March 28, 2024, 04:12:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #860 8/28/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 406979 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: September 22, 2011, 03:35:12 PM »

It has to be so sad to declare your daughter dead when you still do not know where she is, what happened, or if she really is alive or not.  My heart breaks for Natalee's family.  Joran Vandersloot needs to come clean or I hope he rots in prison the rest of his life. Hugs to all you Monkeys.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/natalee-holloways-dad-declared-legally-dead/story?id=14513497
 ::snipping2::

"The request was actually filed in probate court on June 21. The court documents state that a hearing on the father's request is scheduled for Sept. 23.

In response to the petition, Beth Holloway, the mother of the missing teen, released a statement saying she was caught by surprise by her ex-husband's move."

So this is tomorrow?  I pray that in my lifetime, I see Deepak, Satish and Joran pay for what they did.  It still won't be enough.

Hi Sharon/Tx

I can appreciate why after over six years since Natalee failed to return home from a short Aruban getaway in celebration of her graduation that Dave has reached the heartbreaking decision to have his daughter declared deceased.  His reasonings in the petition appear to be solid.

However ... I cannot comprehend why Dave made the unkind decision to leave his daughter's mother in the dark regarding his intentions.  At the very least ... he could have instructed his attorney to give a heads-up to John Q. Kelly.  IMO

Beth did not have to agree with Dave's intentions but ...

Anyways ... when I consider the close relationships that Dave and Robin have established since the release of Corruption in Paradise ... the close relationships who despicably undermine every word and action of Beth ... I do not know why I was suprised but ... I was was.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: September 22, 2011, 03:51:02 PM »

CITATION

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0913_natalee_holloway.pdf

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: September 22, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-09-22/aruba-missing-tourist/50516472/1

Natalee Holloway's mom opposes declaring her dead
Updated 1h 48m ago 9/22/2011

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) – An attorney says the mother of missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway will oppose a petition by her former husband to declare their daughter dead.

Beth Holloway's attorney, John Q. Kelly, called the request "inexplicable" and said Natalee's mother still hopes for her daughter's safe return.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: September 22, 2011, 05:46:31 PM »

Natalee Holloway's Mom Opposes Declaring Her Dead
Posted: 2:50 pm EDT September 22, 2011
Updated: 2:51 pm EDT September 22, 2011

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- An attorney says the mother of missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway will oppose a petition by her former husband to declare their daughter dead.

Dave Holloway, a Mississippi insurance agent, filed the petition in June. A hearing on the petition is scheduled for Friday.

<snipped>

Beth Holloway's attorney, John Q. Kelly, called the request "inexplicable" and said Natalee's mother still hopes for her daughter's safe return.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/29269163/detail.html

Aruba ... listen up!  Until "evidence" is forthcoming that proves that Natalee Hollowy is deceased ... the Island will continue to relive its worst nightmare over and over again for the next 34 years.  In other words ... a powerful force named Beth Holloway is not going to fade from media attention until her daughter comes home.

Janet

+++++

Aruba Admission
Tuesday, August 23, 2005

<snipped>

TWITTY: I met him in his office. And you know, the main things that we went over in the meeting, Greta — you know, I wanted to make it perfectly clear that — you know, Aruba is a small island. We agreed upon that. And this island, you know, it's well connected. Everyone knows everyone. And I wanted to make sure he knew there's no way that I will accept not having answers as to where Natalee is. And if I have to spend the next 40 years being the voice for her out of Aruba.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166524,00.html

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #484 on: September 22, 2011, 06:04:12 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-09-22/aruba-missing-tourist/50516472/1

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) – An attorney says the mother of missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway will oppose a petition by her former husband to declare their daughter dead.

I wonder if the hearing is open to the public.   If I can find out, I will go.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #485 on: September 22, 2011, 06:19:45 PM »

I wonder if the hearing is open to the public.   If I can find out, I will go.

