March 28, 2024, 01:44:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 20- 6/16/11  (Read 483242 times)
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #740 on: June 16, 2011, 12:19:14 PM »

11:10am Thursday, June 16, 2011 Court is in session.

Back from side bar.

The defense witness Heather Seubert is back on the witness stand. She is an expert witness from the FBI.

Baez is up....

Looking at report from March 19, 2009.  These items are duct tape from the ME's office.  They were submitted from the FBI.  She examined the top side of the tape, the silver side of the tape.  They were swabbed for biological material.  The logo Henkle was throughout the tape.  They found a DNA profile but it was below the threshold for the FBI reporting policy.  How many markers were there?  6 out of the 9 that were tested.  The witness is going to Baez's Big Pad. They looked for 13 areas on the DNA....talking about DNA.  She used two different DNA kits on the samples.  She listed out 9 of the 13 locations needed.  As it relates to the non-sticky side of the duct tape what did you find?  It did not meet my reporting threshold. How many markers do you need to exclude someone?  One marker.  Could you exclude Casey Anthony from the one marker?  Yes.  Could you exclude Caylee Anthony?  Yes.  She then tested the known blood samples from other family members, Lee, George, Cindy.  All of those individuals were excluded from this profile.  What did you do next to find out who this might be?  I tested the people in the lab.  Did you find someone who matched these markers.  She knew it was a female marker so she identified those people in the lab and it turned out to be Laurie Godison in the FBI lab.  Can this DNA contaminate DNA that was already there?  Depends on the quantity of the DNA.  On this item the profile was low, so she would expect to see a mixture and she didn't.  It is still possible that other DNA was contaminated?  No, I would of expected it to be contained there.  What if it was too low, would it still be there?  Objection..sustained.  Can contaminated DNA override DNA already there?  If a large presence of DNA was put over a small amount of DNA it would be possible.  The tape got to the FBI last in the line.  Yes.  Is that common?  What.  Would it have been better for the FBI to get the duct tape first?  Any time an item is touched it can be contaminated but my test would of been no different. Who decides where the evidence goes?  It follows the FBI protocol.  Was it your understanding that the duct tape had been exposed to numerous elements?  Yes, we knew it was outside in a swamp that had water in it at times.  Do the elements degrade DNA?  Sure, sunlight, humidity, different factors can effect DNA.  Why do the test?  Because it is still evidence in this case and I needed to test it for DNA.  You can still get DNA from items under water?  It is possible but there would be several different factors in the time the item was submerged, was it semen was it blood?  You can also get DNA profiles from someone who has been burned?  Yes.  Are there multiple variables that determine if a DNA profile can be found?  Do you know all the variables of an item?  No.  Is it possible for you to know if you can get DNA from an item before you test it?  Depends, if it looks like a blood stain, I think I can get one, other stains, I don't know.  Where would you stand a chance of getting a DNA profile on duct tape?  Top side or sticky side?  Jeff asks for a side bar, 11:40..side bar is over.....

The higher likely hood would be the underside touching someones face.  If it was put on violently, would you expect to find tissue on it?  Yes.  Did you test the sticky side?  Yes, it was inconclusive.  Was there a readout?  Yes there was a peak found at the D-3 location, it was a 17.  Is Caylee Anthony a 17 at the D-3 marker?  No, she is a 14/15.  Could you exclude Caylee Anthony at that marker?  Yes.  Could you exclude Casey Anthony at that marker?  Yes, she is also a 14/15.  Moving to her Aug 19, 2009 report.  What are the item you received on this report?  A pair of shorts.  Where did these shorts come from?  From the ME's office.  What tests were done on those shorts?  Tests for blood and semen, both were negative.  Next item is clothing, letters, stitching and stretch material.  Tested possible for blood but was found to be negative.  It was then sent for DNA typing, there was no DNA from that item.  Next item is a blanket.  Did you find blood on that blanket?  It tested possible for blood but it was negative.  No DNA was found on the blanket.  It was also looked at for the presence of semen, that was negative.  Next item is a laundry bag.  Ran blood tests, it was positive but insufficient quantity for testing for blood.  No DNA was present.  Next item is a blanket.  Tested for the blood and semen.  It had a possible test for blood but the test was negative, tested negative for DNA.  Baez just struck all evidence for this blanket, it was his mistake.  Next item is doll.  Where did the doll come from?  Collected from Sun Fire, was in the car seat.  Was tested for presence of blood that test was negative.  Next report was Dec 16, 2008. On page 2 of your report were you given the profiles of Cindy, George and Lee Anthony?  Yes, buccal samples.  Were you asked to conduct a paternity test for Lee Anthony being the father of Caylee Anthony?  Side Bar........

