June 03, 2024, 08:12:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #860 8/28/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 413299 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: September 23, 2011, 01:17:29 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/23/ap/business/main20110733.shtml

September 23, 2011 11:51 AM
Judge rejects delay in Natalee Holloway case

(AP)  BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — A judge has refused to delay a court hearing on a request by Natalee Holloway's father to have her declared dead six years after she disappeared in Aruba.

An attorney for Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway, sought the delay Friday because she could not attend the hearing. She was giving a speech in California. But probate Judge Alan King said she had more than two weeks' notice about the hearing.

::snipping2::

An attorney for Dave Holloway says it's painful to seek the court ruling. But it would allow him to use her college fund for her younger brother.

King said he would rule later on whether to proceed with the process for a declaration of death.

Natalee Holloway's mom speaks at Latino abuse group
12:51 AM, Sep. 23, 2011

Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway, spoke Thursday at the conference of the Latino Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence.

<snipped>

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110923/LOCAL18/109230352/Natalee-Holloway-s-mom-speaks-Latino-abuse-group?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: September 23, 2011, 01:25:09 PM »

The Life Insurance Policy For Natalee Holloway

By Meri Ulrich
Nov. 22, 2005

I recently heard Beth Twitty make the remark that she did not purchase a life insurance policy for her daughter Natalee Holloway. I also heard Dave Holloway confirm that when Natalee was a toddler, a life insurance policy was purchased for her.
http://www.useless-knowledge.com/1234/nov/article326.html

December 5, 2005

Vanity Fair Takes A Look At The Natalee Holloway Case
 The million dollar life insurance policy
http://www.hyscience.com/archives/2005/12/vanity_fair_tak.php
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: September 23, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/23/ap/business/main20110733.shtml

September 23, 2011 11:51 AM
Judge rejects delay in Natalee Holloway case

(AP)  BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — A judge has refused to delay a court hearing on a request by Natalee Holloway's father to have her declared dead six years after she disappeared in Aruba.

An attorney for Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway, sought the delay Friday because she could not attend the hearing. She was giving a speech in California. But probate Judge Alan King said she had more than two weeks' notice about the hearing.

An attorney for Dave Holloway says it's painful to seek the court ruling. But it would allow him to use her college fund for her younger brother.

King said he would rule later on whether to proceed with the process for a declaration of death.

It makes sense if Dave made provisions for Natalee's education ... he did likewise for Matt.  Those funds would not have been available for Matt education if Natalee had returned from her Aruban getaway and persued her dream of becoming a doctor.

Considering the mother of Natalee is not ready for whatever reason to take the huge step of agreeing to have her daughter's declared dead ... could Dave not just take a step back and afford Beth more time than two weeks to dwell on the implications.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: September 23, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »

Jug Twitty Lashes Out at the Prosecutor
Wednesday, September 28, 2005

<snipped>

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: The two of you got into it a little bit on the 28th, and she’s cut you off. But when she met with Dave, Natalee’s father, for four hours, did she talk about the investigation for Natalee, or did it go off on collateral issues?

JUG TWITTY, NATALEE'S STEPFATHER: No. She talked about the issues as far as Natalee, you know, having problems with her family with Beth and I or with her father, or whatever. Of course, all this stuff was talked about way early on in the investigation. She talked about $1 million life insurance policy on Natalee, which is just crazy.  She talked about my brother being in the banking business, being in money laundering. And I mean, I just don’t know where this stuff’s coming from, Greta. It’s like she’s not even trying to find out the answers, she’s trying to find out everything, you know, that could be wrong, as far as our family goes. You know, it drives me crazy.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170678,00.html

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #524 on: September 23, 2011, 01:33:14 PM »

Jug Twitty Lashes Out at the Prosecutor
Wednesday, September 28, 2005

VAN SUSTEREN: The two of you got into it a little bit on the 28th, and she’s cut you off. But when she met with Dave, Natalee’s father, for four hours, did she talk about the investigation for Natalee, or did it go off on collateral issues?

TWITTY: No. She talked about the issues as far as Natalee, you know, having problems with her family with Beth and I or with her father, or whatever. Of course, all this stuff was talked about way early on in the investigation. She talked about $1 million life insurance policy on Natalee, which is just crazy. She talked about my brother being in the banking business, being in money laundering. And I mean, I just don’t know where this stuff’s coming from, Greta. It’s like she’s not even trying to find out the answers, she’s trying to find out everything, you know, that could be wrong, as far as our family goes. You know, it drives me crazy.

