April 30, 2024, 11:43:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #601 4/15 - 4/17/2007  (Read 170074 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: April 17, 2007, 01:11:10 AM »

Quote from: "IBE"
a couple months ago my dog went through the peeing, drinking lots of water and you could see in his eyes he wasn't feeling well. I had changed dog food (dry) but now am doing Purina. I had a can of cat food on the list I had bought for my cat as a treat around Christmas... never opened it and the one for the dog was on the recall list too. I feel very lucky that I was lazy.. or whatever, it was not to open those cans.

It's getting harder and harder finding dog/cat food. Sorry Anna. I hope it works out better for you and your doggie family!

IBE - to my knowledge...so far, no Pedigree product is involved in the recall.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: April 17, 2007, 01:12:10 AM »

From the Pedigree website:

Dog lovers,

We would like you to know that PEDIGREE® Food For Dogs is not a part of the recent nationwide pet food recall initiated by Menu Foods and other companies. The safety of products not involved in the recall was validated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on March 23, 2007. According to the FDA, pet owners should feel confident feeding unrecalled products to their pets. All of our PEDIGREE® products remain a safe, nutritious and delicious way to feed your best friends.

Menu Foods does not make PEDIGREE® dry or wet Food For Dogs and there is no melamine in our wet or dry products.

As dog lovers ourselves, the safety and nutritional quality of our food is our top priority, and you should continue to feel confident feeding our food to your dog.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #742 on: April 17, 2007, 01:16:51 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Single source is bad, both in software and dogfood.

Variety is good, both in software and dogfood.
Carnut, you must admit that this whole dogfood thing has hit so many varieties that one doesn't know where to go anymore. My Furry friends are part of my family, two dogs here... and do not want to harm them, especially when feeding them and thinking we are doing a good thing for them.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #743 on: April 17, 2007, 01:18:58 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
From the Pedigree website:

Dog lovers,

We would like you to know that PEDIGREE® Food For Dogs is not a part of the recent nationwide pet food recall initiated by Menu Foods and other companies. The safety of products not involved in the recall was validated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on March 23, 2007. According to the FDA, pet owners should feel confident feeding unrecalled products to their pets. All of our PEDIGREE® products remain a safe, nutritious and delicious way to feed your best friends.

Menu Foods does not make PEDIGREE® dry or wet Food For Dogs and there is no melamine in our wet or dry products.

As dog lovers ourselves, the safety and nutritional quality of our food is our top priority, and you should continue to feel confident feeding our food to your dog.
I hope it stays safe too! This is what I have given my doggies. Once in awhile, they got something else...but not any more. (Other than a snack from mommy's plate)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #744 on: April 17, 2007, 01:20:31 AM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
Single source is bad, both in software and dogfood.

Variety is good, both in software and dogfood.
Carnut, you must admit that this whole dogfood thing has hit so many varieties that one doesn't know where to go anymore. My Furry friends are part of my family, two dogs here... and do not want to harm them, especially when feeding them and thinking we are doing a good thing for them.

Yes, there is a lot of fear on the subject and the pet food companies are reacting with an abundance of caution by recalling everything that could possibly involved.

The best you can do is feed you pet a variety of foods, even a variety in each bowl full so that pet won't be getting 'only' food that might be 'bad'.
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: April 17, 2007, 01:20:40 AM »

I feed my kitties 9 lives and little friskies.  So far neither is on the list.  I buy it at wal mart but I do not use the wal mart brand.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: April 17, 2007, 01:22:09 AM »

There's going to be a lot of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome at VA Tech. It is sooooo sad. Can you imagine having a son.daughter there and wondering if the phone will ring with good or bad news... like those in the military.
I cannot even imagine being one of the parents there right now. Poor CBB is affected by this it seems, and she and John are trying to help out. {{{{{CBB}}}}} Monkey hugs to you!
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #747 on: April 17, 2007, 01:23:30 AM »

There's going to be a lot of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome at VA Tech. It is sooooo sad. Can you imagine having a son.daughter there and wondering if the phone will ring with good or bad news... like those in the military.
I cannot even imagine being one of the parents there right now. Poor CBB is affected by this it seems, and she and John are trying to help out. {{{{{CBB}}}}} Monkey hugs to you!

