March 29, 2024, 02:50:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #860 8/28/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 407055 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: September 23, 2011, 09:59:22 PM »

Natalee Holloway's mother opposes death declaration
By the CNN Wire Staff
September 22, 2011

<snipped>

"If Dave seeks closure on such a personal and sensitive matter, it should be respected, but not imposed upon Beth in such an adversarial and public manner," Kelly said Thursday.

Beth Holloway said in a statement last week, issued through her Natalee Holloway Resource Center, which aids families of missing persons, that she learned about the filing when she was handed documents by a process server while addressing a conference in Georgia.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/22/justice/alabama-holloway-petition/index.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: September 23, 2011, 10:11:41 PM »

September 23, 2011 11:51 AM
Judge rejects delay in Natalee Holloway case

(AP)  BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — A judge has refused to delay a court hearing on a request by Natalee Holloway's father to have her declared dead six years after she disappeared in Aruba.

An attorney for Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway, sought the delay Friday because she could not attend the hearing. She was giving a speech in California. But probate Judge Alan King said she had more than two weeks' notice about the hearing.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/23/ap/business/main20110733.shtml

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: September 23, 2011, 10:32:13 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/23/ap/business/main20110733.shtml

September 23, 2011 11:51 AM
Judge rejects delay in Natalee Holloway case

(AP)  BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — A judge has refused to delay a court hearing on a request by Natalee Holloway's father to have her declared dead six years after she disappeared in Aruba.

An attorney for Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway, sought the delay Friday because she could not attend the hearing. She was giving a speech in California. But probate Judge Alan King said she had more than two weeks' notice about the hearing.

::snipping2::

An attorney for Dave Holloway says it's painful to seek the court ruling. But it would allow him to use her college fund for her younger brother.

King said he would rule later on whether to proceed with the process for a declaration of death.

(Bolded by Me)
This is the first time I've seen a reason given  why Dave was seeking the court ruling to declare Natalee deceased. 

So this is the reason?  I guess there are some financial problems.  Just wish Dave had privately discussed this with Beth and they had come to some agreement.  But it does seem to be one of those things that are not really anybody else's business or concern.  Hope they work it out.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: September 23, 2011, 11:02:34 PM »

I think there is more to Dave's actions.  You don't do all of this for only $2,000.  Was it really worth it to hurt Beth.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: September 23, 2011, 11:03:40 PM »

I'm sure Beth is making sure Matt is getting thru college.  I'm sure Matt doesn't need $2000, not like it pays for much college.    There has to be more to this.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: September 23, 2011, 11:05:29 PM »

I'm sure Beth is making sure Matt is getting thru college.  I'm sure Matt doesn't need $2000, not like it pays for much college.    There has to be more to this.

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #546 on: September 23, 2011, 11:10:12 PM »

http://www.wane.com/dpps/news/national/south/judge-rejects-delay-in-natalee-holloway-case-nt11-jgr_3948487

Holloway death ruling due next week
Beth Holloway opposes a declaration of death

Updated: Friday, 23 Sep 2011, 1:23 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 23 Sep 2011, 11:47 AM EDT

PHILLIP RAWLS,Associated Press

If Natalee Holloway is ruled dead, her father could use her $2,000 college fund for her younger brother, Matt, and could stop paying for hospital insurance for her, attorney Mark White said.

NORMALLY - medical/hospital insurance is individual, individual and spouse or individual/spouse and family.  I would assume that Dave and Robin have a family policy which would include ALL children.  Removing one child will not make the premiums go down.  That's how it would work in California anyway.

You can only carry children on your medical insurance policy until the age of 25 or 26 anyway. Some states require they be full time students to do it, others don't.

If I understand this correctly, Dave is saying he needs $2,000.00 for Matt's college fund, and declaring Natalee dead would give him the two thousand?

This whole thing stinks to high heaven, IMO. There's another story here, whether we'll ever know it or not.

$2000.00 will get you nowhere in terms of a college education.......... trust me........ I know! I can't imagine that removing Natalee from a policy would reduce the cost that much anyway. And what's the deal that Dave would file for such a thing without bothering to mention his intentions  to Natalee's MOTHER???

If that amount of money was so important to Dave, Beth just might have told him she'd kick it in and would prefer to leave Natalee's status alone. Maybe she wouldn't have said that, but he'll never know because he just forged ahead and let Beth be served with notice. I understand that they are no longer married and certainly have no obligations to be chummy on a daily basis, but Natalee is and always will be THEIR daughter. If one of them wants to have the other's child declared DEAD, you'd think a phone call, at least, would be in order, wouldn't you?

I'm sorry, it just does not sit well with me............ AT ALL! It's hard for me to look kindly on anyone who would upset Beth over Natalee........... even if it's Dave.

OK. Rant Over!   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #547 on: September 23, 2011, 11:18:14 PM »

I think there is more to Dave's actions.  You don't do all of this for only $2,000.  Was it really worth it to hurt Beth.

I agree. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: September 23, 2011, 11:18:30 PM »

Exactly.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: September 23, 2011, 11:28:43 PM »

Probably not but ... following the release of his excellent expose' "Corruption in Paradise" Dave has lacked the ability to take a stand against the dictates/influence of those who consider Beth a threat to his/her respective agenda.