... Yes, she basically tells me, you know, this is the same thing as Van Der Straaten. You know, you keep acting like this, Mr. Twitty, you know, we’re going to quit. And you know, I said, Well, that’s a great attitude to have.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170678,00.html
hat tip: Janet's records
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8176.msg1172374#msg1172374

Jenssen questioned the $1 Million life insurance policy taken out on Natalee.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2500.new#new
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #525 on: September 23, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »

It makes sense if Dave made provisions for Natalee's education ... he did likewise for Matt.  Those funds would not have been available for Matt education if Natalee had returned from her Aruban getaway and persued her dream of becoming a doctor.

Considering the mother of Natalee is not ready for whatever reason to take the huge step of agreeing to have her daughter's declared dead ... could Dave not just take a step back and afford Beth more time than two weeks to dwell on the implications.

Janet

Sounds like Dave & Robin Holloway are having financial problems and the life insurance cash in may be their resolution.
If it's about Matt's college funds, I would think Beth would be able to pay for that doncha think????

Perhaps Dave & Robin Holloway should consider suing CapsLockwizard ( RV) and his Aruba cohorts for intentionally having him fork over money for searches that were intentionally to drain his finances in his search for his daughter's remains.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: September 23, 2011, 01:45:26 PM »

$2,000!!

Judge to decide soon whether to proceed with declaring Mountain Brook's Natalee Holloway dead
Published: Friday, September 23, 2011, 10:56 AM
Updated: Friday, September 23, 2011, 11:37 AM

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- A Jefferson County judge said he would decide later today or early next week if a petition to officially declare Natalee Holloway dead should proceed, after the father tearfully described efforts to find his missing daughter.

<snipped>

The petition to have Natalee officially declared dead was filed in June by her father, Dave Holloway. The father has continued to pay his daughter's insurance and other expenses and wants to transfer to Natalee's brother, Matt, some $2,000 Dave Holloway had set aside for his daughter's college education.

A lawyer for Beth Holloway, Natalee's mother, asked Probate Judge Alan King for a continuance on the initial hearing set for today on the father's petition. King denied the request for a 30-day delay.

Beth Holloway was very upset by the petition to declare Natalee dead, and still holds out hope her daughter is alive, said Charles DeBardeleben, who represented her in today's hearing.

Testifying for about 45 minutes Friday morning, Dave Holloway described the months-long search for his missing daughter in Aruba. Based on statements by the prime suspect in the case, Joran van der Sloot, the father believes his daughter is dead, Dave Holloway testified today.

"This is one case we'd like to lose," said Mark White, one of Dave Holloway's lawyers.

"We would like to have someone come forward. You hope to have some closure personally. Our job is to try to get some closure legally.

If King allows the case to proceed, notices will be published seeking proof that Natalee is still alive, and a hearing to review that information will be held, probably in early 2012.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/09/post_675.html

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #527 on: September 23, 2011, 01:56:42 PM »

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: September 23, 2011, 02:00:31 PM »

Janet

Sounds like Dave & Robin Holloway are having financial problems and the life insurance cash in may be their resolution.
If it's about Matt's college funds, I would think Beth would be able to pay for that doncha think????

Perhaps Dave & Robin Holloway should consider suing CapsLockwizard ( RV) and his Aruba cohorts for intentionally having him fork over money for searches that were intentionally to drain his finances in his search for his daughter's remains.

Ribbit.

Kermit ... Beth is requesting a 30 day delay in the hearings ... that's it.  Considering Dave only afforded Natalee's mother two weeks notice regarding his intention ... is a 30 day delay too much to ask.  I realize that it was the judge who denied Beth's request but ... if only Dave had spoken up on her behalf.  Something is sooo wrong.

Janet

++++

Judge to decide soon whether to proceed with declaring Mountain Brook's Natalee Holloway dead
Published: Friday, September 23, 2011, 10:56 AM
Updated: Friday, September 23, 2011, 11:37 AM

<snipped>

The petition to have Natalee officially declared dead was filed in June by her father, Dave Holloway. The father has continued to pay his daughter's insurance and other expenses and wants to transfer to Natalee's brother, Matt, some $2,000 Dave Holloway had set aside for his daughter's college education.

A lawyer for Beth Holloway, Natalee's mother, asked Probate Judge Alan King for a continuance on the initial hearing set for today on the father's petition. King denied the request for a 30-day delay.

