March 28, 2024, 07:43:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #860 8/28/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 406991 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #380 on: September 15, 2011, 09:22:17 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: September 15, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »

September 15, 2011 4:15 PM Print Text
Natalee Holloway's dad asks court to declare daughter legally "dead"

(CBS/AP) BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The father of missing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway is asking a court to declare his daughter dead, six years after she went missing during a graduation trip to Aruba.

Dave Holloway, Natalee's father, filed the request in probate court earlier this summer, but court officials said Wednesday it could be months before any decision is reached.
Holloway wrote in a sworn statement that is was his "painful" belief that his daughter is dead and recounted the years spent investigating her baffling disappearance in 2005. He said there was no evidence to suggest Natalee is either alive or that she had run away from home.

Natalee's body was never found despite extensive searches both on Aruba and in the waters off the coast of the Caribbean island.

The request said the teenager didn't have a will and owned about $500 worth of personal property; it did not mention any life insurance policy.

An initial hearing on the request is set for Sept. 23 and state law mandates a second hearing before a decision is issued.

Dave Holloway's lawyer, Karen Hennecy, said Holloway "is seeking closure for this family."

Meanwhile, Natalee's mother, Beth Holloway, said she was surprised her ex-husband filed the request.

"I only learned about this when I was handed the citation by a process server while addressing a large audience at a conference in Georgia," she said in a statement.

A spokeswoman for Beth Holloway declined comment on whether she would oppose the petition

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20106910-504083.html

May 10, 2011 10:02 AM Print Text
Natalee Holloway's mom: She's dead

(CBS News)  Nearly six years ago, Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway disappeared in Aruba.

Her mother, Beth Holloway, has been relentless in her pursuit of the truth in her daughter's case, which is still unsolved.

But on "The Early Show" Tuesday, when speaking about her new Lifetime TV series, Beth Holloway admitted she doesn't think her daughter is alive today

She said she reached the realization after learning of the death of 21-year-old Stephany Flores, allegedly at the hands of Joran van der Sloot in Peru.

She said, "(When) I discovered ferocity in which he murdered Stephany Flores. That put it in perspective for me as to what transpired with Natalee."

<snipped>

Video:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/10/earlyshow/living/parenting/main20061398.shtml

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: September 15, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »

One for Stephany and one for Natalee

Familia de Stephany.

Mi pésame y el corazón salen a usted en este tiempo dolorosa. Mantenga Stephany vivo en los corazones siempre como yo la mantendré y su familia en mis oraciones.
Mayo G_d Bendice,

Kermit

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: September 16, 2011, 01:52:03 AM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20391330,00.html

People Magazine

June 14, 2010

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: September 16, 2011, 01:10:17 PM »

Dave Holloway Asks Courts to Declare his Daughter Natalee Holloway Deceased

<snipped>

Dave Holloway’s lawyer, Karen Hennecy, said Dave “is seeking closure for this family.” However, it appears that his ex-wife Beth Holloway was not aware of the legal proceedings.  That may not be the best direction. Beth Holloway, said she was surprised her ex-husband filed the request.

“I only learned about this when I was handed the citation by a process server while addressing a large audience at a conference in Georgia,” she said in a statement. “I don’t know what this is about, or why Dave is taking this action at this time.”

<snipped>

Posted September 15, 2011 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/09/15/dave-holloway-asks-courts-to-declare-his-daughter-natalee-holloway-deceased/

Steve Holloway forgets that Robin is not Natalee Holloway's mother ... she should not be part of this equation.  The decision to begin the heartbreaking process of declaring Natalee deceased should be a matter between Beth and Dave.

IMO

Janet

++++ 

Comments:

4.  Steve Holloway on September 15th, 2011 12:15 pm

I know this has got to be hard for Dave and Robin to do this. This is the first time I have heard of this, and it needs to happen. Time for the last step in closure and healing.

This is the only way for it to end for everyone that has grown to know Natalee and feels the pain of her gone. God bless to all.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/09/15/dave-holloway-asks-courts-to-declare-his-daughter-natalee-holloway-deceased/

_____

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #385 on: September 16, 2011, 01:35:54 PM »

Dave Holloway was an insurance broker in Meridian, Mississippi, just saying

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: September 16, 2011, 02:50:58 PM »

?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: September 16, 2011, 03:12:24 PM »

?

I agree MuffyBee.

The issue is not whether there is any life insurance policy on Natalee's life.  The issue is not Dave's commencement of the heartbreaking process of declaring Natalee deceased.  After all it has been over six years since his daughter never returned home from her Aruban getaway to celebrate her graduation.  His reasonings listed in the petition are solid.

In my opinion it is all about Dave leaving the mother of Natalee out of the process completely.

Without any forewarning Beth is served with a citation at a conference regarding Dave's intentions.  I cannot move past the lack of respect ... the lack of consideration.

Janet

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: September 16, 2011, 03:27:21 PM »

?

I agree MuffyBee.

The issue is not whether there is any life insurance policy on Natalee's life.  The issue is not Dave's commencement of the heartbreaking process of declaring Natalee deceased.  After all it has been over six years since his daughter never returned home from her Aruban getaway to celebrate her graduation.  His reasonings listed in the petition are solid.

In my opinion it is all about Dave leaving the mother of Natalee out of the process completely.

Without any forewarning Beth is served with a citation at a conference regarding Dave's intentions.  I cannot move past the lack of respect ... the lack of consideration.

Janet

(Bolded by Me)
I agree with your opinion.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: September 16, 2011, 03:39:43 PM »

I believe we were told early on that Dave had a very small life insurance policy in Natalee's name.  I don't find that unusual as I have a friend in the insurance industry and for years has pushed getting life insurance on kids.

