April 19, 2024, 12:18:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary Winkler  (Read 8738 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2007, 09:56:27 AM »

Louise thank you, it wasn't easy to do it alone and without child support but we did. Hopefully my children forgive my poor choice in him as their father.

justins I am glad she had you, having someone who believes you and validates your emotions, which is the first step to healing so you played a larger part in her healing than you realize. I tried to drag him to marital counseling for five years, he rarely showed up but I went religiously and that counselor made a lasting difference in my life. As she so often said, the greatest gift a father can ever give his children is to love their mother. It's so simple for that love then resolves so many things doesn't it?

Bobo2, I think the defining point in TN law is whether it was premeditated, at least that's what the legal experts from this week have detailed. Since they concluded it was not and I do believe if there was any premeditation it was in her subconcious for I think she feared her "ugly" as much as we all did when he was shot and killed.  Confused

I continue to stand with the girl.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 04:55:55 PM »

Many women after being told for years they are no good and incapable of doing anything constructive come to believe it and fear trying to support themselves and their children.  

They come to think they could not get an education and do a job.  Often times they are correct for they start trying too late in life to ever be successful in any chosen career.

Their frustration is tremendous.  They feel trapped and forced to endure whatever and that they have no alternative other than being destitute and having children with no father and no income.   Sad

And if they leave, this will all be their fault.  And often children do blame the woman for leaving no matter what the situation.  I have had my own make remarks about whose parents would never get a divorce NO MATTER WHAT and so I get what they are really saying to me.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 02:02:19 AM »

Has anyone seen what will happen re. the matter of the money - the fraud or check kiting or whatever? I think it's about $17,000?

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 09:07:29 PM »

I haven't seen, but my guess is one of two things will happen.

They will sue and may or may not ever get it after she gets out of jail or they write if off?

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 01:34:16 PM »

But - would there be charges?

I mean, if I did something like that, I'm pretty sure I would get arrested for SOMETHING!  Confused

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 01:21:31 PM »

Winkler case: Preacher's wife's right to visit kids upheld

By M&C US News Dec 20, 2007, 17:58 GMT

The Tennessee Supreme Court on Wednesday refused to modify or overturn a lower court's ruling allowing Mary Winkler, convicted of killing her minister husband, visitation rights with the couple's three daughters.

CNN reports that Charles and Diane Winkler, parents of slain minister Matthew Winkler, had asked the court to intervene and revoke Mary Winkler's visitation rights or allow them to proceed only under supervision of a counselor.

The children have been living with their grandparents since their mother was arrested last year.

Winkler has not seen the children in 15 months, said Kay Farese Turner, her attorney. She said her client was "absolutely elated about the news and believes this will be her best Christmas ever."

A jury convicted Winkler earlier this year of voluntary manslaughter in the shotgun death of Matthew Winkler -- not the first-degree murder conviction prosecutors had wanted. She said the slaying came after years of abuse, including physical violence and being forced to dress "slutty" for undesirable sex acts.

Winkler received a three-year sentence, but a judge required her to serve only 210 days, gave her credit for the five months she had already served and allowed her to serve the remaining 60 days in a mental health facility.

She was released in August.

Charles and Diane Winkler have filed a $2 million wrongful death suit against her for their son's slaying.

In September, a lower court granted Winkler visitation with her daughters pending the outcome of the custody battle. The court specified the visits be supervised by a guardian ad litem appointed to represent the children's interests and supervised by members of the couple Winkler is living with or by her sister. A subsequent appeal by the grandparents was denied, leading to their Supreme Court appeal.

CNN reports that the Winklers said if their former daughter-in-law got visitation with the children at all, it should be supervised.
http://news.monstersandcritics.com/usa/news/article_1382468.php/Winkler_case_Preachers_wifes_right_to_visit_kids_upheld

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 07:48:55 PM »

"The Preacher's Wife" - NEW!
Premieres March 24 at 9P
A small town preacher is killed early one morning in his bed, and his wife and three daughters are missing. But the longer police study the crime scene, the more they think that his soft spoken wife, Mary Winkler, wasn't a victim. She is a suspect. And after she and her daughters turn up a few days later, unharmed and 400 miles away, Mary has a surprising story to tell.
http://www.trutv.com/shows/the_investigators/episodes.html#801?link=CTVCL48

Review the story>
http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/family/mary_winkler/1.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 08:57:36 AM »

http://orig.jacksonsun.com/winkler/

The Jackson Sun has a good page for those following the story. Personally, I despise this woman and I believe she belongs behind bars for the rest of her miserable life. She is a liar.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2008, 05:27:07 PM »

8/2/08

Mary Winkler's children will now be living with her

According to WMC-TV in Memphis, Mary Winkler has picked up her children from their grandparent's house with the intention of having them live with her.

A judge approved it without issuing a written court order.

A jury in Selmer convicted Mary Winkler of voluntary manslaughter in the shooting death of her preacher husband Matthew in 2006.

Matthew's parents got temporary custody of the girls when Mary was arrested. Mary Winkler has been in a custody battle since she got out of prison last year.

Winkler will live with her children in Smithville a town outside of McMinnville. They'll stay in a house owned by the preacher who heads the Church of Christ congregation Mary attends.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=61608&catid=2

Comments at the site

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.