<snipped>

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/09/post_675.html

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: September 23, 2011, 02:53:28 PM »

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Judge-weighs-bid-to-declare-missing-Ala-teen-dead-2185553.php

Judge weighs bid to declare missing Ala. teen dead
PHILLIP RAWLS, Associated Press
Published 12:40 p.m., Friday, September 23, 2011

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A judge said Friday he will rule by early next week whether to proceed with the legal steps necessary to declare Natalee Holloway dead six years after the Alabama teen disappeared on a high school graduation trip to Aruba.

His attorney, Karen Hennecy, asked, "''Dave, do you believe Natalee is alive today?"

"No," he answered quietly.

Holloway said he based his conclusion partially on statements by the primary suspect, Joran van der Sloot, that he had seen her die.

Holloway testified that he was surprised by his wife's objection and called the FBI agent in charge of the investigation Thursday night to make sure the agency still considered it a homicide case. Holloway said he told the agent, "'I need to know right now has anything changed?' He said it has not."

He also pointed out that he and his ex-wife signed affidavits in 2007 saying that they presumed their daughter was dead and they gave those affidavits to Aruban authorities in hopes it would result in charges being filed.

If Natalee Holloway is ruled dead, her father could use her $2,000 college fund for her younger brother, Matt, and could stop paying for hospital insurance for her, attorney Mark White said.

During the searches in 2005, Dave and Natalee Holloway were united in their search for information about their child. The court hearing Friday demonstrated how their relationship has changed.

DeBardeleben complained that Dave Holloway never told his ex-wife that he was seeking a declaration of death, and she learned about it when a process server "posing as a fan" delivered legal papers to her in Georgia while she was at a speaking engagement.

Dave Holloway said he learned about his wife's objections from a statement she released to the media Thursday.

DeBardeleben acknowledged there is "no communication back and forth."
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: September 23, 2011, 03:20:19 PM »

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Judge-weighs-bid-to-declare-missing-Ala-teen-dead-2185553.php

Judge weighs bid to declare missing Ala. teen dead
PHILLIP RAWLS, Associated Press
Published 12:40 p.m., Friday, September 23, 2011

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A judge said Friday he will rule by early next week whether to proceed with the legal steps necessary to declare Natalee Holloway dead six years after the Alabama teen disappeared on a high school graduation trip to Aruba.

His attorney, Karen Hennecy, asked, "''Dave, do you believe Natalee is alive today?"

"No," he answered quietly.

Holloway said he based his conclusion partially on statements by the primary suspect, Joran van der Sloot, that he had seen her die.

Holloway testified that he was surprised by his wife's objection and called the FBI agent in charge of the investigation Thursday night to make sure the agency still considered it a homicide case. Holloway said he told the agent, "'I need to know right now has anything changed?' He said it has not."

He also pointed out that he and his ex-wife signed affidavits in 2007 saying that they presumed their daughter was dead and they gave those affidavits to Aruban authorities in hopes it would result in charges being filed.

If Natalee Holloway is ruled dead, her father could use her $2,000 college fund for her younger brother, Matt, and could stop paying for hospital insurance for her, attorney Mark White said.

During the searches in 2005, Dave and Natalee Holloway were united in their search for information about their child. The court hearing Friday demonstrated how their relationship has changed.

DeBardeleben complained that Dave Holloway never told his ex-wife that he was seeking a declaration of death, and she learned about it when a process server "posing as a fan" delivered legal papers to her in Georgia while she was at a speaking engagement.

Dave Holloway said he learned about his wife's objections from a statement she released to the media Thursday.

DeBardeleben acknowledged there is "no communication back and forth."

The least Dave could have done was instruct his attorney to forewarn Beth's attorney regarding his intentions to have their daughter declared legally dead.

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: September 23, 2011, 03:59:24 PM »

http://www.wane.com/dpps/news/national/south/judge-rejects-delay-in-natalee-holloway-case-nt11-jgr_3948487

Holloway death ruling due next week
Beth Holloway opposes a declaration of death

Updated: Friday, 23 Sep 2011, 1:23 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 23 Sep 2011, 11:47 AM EDT

PHILLIP RAWLS,Associated Press

NORMALLY - medical/hospital insurance is individual, individual and spouse or individual/spouse and family.  I would assume that Dave and Robin have a family policy which would include ALL children.  Removing one child will not make the premiums go down.  That's how it would work in California anyway.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #532 on: September 23, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »

http://www.wane.com/dpps/news/national/south/judge-rejects-delay-in-natalee-holloway-case-nt11-jgr_3948487

NORMALLY - medical/hospital insurance is individual, individual and spouse or individual/spouse and family.  I would assume that Dave and Robin have a family policy which would include ALL children.  Removing one child will not make the premiums go down.  That's how it would work in California anyway.

