April 26, 2024, 01:03:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #860 8/28/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 409572 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #500 on: September 22, 2011, 08:27:59 PM »

I suppose that I could just be there at 9:30AM and see if they let me in.   I know it is
in room 118 at the Jefferson County Courthouse.  I hardly have my wits about me at
9:30AM.  Would it be tacky to go?  Kinda like spying on a family feud?

I don't think it would be tacky to go, but that's just my opinion.

If it were close to me, I would try to go to show my support for Beth.  She honors Natalee every day and my heart goes out to her being blindsided by this action, when it has been in the works for months.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: September 22, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »

http://spea.provocate.org/archives/1760

Discuss youth and domestic violence at the 6th Latino Coalition against Domestic & Sexual Violence conference

The theme for the 6th annual Latino Coalition against Domestic & Sexual Violence conference is “Break the Silence, Give Them a Voice.” The special emphasis is youth and domestic violence. As has been the case for the previous five conferences, you’ll hear high profile keynote speakers … but the most important part will be meeting local heroes addressing an urgent issue.

When: Thursday, September 22, 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Where: Sheraton Hotel, Downtown Indianapolis

Keynote #1 — Beth Hollaway on FROM VICTIM TO VICTOR

::snipping2::

http://www.indianalatinocoalition.org/PDF/2011%20conference%20brochure-final.pdf

::snipping2:: from brochure

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: September 22, 2011, 11:30:35 PM »

I suppose that I could just be there at 9:30AM and see if they let me in.   I know it is
in room 118 at the Jefferson County Courthouse.  I hardly have my wits about me at

Maybe you could say you just happened to be in the neighborhood they way they always do in the soap operas. lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: September 22, 2011, 11:45:35 PM »

Great to see you Anna!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: September 23, 2011, 12:02:25 AM »

::justice2NJ::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: September 23, 2011, 12:09:51 AM »

::justice2NJ::

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: September 23, 2011, 12:11:52 AM »

Maybe you could say you just happened to be in the neighborhood they way they always do in the soap operas. lol.

I have talked with several friends tonight and they all say it would be tacky to go.  It is
family business after all, and even though we are all interested in the outcome, it just wouldn't
be proper to intrude.  I thought about hanging out in the hall just to see who shows up,
but decided I will wait and see it all on the news and the forum.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #507 on: September 23, 2011, 01:20:40 AM »

It bothers me on a daily basis... that they can't get the perfect answer to heal the 6 to 7 years... where the Holloways have been tortured endlessly concerning our dearest loved Nattle Bunny's welfare.

Is she alive: NO    Probability calculations and number crunching ---  all point to 99.9% chance that Natalee suffered a brutally fatal assault by the sneaker pimps. Joran's initial flags told us the  'coup de gras'

head hit was the fatal blow. He was prepping the media and the public for that when her body was discovered - that mortal wound would be found.  As Joran was informed she would never be found, thanks to Paulus...

Joran's swagger battery charged right back up to 100%. He has never mentioned Natalee's head wound again.

1. Natalee died within approximately 1 hour that fateful night.

I understand the need for 'finality.'  People need this psychological tool to move on to their next chapter in life.

I don't really understand why Beth would be so opposed to Dave's simple request?

Would it change the dynamics of the 6/7 War on Aruba? I doubt it would.

What would hurt me more is to see Dave & Beth feud over this.

Because when the two of them work together under the common goal of justice for Natalee... I have never seen a more powerful alliance in my life.

So, I pen this post, as my eyes slowly close, I'm beat, I had a long hard day... and I just pray my two NAT Heroes figure out a way to work something
out and meet in the middle. Natalee is the peak of our pyramid - she is the top stone!

