March 19, 2024, 04:48:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will the defense put Casey on to testify?  (Voting closed: June 19, 2011, 04:57:26 AM)
YES - 38 (27.5%)
NO - 100 (72.5%)
Total Voters: 137

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 21 - 6/17/11  (Read 504222 times)
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1680 on: June 17, 2011, 05:23:10 PM »

and to think bug boy hasn't even been paid for his career damaging performance today.  Baaz told him they have no money right now. 
I doubt he'll ever see a penny.  Karma, isn't it great?!!!!!
wow.... all that humiliation and no check? 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #1681 on: June 17, 2011, 05:23:57 PM »

and to think bug boy hasn't even been paid for his career damaging performance today.  Baaz told him they have no money right now. 
Wow, he didn't get paid for that ball buster?  OUCH!  That'll teach him to collect first, show up second, get slaughtered third.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1682 on: June 17, 2011, 05:24:16 PM »

Hello everyone!  Been a long time...Smile
  Did you see or hear any of the trial today? Holy cow, what a day!! 
I got to hear a little from work.  Sounded like the lawyers were a little "spirited" to say the least.  Got a little testy at times.  From what I've seen thuis far though, it's like Ali fighting Butterbean (sorry for the boxing reference).  Not much of a contest...

Hiya, third!!   

Glad you could be here today! It's been a good one!! 
Thanks CBB!  So I hear.  Wink  How are you?  I've tried to catch pieces of this trial when I can.  So far, feel pretty confident in her guilt (and ultimate conviction).  You?

Yes....... I believe we'll see Justice for little Caylee!
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1683 on: June 17, 2011, 05:24:38 PM »

Testifying to info not even included in a report of testimony based info?  Where'd they find this guy?  Did he get his degree from one of those career schools you see commercials for during the Maury Povich show broadcast (right before we hear if the baby is Lil' Ray-ray's)...
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1684 on: June 17, 2011, 05:24:39 PM »

Hello everyone!  Been a long time...Smile
T/S....WELCOME HOME
Thanks!!!!  Been a while, huh?  Good to see this place still jumpin'!  I've been all up, down, and around emotionally about this case.  Not sure where I am now (other then knowing she's a frickin' nut job!!).  Regardless though, she needs to be punished.  What kind of bugs me a little is how they could allow such a green attorney to represent a case of this magnitude.  He's making ALL kinds of mistakes in there.  Letting in info/testimony that would otherwise be excluded through his questioning of witnesses.  I'm not sure I'd let this guy represent me on a parking ticket much less murder...

Ditto to every thing you said....fortunately for the case...he has Mason and Finnell...so they sure can't win an appeal on ineffective counsel....even though he is....ego is a tough nut to crack.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1685 on: June 17, 2011, 05:25:45 PM »

I missed it..how did it get brought up that this guy has not been paid yet?
Why doesn't LKB pay him with all the money she is making lately by being on the talk shows..can't stand that loud mouth cackling hen...

Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #1686 on: June 17, 2011, 05:26:47 PM »

How did baez get snagged? What did he do? Or say?

Tim Huntington (currently on the stand) testified that he was contacted by Linda Kenny Baden regarding this case on Dec 11th, 2008.   Dec 11th is the day that Caylee's body was found, but it was not identified until several days later.   The only way LKB could KNOW that she needed Huntington was if the killer told her that was Caylee, OR, she made a presumption...... but if I were the prosecution, I would jump all over this.
Did the prosecution jump on this?  I have been wondering about this all day while I was at the park/pool with my granddaughter.   

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #1687 on: June 17, 2011, 05:26:54 PM »

I missed it..how did it get brought up that this guy has not been paid yet?
Why doesn't LKB pay him with all the money she is making lately by being on the talk shows..can't stand that loud mouth cackling hen...
Isn't that the truth?  Sleep with dirty dogs, you're bound to get fleas. 
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1688 on: June 17, 2011, 05:27:39 PM »

Unfortunately, I think she'll probably only get life (she won't get the old dirt nap punishment).  I have my concerns about this Juror #4 I keep hearing about.  Hopefully she doesn't do the old Pauly Shore move on that jury and hold up the obvious...
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1689 on: June 17, 2011, 05:28:56 PM »

Anna, I read your comment yesterday as to how much this case, Caylee, has torn you apart. 

