March 28, 2024, 10:42:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #860 8/28/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 407041 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: September 24, 2011, 02:31:03 PM »

I'm sure Beth is making sure Matt is getting thru college.  I'm sure Matt doesn't need $2000, not like it pays for much college.    There has to be more to this.

Exactly.

His lawyer is charging more than $2,000.   The whole thing makes him look really bad. IMO

This is so true Magnolia.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #581 on: September 24, 2011, 02:32:55 PM »

I can't seem to make that quote stack work... 

You're welcome Kermit!

I can say from personal experience that $2000 is a drop in the bucket when it comes to college costs.  It would only cover almost half of my youngest son's tuition for this semester alone.  And that's just tuition...no books or other expenses included.

tuition costs for me were over $140,000.00 grand.

Maybe Dave doesn't know what it costs for college????? I don't know. Maybe it's a junior college????
But still, it's just not adding up.

I agree.   

Thank you for all your hard work in that oil thread. I'm sure one day something is going to fall into place. It's read - just to let you know.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: September 24, 2011, 02:40:27 PM »

Just my thinking, which doesn't amount to much but I don't think Natalee would have to be declared dead in the U. S. courts for prosecution to proceed for her murder.

It just seems unreasonable to me that a financial burden like that (attorney's etc) would be required of any victim's family to allow prosecution.

Haven't researched it, just my opinion.

I'm trying to figure it out too - doesn't make any sense the direction Dave is taking, however in order to charge someone with murder we'd need to have some indication the person is dead. Cuz if you were on a jury, wouldn't you be sitting there thinking she could be alive if the defense team came up with Joran's sold her into sex trafficking lie and pulls out his taped conversation with his dad as proof.  It might be a legal strategy maybe????

If this is the reason Dave is pursuing to declare Natalee dead then that is a good reason. But I still have my doubts.

Didn't we all learn that it would be a good idea if Dave kept Beth in the loop.  Wasn't it Dave and Tim Miller who said Beth should have not gone to visit Joran in prison because they had a plan.  Tim went so far as to bad mouth Beth.  So now Dave does this.  Either it is a selfish plan by Dave or a smart plan by Dave.  Either way keep the real mother in the know.  Miscommunication on both ends will not help Natalee's case.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: September 24, 2011, 02:44:18 PM »

BINGO!!

Kermit ... you should be an attorney!  If the 30 day delay requested by Beth had not been denied by the judge ... Joran's "Selling of Natalee" confession would have afforded the a perfect challenge to the petitioning of the court to have Natalee declared deceased.

Is it possible that the Judge's denial could be appealed?  Think about it.  Natalee's mother was provided only two weeks notice regarding yesterday's hearing.  Considering the petition was filed by Dave in June ... the playing  field was far from even.  Dave had the advantage in regards to preparation time.

Janet

++++++
Thank you. Other people have made that same statement to me about being an attorney.
Appeal would be my thinking as it is an unfair & biased court that has taken place. 

When it comes to courts/judges it is usually what is reasonable and in this case, as you pointed out, it's unfair & unreasonable to not give the mother time to prepare a defense as to why the declaration should move forward.

Then add into the mix John Q. Kelly (Anna's dream man)  and you'll have a WINNER!!!!

It's just going to cost $$$$$ once again for Beth to defend her daughter.

Such a shame when all Dave had to do was pick up the dern phone.

But psychologically speaking from the photo, Dave is holding in a lot of emotion. That is the problem. Plus, in my opinion, he always listened and trusted the wrong people. And that's all I'm going to elaborate on that subject.

It is what it is eh.

I agree.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #584 on: September 24, 2011, 02:49:22 PM »

I'm sure Beth is making sure Matt is getting thru college.  I'm sure Matt doesn't need $2000, not like it pays for much college.    There has to be more to this.

Exactly.

His lawyer is charging more than $2,000.   The whole thing makes him look really bad. IMO

This is so true Magnolia.