I cannot imagine either.  I have 2 daughters in college and one that works at a college.  I have talked to all three just to hear their voices!!!
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #748 on: April 17, 2007, 01:33:30 AM »

Quote from: "casa"

I cannot imagine either.  I have 2 daughters in college and one that works at a college.  I have talked to all three just to hear their voices!!!
Aww, I'll bet you did need to talk to them. As, I said, I am still in shock over this I beleive, surreal and all. Some things are so sad, it takes awhile to actually sink in. (With me anyways) I still look back at 9/11, and have a rough time coming to grips with the severity of what happened. It just is so hard to bare these things. I guess that is one of the reasons I feel involved in Natalee's case, At first, she seemed to be a victim of an ordinary crime. That was bad enough. As time went by, it became clear that this was not your typical crime. It became obvious that this was a cover-up. It became obvious that a Dutch Judge (or whatever he is) and his son , and of course protecting Tourism at all costs, are more important than human life itself. Natalee's life.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: April 17, 2007, 01:37:31 AM »

Thanks Klaas!

I mentioned all the suspects very quickly to her and she was very interested how Guido related to the mix... she thought he did it more than Joran... just a quick off the top... not knowing much about all the ins and outs. jealousy

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: April 17, 2007, 01:40:03 AM »

Thanks Klaas!

I mentioned all the suspects very quickly to her and she was very interested how Guido related to the mix... she thought he did it more than Joran... just a quick off the top... not knowing much about all the ins and outs. jealousy

I do think Guido is involved.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: April 17, 2007, 01:43:15 AM »

Thanks Klaas!

IBE and Klaas, so do I. I think he is more involved than originally thought..... Why did he leave so fast? Why have people said they saw deep scratches on his face that week? Why did the prosecution arrest him? Also, when the two years is up for Joran and the K2 bros, will Guido still be a suspect for two years? Two years from his arrest? Remember his arrest was less than a year ago.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #752 on: April 17, 2007, 01:46:27 AM »

Thanks Klaas!

IBE and Klaas, so do I. I think he is more involved than originally thought..... Why did he leave so fast? Why have people said they saw deep scratches on his face that week? Why did the prosecution arrest him? Also, when the two years is up for Joran and the K2 bros, will Guido still be a suspect for two years? Two years from his arrest? Remember his arrest was less than a year ago.
Or will "case closed" absolve all of them, even Guido,GVC....etc etc
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: April 17, 2007, 01:47:19 AM »

Thanks Klaas!

Ah, good point.  BUT, if the case is closed June 1st without going to trial I suspect Guido will be released as a suspect too.  That still does not mean the case can't be opened back up.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: April 17, 2007, 01:48:19 AM »

O/T - what do you guys think of this for FOM?   Laughing  Laughing

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: April 17, 2007, 01:52:24 AM »

Pet-food recall: What you need to know

Update, 4/16: 4,211 pets have been reported as deceased into our Pet Connection database.

Pet-lovers are understandably worried about the massive, voluntary recall of many brands of pet food and reports of pet deaths. New to the site?

http://www.petconnection.com/
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #756 on: April 17, 2007, 01:53:49 AM »

O/T - what do you guys think of this for FOM?   Laughing  Laughing

Klaas, I think she will love that! Very Neat... Very Happy
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #757 on: April 17, 2007, 01:55:56 AM »

Anna how many puppies have you lost due to this horrendous pet food problem?
I hope none! And I hope she doesn't lose any.....Men  Rolling Eyes
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: April 17, 2007, 02:01:21 AM »

GOODNIGHT ALL - Tomorrow I'll be working and lurking again.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: April 17, 2007, 02:01:39 AM »

Anna how many puppies have you lost due to this horrendous pet food problem?
I hope none! And I hope she doesn't lose any.....Men  Rolling Eyes
Carnut, I don't know if you were here at the time, but a lil over a year ago?...Anna had a very ill dog, and it was from something similar to this . It was so sad, the dog needed surgery and emergency pet care and all. We werent sure the dog would make it. They put some kind of life jacket on the poor thing, I think a decompression jacket? I am sure this now a year later must be very scarey for her, as she is taking care of puppies and all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.