How great it is that Caylee's team, as depicted in wonderful pic.  shown here today by KCJackie are in her corner.   

Hope todays events have helped.  I know it did me!

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1690 on: June 17, 2011, 05:29:24 PM »

Klaas I see you're back.  I so wish you could have been here to witness Jeff's brilliance today. 

I didn't think much could impress me any more - I was wrong - I am in awe!

I did catch a tiny bit of it and I'll watch the videos.  He is awesome!  I was just reading the Jeff Ashton Fans facebook.

I MISSED YOU today, Klaas!! You would have loved it!! You have to see the video with Jeff, Klaas! It was awesome!!  ::justice2NJ::

I missed you too Klaas!  I'm not sure if you can understand how truly awesome Jeff Ashton was unless you suffered through the hours and hours of direct examination.  More people were kicked out for sleeping today than ever that I know of....that's how bad and extremely ridiculous the extremely LONG direct was.  But Ashton made it all worth while with the cross examination....HE OWNED HIM!

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #1691 on: June 17, 2011, 05:29:25 PM »

3:35pm Friday, June 17, 2011 court is in session.

Warning:  This is not a transcript and it is not verbatim.  It was hard to understand what Timothy Huntington was saying, I got it as close as possible.  I left out anything I couldn't make out.

Defense witness Timothy Huntington is still on the stand.

Jeff is up...........

Approaching the witness with a bag of evidence.  It is a salami container.  What is inside?  A piece of paper. Now that we have examined that, you would agree that there is no food in that trash bag?  There does not appear to be any food in the trash.  You talked about cleaning up a decomp fluid?  You could take a paper towel and clean up a small amount of fluid?  Yes. You could vacuum up the insects?  Yes.  The only thing you could not get rid of is the smell?  I think get rid of is an overstatement.  I think getting rid of would include removing the carpet liner and such.  With my pigs it would of been impossible to clean up after that.  What were the accumulate degree days for your pig experiment?  I don't know?  What was the avg temp?  60 degrees.  So that would be 10 days at 60 degrees what would that be at 90?  Then he does the math, about six and change, not 2? Not 2.  So you would say that your pig experiment does not match a child in a trunk wrapped in a blanket and 3 bags decomposing?  Again it would depend but no not 2 days, it would be more.  If the trunk was hotter than 90 degrees the decomp would go faster?  Yes.  Jeff is done.........

Baez is up............

Dr Huntington you don't disagree with Dr Haskell's report?  No.  Can you explain why the two of you don't disagree?  The evidence at the site of recovery speaks for itself, it was there for months, the evidence suggests that the body was moved after death at some period.  Also after some stage of decomposition was passed?  Yes. You mentioned there were early colonizers in the canvas laundry bag?  Yes.  Can you look at Dr. Haskell's report and see how many early colonizers were there?  There were 75 puparia.  That is not considered a lot?  That is very few when you realize that one female fly can lay hundreds of eggs.  Wouldn't you expect to find that many in the trunk?  I would expect to find many more than 75.  Since each has six legs, we are talking many times one leg?  Yes.  You do disagree with Dr Haskell where the body was prior to it being moved?  Yes...sustained
Dr Haskell's report suggests that the body was in a car trunk and I don't find any reason to think there was a body in the trunk.  You were given all these hypotheticals about chloroform, do you think the chloroform would stop the 75 in the bag?  If it would prevent it you wouldn't of seen the evidence in the bag.  Does the evidence in the bag help you argue against a body being in the car?  Yes.  Have you ever heard about an air sample in a forensic case?  Sustained.  Are air samples recognized within the forensic community?  Sustained.  Your a member of the academy of forensic science?  Yes.  Do you keep up to date on the area of decomp?  Yes, because I teach in this area.  Side bar......very long side bar.......sidebar over 4:07pm 

Baez is up........