Great to see you Magnolia!   

Wow, if you can go that would be great!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: September 22, 2011, 06:25:28 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/natalee-holloways-mom-declare-daughter-dead/story?id=14583292

Natalee Holloway's Mom: Daughter Not Dead

Courtesy Marcia Twitty/AP Photo
This undated family photo originally released by Marcia Twitty shows Natalee Holloway of Mountain Brook, Ala.

Sept. 22, 2011

The mother of Natalee Holloway, an Alabama teen who disappeared in Aruba six years ago, will fight a petition by the girl's father to declare Natalee legally dead.

Beth Holloway will go to court Friday to challenge her ex-husband Dave Holloway's petition for presumption of death, filed in probate court in Birmingham, Ala., in June. Natalee Holloway vanished on May 30, 2005, more than six years ago, at age 17.

Dave Holloway claimed in the court papers that because Natalee has not been seen or heard from, and there is no reason to believe she is alive any longer, the time has come to declare her legally dead.

Beth Holloway will oppose that petition in court, according to a statement by her attorney, in which he called Dave Holloway's actions "inexplicable."

"Beth gave birth to and raised Natalee, and will always hope and pray for Natalee's safe return," said her attorney, John Q. Kelly, in a statement. "If Dave seeks closure on such a personal and sensitive matter, it should be respected, but not imposed upon Beth in such an adversarial and public manner."

Beth Holloway referred questions to her attorney, who did not return calls.

Dave Holloway could not be reached for comment.

Beth Holloway has been relentless in her efforts to find out what happened to her daughter, even slipping into a Peruvian prison to confront Joran van der Sloot, the Aruban man suspected of killing Natalee.

At one point, she agreed to a sting, seemingly complying with van der Sloot's demand for cash in exchange for information about the location of her daughter's body. The transaction was monitored by Aruba authorities, but van der Sloot left the island before the FBI filed extortion charges.

Natalee Holloway was on the last day of a graduation trip to Aruba with her senior class at Mountain Brook High School in Alabama when she did not return to her hotel.

She was last seen in a car with several people, including van der Sloot.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: September 22, 2011, 06:27:15 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/natalee-holloways-mom-declare-daughter-dead/story?id=14583292

Natalee Holloway's Mom: Daughter Not Dead

Courtesy Marcia Twitty/AP Photo
This undated family photo originally released by Marcia Twitty shows Natalee Holloway of Mountain Brook, Ala.

Sept. 22, 2011

The mother of Natalee Holloway, an Alabama teen who disappeared in Aruba six years ago, will fight a petition by the girl's father to declare Natalee legally dead.

Beth Holloway will go to court Friday to challenge her ex-husband Dave Holloway's petition for presumption of death, filed in probate court in Birmingham, Ala., in June. Natalee Holloway vanished on May 30, 2005, more than six years ago, at age 17.

Dave Holloway claimed in the court papers that because Natalee has not been seen or heard from, and there is no reason to believe she is alive any longer, the time has come to declare her legally dead.

Beth Holloway will oppose that petition in court, according to a statement by her attorney, in which he called Dave Holloway's actions "inexplicable."

"Beth gave birth to and raised Natalee, and will always hope and pray for Natalee's safe return," said her attorney, John Q. Kelly, in a statement. "If Dave seeks closure on such a personal and sensitive matter, it should be respected, but not imposed upon Beth in such an adversarial and public manner."

The two sides are due in court Friday.

Beth Holloway referred questions to her attorney, who did not return calls.

Dave Holloway could not be reached for comment.

Beth Holloway has been relentless in her efforts to find out what happened to her daughter, even slipping into a Peruvian prison to confront Joran van der Sloot, the Aruban man suspected of killing Natalee.

At one point, she agreed to a sting, seemingly complying with van der Sloot's demand for cash in exchange for information about the location of her daughter's body. The transaction was monitored by Aruba authorities, but van der Sloot left the island before the FBI filed extortion charges.