That's how it would work in Alabama too.  My guess is that Dave has a $25,000 term life
policy on Natalee.  They kind of policy probably cost him $2000, but he would get that back
and the rest to boot.  I don't think Matt would get it.  JMO

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #533 on: September 23, 2011, 05:36:53 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/natalee-holloways-mom-clings-hope-daughter-alive/story?id=14591709

Natalee Holloway's Mom Still Hoping She Is Alive

This undated family photo originally released by Marcia Twitty shows Natalee Holloway of Mountain Brook, Ala. (Courtesy Marcia Twitty/AP Photo)

By COLLEEN CURRY
Sept. 23, 2011

The mother of missing teen Natalee Holloway is clinging to a faint hope that her daughter, who disappeared in 2005, is still alive and is fighting a petition by her ex-husband to have Natalee legally presumed dead.

"Even if it's a one in a million chance, she wants to always have that sliver of hope," said Beth Holloway's attorney, John Q. Kelly, after a court hearing today over the contentious petition.

"She doesn't want to be in the position where Natalee could show up one day and ask, 'Why did you give up on me?'" he said.

Kelly and the girl's mother, Beth Holloway, did not attend a court hearing today on a petition brought by Natalee's father Dave Holloway to have her declared dead. Beth Holloway and Kelly had previously scheduled travel plans.

"We had made an application for an adjournment so we could have Beth there to testify and to prepare proper opposition for evidence for the court hearing," Kelly said. But the judge decided to listen to testimony anyway, hearing from Dave Holloway and a local attorney representing Beth, and could make his decision based on that testimony.

There is a chance, Kelly said, that the judge will wait to hear testimony from Beth Holloway before rendering a judgment.

Kelly called the father's petition "inexplicable," and said that Beth Holloway is not ready to have her daughter declared dead because of the slim chance she mgiht still be alive somewhere.

Kelly said that Beth Holloway's refusal to allow Natalee to be declared dead also lends emotional support to so many other families in similar situations, counseling them not to give up hope, and that she therefore could not give up hope herself.

Attorneys for Dave Holloway did not return calls for comment.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #534 on: September 23, 2011, 05:45:40 PM »

That's how my insurance works in Texas; and for one of my family members in Mississippi as well.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #535 on: September 23, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »

That's the way it is here, also.  I believe with the new laws, a child can be covered up to the age of 26 or something but I still don't think it would cost more.  If Natalee had a $2000.00 college fund, why did he say her assets were $500?   
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #536 on: September 23, 2011, 05:59:31 PM »

I agree with Magnolia.  Maybe even a whole life policy that he's been paying on....and it's due to have a premium increase.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #537 on: September 23, 2011, 06:32:14 PM »

By Meri Ulrich
Nov. 22, 2005

I recently heard Beth Twitty make the remark that she did not purchase a life insurance policy for her daughter Natalee Holloway. I also heard Dave Holloway confirm that when Natalee was a toddler, a life insurance policy was purchased for her.

December 5, 2005

If this is true why is he only giving Matt $2,000

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: September 23, 2011, 06:59:40 PM »

By Meri Ulrich
Nov. 22, 2005

December 5, 2005

If this is true why is he only giving Matt $2,000

I don't believe for a minute there is any million dollar life insurance policy. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: September 23, 2011, 09:56:25 PM »

I don't believe for a minute there is any million dollar life insurance policy. 

I agree.  However ... even if there was a million dollar life insurance policy ... so what?

It has been over six years since Natalee failed to return home from an Aruban getaway in celebration of her high school graduation.  If Dave has made the hearbreaking decision to have his daughter declared deceased ... so be it.

However ... Dave did not take into consideration that Natalee has TWO parents.  Maybe ... just maybe ... out of respect ... out of empathy ... Dave could have somehow  informed Beth in a timely manner of his intentions.  Instead he surprised Natalee's mother with a citation ... a citation that afforded Beth only two weeks to prepare a legal opposition.  The implication?  If John Q. Kelly was not free to work on the case and/or ... Beth had previously arranged committments ... too bad ... so sad.

The judge's unbelievable denial of an delay for 30 days implies that Natalee's father does has a legal foundation to support his actions but ... was it moral?

Anyways ... the outcome will be what the outcome will be.  Natalee Holloway may be declared legally deceased but ... the record will show that her mother for whatever reasons objected and ... Beth Holloway will continue with grace her mission to be a voice of Natalee.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.