April 18, 2024, 04:07:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #860 8/28/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 408495 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2011, 04:54:36 PM »

Was Joran's confession recorded/videotaped?  Who were present?

Janet

++++++

Dutch newspaper says Joran van der Sloot retracted murder confession in death of Peru woman
Updated: Monday, June 21, 2010, 8:20 AM

AMSTERDAM -- A Dutch newspaper that interviewed Joran van der Sloot in his prison cell says he has retracted his confession in the killing of a young woman in Peru.

De Telegraaf says the 22-year-old Dutchman says he only signed papers admitting killing Stephany Flores because he was intimidated during interrogation and had been promised he would be transferred to the Netherlands.

<snipped>

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/06/dutch_newspaper_says_joran_van.html

s.t.

Hi Janet, yes there was a confession, within the 1st nite, upon his return back to Peru, from Chile.  I have seen it on various news sites and it was posted on SM.  Interrogation was in Spanish  by LE and a court appointed attorney present.  Once he retained his own attorny, he backed off his confession, stating there was not a legitimate attorney present,  and he didn't understand Spanish very well, (if you beleive that!)  I would go hunt around for some links, but am at work, getting ready to leave.  I'm sure another kind monkey(s), will locate it faster than I.

Thanks Dihannah1

What you have posted ... I do have backup but ... considering nothing forthcoming from the lips of Joran van der Sloot can be believed ... what I would like to know if there is any official affirmation of his claim that he was promised a transfer to the Netherlands in return for his confession ... something akin to a recording/video/witness.

When it is considered that the case is going forward ... it makes sense that the prosecutor is confident that the confession and/or evidence will convict Joran for the murder of Stephany Flores.

Thanks again Di.  It has been a while.  How are you doing?

Janet

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:05:54 PM by San » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2011, 04:57:23 PM »

SELF-EDIT - MY LAST POST

something akin to a recording/video s/b something akin to a recording/video/witness

I fixed it = San
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:07:33 PM by San » Logged

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2011, 05:21:31 PM »

SELF-EDIT - MY LAST POST

something akin to a recording/video s/b something akin to a recording/video/witness

I fixed it = San

Thanks San

I see ya lurking in the forums but you are so quiet.  I hope all is well.

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2011, 05:40:13 PM »

When you see San lurking, it's one of three reasons:

1.  She is at work and not supposed to be lurking 
2.  She stayed home and didn't want me to know 
3.  She has nothing to say (this is a very rare occurrence as you know  )
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2011, 06:02:32 PM »

I think I get it!!

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2011, 06:19:09 PM »

September 2, 2011 8:47 AM
Van der Sloot murder count: Holloway case impact

<snipped>

CBS' Jan Crawford noted Natalee Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway, has issued a statement saying there is plenty of evidence in this case to back up the murder charge, and she commended authorities for their work. She said in the statement, "Perhaps now, justice will be served."

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/02/earlyshow/main20100881.shtml

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »

September 2, 2011 8:47 AM
Van der Sloot murder count: Holloway case impact

<snipped>

Casarez said there may be some relief for Beth Holloway, but said she must have mixed emotions, because she still doesn't know what exactly happened to her daughter.

"The family of Stephany Flores, I spoke with them yesterday, they're happy formal charges have been filed. They know what happened to Stephany, as horrible as it was, but Natalee's mother doesn't have those answers."

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/02/earlyshow/main20100881.shtml

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2011, 06:48:58 PM »

Statement from Beth Holloway

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Joran Van Der Sloot Charged with Murder
Aired September 1, 2011 - 19:00:00   ET

<snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, just into ISSUES we have a statement on Joran being charged with murder in Peru from Beth Holloway. And I want to read it to you. We just got it.

"God bless the Peru authorities for handling this, thoroughly and professionally. They have faced criticism and threats of lawsuits from the defendant`s side, and they have stuck to their guns. And good for them. It`s clear that there was a mountain of evidence to back up this murder charge, and the authorities did a good job of processing the crime scene and making sure the details were in place so maybe now justice will be served, and maybe the Flores family will have some feeling of relief."

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1109/01/ijvm.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2011, 07:00:17 PM »

One for Stephany and one for Natalee

Familia de Stephany.

Mi pésame y el corazón salen a usted en este tiempo dolorosa. Mantenga Stephany vivo en los corazones siempre como yo la mantendré y su familia en mis oraciones.
Mayo G_d Bendice,

Kermit

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2011, 07:06:47 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2011, 08:03:30 PM »

Aruba Murder Suspect Appealing Extended Jail Stay
Sept. 2, 2011

<snipped>

In the meantime, a source told ABC News that FBI investigators working the case in the United States are struggling to get information from the Aruban authorities. The source said the FBI is considering enlisting the help of international diplomatic channels to try to increase the cooperation of Aruban authorities.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/aruba-murder-suspect-gary-giordano-appealing-jail-stay/story?id=14434350

++++++

Did the FBI consider "enlisting the help of international diplomatic channels to try to increase the cooperation of Aruba Authorities" in the Natalee Holloway case?