Judge is recessing for lunch.  12:00am.

Jeff is objecting to this question, Baez knows that the FBI does not do paternity testing and this was not in good faith.  Judge asks Baez was this a good faith question?  I have two very good faith reasons for asking this question.  First it was tested for paternity for Lee Anthony being the parent of Caylee Anthony.  The FBI does not normally do it but they did do it in this case and it was sent out after that.  It was in black and white in a report, how is that not in a good faith basis?  Jeff Ashton knew I was going to ask this question.  Jeff asks the FBI witness if she was ever asked to perform a paternity test for Lee being the father of Caylee?  On Sep 12, 2008, she spoke to Nick Savage that she could run the test and then send it to a further lab for testing.  Does that in any way mention Lee Anthony?  No.  Jeff says that LE did not ask for this test.  There is no good faith basis for that and that is hearsay and not relevant.  Baez is asking the witness, who did you think you they asked for the paternity test?  Nick Savage asked her if she could run the result and find out if Lee could be the father of Caylee.  So they ran the test and if he was a possible father they would send it to another lab.  She then reported out that Lee Anthony could not be the father of Caylee Anthony.  Jeff wants to know, how is this a good faith basis, asking what some LE asked someone to do.  That is not the question Baez asked and that is not what he was trying to tell the jury.  The judge says that he doesn't know what was in Baez or Jeff's mind but they are not to ask questions unless you want to ask the LE what they asked.  I am not going to venture to speculate why you asked that.  There is a case called Del Monte Banana Company, read it, it talks about good faith basis.  There is another case Brock, please read those cases for a good faith basis for asking questions.  That is all I am going to say.  Jeff wants the last question stricken and the judge says he will look at the question.  He does not have a hearing problem and the amplification of your objections does not need to be raised.  He will ask the court reporter to mark the last question and he will consider striking it.  Court is in recess till 1:30pm.

EDIT: FIXED TYPO
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:30:45 PM by CBB » Logged

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #741 on: June 16, 2011, 12:19:28 PM »

Judge Eaton says the defense is pointing out that there is lack of evidence in a lot of things.  Prosecution is not having a good day.

I disagree

I disagree as well.  Baez is basically trying to get the jury to believe in a bunch of lies, therefore he is bringing up things not in evidence, making inferences when none could be made w/out the evidence, and so on. 

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #742 on: June 16, 2011, 12:20:10 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/
Day 20: Casey Anthony's defense calls 1st witness, unveils new evidence

Four weeks into the Casey Anthony trial, it's the defense's turn to present its case. Today, the jury could hear from a surprise witness claiming to be connected to George Anthony.
 ::snipping2::
Love this photo of Baez at the flippin' flip chart!  It should say, Casey did it and I'm a Doofus!

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #743 on: June 16, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »

Bozo knows the test was negative for Lee being the father, he's setting up that it appears abuse may have transpired as a result of them asking.   NO, they asked because speculation was made.   That's it, that's all.
Did Casey say something in the beginning about abuse by Lee and/or George to steer LE in this direction?  I remember there was speculation from jump about paternity, but I can't recall why incest was immmediately thought of.

It is not in any of her statements that I remember.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: June 16, 2011, 12:20:29 PM »

Bozo knows the test was negative for Lee being the father, he's setting up that it appears abuse may have transpired as a result of them asking.   NO, they asked because speculation was made.   That's it, that's all.
Did Casey say something in the beginning about abuse by Lee and/or George to steer LE in this direction?  I remember there was speculation from jump about paternity, but I can't recall why incest was immmediately thought of.