So yes, he probably did have a policy and it's probably about time to declare her dead and collect on it (in his mind anyway).  I'm sure it was a very modest policy though.  Most are meant only to pay for the cost of burial, etc.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: September 16, 2011, 03:59:29 PM »

<snipped>

The issue is not whether there is any life insurance policy on Natalee's life.  The issue is not Dave's commencement of the heartbreaking process of declaring Natalee deceased.  After all it has been over six years since his daughter never returned home from an Aruban getaway to celebrate her graduation.  Dave's reasonings listed in the petition are solid.

Janet

... and above all ... the lack of emphathy.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: September 16, 2011, 04:01:04 PM »

emphathy s/b empathy

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: September 16, 2011, 05:14:30 PM »

Latest in the Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil case.  Looks like the trail has been moved to November:

Stipulation to Continue Trial:

Civil Deposit - filed Sept 13, 2011

Minute Order:

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: September 16, 2011, 05:48:11 PM »

Thanks Klaas

Two trials on the horizon that will again focus media attention on the Natalee Holloway case.

Could it be that in hindsight Aruba realizes that an investigation free of corruption would imply that six years later the demise of an 18 year old American citizen would be a distance memory?

Aruba blew it when it was determined that an underage Joran van der Sloot would be protected from accountability ... accountability that would dictate that justice would prevail for Natalee and ... accountability that would dictate that the paths of Stephany Flores and Joran van der Sloot would never have crossed.

Janet

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #394 on: September 16, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »

My Dad was an insurance agent and he had what he called "burial" policies on us kids. They were just a little $5,000.00 policy each. I'm sure that today a policy intended for such purpose would be worth a little more because it costs more to bury someone, but I agree, it's not about any policy.

I think it was insensitive to not inform Beth himself, since obviously she had to be informed by someone. IMO, the way it was handled was needlessly cruel.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: September 16, 2011, 06:32:36 PM »

My Dad was an insurance agent and he had what he called "burial" policies on us kids. They were just a little $5,000.00 policy each. I'm sure that today a policy intended for such purpose would be worth a little more because it costs more to bury someone, but I agree, it's not about any policy.

I think it was insensitive to not inform Beth himself, since obviously she had to be informed by someone. IMO, the way it was handled was needlessly cruel.

CBB

A few years ago a 26 year old young man from our church took his own life. His parents had been talked into a $250,000 policy on his life when he was 10 years old.  These funds were turned over to DIL and two grandkids (2/4).

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: September 16, 2011, 07:54:52 PM »

... or at the very least Dave could have provided Beth a heads up by instructing his attorney to contact John Q. Kelly regarding his intentions.  I believe that such a lack of empathy is a betrayal to Natalee and Matt.  It is said that the best legacy a father can leave his children is being respectful to their mother.

Anyways ... I have no doubt that Beth will prevail with grace.

Janet

++++++

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: September 16, 2011, 10:14:53 PM »

http://www.24horas.com.pe/locales/92203.php

09/16/2011 20:40:11, Time of Peru

Indictment against Joran Van Der Sloot was returned to the Attorney

The Third Criminal Chamber Prison Inmates in the Superior Court of Lima issued a resolution, which returns the tax report for the case of the murderer Joran Van Der Sloot Dutch for their reformulate.

The Third Criminal Chamber Prison Inmates in the Superior Court of Lima issued a resolution, which returns the tax report for the case of the murderer Joran Van Der Sloot Dutch for their reformulation.

The decision of the Board is based on the indictment, but it indicates that they should meet certain requirements, which are not contained in its different aspects.

It also warns of gaps by the Prosecutor, by not checking the facts and circumstances to justify the responsibility of the accused.

::snipping2::

After the prosecution The prosecution returned to the Chamber reformulated evaluate, and determine the date and time of commencement of the trial.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: September 16, 2011, 10:22:21 PM »

http://feeds.univision.com/feeds/article/2011-09-16/jueza-peruana-pide-reformular-acusacion?refPath=/noticias/ultimas-noticias/

Peruvian Judge asks Dutch reformulate indictment woman killed in 2010
AFP | Date: 09/16/2011

The trial began in Peru against the Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, confessed murderer of a student in May 2010, runs the risk of delayed after a judge asked the prosecutor to rephrase the charge of procedural errors, said Friday the Power judicial.

"The prosecution did not check the facts and circumstances that were the basis to justify the responsibility of the accused," a judicial statement on the case Van der Sloot

The Dutchman is accused as the perpetrator of the crime of simple murder and theft, to the detriment of Stephany Flores, 21, and is the prime suspect in the disappearance in Aruba in May 2005 by the American Natalee Holloway 18.

The court of the Third Criminal Chamber in Jail Inmates, chaired by Judge Flor de Maria Poma, warned that the prosecution, trial basis, to fill those gaps in order to initiate this phase of the trial.

Last Monday the court heard at a court hearing to Van der Sloot's lawyers of the victim and rule on the indictment, which calls for 30 years in prison for the accused, aged 23.

At that meeting the attorney for the particular complaint and demanded a life sentence called for the judge to return the indictment to the prosecutor Miriam Riveros, due to irregularities in its preparation.

The start of the trial date will be set once the prosecutor returned to court restated the accusation and that it is reviewed and approved by the judges of the case.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: September 16, 2011, 10:29:59 PM »

Thanks grace-land.   

So does this sum it up?

http://feeds.univision.com/feeds/article/2011-09-16/jueza-peruana-pide-reformular-acusacion?refPath=/noticias/ultimas-noticias/
The start of the trial date will be set once the prosecutor returned to court restated the accusation and that it is reviewed and approved by the judges of the case.

The case being back with the prosecution to revise the accusations?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.