IMO

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: September 23, 2011, 11:30:33 PM »

http://www.wane.com/dpps/news/national/south/judge-rejects-delay-in-natalee-holloway-case-nt11-jgr_3948487

Holloway death ruling due next week
Beth Holloway opposes a declaration of death

Updated: Friday, 23 Sep 2011, 1:23 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 23 Sep 2011, 11:47 AM EDT

PHILLIP RAWLS,Associated Press

If Natalee Holloway is ruled dead, her father could use her $2,000 college fund for her younger brother, Matt, and could stop paying for hospital insurance for her, attorney Mark White said.

NORMALLY - medical/hospital insurance is individual, individual and spouse or individual/spouse and family.  I would assume that Dave and Robin have a family policy which would include ALL children.  Removing one child will not make the premiums go down.  That's how it would work in California anyway.

You can only carry children on your medical insurance policy until the age of 25 or 26 anyway. Some states require they be full time students to do it, others don't.

If I understand this correctly, Dave is saying he needs $2,000.00 for Matt's college fund, and declaring Natalee dead would give him the two thousand?

This whole thing stinks to high heaven, IMO. There's another story here, whether we'll ever know it or not.

$2000.00 will get you nowhere in terms of a college education.......... trust me........ I know! I can't imagine that removing Natalee from a policy would reduce the cost that much anyway. And what's the deal that Dave would file for such a thing without bothering to mention his intentions  to Natalee's MOTHER???

If that amount of money was so important to Dave, Beth just might have told him she'd kick it in and would prefer to leave Natalee's status alone. Maybe she wouldn't have said that, but he'll never know because he just forged ahead and let Beth be served with notice. I understand that they are no longer married and certainly have no obligations to be chummy on a daily basis, but Natalee is and always will be THEIR daughter. If one of them wants to have the other's child declared DEAD, you'd think a phone call, at least, would be in order, wouldn't you?

I'm sorry, it just does not sit well with me............ AT ALL! It's hard for me to look kindly on anyone who would upset Beth over Natalee........... even if it's Dave.

OK. Rant Over!   

Rant all you want CBB!    

It does all stink to high heaven, and doesn't sit well with me either.   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #551 on: September 23, 2011, 11:32:17 PM »

OK. Rant Over!   

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: September 23, 2011, 11:35:21 PM »

Where did everybody go?

Good Night San

Janet
8:30 PM PT

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: September 24, 2011, 12:32:20 AM »

Exactly.

His lawyer is charging more than $2,000.   The whole thing makes him look really bad. IMO

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: September 24, 2011, 03:13:05 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=583061336&sk=wall

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: September 24, 2011, 04:02:59 AM »

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #556 on: September 24, 2011, 04:05:40 AM »

A clip from a scene in Valentijn Van Der Sloot's film "Employee of the Month" where the character (left) is supposed to smash a coffee pot onto his co-worker's head (right). We were all excited about ...
http://www.enough.com/viewvid.cfm?id=x6uzAB54GdQ
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: September 24, 2011, 11:14:03 AM »

I am really clueless as to why Natalee's father would do this.  Is i possible that it is part of what needs to be done for a wrongful death suit?  I just can't understand why he didn't talk to Beth privately....

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: September 24, 2011, 12:02:43 PM »

Short video clip of the court proceeding

http://video-embed.al.com/services/player/bcpid619329486001?bctid=1178338807001

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20110923/NEWS03/110923029/Judge-weighs-bid-declare-missing-Natalee-Holloway-dead?odyssey=tab

Dave Holloway, father of missing Mountain Brook woman Natalee Holloway, sit in Jefferson County probate court Friday, Sept. 23, 2011 in Birmingham, Ala. Holloway asked to have his daughter legally declared dead, six years after the Alabama teen disappeared on a high school graduation trip to Aruba. / AP Photo/The Birmingham News

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/09/jefferson_county_judge_rules_r.html

Dave Holloway is embraced by one of his attorneys, Karen Hennecy after being in court for a hearing on a petition for presumption of death for his daughter, missing Mountain Brook teenager Natalee Holloway in Jefferson County probate court Fri., Sept. 23, 2011 in Birmingham, Ala. (The Birmingham News/Bernard Troncale).

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/national/judge-moves-toward-declaring-natalee-holloway-dead/article_68ca6017-0ea4-5e03-a1d8-a65bfcdb2758.html

BERNARD TRONCALE
Dave Holloway, father of missing Mountain Brook woman Natalee Holloway, sit in Jefferson County probate court Friday, Sept. 23, 2011 in Birmingham, Ala. Holloway asked to have his daughter legally declared dead, six years after the Alabama teen disappeared on a high school graduation trip to Aruba. (AP Photo/The Birmingham News, Bernard Troncale)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: September 24, 2011, 12:10:30 PM »

Jefferson County judge rules request to officially declare Natalee Holloway dead may proceed (video)

Published: Friday, September 23, 2011, 3:17 PM     Updated: Friday, September 23, 2011, 4:12 PM

By Eric Velasco -- The Birmingham News

Testifying for about 45 minutes this morning, Dave Holloway described the months-long search for his missing daughter in Aruba. Based on statements by the prime suspect in the case, Joran van der Sloot, the father believes his daughter is dead, Dave Holloway testified today.

"This is one case we'd like to lose," said Mark White, one of Dave Holloway's lawyers. "We would like to have someone come forward. You hope to have some closure personally. Our job is to try to get some closure legally.

King ordered two notices to be published in a local newspaper seeking proof that Holloway is still alive. A hearing will be held at least 12 weeks after that for King to make the final official determination if she is alive.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.