Laughing  Laughing But it could be natural too.

Looks natural and he's ugly.

See what I mean... he was even ugly back then, Oh I have to shut up and start behaving here...but...but....its hard Laughing  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: April 17, 2007, 12:11:37 AM »

I think I scared everyone off with my Posner picture, lol  Laughing
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #702 on: April 17, 2007, 12:13:13 AM »

ROFLMAO!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: April 17, 2007, 12:13:20 AM »

It's going to take a lot more than that to scare me off Laughing
crazybabyborg
« Reply #704 on: April 17, 2007, 12:14:12 AM »

Hey guys. It's been a busy and sad day. Blacksburg is 2 hours away from me. John's nephew is a student there. We were able to send a couple of therapists there for an undetermined time period. The networks and parents have filled all available lodging and there was a lot to work out. What a sad, sad tragedy.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #705 on: April 17, 2007, 12:15:21 AM »

Quote from: "San"

It's going to take a lot more than that to scare me off Laughing
Say! After seeing all the pictures we have seen in the last two years.. Shocked  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: April 17, 2007, 12:16:28 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Hey guys. It's been a busy and sad day. Blacksburg is 2 hours away from me. John's nephew is a student there. We were able to send a couple of therapists there for an undetermined time period. The networks and parents have filled all available lodging and there was a lot to work out. What a sad, sad tragedy.

It's so sad. I heard on the news a bit ago that they are wondering now if this shooter WAS the one who made the bomb threats.  That he may have been testing the security.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #707 on: April 17, 2007, 12:16:40 AM »

I am still in shock over it, very sad!!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #708 on: April 17, 2007, 12:17:41 AM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
O/T  the guy who did all that shooting today at Virg. Tech. was a Chinese student, studying here on a student Visa.... so sad, I am watching Nightline here

Me 2

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: April 17, 2007, 12:20:55 AM »

San,
Hideous!  

What I tried to do was look at Aruban photos of things Posner was reported to have attended or participate in and look for a common denomnator face.  I think I selected the wrong one as this is even uglier!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #710 on: April 17, 2007, 12:21:23 AM »

Glad to hear this...I can see that the students who were in harms way and others will need someone to talk to.  Tragedy is an understatement..

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

crazybabyborg
« Reply #711 on: April 17, 2007, 12:22:47 AM »

Blacksburg is the sort of place you send your kid to for a really top notch education in a very safe place. It's just a rural, beautiful area, with lots of natural beauty and not much else other than VT. The usual businesses that cater to the college kids, but hardly a party town. It's very tranquil, and lots of areas that remind you of Mayberry. A lot of the most popular activities for the students are "outdoorsy": hiking trails, picnic areas, etc. It's just hard to imagine.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #712 on: April 17, 2007, 12:24:18 AM »

I just couldn't come up with anyone that had that type of hair in all the pics.....we don't scare off that easy or we'd be gone long ago.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #713 on: April 17, 2007, 12:27:16 AM »

Blacksburg is the sort of place you send your kid to for a really top notch education in a very safe place. It's just a rural, beautiful area, with lots of natural beauty and not much else other than VT. The usual businesses that cater to the college kids, but hardly a party town. It's very tranquil, and lots of areas that remind you of Mayberry. A lot of the most popular activities for the students are "outdoorsy": hiking trails, picnic areas, etc. It's just hard to imagine.
crazybaby, I know what you mean...Two weeks ago was the one year anniversary of the school shooting near me. The Amish schoolhouse shooting. I am starting to fear that disturbed people who want to make a name for themselves on the "way out" are choosing our schools to do this in? We need better security, it is a crying shame..that we live in a world that has come to this
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #714 on: April 17, 2007, 12:27:31 AM »

Local kid, friend of my sons went there...lost his brother 2 yrs ago in Iraq and still has friends there.  Regardless, it's just sickening....my DH was thinking how kids can't even go to school safely anymore.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #715 on: April 17, 2007, 12:32:21 AM »

Quote from: "yapperz1"
There also was some discussion as to when Joran emailed RWV about removing his pic.
I found this:

http://tinyurl.com/2brzqo

Thursday, June 09, 2005
Natalee Holloway Suspect May Have Contacted Blogger Hours Before Arrest
UPDATE: A reader suggested pinging the IP associated with the emails. I am afraid I am not a techie but I did manage to do this. The emails originated at SLBH/SETAR ARUBA SPRINTLINK.