Janet

++++++

Never Passed the Ball

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 184: Then FBI agent Bill comes by and delivers the final blow. "The FBI has never received one single document from the Arubans. Not one tape. Nothing." he says sadly. Depite our personal pleas to authorities here and our broadcast appeals to Aruba to let the FBI lend a hand, and regardless of Aruba's public response that it would welcome FBI assistance, the island never let FBI agents in on the investigation. Never passed them the ball. Not even for one minute

No Invitation Extended

Kyle Kingman - In His Own Words

Kyle Kingman
:  The Arubans told us there wasn't anything of interest in the trap based on the visual-only inspection (Dateline and Tim Miller present).

Kyle Kingman:  John definitely believed the Arubans at their every word

Kyle Kingman:  Aruban divers deemed the cage to be not case related, and therefore Aruba had no interest in it.  At that point, I made the statement to all on board that we do have an interest and that we would recover the cage ourselves.  That is when Mos said they would dive on it but it would take 1 -2 weeks for a forensics team to arrive and that he would let Persistence know.

Kyle Kingman:  The FBI said they needed an invitation. I brought it up to Mos and Richardson and they were talking as if it were a possibility along with a Dutch forensic team. Mos said it would take about 10-14 days to have a Dutch forensic team on site. Never heard another word about it.

Kermit/jen3560 - Scared Monkeys

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2011, 08:20:14 PM »

Joran Van der Sloot Officially Charged with Murder of Stephany Flores in Peru

Posted September 1, 2011 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/09/01/joran-van-der-sloot-officially-charged-with-murder-of-stephany-flores-in-peru/comment-page-1/#comment-2674471

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2011, 08:25:44 PM »

Some recent docs in the Kalpoe Dr. Phil case:

Regarding the NFI report on the Skeeters tape.....NOTE:  Internet version obtained from BlogsForNatalee

Wonder why SCRUX is not mentioned here
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2011, 08:27:26 PM »

Schipper Deposition:

Good friends with Dilma Arends

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2011, 08:29:46 PM »

* ROGER REDMOND AKA SCRUX POSTED JANUARY 20, 2006
"i received the recording directly from the Aruba Police Department. I was told that it is exactly what was provided to the NFI (Netherlands Forensic Institute) and verified as having not been manipulated in any way. It was my understanding that the same recording that I received had also been provided (prior to my receiving it) to the major media networks and cable channels, and while some networks broadcast tiny segments (and often misinterpreted those), none of them hosted the entire recording on their websites
http://www.scrux.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=118

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2011, 08:30:54 PM »

Schipper Deposition:

Got interview from Dompig

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2011, 08:32:26 PM »

Schipper Depo - works for ATA, AHATA, Task Force

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2011, 08:39:35 PM »

According to the court document the NFI did not analyze the Dr. Phil Skeeters tape, but a tape from
the internet that they got from BlogsForNatalee.

ARLENE ELLIS SCHIPPER, ARUBAN STRATEGIC COMM. TASK FORCE: Well, it's not what I think, it is what the Dutch forensic institute thinks and what we have also requested the FBI to confirm, which confirmation we haven't received yet. However, the NFI had four investigators separately look at these tapes, and they say that the Dr. Phil show tapes were edited for content in the following order. Just before the word she, there was a cut. And just after the word did, there was a cut. And then they compared it to the CD-ROM that Mr. Skeeters sent the officials, and you have seen that piece, and it says, No, she didn't. And he shakes his head while doing while saying that. 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10295536/ 

SCHIPPER TRIES TO TELL US THIS IS NOT THE ARUBAN TAPE, IT WAS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THE CD ROM THAT MR. SKEETERS SENT TO THE POLICE

SCHIPPER: First of all -- well, he said -- I saw the viewing. I saw the CD-ROM, and he says, No, she didn`t, and he nods his head. He shakes his head no. He
has nonverbal communication confirming his denial. However, I want to set something straight. You keep calling this the Aruban tape. This is not the Aruban tape. 

DIMOND: Where did it come from? 

SCHIPPER: Yes, we sent it to you, but it was taken directly from the CD-ROM that Mr. Skeeters sent to the police here, and that is... 

<snip>
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0512/01/ng.01.html 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2011, 08:41:17 PM »

Kermit - left a little message for you over in Musings 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9150.msg1466314#new
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2011, 08:42:49 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9215.msg1316178#msg1316178

READ THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT ARLENE ELLIS-SCHIPPER WANTS US TO BELIEVE AND THE TRUTH
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9630.msg1352740#msg1352740
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.