Please do not damage her pyramid. Never let anything petty get in the way of Natalee's story. It will be remembered and re-told time and time again
for the next 20,30,40,50 - 100 years from now. Natalee always comes first.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #508 on: September 23, 2011, 02:08:32 AM »

good to see the carpe back in good form
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #509 on: September 23, 2011, 02:09:08 AM »

"We've known since [May 2005], the FBI told us Natalee's not with us anymore," Dave Holloway said.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/11/29/aruba.holloway/index.html

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #510 on: September 23, 2011, 08:45:39 AM »

On a personal level, I have no problem what Dave is doing, but if Beth is upset about it -- I don't know why Dave is pursuing this. What is the rush all of a sudden? I would like to know what Beth's reasoning is -- perhaps there is some strategic positioning we are not aware of.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #511 on: September 23, 2011, 09:00:54 AM »

Mother opposes declaring Natalee Holloway dead
Posted: Sep 22, 2011 6:25 PM EDT Updated: Sep 22, 2011 6:50 PM EDT

Beth Holloway is fighting her ex-husband's court petition to declare their missing daughter Natalee Holloway dead. (Source: CNN) Beth Holloway is fighting her ex-husband's court petition to declare their missing daughter Natalee Holloway dead. (Source: CNN)

(CNN) - The parents of missing Alabama woman Natalee Holloway are now in a legal battle over whether their daughter is still alive.

An Alabama court will hear a petition tomorrow from her father Dave Holloway, requesting Natalee be declared legally dead.

Her mother, Beth Holloway, is fighting her ex-husband's court petition.

An attorney for Beth Holloway says she will "always hope and pray for Natalee's safe return."

The lawyer for Dave Holloway says his client is "seeking closure for his family." ::snipping2::

http://www.wfsb.com/story/15528589/mother-opposes-declaring-natalee-holloway-dead

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #512 on: September 23, 2011, 09:04:55 AM »

On a personal level, I have no problem what Dave is doing, but if Beth is upset about it -- I don't know why Dave is pursuing this. What is the rush all of a sudden? I would like to know what Beth's reasoning is -- perhaps there is some strategic positioning we are not aware of.

Dave must have taken out Life ins on her ::MonkeyNoNo::He was a Ins Agent
 A piece of paper can't change a feeling in your heart
Sorry Dave JMO

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: September 23, 2011, 09:29:43 AM »

Dave must have taken out Life ins on her ::MonkeyNoNo::He was a Ins Agent
 A piece of paper can't change a feeling in your heart
Sorry Dave JMO

Do you have a link to that?  It looks like it's speculation at this point.  And IF Dave did have an insurance policy for Natalee, so what?  Some people do buy life insurance policies for their children for various reasons among them would be for burial in event of death of the child and this would be a small policy.  Some buy life insurance for their children so that their child will have life insurance into adult hood even if they become ill and would be uninsurable otherwise.  Another reason people buy insurance for their children, and I know of a case like this, is as an investment for their children.  I knew a young man that needed extensive dental work and his parents had purchased a life insurance policy for him when he was a child.  When he was in his 20's he borrowed $3,000.00 against this policy for the work and paid it back in in monthly payments. 

Many states have limits on value of life insurance on children btw. 

I think Natalee has two parents and they aren't agreeing on some things.  I don't object to Dave declaring Natalee dead unless there is some nefarious reason that we don't know of.  I don't like that Dave did this without talking with Beth.  Maybe it's Dave's way of seeking closure, I don't know. 

And one more thing.  Even IF Dave did have life insurance on Natalee, what would be wrong in collecting?  I'm sure he has used a lot of his personal resources over time since Natalee disappeared.  IF he did have insurance and we don't even have any proof of that at this time, and he decided to collect  how does that "change a feeling in your heart?" 

My main deal is Dave should have consulted with Beth.  The insurance matter is of no consequence to me.  I don't see why anyone wants to vilify Dave over something we don't even know is true?   We do know he wants to declare Natalee deceased and Beth wasn't included in his decision.  That's not right.  JMHO 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: September 23, 2011, 11:02:29 AM »

Maybe once Dave is aware of Beth's reasoning ... he will reconsider.

If only Beth had not been kept in the dark regarding Dave's intentions ... all this negative media attention could have been avoided.

Janet

+++++

Natalee Holloway's mother opposes death declaration
By the CNN Wire Staff
September 22, 2011

<snipped>

Last week, Dave Holloway's attorney said he filed the petition because he "is seeking closure for his family."

"This is a normal proceeding for families when a loved one has been missing for an extended period of time," attorney Karen Hennecy said in a statement. "Alabama law requires a waiting period of five years when a body has not recovered and no death certificate has been issued."

"If Dave seeks closure on such a personal and sensitive matter, it should be respected, but not imposed upon Beth in such an adversarial and public manner," Kelly said Thursday.