The reader provided image at right is said to picture, left to right Satish K, Joran Van Der Sloot, and Deepak K the three men arrested today in the Natalee Holloway disapearance.

The Dutch suspect, Joran Andreas Petrus Van Der Sloot, a student at Aruba International School, came out of his home in the upper-class neighbourhood of Oranjestad on Thursday with his head covered in a blue-and-green towel. Police identified the Surinamese brothers only as Satish and Deepak K.

The face of Van Der Sloot is blurred in keeping with a commitment made to an emailer from last night who claimed to be Joran Van Der Sloot. Prior to altering the image, it was indeed Van Der Sloot as I have come to see him through his now down tickle.com website.

I'm well aware that today's age of Internet communication allows for anyone to pretend to be whomever they wish through anonymous emails; however, if I had reason to suspect it was not Joran who emailed, I would not make this report. But, in all candor, I have no way of absolutely confirming the identity of the emailer.

As was once displayed here, this blogged contained an image of Joran Van Der Sloot after the image seemed to be taken down from its original location at Current Affair. While I am sure the image appears elsewhere, the emailer claiming to be Van Der Sloot politely requested that the image be taken down out of respect for his privacy stating it was one of the few remaining he could find, that he was only 17 and that he didn't want to see his face plastered all over CNN. He also stated that he hoped to one day travel to the US to continue his education, presumably at the college level.

My initial response was to request verification of his identity, however without waiting to hear back I wrote the individual again after dropping the image and stated it was a sign of good faith and asked if he could communicate with me. I also said that I felt I understood some aspects of his position, that there is much he could not and should not say, but felt that at the same time there may be some things he could and should perhaps say given all the reports of his involvement. I was surprised when the emailer responded and was fully prepared for it to be a total sham - which admittedly, it could still be.

He stated that he had created a Hotmail account specifically for requesting the image be taken down, that he would not mind communicating if he could but that he would not be able to do so without first talking to his Father.

Late last night I wrote back and suggested that anything he did choose to share should first be reviewed by his Father, purportedly a Judge, and also an attorney.  My email went out just a few hours prior to the six AM arrest of the three suspects and I have not heard back from the account since.

KLAAS, Stay with me on this one, OK?

do you remember a time when Dan was going to have a large break-through in the case and Red & Tom had posted it here.  It was early on in the case, very early on and Dan kept saying 'in a few more minutes, a few more minute.'  Daylight came and still that break-through was not posted as to his insider information about who killed Natalee.

This was the night that he made contact with Joran & Paulus, and the Scubajap and the Witch with the broomhair were the mediators.  Am I the only one who remembers this occasion?

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: April 17, 2007, 12:32:52 AM »

O/T

I hope our northeastern monkeys are all safe as well,  Maine is getting pummeled with snowfall still even right now.  Power outages reportedy rampant.   Shocked

And I am sure many are watching coverage of the tragedy at VT.

It is just overwhelming to think about.  We are not prepared for anything like these kinds of attacks at all.  I don't know if it is possible to prepare but at least they need a plan and a way to shut down the campuses quickly.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
crazybabyborg
« Reply #717 on: April 17, 2007, 12:34:57 AM »

Whether it's the Amish school, Columbine, or VT, I just do not understand why someone who wants to "check out" of this life feels the right to take innocent people they don't even know along with them.

I'll remember the families and friends tonight in my prayers. Kids in the prime of their life, with all the promise of their future just snuffed out. That's the essence of the tragedy with Natalee, too.

I'm done with the O/T. Thanks for the endless monkey patience.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #718 on: April 17, 2007, 12:35:19 AM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
I cannot provide a link but I do remember something in the initial stages of the investigation regarding Deepak stating that they made a quick stop at a club called Mambo Jambo after leaving C&C's. I know that I questioned myself at the time to why he would made a quick stop at this club.

Janet

That was also what Kock the attorney said, same as where Dash said they had other students.  That's my recall also.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: April 17, 2007, 12:36:56 AM »

Quote from: "NM"
Hey *******, Welcome to the inside. I've ssen you on FP, which I mostly just read, and June05 rwv.

I did not realize dombpig's sompany was is israel!  Not a connection I would have guessed.

Dompig's son listed his religious choice as Jewish on his my space page, and as I recall I asked Klaas if she thought he might be related to the Scubajap since she had defended Dompig so vehemently.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.