About adipocere?  Did the report say adipocere?  No, it said a fatty deposit, like adipocere.  These fatty acids could also be other items including meat products and other things that could become adipocere.  During the process of decomp, is adipocere a by product of decomp. Yes. Can you tell us when adipocere develops?  Jeff is proffering about adipocere....what is your expertise in adipocere?  Being around remains.  Have you ever tested a substance and said it was adipocere?  No, it is what someone tells me it is.  My actual study of the production of adipocere or the presence or absence of it, I have never tested for adipocere.  Judge asks all attorneys of both sides to approach the bench.  Side bar.......side bar is over

Jeff is doing voir doir of Tim Huntington for knowledge of adipocere.......

Have you just read about adipocere?  No,  I have had it pointed it out to me by others.  So you would say that you are not an expert in adipocere?  Then Dr Vass wouldn't be considered an expert in it either.....Sustained

Baez is up..............

How long does it take for adipocere to develop?  It depends on environmental factors, including temperatures.  Would it be cooler temperatures or hotter temperatures. It depends.  Does it take weeks or months to develop?  It depends.  Sustained.  What stage does it show up in?  Later stages.  The garbage that Mr Ashton asked you to see, you saw it when it was first collected and afterwards?  In photos, yes.  Is it a proper practice to alter evidence?  Sustained.  The garbage that you saw today, it was garbage that was collected 3 years ago and it was put in a dry room?  Yes, it is not in the same condition as it was when it was collected.  So, to come here today and show you evidence that was collected then put in a dry room then three years later to be expected to be the same?  Sustained. I would expect the physical evidence now to be different than when it was collected.  Baez is showing him a photo of the damp garbage.  You or Dr. Haskell never got to see the garbage in this condition?  What could you have found in this garbage that could of helped you in entomology?  I would of requested a DNA test of the maggots involved. Sustained.  Sustained.  The maggots also eat remnants of food do they not? Yes.  Mr Ashton asked you about a garbage being an obstacle for insects, do you recall that?  He is showing him a photo of the bag of garbage as it was collected and asks if it is knotted?  Yes it is knotted.  Yet insect found a way in.  So trash bags are not a big deterrent to insects?  No, not with that big of a space opened at the ties.  Mr Ashton asked you if your pig study was done for this case?  You said it was not?  Is that why you didn't use trash bags?  I would of used the same car, wrapped the pigs differently.  I would not of done it in Nebraska, I would of done it in the summertime of Florida.  Mr Ashton asked you if your study relates to this case?  Yes.  Based on what you learned based on carpet from decomp fluid.  Can you look at this photo and tell me if this stain came from decomp?  Sidebar.......Objection over ruled
He can answer the last question.  Looking at the photo it does not look like any decomp stain I have seen.  Homicides, suicides, natural deaths.  He is showing the pig decomp photo.  Is this what decomp fluid looks like?  Yes.  Shows him photo of trunk, is this what a decomp stain looks like?  No.
Talking about smell, if a body is in a car and runs out of gas....sustained.  Would 4 people be able to ride in a car and be able to stand the smell? Sustained.  Sir you never rendered the opinion that chewing tobacco smells the same as a decomposing body have you?  No.  You have never rendered the opinion that dry trash smells like a decomposing body?  Sustained.  Baez is done..........

Jeff is up.........

What is the condition of the garbage when it was in the trunk?  I don't know.  If nothing was added to the bag, we do know that there was no food in the bag?  Yes, sir.  When something gets wet, non-food items don't become food do they?  No, not as I understand the definitions of food.  You have talked about adipocere and decomp stains?  You got your Ph.d and your masters in 2008 the same year this case happened. Yes.  Did you study adipocere and the appearance of decomp?  No.  So your  knowledge of adipocere and decomp stains began in 2008?  No, I started working for a mortuary at 16, in high school and seen lots of bodies in those conditions.  This is the first time you have ever been asked to look at a photo and determine if it was a human decomp stain?  Yes.  You did a report in this case and you were told to put everything you knew about this case in this report?  Yes.  That report does not contain any opinion about identifying a stain, does it?  No.  It's not in here, is it?  It's not in there.  You said that pig experiment is not intended to be a representation of what would happen in this case?  No but I also didn't tell them that it would be.  Jeff is done..........

Baez is up..........