DAVE HAS:

* budding up with Dompig & giving him information
* budding up with *some* internet people
* paying Fred Golba & his dog spot to go search a pond in Aruba based on information fed to him from Lorenzo Webb and Rudolf the cap.
* sending Tim Miller to run off the Persistence boat to track down Marco
* Wishy washy Boycott Aruba, don't boycott Aruba statements
* Trusting Mark Purcell as his confidant in Aruba who couldn't find Margarite Island.
* Asking us to find out about some house where someone told him Natalee was taken. I discovered that information was from some psychic online that copied the posts and sent it to Dave to make it appear it was secret inside information. It was nothing more then a scam that I spent hours on trying to piece it together.
* Never following up on the RV Persistence information. Why he didn't even have a program he said to read it on his computer. (insert shaking my head here)
* Never communicating with Beth before he published his book or  before he filed to have their daughter declared dead!

What a tool!

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: September 24, 2011, 03:05:12 PM »

Mind boggling isn't it.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: September 24, 2011, 03:09:36 PM »

The reason why I continue to follow this case is because I want to support Beth in her pursuit of Justice for Natalee.

There are so many times you can get smacked in the face and for those reasons that you just listed above Kermit is why I will not continue to support Dave.  Dave and his wife made friends with the enemy.  He has made one bad decision after another.

Sometimes you just have to get mean like the enemy.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: September 24, 2011, 03:14:03 PM »

The reason why I continue to follow this case is because I want to support Beth in her pursuit of Justice for Natalee.

There are so many times you can get smacked in the face and for those reasons that you just listed above Kermit is why I will not continue to support Dave.  Dave and his wife made friends with the enemy.  He has made one bad decision after another.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: September 24, 2011, 04:56:33 PM »

Posted on Saturday, 09.24.11
Judge moves toward declaring Natalee Holloway dead

<snipped>

His attorney, Karen Hennecy, asked, ""Dave, do you believe Natalee is alive today?"

"No," he answered quietly.

Holloway said he based his conclusion partially on statements by the primary suspect, Joran van der Sloot, that he had seen her die.

<snipped>

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/24/2422402/judge-moves-toward-declaring-natalee.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #589 on: September 24, 2011, 04:58:38 PM »

The reason why I continue to follow this case is because I  support Beth in her pursuit of Justice for Natalee.
After meeting Beth and hanging out with her a few hours, she was even more of a inspiration to me .
We talked on the phone a few times and emailed each other but to see her she was like seeing your Hero.
 I was on a personal high for weeks
 I admire her courage and her guts.
 Beth is a beautiful person inside and out. She told me she thought of me as a friend and hugged me. She asked me to stand by her as she answered questions also wanted my input.
Beth is a down to earth Lady that you can easily talk to.
 I can't say enough good about her I trust her judgment, I will stand by her always.
If Beth wasn't ready then why the rush.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: September 24, 2011, 05:26:59 PM »

<snipped>

His attorney, Karen Hennecy, asked, ""Dave, do you believe Natalee is alive today?"

"No," he answered quietly.

Holloway said he based his conclusion partially on statements by the primary suspect, Joran van der Sloot, that he had seen her die.

<snipped>

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/24/2422402/judge-moves-toward-declaring-natalee.html

In the Balcony, Range Rover, Above Ground Tomb and Extortion "confessions" ... Joran claims that Natalee was deceased when he left her on the morning of May 30, 2005.  However in the I Left Natalee at the Beach and the I Sold Natalee "confessions" Joran claims when he last saw Natalee she was alive.

Considering that every word that spews forth from Joran's lips cannot be believed ...Dave's testimony in yesterday's hearing needs to be challenged.

Janet

+++++

[color=blue]I Sold Natalee[/color]

Transcript:

Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record' with New Natalee Holloway Story

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,457144,00.html

Transcript:

Fallout From Joran van der Sloot's 'On the Record' Interview

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,457715,00.html

I left Natalee at the Beach

Transcript: Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record,' Part 1

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186581,00.html

Transcript: Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record,' Part 2

Friday, March 03, 2006

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186707,00.html

Transcript: Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record,' Part 3

Monday, March 06, 2006

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186880,00.html

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: September 24, 2011, 06:03:46 PM »

<snipped>

Holloway testified that he was surprised by his wife's objection and called the FBI agent in charge of the investigation Thursday night to make sure the agency still considered it a homicide case. Holloway said he told the agent, "'I need to know right now has anything changed?' He said it has not."