Natalee Holloway was on the last day of a graduation trip to Aruba with her senior class at Mountain Brook High School in Alabama when she did not return to her hotel.

She was last seen in a car with several people, including van der Sloot.

self edit

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: September 22, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »

Natalee Holloway's mother opposes death declaration
By the CNN Wire Staff
September 22, 2011

(CNN) -- Beth Holloway, the mother of long-missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, opposes a court petition to declare the her dead, an attorney said Thursday.

The petition was filed in June by Dave Holloway, Beth Holloway's ex-husband. It will be heard in a Jefferson County, Alabama, probate court on Friday.

Natalee Holloway was 18 and had just graduated high school in the Birmingham, Alabama, suburb of Mountain Brook when she disappeared on a celebratory trip with classmates to Aruba in 2005.

"Beth intends to oppose Dave's inexplicable effort to have Natalee declared dead," attorney John Q. Kelly said in a statement. "Beth gave birth to and raised Natalee, and will always hope and pray for Natalee's safe return."

Last week, Dave Holloway's attorney said he filed the petition because he "is seeking closure for his family."

"This is a normal proceeding for families when a loved one has been missing for an extended period of time," attorney Karen Hennecy said in a statement. "Alabama law requires a waiting period of five years when a body has not recovered and no death certificate has been issued."

"If Dave seeks closure on such a personal and sensitive matter, it should be respected, but not imposed upon Beth in such an adversarial and public manner," Kelly said Thursday.

Beth Holloway said in a statement last week, issued through her Natalee Holloway Resource Center, which aids families of missing persons, that she learned about the filing when she was handed documents by a process server while addressing a conference in Georgia.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/22/justice/alabama-holloway-petition/index.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: September 22, 2011, 06:47:43 PM »

Tomorrow at 9:30am in Probate Court, Judge Alan King

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: September 22, 2011, 07:04:54 PM »

By the CNN Wire Staff
September 22, 2011

(CNN) -- Beth Holloway, the mother of long-missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, opposes a court petition to declare the her dead, an attorney said Thursday.

The petition was filed in June by Dave Holloway, Beth Holloway's ex-husband. It will be heard in a Jefferson County, Alabama, probate court on Friday.

Natalee Holloway was 18 and had just graduated high school in the Birmingham, Alabama, suburb of Mountain Brook when she disappeared on a celebratory trip with classmates to Aruba in 2005.

"Beth intends to oppose Dave's inexplicable effort to have Natalee declared dead," attorney John Q. Kelly said in a statement. "Beth gave birth to and raised Natalee, and will always hope and pray for Natalee's safe return."

Last week, Dave Holloway's attorney said he filed the petition because he "is seeking closure for his family."

"This is a normal proceeding for families when a loved one has been missing for an extended period of time," attorney Karen Hennecy said in a statement. "Alabama law requires a waiting period of five years when a body has not recovered and no death certificate has been issued."

"If Dave seeks closure on such a personal and sensitive matter, it should be respected, but not imposed upon Beth in such an adversarial and public manner," Kelly said Thursday.

Beth Holloway said in a statement last week, issued through her Natalee Holloway Resource Center, which aids families of missing persons, that she learned about the filing when she was handed documents by a process server while addressing a conference in Georgia.

<snipped>

Is the hearing open to the public?

Janet

+++++

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: September 22, 2011, 07:25:03 PM »

Natalee Holloway's father seeks official declaration that disappeared Mountain Brook woman is dead
Published: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 12:44 PM
Updated: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 1:33 PM

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- A judge has set a Sept. 23 hearing on a request filed by Natalee Holloway's father to have her legally declared dead, more than six years after she disappeared during a high-school graduation trip to Aruba, court records show.

The petition, filed in June by Dave Holloway, asks Jefferson County Probate Judge Alan King to enter what is known as an "order on legal presumption of death."