You are the youngest board certified entomologist?  Yes.  You were certified before your PH.d?  Yes.  How much experience do you have in the field with regards to forensic anthropology?  Sustained.  You asked in your report if you had included your opinion of the decomp stain?  Yes.  Were you unaware that you would be asked about pigs in a blanket?  Yes.  Is that why you did not put it in your report?  I didn't know that it would be brought up with me.  Do you deal with photos identifying evidence?  Yes.  That is  very often the way forensic science works?  Yes.  I would think that any forensic entomologist could have the same opinion with the same photos.

Jeff is up......

I thought you just told me you had never been asked to look at a stain of decomp in a photo and give your opinion on it?  I meant in a court of law.  You discussed with Mr Baez your opinion on your photo of the decomp in the trunk, why didn't you put it in your report?  There was no reason to because it had nothing to do with entomology.  Weren't you instructed to include everything in your report?  Yes.

Court is in recess till 9am Saturday morning.

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1692 on: June 17, 2011, 05:29:57 PM »

Unfortunately, I think she'll probably only get life (she won't get the old dirt nap punishment).  I have my concerns about this Juror #4 I keep hearing about.  Hopefully she doesn't do the old Pauly Shore move on that jury and hold up the obvious...

LWOP is ok...as long as she is never free again is fine with me..
juror #4 is a worry...hope she can do the right thing
one of the talking heads last night said that she just looks confused and "why am I here"..

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1693 on: June 17, 2011, 05:32:44 PM »

Testifying to info not even included in a report of testimony based info?  Where'd they find this guy?  Did he get his degree from one of those career schools you see commercials for during the Maury Povich show broadcast (right before we hear if the baby is Lil' Ray-ray's)...

Could be...   do you mean the .5 baby??   
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1694 on: June 17, 2011, 05:33:59 PM »

wow.... all that humiliation and no check? 

guess that happens when you;re willing to sell your soul to the  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1695 on: June 17, 2011, 05:34:43 PM »

Anna, I read your comment yesterday as to how much this case, Caylee, has torn you apart. 

How great it is that Caylee's team, as depicted in wonderful pic.  shown here today by KCJackie are in her corner.   

Yes, I feel better after Jeff Ashton's performance today but Baez just gives me a headache for some reason.

I would love to see Jeff cross examine Casey!  Today was a total waste of time for the Defense and a wash as Jeff cancelled out everything this witness said.

And who considers a high school kid working at a mortuary as education?  He probably was mopping the place, lol.

Thanks!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1696 on: June 17, 2011, 05:36:18 PM »

Wow, he didn't get paid for that ball buster?  OUCH!  That'll teach him to collect first, show up second, get slaughtered third.

omg, you certainly have a way with words.  can't stop 
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1697 on: June 17, 2011, 05:38:27 PM »

Vasco is filing civil suit against JB.
I sure hope so!  Take him for everything!   

I have a legitimate question. Since Vasco went with Morgan & Morgan, and they are the same lawyers Zenaida has, could other parties be brought in to file a class action lawsuit against Baez? I mean, I know it's Casey saying the lies, and that lawyers are supposed to be "covered" in their questions/statements based on "GOOD FAITH" statements from their defendants, but how can it factually be classified as "good faith" in this circumstance since Casey is a PROVEN LIAR. I would think everybody including Jesse, Tony, Amy, Jeff, Kronk anyone could be brought in that was defamed due to misstatements from Casey & Baez having full undisclosed knowledge that Casey is a liar. Besides a regular civil suit filed against Casey, I tend to believe Baez wouldn't be covered as far as class action is concerned bc he's defending a proven liar and casting suspicion on innocent people.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1698 on: June 17, 2011, 05:41:03 PM »

Mark Nejame is on HLN where he actually gets to talk!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1699 on: June 17, 2011, 05:41:10 PM »

Yes, I feel better after Jeff Ashton's performance today but Baez just gives me a headache for some reason.

I would love to see Jeff cross examine Casey!  Today was a total waste of time for the Defense and a wash as Jeff cancelled out everything this witness said.

And who considers a high school kid working at a mortuary as education?  He probably was mopping the place, lol.

Thanks!

Glad you feel a bit better Anna.
It was a total waste for the defence, and I expect the jury realizes that.  Mega points for Jeff though, and I like that.

Baez is just too disgusting for words. His scruples are like those of his client.  Non existent!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.