Beth Holloway said in a statement last week, issued through her Natalee Holloway Resource Center, which aids families of missing persons, that she learned about the filing when she was handed documents by a process server while addressing a conference in Georgia.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/22/justice/alabama-holloway-petition/index.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: September 23, 2011, 11:16:21 AM »

Natalee Holloway's mom speaks at Latino abuse group
12:51 AM, Sep. 23, 2011

Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway, spoke Thursday at the conference of the Latino Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence.

<snipped>

In her conference speech, Beth Holloway told the story of her daughter's disappearance and shared tips on keeping teenage children safe, both close to home and during out-of-country trips.

Later, Holloway said there are parallels between her mission and that of the coalition.

"It's about being a voice for others, and I feel this is what I am doing," she said. "I've tried to be a voice for Natalee, and six years later, I am still telling her story. Here, what they're doing is caring about victims of domestic violence and trying to be a voice for them."

<snipped>

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110923/LOCAL18/109230352/Natalee-Holloway-s-mom-speaks-Latino-abuse-group?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: September 23, 2011, 11:48:21 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/23/natalee-holloways-mom-wants-to-stop-dad-from-declaring-her-dead/

Natalee Holloway's Mom Wants to Stop Dad From Declaring Her Dead
Published September 23, 2011
| Associated Press

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. –  An attorney for Natalee Holloway's mother wants a judge to delay a court hearing on a request by her ex-husband to declare their daughter dead.

Charlie DeBardeleben said Beth Holloway's regular attorney couldn't attend the court hearing Friday in Birmingham, and he wants Probate Judge Alan King to delay it. Beth Holloway is opposing a declaration of death.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/23/natalee-holloways-mom-wants-to-stop-dad-from-declaring-her-dead/#ixzz1Yn62vles
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: September 23, 2011, 12:01:24 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/23/natalee-holloways-mom-wants-to-stop-dad-from-declaring-her-dead/

Natalee Holloway's Mom Wants to Stop Dad From Declaring Her Dead
Published September 23, 2011
| Associated Press

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. –  An attorney for Natalee Holloway's mother wants a judge to delay a court hearing on a request by her ex-husband to declare their daughter dead.

Charlie DeBardeleben said Beth Holloway's regular attorney couldn't attend the court hearing Friday in Birmingham, and he wants Probate Judge Alan King to delay it. Beth Holloway is opposing a declaration of death.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/23/natalee-holloways-mom-wants-to-stop-dad-from-declaring-her-dead/#ixzz1Yn62vles

Thanks for the update Grace.

Beth was afforded such short notice regarding Dave's intentions.  I hope the judge will agree to the delay request which will afford Beth an opportunity to compile her reasons for opposing the petition to declare her daughter deceased.

Janet

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: September 23, 2011, 12:45:52 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/23/ap/business/main20110733.shtml

September 23, 2011 11:51 AM
Judge rejects delay in Natalee Holloway case

(AP)  BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — A judge has refused to delay a court hearing on a request by Natalee Holloway's father to have her declared dead six years after she disappeared in Aruba.

An attorney for Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway, sought the delay Friday because she could not attend the hearing. She was giving a speech in California. But probate Judge Alan King said she had more than two weeks' notice about the hearing.

An attorney for Dave Holloway says it's painful to seek the court ruling. But it would allow him to use her college fund for her younger brother.

King said he would rule later on whether to proceed with the process for a declaration of death.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: September 23, 2011, 01:12:03 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/23/ap/business/main20110733.shtml

September 23, 2011 11:51 AM
Judge rejects delay in Natalee Holloway case

(AP)  BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — A judge has refused to delay a court hearing on a request by Natalee Holloway's father to have her declared dead six years after she disappeared in Aruba.

An attorney for Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway, sought the delay Friday because she could not attend the hearing. She was giving a speech in California. But probate Judge Alan King said she had more than two weeks' notice about the hearing.

An attorney for Dave Holloway says it's painful to seek the court ruling. But it would allow him to use her college fund for her younger brother.

King said he would rule later on whether to proceed with the process for a declaration of death.

(Bolded by Me)
This is the first time I've seen a reason given  why Dave was seeking the court ruling to declare Natalee deceased. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.