No, Casey made no mention until her "set up" jail letters.  She did infer it to Jesse Grund & Tony L according to their statements seen in discovery, and this is what prompted Nick Savage from the FBI to inquire.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: June 16, 2011, 12:20:35 PM »

Casey Anthony watches the jury arrive in the courtroom during day 20 of her 1st -degree murder trial at the Orange County Courthouse, in Orlando, Fla., Thursday, June 16, 2011.
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/june/263696/Day-20:-Casey-Anthonys-defense-calls-1st-witness,-unveils-new-evidence

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #746 on: June 16, 2011, 12:20:52 PM »

ABCAshleigh Ashleigh Banfield
The good folks at Time were kind enuf to send me an advance copy yestdy of #caseyanthony piece.

http://twitter.com/#!/ABCAshleigh
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: June 16, 2011, 12:21:34 PM »

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
There are 5 people in the hallway who could all be called to testify. #CaseyAnthony -jfell

http://twitter.com/#!/CFNews13Casey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: June 16, 2011, 12:22:12 PM »

OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
Vasco Thompson press conference canceled. #caseyanthony

http://twitter.com/#!/OSCaseyAnthony
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: June 16, 2011, 12:22:48 PM »

Before I take a break to put on my gravy for sausage & peppers with pasta tonight & an afternoon dip in the pool I would just like to also add this:

I think Bozo may have opened the door to Tony L's testimony offered in proffer to come out before the jury.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: June 16, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »

Considering the family's attorney concedes that the defence's strategy was known since February ... would it not make sense that George had voluntarily submitted to paternity tests prior to the trial?  All Caylee's info is on file from when Jesse Grund requested a  paternity test in an attempt to determine if he was Caylee's father?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: June 16, 2011, 12:23:18 PM »

Dam, why!   I wanted to have that on the record.

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #752 on: June 16, 2011, 12:23:29 PM »

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #753 on: June 16, 2011, 12:23:39 PM »

Bozo knows the test was negative for Lee being the father, he's setting up that it appears abuse may have transpired as a result of them asking.   NO, they asked because speculation was made.   That's it, that's all.
Did Casey say something in the beginning about abuse by Lee and/or George to steer LE in this direction?  I remember there was speculation from jump about paternity, but I can't recall why incest was immmediately thought of.

No, Casey made no mention until her "set up" jail letters.  She did infer it to Jesse Grund & Tony L according to their statements seen in discovery, and this is what prompted Nick Savage from the FBI to inquire.
Thanks, Capp.  I couldn't remember the timeline. 

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: June 16, 2011, 12:24:09 PM »

that was quick
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: June 16, 2011, 12:24:17 PM »

Considering the family's attorney concedes that the defence's strategy was known since February ... would it not make sense that George had voluntarily submitted to paternity tests prior to the trial?  All Caylee's info is on file from when Jesse Grund requested a  paternity test in an attempt to determine if he was Caylee's father?

Janet

George & Lee were EXCLUDED after testing due to what Jesse Grund & Tony L said in their statements to LE.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #756 on: June 16, 2011, 12:25:02 PM »

Snipped>>>>

Baez is asking the witness, who did you think you they asked for the paternity test?  Nick Savage asked her if she could run the result and find out if Lee could be the father of Caylee.  So they ran the test and if he was a possible father they would send it to another lab.  She then reported out that Lee Anthony could be the father of Caylee Anthony.  

This falls right in line with what my sister in law said. (Microbiologist) Although that chart someone posted claimed he could not she said it ruled the opposite that he or George could be and it would take further testing to disprove either of them.

I hate to laugh but I took a lot of crap over that and it turned out true.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #757 on: June 16, 2011, 12:25:13 PM »

Bozo knows the test was negative for Lee being the father, he's setting up that it appears abuse may have transpired as a result of them asking.   NO, they asked because speculation was made.   That's it, that's all.
Did Casey say something in the beginning about abuse by Lee and/or George to steer LE in this direction?  I remember there was speculation from jump about paternity, but I can't recall why incest was immmediately thought of.

It is not in any of her statements that I remember.

IIRC Many of KC's friends had been bulldinkied into thinking that Lee and George had molested her. It came up early on in the interviews...
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #758 on: June 16, 2011, 12:25:15 PM »

In Baez's OS....(paraphrasing) he said Lee followed in George's actions.....but didn't go as far.  So why try to influence the jury with his statements today?

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: June 16, 2011, 12:26:06 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/KBelichWFTV

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
He's losing the jury's attention
2 minutes ago

He's losing everyone!!   

He sure is!  Doesn't this just strengthen the prosecution's side for the jury?  If so much of what the defense says/does is lost on the jury, seems to me that what they will retain will be what the prosecution says/does. 

and the prosecution gets last bat at the inmate with their rebuttal
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.