<snipped>

Never Passed the Ball

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 184: Then FBI agent Bill comes by and delivers the final blow. "The FBI has never received one single document from the Arubans. Not one tape. Nothing." he says sadly. Depite our personal pleas to authorities here and our broadcast appeals to Aruba to let the FBI lend a hand, and regardless of Aruba's public response that it would welcome FBI assistance, the island never let FBI agents in on the investigation. Never passed them the ball. Not even for one minute

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #592 on: September 24, 2011, 06:12:47 PM »

The reason why I continue to follow this case is because I  support Beth in her pursuit of Justice for Natalee.
After meeting Beth and hanging out with her a few hours, she was even more of a inspiration to me .
We talked on the phone a few times and emailed each other but to see her she was like seeing your Hero.
 I was on a personal high for weeks
 I admire her courage and her guts.
 Beth is a beautiful person inside and out. She told me she thought of me as a friend and hugged me. She asked me to stand by her as she answered questions also wanted my input.
Beth is a down to earth Lady that you can easily talk to.
 I can't say enough good about her I trust her judgment, I will stand by her always.
If Beth wasn't ready then why the rush.

it would have been so easy to pick up the phone and discuss it with Beth or at least have
Dave's lawyer contact John Q. Kelley.   If Dave needs the money from an insurance policy,
I am sure Beth would have understood, but to have her served by a process server was just
totally uncalled for.  Dave didn['t show a thinblefull of human kindness to the mother of his oldest daughter.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: September 24, 2011, 08:18:35 PM »

I wonder if the reason Dave didn't call Beth was because he knew she wouldn't want to have Natalee declared legally deceased.  (He already knew the answer).  However, I agree that he could have at the very least  had his attorney contact John Q. Kelley. But to have Beth served?     Why?  Why did he do that?   I can't begin to imagine what that must have felt like for Beth.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: September 24, 2011, 08:22:49 PM »

I wonder if the reason Dave and his attorney decided to have Beth served was that once she had the papers, it set the procedures in motion.  It sure looks to me like Dave didn't want a discussion of any sorts.  Just wham!  Papers served.  And this doesn't sound like something that would need to happen over a $2,000.00 college fund.  Not at all!    

What in the world is going on with this?  Something isn't right.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: September 24, 2011, 08:32:39 PM »

So Dave filed  in June?  And he knew all this time and never consulted with Beth or even John Q. Kelley?  And Dave had her served with papers.  And she only has two weeks time.    Why?

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/09/jefferson_county_judge_rules_r.html
Jefferson County judge rules request to officially declare Natalee Holloway dead may proceed (video)
September 23, 2011

::snipping2::
The petition to have her officially declared dead was filed in June by her father, Dave Holloway. The father has continued to pay his daughter's insurance and other expenses and wants to transfer to Natalee's brother, Matt, some $2,000 Dave Holloway had set aside for his daughter's college education, he said in a hearing today.
 ::snipping2::

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #596 on: September 24, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »

I wonder if the reason Dave and his attorney decided to have Beth served was that once she had the papers, it set the procedures in motion.  It sure looks to me like Dave didn't want a discussion of any sorts.  Just wham!  Papers served.  And this doesn't sound like something that would need to happen over a $2,000.00 college fund.  Not at all!    

I can only think of two reasons that Dave would handle the situation as her did:
Money or vindictiveness

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #597 on: September 24, 2011, 10:01:03 PM »

I'll tell you how I know that I love someone - it's when I would die for them. No matter what.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #598 on: September 24, 2011, 10:10:52 PM »

I can only think of two reasons that Dave would handle the situation as her did:
Money or vindictiveness

I don't know what's in his head, but I can say there have been a couple of things that I found questionable behavior.
I wanted to believe the good in him, but now I just don't any more. I think it was after that Birmingham meeting that I learned he and his wife took off for Las Vegas for a little fun. Just didn't sit right with me. I have had a family member missing and I'll tell ya what - we never thought of going to Las Vegas, especially when other people sent them money. And he was paying that Rammstein fart money to translate documents. What a joke!
When ya add it all up with what we know - kinda makes ya sick.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #599 on: September 24, 2011, 10:19:31 PM »

he's always done things HIS way no?
from Listening to crack pots....
to divulging information to Dompig
either oblivious of his wives hook ups with Reality or just doesn't give a crumb
and has Mark Purcell as his confidant in Aruba
while hiring an Aruba attorney who hangs out with Renfro

now add on that he thinks giving his son 2,000 will be him a college education.
and being disrespectful to the mother of his daughter is just over-the-edge imo

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.