The process, which requires multiple hearings and publication of notices seeking information that she is alive, is expected to last into early 2012. Fewer than a half-dozen such cases are filed annually in Jefferson County, court officials said.

<snipped>

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/09/natalee_holloways_father_seeks.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: September 22, 2011, 07:27:18 PM »

Tomorrow at 9:30am in Probate Court, Judge Alan King

http://jeffconline.jccal.org/probatecourt/

Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #493 on: September 22, 2011, 07:31:33 PM »

It has to be so sad to declare your daughter dead when you still do not know where she is, what happened, or if she really is alive or not.  My heart breaks for Natalee's family.  Joran Vandersloot needs to come clean or I hope he rots in prison the rest of his life. Hugs to all you Monkeys.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/natalee-holloways-dad-declared-legally-dead/story?id=14513497

"The request was actually filed in probate court on June 21. The court documents state that a hearing on the father's request is scheduled for Sept. 23.

In response to the petition, Beth Holloway, the mother of the missing teen, released a statement saying she was caught by surprise by her ex-husband's move."

So this is tomorrow?  I pray that in my lifetime, I see Deepak, Satish and Joran pay for what they did.  It still won't be enough.

Hi Sharon/Tx

I can appreciate why after over six years since Natalee failed to return home from a short Aruban getaway in celebration of her graduation that Dave has reached the heartbreaking decision to have his daughter declared deceased.  His reasonings in the petition appear to be solid.

However ... I cannot comprehend why Dave made the unkind decision to leave his daughter's mother in the dark regarding his intentions.  At the very least ... he could have instructed his attorney to give a heads-up to John Q. Kelly.  IMO

Anyways ... when I consider the close relationships that Dave and Robin have established since the release of Corruption in Paradise ... the close relationships who despicably undermine every word and action of Beth ... I do not know why I was suprised but ... I was was.

Janet

Hi Janet!  I guess that is what makes me so sad.  I totally agree that Beth should have been given a heads up.  Declaring someone dead and not knowing what happened would not be closure for me.  I hope tomorrow does not bring more pain to the family.

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
"Joran Vandersloot's evil world is slowly crashing down on his evil soul!"
*****For major cases, you can also report information by calling our toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: September 22, 2011, 07:32:40 PM »

Dave Holloway Asks Courts to Declare his Daughter Natalee Holloway Deceased

<snipped>

Dave Holloway’s lawyer, Karen Hennecy, said Dave “is seeking closure for this family.” However, it appears that his ex-wife Beth Holloway was not aware of the legal proceedings.  That may not be the best direction. Beth Holloway, said she was surprised her ex-husband filed the request.

“I only learned about this when I was handed the citation by a process server while addressing a large audience at a conference in Georgia,” she said in a statement. “I don’t know what this is about, or why Dave is taking this action at this time.”

<snipped>

Posted September 15, 2011 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/09/15/dave-holloway-asks-courts-to-declare-his-daughter-natalee-holloway-deceased/

By the CNN Wire Staff
September 22, 2011

<snipped>

<snipped>

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: September 22, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLSZeiVsEDg&feature=player_embedded

Natalee Holloway's mom shows support for Spierer family

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cLSZeiVsEDg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cLSZeiVsEDg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: September 22, 2011, 07:45:29 PM »

Hi Sharon/Tx

Janet

Hi Janet!  I guess that is what makes me so sad.  I totally agree that Beth should have been given a heads up.  Declaring someone dead and not knowing what happened would not be closure for me.  I hope tomorrow does not bring more pain to the family.

Sharon/Tx

It was total lack of empathy and respect on the part of Dave for the mother of his daughter and son.

Apparently ... the process will take place of a period of time prior to a decision by the judge.

Janet

++++ 

Natalee Holloway's father seeks official declaration that disappeared Mountain Brook woman is dead
Published: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 12:44 PM
Updated: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 1:33 PM

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- A judge has set a Sept. 23 hearing on a request filed by Natalee Holloway's father to have her legally declared dead, more than six years after she disappeared during a high-school graduation trip to Aruba, court records show.

The petition, filed in June by Dave Holloway, asks Jefferson County Probate Judge Alan King to enter what is known as an "order on legal presumption of death."

The process, which requires multiple hearings and publication of notices seeking information that she is alive, is expected to last into early 2012. Fewer than a half-dozen such cases are filed annually in Jefferson County, court officials said.

<snipped>

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/09/natalee_holloways_father_seeks.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: September 22, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »

http://www2.oanow.com/news/2011/sep/22/2/natalee-holloways-mom-opposes-declaring-her-dead-ar-2450016/

By: Associated Press

Published: September 22, 2011
Updated: September 22, 2011 - 5:32 PM

MONTGOMERY, Ala. — The mother of missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway is opposing efforts by her ex-husband to declare their daughter dead six years after she vanished during a graduation trip to Aruba.

Jefferson County Circuit Judge Alan King has scheduled a hearing Friday in Birmingham on the request by Dave Holloway.

"Beth intends to oppose Dave's inexplicable effort to have Natalee declared dead," John Q. Kelly, Beth Holloway's attorney, said Thursday.

One of Dave Holloway's attorneys, Mark White, said it is routine to seek a determination of death after a person has been missing for more than five years.

"This is one case where my client would sure like to be wrong. It's painful, but there has got to be legal closure," White said.

Beth Holloway's attorney said she doesn't want to give up hope.

"Beth gave birth to and raised Natalee and will always hope and pray for Natalee's safe return. If Dave seeks closure on such a personal and sensitive matter, it should be respected, but not imposed on Beth in such as adversarial and public manner," Kelly said.

The probate court hearing Friday is part of a multi-step process that could stretch into early 2012.

The probate judge said that after listening to testimony Friday, he could issue an order of presumption of death. Then legal notices would be run in a Jefferson County newspaper for two weeks. At least 12 weeks after that, he could hold a second hearing to declare her dead.

The probate judge said he holds five or six hearings a year over people presumed dead. He said some family members who file for a declaration want to have closure. In other cases, family members also want approval to handle the missing person's assets.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: September 22, 2011, 08:04:14 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLSZeiVsEDg&feature=player_embedded

Natalee Holloway's mom shows support for Spierer family

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cLSZeiVsEDg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cLSZeiVsEDg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/marion_county/holloway-offers-spierers-encouragement

Holloway to Speirers: 'Time will be your best friend'

Updated: Thursday, 22 Sep 2011, 6:47 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 22 Sep 2011, 6:38 PM EDT

By: Brad Edwards

“Every day, no matter what, you’re going to work for your loved one.”

That’s how Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway - the teenager who disappeared during a trip to Aruba in 2005 - described life in the wake of a disappearance, as she spoke with 24-Hour News 8 Thursday.

Beth Holloway was a keynote speaker Thursday in Indianapolis at an event presented by the Latino Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence. Since her daughter’s disappearance, she has since become the poster mother for such stories. Stories like the disappearance of IU student Lauren Spierer in June.

“There’s just a whole laundry list every day to keep hope real and tangible,” Holloway said, speaking about the Spierers’ search efforts that have stretched into weeks, then months. “As long as what they’re doing has action, it helps make them stronger.”

Holloway has written a book. She’s also quick to advise parents so they don’t end up in her position – specifically, encouraging discussions with kids about safety and doing lots of due diligence before traveling.

And to Lauren’s parents: “Time will be your best friend,” Holloway said. “It just takes time. A lot of time.”

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: September 22, 2011, 08:10:33 PM »

I suppose that I could just be there at 9:30AM and see if they let me in.   I know it is
in room 118 at the Jefferson County Courthouse.  I hardly have my wits about me at
9:30AM.  Would it be tacky to go?  Kinda like spying on a family feud?

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.